Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do (46665 Views)

On Behalf Of Every Man, Here Are Things We Want Our Wives To Stop Doing / 8 Things Guys Above 30yrs Do That Show They Are Still Mummy's Boy / 11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
Richy4:

Oh Bro!!! my Lady friends should have a comprehensive insurance that covers all car and road emergencies like when you have a flat tyre or ran out of fuel, they give you fuel enough to take u to petrol station...It is not really expensive .... grin They are intelligent enough to know what i can or cannot do.. the basic emergencies that they can call will be that their washing machine is broken... I will just ask them to come wash and dry it in my place...or that I should come and pick them up at the airport.. full stop.... I cannot claim superman and jeopardize their lives changing socket bro... just because I want to be a jack of all trade..I know the ones that every man should know but that socket changing is not advisable it can burn a house.. little or no cash can fix it.... Life is to easy and simple my brother....
Lol

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
You forgot to include a vital skill that every man must have, and that is none other than cooking skills.

All men should know how to cook. It's pitiable when as a man one does not know the way to go about in nourishing himself, and must rely heavily on the efforts of others before he can feed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by MizAijay(f): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
You forgot to add, Every man should know how to prepare a simple meal even if it's noodles.
My husband does everything apart from the first aid part and the carrying of babies. He's actually scared of carrying babies because they are too fragile. Thankfully, we are expecting our first child and his days of baby-carrying-phobia are almost over because I'll see to it that he carries his child VERY WELL....

8 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
DarkRebel101:
You forgot to include a vital skill that every man must have, and that is none other than cooking skills.

All men should know how to cook. It's pitiable when as a man one does not know the way to go about in nourishing himself, and must rely heavily on the efforts of others before he can feed.
You're right, cooking is a skill everman should have.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
MizAijay:
You forgot to add, Every man should know how to prepare a simple meal even if it's noodles.
My husband does everything apart from the first aid part and the carrying of babies. He's actually scared of carrying babies because they are too fragile. Thankfully, we are expecting our first child and his days of baby-carrying-phobia are almost over because I'll see to it that he carries his child VERY WELL....

Even sap-skulled imbëciles can make noodles.

What a man must know how to cook are the staple delicacies: White/Jollof/fried rice, beans, yam etcetera -- he should also know how to make stew and mash okra, and also cook vegetable soup, and maybe one other soup that he enjoys. (Any other thing is a added benefit)

Even though I don't like to cook much, I can make everything stated in the afore, and it would taste so good you have your tongue tied in a million knots of incredulity. cheesy

That's why I'm sure that my future wife can never use food to hold me to ransom.

Principe:
You're right, cooking is a skill everman should have.

Word! It's usually men who grew up as Ajebutters, or in homes where a male seen in the kitchen was a sacrilegious sight to behold, that ended up thoroughly inept in culinary affairs – a price they would later pay in one way or the other.

12 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ElsonMorali: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
Every man should know and learn how to cook.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Acidosis(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
Every man should be sensible enough to know when to outsource.

I will not stand all day painting and fixing anything when I can invest that time on something more profitable.I

7 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by YourCoffin: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
Not in this era na Op. The only important skills is driving and investment skill. Every other thing you wrote there ma Oyo.

That is how one man was forming electrician at his house and got his wife electrocuted to death in the process. No be me and you. The tie own ma another matter. In fact the person that invented it needs to be castrated.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You're 101% correct! Every man should also try to be romantic..

Your moniker is........
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by emwye(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Dude,
These rules make no sense. It all depends on the skills you need to thrive. All this services can be bought with money.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Rekyz(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Must know how to insert his disk into that hole.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by LUV1: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Except a man be born again he can not see the kingdom of God.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by emwye(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Lemme admit that i'm hoping for the best! When love finds me. I believe in POSITIVE change. Whoever loves me wouldn't mind bending their rules to suit me biko.

This right there is where women get it totally wrong.
Men want a woman they dont need to change anything about
Women want men they will change - wtf, quit it folks.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Flashh: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:
My husband can't do No1(knot a tie).
I've tried so hard to teach him, instead of him to cool down and learn_ he is more interested in knowing who/which guy taught me...lol.
He's just being curious. Thinking you must have been knotting ties for somebody before you got married to him.

Who taught you? You better go give him answer with honesty.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Rexhenrex(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:
My husband can't do No1(knot a tie).
I've tried so hard to teach him, instead of him to cool down and learn_ he is more interested in knowing who/which guy taught me...lol.
lmao u got me laughing real hard i think am like him. can't knot a tie but am a corporate freak lool....can't calm down and learn it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ikorodureporta: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
How to cook nko?? & change diapers......

