Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (24513 Views)

Tecno To Launch Spark Series, Starting With Tecno Spark Telephone / 24 Hours With Tecno's Latest Tablet. / My Tecno Phantom 6 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2016
What else?
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2016
NicoBaba:
guy.. na wa 4 u oo.. u c stranger collect him fone kon dey press.. our Lastborn no fit try dat stunt..make he no chop abara... collect anoda fone make he just do kree for ur hand na there u go hear ween!
I get insurance grin grin plus, Tecno strong nah
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2016
dakerabbi:
Abeg una don too talk. How mush d phone be?
arnd 132k
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by sternlley(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2016
U don carry ur own format come abi? .. On hw u hear say tecno dash person fone for advertisin and marketin der product here u sef cum carry ur own come ... How many free fones una wan collect? ....abeg try ur format wit another company o'jere
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by kan12(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2016
F,I am still not impressed.
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by XDplus: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2016
Nice writeup

check out my impressions of the phantom 6 & 6 plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URhajCTqGhg
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Kenneth10110(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2016
most of the people who say they can't use a Tecno or infinix device because they are common it's either they own an itel device or they are just running their mouth they actually use Tecno or infinix.

1 Like

Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by HabaSeun: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2016
rapcy:
lolz... Check your phone, if you no see "made in China" or assembled in China or anything about Asia, I go dash you money... grin

You know what I mean Chinko=sub standard.
China makes quality but tecno is.......
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
rapcy:
THE BEAUTY DEVICE

First of all I will have to give respect to whoever deserves respect, and I can convincingly say that TECNO deserves respect here. If you are sitting down please stand up and shout I RESPECT TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS (LOL). I was at work when I saw
a customer with the beauty, I just couldn't hide my love for the device. I had to walk up to him, after the whole greetings (and washing), I asked him "no vex o! Which device is this?". That's when he hit me with the good news "Its Phantom 6+". As a tech lover, I asked him if I can just go through the phone while he's processing his transaction, and luckily he said yes.

unlocking the phone, the first thing I noticed was the entire UI is a blend of chocolate and gray, you know that lovely chocolate feeling. Wow, That made me pick up a paper and my pen to jot down this review for my Blog. Check below for the specifications;

PHONE SPECIFICATION

Network
The phone is blessed with 2G, 3G and 4G ( from what I heard, the mobile phone has the following Bands: LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 28(700) amazing shea?). The Browsing experience was great.

Display
The Phantom 6 Plus has a 6-inch Full HD Display, the display is so clear and has this rich color effect.

RAM AND STORAGE
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with 4GB of RAM and 64 GIG storage. although I noticed 2.81GB free RAM which is still good enough to meet all my multitasking needs.

Weight
I will say it's weight is normal, I compared it with galaxy s5, and it weigh less.

MULTITASKING
AND APPLICATIONS

This is where I always test the strength of a device. I opened a lot of apps, minimized all, opened GTA SA, after playing it for a while (about 6min of game play), I tried opening all the apps I minimized, and just like you thought, they were actively waiting on me. What do you expect after a combination of 4gig Ram with a 2.0GHz Helio X20 Deca-core MTK Chipset, Really Dope.

CAMERA
I love the results I got, the pictures I took where dope (what do you expect, I am a fyn bOy nah. Fyn Boy + Good Cam = Perfect Ebony). I think this is Tecno's first device with 21MP sony IMX230 camera. The pics are crystal clear, although not too strong under low light (Probably because I couldn't locate optical image stabilization). I wasn't able to check the front cam because the owner was done while I was on camera test.

BATTERY

I didn't get the opportunity to test drive this mobile phone in the department of its battery strength. But the few minutes I used it before giving back the phone I noticed it moved from 67 to 65% which honestly I would say is way good.

MY CONCLUSION

Unfortunately, I was not able to check other good features of the Beast because the owner was done with his transaction (Tears). I would do a full review once I lay my hand on this beast again. But from my 15 minutes experience, this mobile phone is the BOMB. If you want to go for a good device, GO FOR THIS DEVICE. Good Job TECNO, you guys delivered on this one.

http://www.dizboy.com/2016/10/my-15-minutes-experience-with-tecno.html?m=1
in 15 minutes undecided

2 Likes

Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rydercity(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Infinix Zero 3 For Sale #45000 (Negotiable). Am in Ph. 08102571356
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by miketayo(m): 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
rapcy:
he told me he got his own for 160k but I saw 132k on jumia. You can check other retailers it may be less than that...

God forbid 132k for a china phone
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by armadeo(m): 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
If you see me with a techno phone know someone dashed me and i haven't been able to get a buyer.

In fact it would still be in its pack.

What phantom A2 or whatever that phone was called did to me made me swear of techno forever.

I no wan even hear.

1 Like

Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Behankey(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
If you spent 15minutes and you have amazing stories to tell, what will happen if you spend a week or more? Truth is I think that Tecno has improved and it's good for them. They are extending their reach to other continents too. Which is commendable.
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Behankey:
If you spent 15minutes and you have amazing stories to tell, what will happen if you spend a week or more? Truth is I think that Tecno has improved and it's good for them. They are extending their reach to other continents too. Which is commendable.
Exactly
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Ayodeleo3: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
topradar4:

I think it does.
Go and check it on Tecno official website, it does not work on band 28.
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by harmbhrosz(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
chicwoman:

Why so angry. I've used the phone and I can attest to how great it is. When you use it, you can decide whether you have the right to make such a comment or not.
lol.... What do you know about phones grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by harmbhrosz(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
rapcy:
What else?
op if I give you hot slap ehn,

