Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC (581 Views)

Alao-akala, Folarin, Adigun, Arapaja, Officially Join APC / Why I Can’t Join APC- Fayose / Updated: Ondo 2016: Gov.mimiko Aides Resign, Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC by PMBNG(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
TWO Special Assistants to Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State on Wednesday resigned their appointments and defected to the All Progressives Congress.

The two aides stated their position in letters addressed to Mimiko.

Those who resigned are Aderonke Morolayo, the Special Assistant on Political Matters, and Victor Ojo, the Special Assistant on Mobilisation.

In her letter of resignation dated November 2, 2016 and addressed to the Governor, Morolayo said: “This is to formally inform Your Excellency of my resignation from the government of Ondo State due to circumstances beyond my control.

“Your Excellency, let me also use this medium to thank and appreciate you for counting me worthy to serve the good people of Ondo state in this capacity.”

She informed Mimiko that his decision to have his successor from the Central Senatorial District, where he hailed from, would make the Peoples Democratic Party to lose the November 26 governorship poll.

Morolayo and Ojo on Wednesday formally declared their membership of the APC.

A statement by the APC’s Publicity Secretary in the state, Abayomi Adesanya, said the two politicians were received into the party by the deputy governorship candidate in the forthcoming election, Agboola Ajayi.

The statement said the two new members had pledged to work for the success of APC in the election.

It stated that Ajayi assured the defectors of equal opportunities and urged them to work assiduously for the party’s victory and progress in the state.

-

Re: Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC by duro4chang(m): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
Why ! This is not the best of time for Mimiko.Has he done something that caused this?
Re: Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC by exclusive87(m): 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Fear politicians,,, they are unstable like NEPA and Unpredictable
Re: Ondo 2016: Mimiko’s Aides Resign, Join APC by gebest: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
duro4chang:
Why ! This is not the best of time for Mimiko.Has he done something that caused this?
yes o, with the money ondo state has, he bluntly refused to pay workers for six months now, ondo state is the fifth oil producing state in nigeria and has big share from the federation account.

(1) (Reply)

Newly Sworn-in Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Pictured On His First Day In Office / Buhari Vs Dasuki!!!! / 59 Quote S To Mark Gej 59 Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.