Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere (1709 Views)

Peter Okoye Imitating Michael Jackson At 14 (Pictures) / Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by sexyLeamon(f): 4:28am On Oct 28, 2009
Michael Jackson documentary This Is It will make cinema history when it premieres around the world tonight, but fans are divided over whether the film honours his memory.
The movie is cut together from footage of Jackson rehearsing for his summer comeback shows at London's O2 Arena. He died shortly before the first show was due to take place.

Members of the Jackson clan are expected to attend the premiere in Los Angeles, with another 18 premieres taking place simultaneously in Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Korea, Norway, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay, the United Kingdom and New York City.

The London premiere will begin at 1am at the Odeon, Leicester Square, with footage beamed live from the red carpet in LA. The first public screening will take place at 4am, and fans are expected to queue through the night to see it.

The film has been dogged by controversy A protest website, This is NOT It,http://www.this-is-not-it.com/ claims the documentary hides the truth about the star's failing health as he undertook rehearsals for the 50-date run at London's O2 Arena
Dame Elizabeth Taylor, one of Jackson's closest friends, has hailed the film as "the single most brilliant piece of filmmaking I have ever seen" after attending a secret preview screening last week.

She posted a series of messages on Twitter in which she hailed the late entertainer as "a modern day prophet".

"I wept from pure joy at his God given gift. There will never, ever be the likes of him again," she said. In another message she wrote: "We have this piece of film to remind us forever and ever that once there was such a man. God kissed him."
The actress added: "I truly believe this film should be nominated in every category conceivable."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/6447742/This-Is-It-world-awaits-Michael-Jackson-premiere.html
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by SeanT21(f): 5:20am On Oct 28, 2009
I can not wait to watch it free online cause its sold out.
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by sexyLeamon(f): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2009
why not watch it in cinema undecided
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by SeanT21(f): 5:28am On Oct 28, 2009
Its sold out.
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by sexyLeamon(f): 5:30am On Oct 28, 2009
SeanT21:

Its sold out.
what and am planing to go tommorrow Oh God help me
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by chic2pimp(m): 5:30am On Oct 28, 2009
@ Sexylemmy

Are u in the UK or the states? undecided
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by SeanT21(f): 5:33am On Oct 28, 2009
sexyLeamon:

what and am planing to go tommorrow Oh God help me

Its sold out in the states. I do not know about the rest. I think its also sold out in some Asian countries.
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by muffins(f): 12:53am On Oct 30, 2009
This is it is going to be the bomb. tongue
Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by Maykelly(f): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
for his fans anyway

Re: This Is It: World Awaits Michael Jackson Premiere by Maykelly(f): 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Fans Take On A Lady For Picking On Hon Patrick Obahiagbon! / BBA Star, Karen Igho Picks Up Radio Presenting Job At Naija FM 102.7 / PHOTOS: Meet Cristiano Ronaldo’s Sexy Model Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.