Lemme ask you this, Have you ever touche/seen a Xiaomi phone before?
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Techm8: 9:41am On Nov 01, 2016
miketayo:

pls let me know wen you see a Russian phone, or a German phone or an American phone or an English phone, I need one too.
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by miketayo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
Techm8:

pls let me know wen you see a Russian phone, or a German phone or an American phone or an English phone, I need one too.

no prob
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by miketayo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Techm8:

ll do, would u like a Nigerian phone to go with it too?
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
Sanchez01:
An MTK chipset phone of over 100k with no OTA update but is referred to as 'beast'... I'm not just understanding undecided
this isn't 2014 undecided,the helio x20 is comparable to huawei kirin 950/955 and better than the snapdragon 650/652 and cheaper than probably all the device using those soc's.the only problem is whether techno can better their software upgrades from nonexistent to at least once,infinix does at least one major software upgrade same for Samsung a series and google officially gives 2 years of software updates to their devices.hopefully tecno can improve here
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
HabaSeun:

You know what I mean Chinko=sub standard.
China makes quality but tecno is.......

Bro, don't contradict yourself. If china makes quality and Tecno is made in China, then Tecno is quality. Chikena
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by HabaSeun: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
D4Daymoo:

Bro, don't contradict yourself. If china makes quality and Tecno is made in China, then Tecno is quality. Chikena

Chinko is different from china
Chinko means fake (slang)
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Freelancerx: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
I'd say OP should spend more time exploring this phone. Maybe buy one grin, so this thread will be more juicy. Lol. Nonetheless, the Tecno phantom 6+ epitomizes the name. 4gb RAM and a battery of over 4000mah is a good deal and the processor is on point too. Speed is guaranteed
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
miketayo:

All phones have china input duh! tongue
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by miketayo(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
D4Daymoo:

All phones have china input duh! tongue

am not talking abt whr it was assembled .. am talking abt the manufacturers country...techno is owned by a Chinese company?
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
miketayo:

am not talking abt whr it was assembled .. am talking abt the manufacturers country...techno is owned by a Chinese company?

It's Tecno, yeah owned by a Chinese company, Transsion Holdings.
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by miketayo(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
D4Daymoo:

It's Tecno, yeah owned by a Chinese company, Transsion Holdings.

dats y i said china phone
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Mememan: 4:29am On Nov 03, 2016
[s]
rapcy:
THE BEAUTY DEVICE

First of all I will have to give respect to whoever deserves respect, and I can convincingly say that TECNO deserves respect here. If you are sitting down please stand up and shout I RESPECT TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS (LOL). I was at work when I saw
a customer with the beauty, I just couldn't hide my love for the device. I had to walk up to him, after the whole greetings (and washing), I asked him "no vex o! Which device is this?". That's when he hit me with the good news "Its Phantom 6+". As a tech lover, I asked him if I can just go through the phone while he's processing his transaction, and luckily he said yes.

unlocking the phone, the first thing I noticed was the entire UI is a blend of chocolate and gray, you know that lovely chocolate feeling. Wow, That made me pick up a paper and my pen to jot down this review for my Blog. Check below for the specifications;

PHONE SPECIFICATION

Network
The phone is blessed with 2G, 3G and 4G ( from what I heard, the mobile phone has the following Bands: LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 28(700) amazing shea?). The Browsing experience was great.

Display
The Phantom 6 Plus has a 6-inch Full HD Display, the display is so clear and has this rich color effect.

RAM AND STORAGE
The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with 4GB of RAM and 64 GIG storage. although I noticed 2.81GB free RAM which is still good enough to meet all my multitasking needs.

Weight
I will say it's weight is normal, I compared it with galaxy s5, and it weigh less.

MULTITASKING
AND APPLICATIONS

This is where I always test the strength of a device. I opened a lot of apps, minimized all, opened GTA SA, after playing it for a while (about 6min of game play), I tried opening all the apps I minimized, and just like you thought, they were actively waiting on me. What do you expect after a combination of 4gig Ram with a 2.0GHz Helio X20 Deca-core MTK Chipset, Really Dope.

CAMERA
I love the results I got, the pictures I took where dope (what do you expect, I am a fyn bOy nah. Fyn Boy + Good Cam = Perfect Ebony). I think this is Tecno's first device with 21MP sony IMX230 camera. The pics are crystal clear, although not too strong under low light (Probably because I couldn't locate optical image stabilization). I wasn't able to check the front cam because the owner was done while I was on camera test.

BATTERY

I didn't get the opportunity to test drive this mobile phone in the department of its battery strength. But the few minutes I used it before giving back the phone I noticed it moved from 67 to 65% which honestly I would say is way good.

MY CONCLUSION

Unfortunately, I was not able to check other good features of the Beast because the owner was done with his transaction (Tears). I would do a full review once I lay my hand on this beast again. But from my 15 minutes experience, this mobile phone is the BOMB. If you want to go for a good device, GO FOR THIS DEVICE. Good Job TECNO, you guys delivered on this one.

http://www.dizboy.com/2016/10/my-15-minutes-experience-with-tecno.html?m=1
[/s]
Nonsense mtk phone
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
miketayo:

dats y i said china phone

Bro, we are both on same page
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 12:17am On Nov 07, 2016
harmbhrosz:
op if I give you hot slap ehn,

Lemme ask you this, Have you ever touche/seen a Xiaomi phone before?
lwkmd, abeg no slap me o! I've seen it before
Re: My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus by rapcy(m): 12:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Mememan:
[s][/s]
Nonsense mtk phone
don't just conclude. Handle the phone first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Transparent Pearphone, A Future Enhancement / TECNO Spark 8 Series Unveiling: Specifications And Price / Why Size Matters A Lot To Nigerians – @itelmobileng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.