Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Do Ladies Like Video Games? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do Ladies Like Video Games? (2770 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ladies Like Video Games? by kosovo(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
To say that I am delighted to put this in writing and to ask this question is to say the obvious. There has been this declamatory gap between Girls and Games, though in recent times, Girls have begun taking the path of casual gamers. I must first tender my unreserved respect to Nintendo in this regard; Nintendo through their DS and wii together with a massive influx of their casual games validates the assertion. The success or failure of Microsoft’s Project Natal may also sway some ladies into casual gaming. I have actually come across a few lady hardcore gamers and Sony with her PlayStation clearly has that path locked-down, unlike Nintendo, it caters for everyone with its monolithic combination of family, kid, casual and hardcore games, hence its inexpugnable dominance in the gaming industry cannot be undermined.

I had a few spare times to talk to some Chicks about this issue and they opined divergently. Some said they’d rather spend their time at the beauty shop doing their pedicure and manicure. One said she prefers reading novels during her spare time. Another confined in me that she likes dating and partying, but then, there was a shocker, she told me straight in my eyes, that chicks that plays games were plain and just incredible stupid, she claimed that such chicks were sad and either have no devotee or a soul, and my ideate on her regarding the issue was unattainable and ridiculous, I was quick to ask why, but something else became the core of our discussion. cheesy

So that brings me back to my question. Is there really any relationship between Girls and Games? Do girls really like games? Ladies do you like games? Pls Leave your comment below.

Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Epi: 12:54am On Oct 28, 2009
Yes, I like playing video games. gamefreak

Playstation - u can catch me playing football, basketball, soccer and burnout
xbox 360 elite (new grin)  I play Pure (a motorcycle racing game) and leggo batman
gamecube- I am fed up of it now
PS 2/3
wii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQk__0DkfqM
DSI

Right now I can't play games on NL because when I click on game section it logs me off  cry cry I am going to jump on my xbox then
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 28, 2009
Cant rem the last time I played video game. . . . . wow.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by aomom(m): 2:15am On Oct 28, 2009
Well with the ds and the wii ladies are turning in2 something else!

Ma friends sister is so obssess with the wii sport to the point I told the guy to hide his wii sport she came to my crib to ask for mine had to tell her mine was nay available cos she became a threat we we guy got mario kart wii and smash brawl to play, same gal is always with a ds lite that she bought for herself in jand!

Buh the thing is that they are nat harcore gamers the do simple games like sims, wii sports and the like but to the level of smash brawl, mad world or samus(although some do play it) I think the 9ja gals that skuls in jand took to gaming while the ones here are always livid when guys are playing it! Haba even ladies are now watching naruto and boondocks and other animes what more are we expecting!
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by N101: 2:16am On Oct 28, 2009
I've been playing games for years - I'm not going to say for how long but let's just say I remember when the Donkey Kong Jr was on a tiny black & white console that could fit into your palm  grin  I've had pc games, had a Nintendo Game Boy Colour and now the DSi. I can't justify getting a Wii but I know enough people with tone so I still get to play some of the games.  Playstation never moved me but the XBox 360 almost did.  I've played on all of them.

Women do play games but it's been said we prefer skill and strategy games rather than first person shooter or similar games.  Many Nintendo games provide for that market, which is why you'd probably find more women - and girls - own a DS rather than a PSP.

For the past few months I've been playing Mario Kart and have recently acquired the Mario & Sonic Olympic game. I've got a few games and was having a conversation with a friend's son about new DS games  - yes, I have to resort to swapping with children because none of the adults I know have a DS and if they do, they're either the same games or few if any at all! 

It's tough being an adult. . . undecided
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Sagamite(m): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2009
FL Gators:

Cant rem the last time I played video game. . . . . wow.

Too much time doing the nails? tongue wink
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 28, 2009
LOL. Na bad thing?
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Sagamite(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL. Na bad thing?

That depends on the quality of the final display o. grin
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by kosovo(m): 6:55am On Oct 28, 2009
@ N101
Women do play games but it's been said we prefer skill and strategy games rather than first person shooter or similar games. Many Nintendo games provide for that market, which is why you'd probably find more women - and girls - own a DS rather than a PSP.
couldn't agree less!
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 28, 2009
nails looks gorgeous. Too bad you cant see it sad grin
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Sagamite(m): 7:05am On Oct 28, 2009
FL Gators:

nails looks gorgeous. Too bad you cant see it sad grin

I trust. No be you? Shine shine girl.  grin  wink

I go dey pray to Baba God to gif me money to fly to florida come see dem.   cheesy
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by sayso: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2009
have you seen them setting up their phones,there are simply things that don't bother them
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by DONFASZY(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2009
ladies love playin video game

at first,she will be like, what do u mean i should learn, but after some few games, she will want to take d game home and also want to visit ur creeb like everyday,

she says most time: good morning my love, i want to play game first b4 d koko
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by nethacker(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2009
ladies DON'T.my ex smashed my favourite PS2 cos of attention grin grin
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by iice(f): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2009
I used to be really into it back when i was high school grin
By the time i reached SS1, my house was camping ground.  Had about 5 consoles and we'd be at it for days cheesy
It continued through college.  My female friends are gamers.  One in particular was nuts about it.  She even worked for a gaming company.  Now i still play but not as much as before.  Don't have much time sad

N101 is right about strategy games.  I like those.  Can't play first person shooter.  Makes me dizzy undecided That's why i never touched counter strike.

aomom:

Buh the thing is that they are nat harcore gamers the do simple games like sims, wii sports and the like but to the level of smash brawl, mad world or samus(although some do play it) I think the 9ja gals that skuls in jand took to gaming while the ones here are always livid when guys are playing it! Haba even ladies are now watching naruto and boondocks and other animes what more are we expecting!