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by rosalieene(f): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
no 3 is so important.. ... Yes it is

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Bpfems(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
Every Man should learn how to handle a Clipper(barb your hear if not, then your kids needs it, it saves cost)
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ikorodureporta: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
LUV1:
Except a man be born again he can not see the kingdom of God.

you againnn?

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by 1990news: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:

no mind am.
After dry cleaning his ties, they knot it there, you need to see how careful he is not to loosen it.
One day...he loosened the favourite one and he had a meeting very early. I told him to put in his bag, his colleague would knot at work, he said they won't be there that early...blabla. I just had to stop my pretence, even asked how he wanted the knot grin. He answered.

When I was done, he looked me in the eye "you go say I no dey appreciative, but I go like know who teach you?".
I no even answer am.

lies. well done. Linus sylvia Linus.grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by AnanseK(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Carry the husband

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by QuietHammer(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You're 101% correct! Every man should also try to be romantic..
I knew it. I just knew that someone will ruin this thread by mentioning romance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by babyfaceafrica: 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Principe:

Lol, One should turn off the main switch before changing socket, it is not difficult fix thw red wire on the 'hole 'with the live/positive inscription and the negative wire on the one with -ve inscription.

One should know his limit,fix the simple ones and call the handymen for the complex ones.

You should know how to change flat tyre, what if a female friend/relative has a flat tyre and calls you to come and help her change it(assuming there is an emgergency and you are the only one handy) , what are you going to do?
why will a female friend call me for flat tyre she should call the mechanic?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by mayoor15(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Lemme admit that i'm hoping for the best! When love finds me. I believe in POSITIVE change. Whoever loves me wouldn't mind bending their rules to suit me biko.
you think its easy for the man abi, u'r just sounding lyk my gal, anyways fact is this when you find love, u'll realize that he won't change 4u, u have 2 learn 2 live with him that way or you walk away, same applies 2 ur man.Hope you find a man of ur dreams, but in reality there is no such man.Married folks can TESTIFY to that.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lols. If dis s exams, i done pass am. Next.
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Synord(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
LastMumu:

Lol, I can't knot a tie as well without relying on a saved YouTube video on my phone. I don try over hundred times to memorise am but I seem to forget faster than I even learnt the darn thing!. angry

Baba, have never been more perplexed... Though this tie knoting thing is simple but I know just get they get am
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by buffalowings4: 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
Don't fix electrical things urself

It's like you guys forgot about that pretty lady that died because of her husband fixing sockets himself

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Emyres: 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
First Time to Comment.
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Thugnificent(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
I don't know how to drive
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by shumuel(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
Principe:
1) TO KNOT TIE: Every man should know how to knot a tie. Some men find it difficult to knot tie. I have seen men walk the whole street looking for who to help them knot a tie.
It is very easy, there are many types and many online tutorials on how to knot them.

2) SHAVE: Every man should endeavor to have a personal clipper, and should also know how to shave and and also know how to get his hair cut.
Sometimes we may get busy during the weekend or forgot to shave only to wake up monday morning and realize that we didn't shave. We can simply shave before leaving for work.

3)HOW TO FIX HOME APPLIANCES: Every man should know how to fix simple home appliances such as how to change electrical sucket, light bulbs, change generator plug, assemble electric fan,hang tv, etc.

4) HOW TO HANDLE SIMPLE TOOLS: Men should learn how to handle tools like hammer, saw blade,brush.Most of the things we call artisans to fix can be fixed if we learn how to use and handle these tools. Every man should have a tool box.

5)HOW TO DRIVE: Every man should know how to drive, do not wait wait until you have your own car,learn how to drive both manual and automatic transmission cars.
This can be very useful in event of emergency.

6) PERFORM BASIC FIRST AID: You don't have to be a doctor,nurse or health practictoneer to know how to perform basic first aid.

7) PAINT A ROOM: One must not paint the whole house, most people like to repaint their house especially when they move into a new apartment. You can save cost by painting your rooms.

cool CARRY A BABY: Every man should know how to carry a baby. you can help your spouse with the baby. It is not 'a woman thing'.

I can do all, so Next! grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nzagi556: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
no be lie...
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by babasolo(m): 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wash dishes even the bible says it..

2 Kings 21:13 And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down.

so its not a woman's thing...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise / Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.