Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) (4914 Views)

Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' / Genievive Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Are In Ije (an International Movie) / Best Genevieve, Stella And Omotola Films? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by kech(f): 2:44am On Oct 29, 2009
Genevieve And Omotola Doing It Again! (New Movie!)

Ok, for all of you Genny and Omotola fans who like to cause unnecessary rifts (including me  grin) . Here's another blockbuster movie to be released featuring the both of them. They've acted together a couple of times and they were both remarkable. Sister's love, Games Women Play, Blood Sister, and now this. To be honest, if there is really some kind of rivalry between them like people claim cos I don't know, I think it's a healthy one. They bring out the best in each other. I'm so gonna watch this movie. I can't wait.

SYNOPSIS:
IJE tells a tale of Chioma, a child growing up in the Nigerian countryside, who warned her restless sister, Anya, about the trappings of the American Dream. Now ten years later, Anya is accused of killing three men in a Hollywood Hills mansion—one of them her record producer-husband. Chioma travels from Nigeria to Los Angeles, and with the help of a young, unproven attorney, discovers that the dark secret her sister wants to keep hidden might be the only thing that can win her freedom.

Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by Dclique(m): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2009
Hmmm, this sounds interesting.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:48am On Oct 29, 2009
genny!!!!!!!!!!!!
omo!!!!!!!!

this seems great.
now THIS is what im talking about. grin grin grin grin grin

the storyline seems okay sha. a little drawn out.
but lets hope that they can BRING IT TO LIFE on the screen.

isnt this the film they shot in LA and omo and genny also atteneded a party after filming while there?
i believe this may be the film.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by C2H5OH(f): 4:53am On Oct 29, 2009
I don't think they are licensed to film out here, so check up on that.

It might be a couple of scenes shot in a hotel room somewhere or something, with cameo shots of downtown LA added to the mix to give the film some scenery.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2009
C2H5OH:

It might be a couple of scenes shot in a hotel room somewhere or something, with cameo shots of downtown LA added to the mix to give the film some scenery.
probably.

but the storyline is a little, idk how to put it.
why all this american dream? go to LA? kill someone in a hollywood hills mansion?
nigerians sha. lolol
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:56am On Oct 29, 2009
also in the pic, from the looks of her hair, it seems OMO might be the one in prison.
lol
even though they are both wearing prison attire.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by OgidiBoy(m): 4:57am On Oct 29, 2009
C2H5OH:

They don't need a license, nobody will even know the making a movie, they use 8mm cameras and camcorders so I don't think any law enforcement agent will even notice. grin
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by azeeza(f): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2009
cant wait 2 watch it.but can doing a movie 2gether make dem friends again?
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 29, 2009
Cool
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by kech(f): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
azeeza:

cant wait 2 watch it.but can doing a movie 2gether make dem friends again?

I don't think they were close friends before. I don't think they are enemies either. The "beef" people claim they have is just professional. Every professional industry has it's rivals. Doesn't mean they are enemies or don't talk to each other. I think they are kinda like acquaintances. You get the job done and move on. They don't have to hang around each other, go to the market together , wear the same clothes and all that lot to prove they are not quarreling. They both have other things to do.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2009
both of them are great I will sure watch it.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by Nezed(f): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
Where did they copy the storyline from?

They had berra stick to doing what they know how best to do oh! That is commedy or university/ lover boy storylines.

Bet me, you are going to see an unrealistic storyline with the yankee genny or omot (hueva dat) using that annoying archaic accent in the movie.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by ubiaa5(f): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2009
will be watching out.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by AloyEmeka6: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
Who is the IJE in the movie since the lead role's name is chioma?. And who directed the movie?
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by shesi(m): 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
is that majid michael in between them in the picture? that guys is a very good actor. one of the few nigerian actors who actually can act. i saw some movie over the weekend and he was in it. bright future he has, that one.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by muffins(f): 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2009
This movie is going to be the bomb, when is it going to be released? undecided
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by asha80(m): 12:01am On Oct 30, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Who is the IJE in the movie since the lead role's name is chioma?. And who directed the movie?

Do you think the IJE here is short form of ijeoma?IJE can also mean JOURNEY
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by AloyEmeka6: 12:02am On Oct 30, 2009
asha 80:

Do you think the IJE here is short form of ijeoma?IJE can also mean JOURNEY

Okay.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by naliakar: 12:13am On Oct 30, 2009
Great. But what rivalry are you talking about? The two are not equal in beauty and talent. Although my cradle brings me closer to Gene, I must admit that Omo is far more superior in build, shape, complexion and beauty. You rarely get that combination in the west. But there she is for you. I think Gene's beauty and acting are hyped.