Boondocks and the likes are not limited to men undecided
If you mean to say females like romance movies, true but they also like action and the likes.  And some of us well, we don't usually go near romantic movies cheesy
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Sagamite(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2009
iice:

N101 is right about strategy games. I like those. Can't play first person shooter. Makes me dizzy undecided That's why i never touched counter strike.

I get dizzy too, that is why I have never played Grand Theft Auto. I bought it and when I tried to play, after a while I feel sick and feel like throwing up.

The only first person shooter game I have ever played without feeling dizzy is Metal Gear Solid.

All I play now is just ONE game: Pro Evolution Soccer.

Nothing else.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by iice(f): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2009
Sagamite:

The only first person shooter game I have ever played without feeling dizzy is Metal Gear Solid.

Me too!
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by nellaluv(f): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2009
I play games but not football. I wonder y one would want to play football of all things.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Sagamite(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2009
nellaluv:

I play games but not football. I wonder y one would want to play football of all things.

So what do you play then? Handbag and Shoe selection in shopping mall game? (If it exists) tongue

Football is the bomb. I have little patience for any other game.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by holotee(m): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2009
The percentage of female gamers is quite small compared to males. It depends more on the upbring, enviroment and interest. The ones that like em have most likely being influenced by males (family/friends) and the ones that dnt have spent more time with "mom" and the likes (if u get my drift)
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by iice(f): 10:34am On Oct 28, 2009
holotee:

The percentage of female gamers is quite small compared to males. It depends more on the upbring, enviroment and interest. The ones that like em have most likely being influenced by males (family/friends) and the ones that dnt have spent more time with "mom" and the likes (if u get my drift)

Quite true. All the people i played with in high school were guys.

Don't play football though prolly coz i don't have much interest in it undecided
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by kingbru(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2009
Don know about chicks outside these shores but Naija babes generally don't,
in fact, they can even hate you for giving more time to your video game them
especially if its a football game.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by noblegas2(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2009
@ kingbru, u ar absolutely rite.ma gf smashd ma PsP cuz of attention nd i was rily mad @ her.nw am waitin 4 her 2 smash ma Laptop nd i ll,
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Nezan(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2009
I think boys game more than girls.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by GTay(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2009
nellaluv:

Why not football?
1. What could be more challenging than playing soccer with an opponent
2. You could play against anyone, visitors, friends et al
3. A soccer match is unpredictable
4. Online play against the very best out there
5. The Joy of scoring a Wonder Goal  shocked
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by achilace(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2009
It beats me why most girls xpecially in naija don't like vid games. i was talking to a friend few days back bout games and she didn't even want to hear. i play all games from tony hawks, fifa street, the godfather, nfl, basketball, soccer. anyone u bring am down. Girls should know that it would help 'em bond with their guys more, besides games are one of the coolest things to have been invented.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by ritchboy(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
I spit in the faces of those who do not game grin grin
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by Gamine(f): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2009
overflogged topic

@Kosovo

there must be something else you do undecided
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by topkin(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ poster
Some are freaks men! Ma sister is a typical example!!!
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by aomom(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
Hey iice the truth is boondocks and naruto is nat just for anybody lemmie me say its for the cyberly intelligent ones hu's nat baised to a single concept, I tell u something most ppl when they see ma doing my anime and manga ish they like at my age am watching cartoon blah blah blah, even a friend saw me playing my wii and he's like when did u buy a playstaion( the turned anything game to playstation)

To some ladies it so kuul as in I know many of them frm jand that are into gaming, but me nat a soccer fan at all,
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by iice(f): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
aomom:

Hey iice the truth is boondocks and naruto is nat just for anybody lemmie me say its for the[b] cyberly intelligent ones hu's nat baised to a single concept, [/b]I tell u something most ppl when they see ma doing my anime and manga ish they like at my age am watching cartoon blah blah blah, even a friend saw me playing my wii and he's like when did u buy a playstaion( the turned anything game to playstation)

To some ladies it so kuul as in I know many of them frm jand that are into gaming, but me nat a soccer fan at all,

[img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-052.GIF[/img]

Ok ooooo.
Re: Do Ladies Like Video Games? by hansibone(m): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
well, my gurlfrnd is a game freak like me, and its quite difficult finding them,

one vry good thing about our relationship is dat, afta all the romance thing, we get our arse down to grind on the game pads,

females in general dont like first person shooter games, their brain structure does not support that theory, but bring em sumtin dats has strategy or puzzles, damn u as a guy will be lost.

my chick's favorite game is any car racing game(had to download a lot of em into her phone, so wen we are not playing the consoles, she digs her phone),

really love gurls who play games and it simply protarys a chick with a personality evry guy will love,

try em out, get a game and play it with her and see the joy and fun you two will share, (sumtims afta it, u both get hornin to get down, it brings both minds close to each other).

peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Patch My Pes 2011 To Pes 2017 Or 18? / Best Gaming Laptops You Can Buy Under $1000 ( In 2018) / Ps4 Hacking And Game Installation Services ( more latest games added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.