Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (626835 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by usmee(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
manaja87:

Bro, which category are u?

Environmental!!!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kulgee001(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2017
danieee:

I think this message from flexisaf means the second email is the one to follow.

However, It will be good for Flexisaf to confirm.

A friend's own didn't change. I've made plans around 24th already. �
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Hello flexisafsupport,

Please is there any updated information from ptdf on the results of MSc exams? Is the list coming out same time with phd list?
some us who would be fortunate to get the scholarship will need to apply for Academic Training Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate, which takes about 20 days to process. Afterwards, we would need to apply for Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS), which may take two weeks. It's after these that we can think of processing Visa. However, some of us have start dates in first Week of September.
Please do as much as you can to help. We appreciate your support.
Kind regards,

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by clizu: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2017
PutinLavrov:

Thank you for the good work you are doing, however, my research category has been changed in my second schedule email. I will be very grateful if you could correct it Sir. I have sent you an email with my details. Thanks.

my research category changed from environmental which is correct to engineering ll. please house what do I do?

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by clizu: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,
We have resent the PTDF Ph.D. invitation emails due to issues with the number of applicants. We wish to have a smooth and wonderful exercise. So kindly check your email for more information

Sincerely,
FlexiSAF Support Team

please flexisaf, my category changed from environmental to engineering II. please how can it be corrected back to environmental?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by pika: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2017
Hello flexisaf,
Please how long is each presentation stipulated to last for
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by pika: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2017
Hello flexisaf how long will the presentation last for each candidate
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mballowa: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Prudento:
Hello flexisafsupport,

Please is there any updated information from ptdf on the results of MSc exams? Is the list coming out same time with phd list?
some us who would be fortunate to get the scholarship will need to apply for Academic Training Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate, which takes about 20 days to process. Afterwards, we would need to apply for Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS), which may take two weeks. It's after these that we can think of processing Visa. However, some of us have start dates in first Week of September.
Kind regards,
Dont be in hurry bro. Just wait to see your name first. Thats the most important thing

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by dodobytes: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Prudento:
Hello flexisafsupport,

Kind regards,

catch a fish first before setting out to clean it...

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
Prudento:
Hello flexisafsupport,

Kind regards,

my brother you are absolutely correct and have spoken the mind of many in this forum. Given that ptdf did not start this year's process on time, effort should be geared towards releasing the results before July ending because ATAS takes 20 to 30 working days from the mails send to us by us schools with the warning that the number of days increases from April to September due to traffic and no jumping of protocols. please flexisafsupport, help us convey our challenges to ptdf management. Unless they have a method of by-passing these process and secure visas for the successful ones.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
clizu:

my research category changed from environmental which is correct to engineering ll. please house what do I do?

There probably environmental experts in the engineering II panel. A good professor can tell a good research
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mballowa: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
xyzoke:

my brother you are absolutely correct and have spoken the mind of many in this forum. Given that ptdf did not start this year's process on time, effort should be geared towards releasing the results before July ending because ATAS takes 20 to 30 working days from the mails send to us by us schools with the warning that the number of days increases from April to September due to traffic and no jumping of protocols. please flexisafsupport, help us convey our challenges to ptdf management. Unless they have a method of by-passing these process and secure visas for the successful ones.
Let us all exercise patience and pray that our names come out successful. There is no reason for this rush.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
xyzoke:

But you don't need scholarship to apply for ATAS. Why not go ahead to fill out the application in hope of ptdf scholarship? Or has things changed?

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

But you don't need scholarship to apply for ATAS. Why not go ahead to fill out the application in hope of ptdf scholarship? Or has things changed?

My brother what do you think will happen to your application if after submitting your two referees and PTDF as your source of funding and they contact ptdf and the said they have not released any award for 2017/2018. Or do you think they just process your ATAS application without contacting your referees and your source of funding?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
pika:
Hello flexisaf,
Please how long is each presentation stipulated to last for

It used to be 5 mins. But you can trust Nigeria made panels. Lol. Sometimes they just cut in when they like right from your mention of your topic
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
xyzoke:

My brother what do you think will happen to your application if after submitting your two referees and PTDF as your source of funding and they contact ptdf and the said they have not released any award for 2017/2018. Or do you think they just process your ATAS application without contacting your referees and your source of funding?

I did my master in UK with ptdf in 2011. I got ATAS way before PTDF released their result. Which references are they verifying? Ain't they your lecturers. UK even the Queen knows PTDF. Don't worry, they won't be in doubt of your funding.

Maybe I should tell you the essence of ATAS. UK wants to know every candidate that is coming to study discipline that would involves the production of weapons of mass destruction. So what is most important is the course by course listing on your application. Once your course is cleared, you are good

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
Those who require ATAS Certificate should apply for it now if u want to go for September admission.

