Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages (41885 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Airtel Customer Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by willibounce1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
E remain glo and mtn...
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by AlexzStructure(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
It takes a strong hearted man to do this
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Something in my mind, but i dnt wanna talk abt it...

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by electrokcoi(m): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
all Nigerians are suppose to sue mtn to court their own is too much
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by sharpchap: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
Justice, honourable son of the soil, ride on we dey your back fully and completely.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Debbime(f): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
Next is Etisalat with all this their calls,

I dey go court abeg

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by joinnow: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
All networks provider just dey provoke one with unnecessary SMS. Just imagine u are expecting bank alert then all those irrelevant SMS just dey drop enter you phone.
Hard time I make that lawyer our family lawyer.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by greggng: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Let me go and file my own suit against hen tee hen. I ve activated don't disturb yet they re disturbing me even when am having my private time with my.... complete the rest
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Angelahoney: 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
DNA9:
Nigerian judiciary jst looking 4 a way to create relevance bk again.. we all knw dis won't happen if der was no DSS / Judges saga.. Movie niggas

Stop being cynical..
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by billyG(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
RoyalMail:
Justice Jude Okeke of an FCT High Court in Maitama, Abuja on Wednesday, slammed a fine of N5 million on Airtel Nig. Ltd for violation of customer’s right to privacy.

The plaintiff, Mr Emmanuel Anene on Dec. 21 filed a suit against Airtel for continue disturbances through unsolicited messages to his line. The judge held that the crucial issue that calls for determination here was whether or not that the plaintiff evidence made out a case to justify the claims in the reliefs he sought.

“One of the reliefs sought an order of the court seeks for the award of damages. A plaintiff who seeks for a violation of right is to succeed on the strength of his case and not on the weakness or absence of the defence.

“Though he can rely on the absence of the defence to support his case."

He said the burden of proof could shift from party to party until the issue in contention is resolved.

The court records showed that the plaintiff evidence of claims was served on the defendant and led evidence in the support of same.

“The defendant who was afforded the opportunity failed to file statement of defence contradicting the plaintiff’s statement of claim or fails to lead evidence in challenge to the claims; it means he had admitted the facts.

“Unless the court does not believe in the evidence or sees any reason in contrary in law it reserves a duty to act on such.

“The defendant failed to place any evidence on the other scale of balance there is nothing against in which the plaintiff’s evidence can be weighed.

Okeke held that the plaintiff complained about disturbances and distractions which he did solicit for, from the defendant but the defendant did not reply nor do anything about it.

“The plaintiff having purchase the defendant telephone number a contractual relationship is satisfied, the defendant is in violation of the right to the plaintiff privacy.

“The defendant, having received complaints from the plaintiff, but continued to disturb the plaintiff from quiet enjoyment of the line.

“In every wrong there must be a remedy, to vindicate the plaintiff’s right which has been violated in the forth going circumstance by the defendant; the plaintiff shall be awarded damages based on the discretion of the court.

“Against this background putting into consideration the obvious inconviencies, discomfort and the embarrassments the plaintiff had undeniably gone through.

“The defendant has been directed to pay to the plaintiff damages not the N200 million the plaintiff asked for but N5 million only.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/11/court-awards-n5million-to-customer-who.html
After #2milln will go to d corrupt judges,#2milln to d crook lawyer.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by seundele: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?
Have you ever imagined how you can finally do away with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE after a lot of medications have given no fruitful result.
There is a natural supplement called HYPERTENSION CARE that can help you deal with the root cause of high blood pressure and also gradually reduce your  blood pressure to the normal level without any side effect.
We offer free home delivery service.
Payment on delivery available
To learn more or to place your order;
Call/SMS/Whatsapp: 08065035401
BBM: D1A0F4FA
E-mail: ooluwaseunayodele@gmail.com
 www.perfectwellnessoptions.com/bloodpressure.html
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by MartinsIfeco(m): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
alanposh:

alanposh on the beat again..

5m uwa mmebi.. Onyinye ekwensu..
ndi ara ofe mmanu nesiaram anya ma ban ebea..
egbe eluigwe g agbawu onye nweee site a ga eyi pencil mouth trouser were bia.

o feel Na uwa Buh Nke ya...