But that movie will be good to watch if only to create a common ground on which to continue comparing two people who should never be compared.

In Nollywood now, Tonto remains the best actor. If you watch her acting, the girl knows how to get in character and animate it well. She is far more superior in acting quality above all the rest of the ladies, these two included.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by asha80(m): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2009
naliakar:

Great. But what rivalry are you talking about? The two are not equal in beauty and talent. Although my cradle brings me closer to Gene, I must admit that Omo is far more superior in build, shape, complexion and beauty. You rarely get that combination in the west. But there she is for you. I think Gene's beauty and acting are hyped.

But that movie will be good to watch if only to create a common ground on which to continue comparing two people who should never be compared.

In Nollywood now, Tonto remains the best actor. If you watch her acting, the girl knows how to get in character and animate it well. She is far more superior in acting quality above all the rest of the ladies, these two included.

You dey yarn cigar.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by AloyEmeka6: 12:17am On Oct 30, 2009
naliakar:

You are a fool. How can somebody be more superior in complexion? . Black people and their inferiority complex over skin colour don tire me.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by naliakar: 12:27am On Oct 30, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are a fool. How can somebody be more superior in complexion? . Black people and their inferiority complex over skin colour don tire me.

Where were you taught that superior complexion means color. Boko Haram graduates never cease to amaze. Complexion can be inflected variously and here I use it to mean radiance and Omo exudes that a lot more. For your info. radiance is the sum total of many factors.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by AloyEmeka6: 12:33am On Oct 30, 2009
naliakar:

Where were you taught that superior complexion means color. Boko Haram graduates never cease to amaze. Complexion can be inflected variously and here I use it to mean radiance and Omo exudes that a lot more. For your info. radiance is the sum total of many factors.

Yeah right undecided undecided. We know how it is.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by naliakar: 12:41am On Oct 30, 2009
And Omo has the quintessential African shape. God what a beauty. And above all she speaks plainly, no faking. Real original African queen. I will watch it just because she acts in it. 9ja should be proud to have Omo as her public image. God!!
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by kech(f): 1:13am On Oct 30, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

My dear. E tire me too.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by THEAMAKA(f): 1:22am On Oct 30, 2009
naliakar:

when most people talk about complextion they are talking about skin color.
in this case you were describing PHYSICAL appearance or physically beauty.
therefore we have reason to believe you were talking about her skin color.
be wise with your words. choose carefully.

as for Tonto? na wa oooooooooooooo
she cant even come close!!! stop yarning oooo.
thats why Hollywood rejected her ass. lolol
if she was so "superior" to the rest, her ass would be in Hollywood by now.
there are 15+ actresses that can pass tonto anyday, anytime.

Aloy~Emeka:

youre right
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by naliakar: 1:45am On Oct 30, 2009
You tire me ooh. I sabi Gene has real defenders here. Let me modify my utterance and if the initial diction be seen to implicate racist mien, I take it back pronto. Both actors are beautiful and capable and IJE will be a great watch because it has the alchemy of two professionals. Omo is brings a lot to it though. That is all I am saying and I hope you righteous gatekeepers to Gene's assumed unassailable status in Nollywood will let it lie.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by THEAMAKA(f): 1:47am On Oct 30, 2009
this has nothing to do with defending gene.
i was just pointing out your fault.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by naliakar: 1:53am On Oct 30, 2009
THE AMAKA:

when most people talk about complextion they are talking about skin color.
in this case you were describing PHYSICAL appearance or physically beauty.
therefore we have reason to believe you were talking about her skin color.
be wise with your words. choose carefully.

as for Tonto? na wa oooooooooooooo
she cant even come close!!! stop yarning oooo.
thats why Hollywood rejected her ass. lolol
if she was so "superior" to the rest, her ass would be in Hollywood by now.
there are 15+ actresses that can pass tonto anyday, anytime.
youre right

This order is mine and so has a bias although my judgement approximates that of a connoisseur of Nollywood. Of the ladies

1. Stella Damasus
2. Tonto
3. Omo
4. Gene & Ini
5. Patience
6. Ngozi
7.Chioma Chuk,
8. Rita
9. Stephanie
10. Kate
11. Mercy

All are good. But I choose  movies based on this hierarchy.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by SeanT21(f): 1:55am On Oct 30, 2009
Cant wait. The movie cover looks wonderful.
Re: Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) by jedisco(m): 2:19am On Oct 30, 2009
[color=][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Series Ever / Indians And Nollywood / Best TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.