Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Vile Stain Of Corruption In Nigeria Is, It’s Acknowledgement Among The Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Vile Stain Of Corruption In Nigeria Is, It’s Acknowledgement Among The Youth (437 Views)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose / NJC Suspends 7 Senior Judges Accused Of corruption / Why So Much Vile And Hate For The President Especially On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Vile Stain Of Corruption In Nigeria Is, It’s Acknowledgement Among The Youth by ComradeKings(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
THE VILE STAIN OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA IS, IT’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AMONG THE YOUTHS. by Kings Kekwop

The fight against corruption has taken several dimensions in Nigeria over time. I’m paled with situations of things seeing that, the fight to nabbed corruption out of the system is gaining discouragement by the same people the fight is meant for.
It is so devastating to see youths who are future leaders and the hope of generations to come consenting to immorality just to ease pass the stress of queuing up to collect what is meant for them.
I’m sharing this story not to indict the man involved but to encourage youths to always stand for the truth, no matter the situation. This is the only gateway to a better country.
Congratulation for concluding your service year, it is something to thank God for”. This lighting message came at the right time especially considering two days for Passing out Parade (POP). The agony that came after such an inspiring statement was the threat of not collecting clearance without the show appreciation tip. He acclaimed “Nobody should come and collect his/her clearance without something for me”. The message was straight forward and blunt. I thought this was all a joke but I was wrong. To my amazement, a female corps member document was flown because she paid 50naira, and she had to increase it. I told myself and anybody that cares to listen, “I’m not paying this Money!” it came to my turn to be cleared and I was asked for my ID card, which I happily provided. The next question was, “where is your appreciation?” At that time, it was fixed for a minimum of 100 naira.
I refused vehemently. “Sir, this 100 naira is for what?” I asked with all curiosity. “The Money belongs to me” He replied.It is to show appreciation to me for the period of one year you have being with us” he emphasised. I stood my grounds and refuse to offer any payment. I was asked to step aside, as he decline to clear me. It became a scene of argument as other corps members on the queue were chanting at me to leave the queue for them to pay and be cleared. That was when my heart bleeds for this country, if youths who are supposed to be change agents see nothing wrong with paying arbitrary money in the guise of appreciation.
Corruption in this country will continue to be a mirage, if our attitude as youths and Nigeria is not changed. We should learn to stand for the right thing and to be the change we seek. My clearance form was later given to me without me paying anything. The result of integrity is always rewarding and no regrets at all. #CHANGEBEGINWITHME #SAYNOTOINSTITUTIONALIZEDCORRUPTION #STANDFORTRUTH

2 Shares

Re: The Vile Stain Of Corruption In Nigeria Is, It’s Acknowledgement Among The Youth by DropShot: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
The current crop of youths can correctly be described as "a wasted generationn" if we judge them on their shameless support for those looters who bastardized their life.

(1) (Reply)

ACEI Sells Azura-edo IPP, 3 Other Firms / ‘war Has Just Begun’ Boko Haram Tells Trump / Buhari Empowered B/Haram To kill our Soldiers. - Nigerian React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.