Na aka nke ozoo,obi adirom mma nno otu club ana akpo man shitty siri wey raaaa m Na abali unyahu Na ejiro ute.. asim ka nwa amadi ana akpo Enrique ka opua aaaa..

Na aka Nke ozoooo kwa.... enweghi aka olu emego ndi mmadu were obi haa nye mmm,Buh only BT one day,ikpuuu ga asara onye raraaaa ya....

Na aka nke ozoo,nyerenu m aka gwaaaa onye isi ala unu ka oga lele ule waec were nyere ministry ya aka maka Na itiiiboribo bu oyaaaaa..

oburu Na imaghi ASUU Igbo or I bu onye ipob or iPhone,biko,don't quote me to avoid mpiawazu
o bu gini?
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by brojoshua: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
This is foolishness and misuse of judicial power by the judge who delivered such a judgment. To me that company supposed not to be charged more than #500,000.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by pitsonbay: 12:28am On Nov 03, 2016
ok! Etisalat, u shall hear from my lawyer.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by daven: 4:53am On Nov 03, 2016
alanposh:

alanposh on the beat again..

5m uwa mmebi.. Onyinye ekwensu..
ndi ara ofe mmanu nesiaram anya ma ban ebea..
egbe eluigwe g agbawu onye nweee site a ga eyi pencil mouth trouser were bia.

o feel Na uwa Buh Nke ya...

Na aka nke ozoo,obi adirom mma nno otu club ana akpo man shitty siri wey raaaa m Na abali unyahu Na ejiro ute.. asim ka nwa amadi ana akpo Enrique ka opua aaaa..

Na aka Nke ozoooo kwa.... enweghi aka olu emego ndi mmadu were obi haa nye mmm,Buh only BT one day,ikpuuu ga asara onye raraaaa ya....

Na aka nke ozoo,nyerenu m aka gwaaaa onye isi ala unu ka oga lele ule waec were nyere ministry ya aka maka Na itiiiboribo bu oyaaaaa..

oburu Na imaghi ASUU Igbo or I bu onye ipob or iPhone,biko,don't quote me to avoid mpiawazu
ROTFLMAO. grin
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by sunsplash99(m): 8:01am On Nov 03, 2016
MTN be prepared cox am not only going to sue u guys for unsolicited messages alone but unsolicited calls, advertisements, and unnecessary deductions.
That is 4 count charges. Meaning 5m x 4 = 20m
God don pickup my call.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by dalass(f): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2016
BarakOkenny:
Omo, I been dey dull myself since o..

grin grin cheesy
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2016
onionsoup:

Them do u sontin? C'mon interpreted that your native grammar. If them say com be tisha na, u go dorj. grin

nwa baby choziri igbam asaaa..
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2016
MartinsIfeco:
o bu gini?

nwanne m. google bu onye enyemaka GI mgbe obula
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by ameh99: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]MTN here I come
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by ameh99: 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
Oooo God, why not This Mumu MTN
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
onionsoup:

Them do u sontin? C'mon interpreted that your native grammar. If them say com be tisha na, u go dorj. grin

nke a asi Na gini Na eme ya?

otuuuu gbawarie GI there
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by onionsoup(f): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
alanposh:

nke a asi Na gini Na eme ya?

otuuuu gbawarie GI there

You too gi ne merugi

You too je ge li nsi
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2016
onionsoup:

You too gi ne merugi
You too je ge li nsi

I see... you wanna use me and gain popularity..

Check the next door please
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by onionsoup(f): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2016
alanposh:

I see... you wanna use me and gain popularity..

Check the next door please

Kihehehehe so you fit speak Engrishh. grin grin grin
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
onionsoup:

Kihehehehe so you fit speak Engrishh. grin grin grin

hehehe! this is not the best way to admire someone.. come up straight to my inbox and tell me those words.. please stop quoting me.. a
I am damn allergic to ladies..
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by onionsoup(f): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
alanposh:

hehehe! this is not the best way to admire someone.. come up straight to my inbox and tell me those words.. please stop quoting me.. a
I am damn allergic to ladies..

Oops Gay spotted. Meanwhile I have no personal interest in you trust me. And my candid advice; when writing on a public platform like nl please say what you feel in a language the same public who can see your comments can understand. Inugo?/ kapish??/do you copy I'm outta here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Images You’ll Relate To If You’ve Ever Been To Computer Village / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.