You don't need scholarship to apply for ATAS as it is free. You will need to submit your ATAS Certificate along with your documents during Visa interview.

The successful scholars name will be out after the PhD interview is sorted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Tranquil38: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello, please can any aspiring phd invitee help with any useful tip for the interview
1.Do we need to give a PowerPoint presentation
2. How many minutes does it last
3.possible questions to be asked
4.any other general tip
Thanks in advance
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobleman4l(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Tranquil38:
Hello, please can any aspiring phd invitee help with any useful tip for the interview
1.Do we need to give a PowerPoint presentation
2. How many minutes does it last
3.possible questions to be asked
4.any other general tip
Thanks in advance
Don't think so. Each candidate has like 5 mins or there about. Think about setting up PowerPoint presentation, the time you will use in setting that up maybe 3 to 5mins, then consider the number of candidates to be interviewed. Focus on ur research, mostly all the question will come from there. The interviews are very vast. Nothing to worry about just know ur research very well and just talk what u know.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Adamsfunakaye: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
No presentation. It's a Q n A session. Your research area n General Questions. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Tranquil38: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nobleman4l:

Don't think so. Each candidate has like 5 mins or there about. Think about setting up PowerPoint presentation, the time you will use in setting that up maybe 3 to 5mins, then consider the number of candidates to be interviewed. Focus on ur research, mostly all the question will come from there. The interviews are very vast. Nothing to worry about just know ur research very well and just talk what u know.

Thanks a lot, your response is very helpful
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Tranquil38: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Adamsfunakaye:
No presentation. It's a Q n A session. Your research area n General Questions. Good luck.

Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by danieee(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
kulgee001:

A friend's own didn't change. I've made plans around 24th already. �

A friend's date didn't change either, but the time and category did.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by flexisafsupport: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
INSTRUCTIONS
1) You are to come along with X copies of your PhD proposal to the venue of
the interview;
There are now 6 groups
Engineering 1 (6 copies of proposal needed)
Engineering 2 (6 copies of proposal)
Engineering 3 (5 copies of proposal needed)
Environmental & Management 1 (6 copies of proposal needed)
Environmental & Management 2 (6 copies of proposal needed)
Geosciences & Computing (10 copies of proposal needed)
2) Your proposal must not be more than 5 pages!
3) The cover of the proposal should boldly state your name and research topic
4) Ensure that your PhD proposal captures the following important information
a) Background of the study/Literature review
b) Aim(s) and objectives
c) Research methodology
d) Data analysis/Expected outcome(s)
e) Relevance of study to the oil and gas industry
f) References
5) You will have a maximum of 5 minutes to present your proposal (no
PowerPoint or visual aids) and another 5 minutes to answer questions from
the interview panel.
6) Ensure to come to the interview venue with the following:
i) Undergraduate certificate/statement of result;
ii) Master’s degree Transcript or evidence of class of master’s degree,
i.e., CGPA;
iii) A copy of your Master’s degree thesis
iv) If you are working anywhere, come along with your identification (ID)
card or in the absence of ID card, letter from your employer clearly
stating that you are one of their staff;
v) Indigenization letter (Letter identifying your state and local
government);
vi) PhD admission letter;
vii) A progress letter and/or letter of admission is/are required for
candidates that are already on the PhD programme.

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by clizu: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
flexisafsupport:
INSTRUCTIONS 1) You are to come along with X copies of your PhD proposal to the venue of the interview; There are now 6 groups Engineering 1 (6 copies of proposal needed) Engineering 2 (6 copies of proposal) Engineering 3 (5 copies of proposal needed) Environmental & Management 1 (6 copies of proposal needed) Environmental & Management 2 (6 copies of proposal needed) Geosciences & Computing (10 copies of proposal needed) 2) Your proposal must not be more than 5 pages! 3) The cover of the proposal should boldly state your name and research topic 4) Ensure that your PhD proposal captures the following important information a) Background of the study/Literature review b) Aim(s) and objectives c) Research methodology d) Data analysis/Expected outcome(s) e) Relevance of study to the oil and gas industry f) References 5) You will have a maximum of 5 minutes to present your proposal (no PowerPoint or visual aids) and another 5 minutes to answer questions from the interview panel. 6) Ensure to come to the interview venue with the following: i) Undergraduate certificate/statement of result; ii) Master’s degree Transcript or evidence of class of master’s degree, i.e., CGPA; iii) A copy of your Master’s degree thesis iv) If you are working anywhere, come along with your identification (ID) card or in the absence of ID card, letter from your employer clearly stating that you are one of their staff; v) Indigenization letter (Letter identifying your state and local government); vi) PhD admission letter; vii) A progress letter and/or letter of admission is/are required for candidates that are already on the PhD programme.
What if the candidate is not working?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Adamsfunakaye: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Then he should apply and get a job b4 coming.....

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
clizu:

What if the candidate is not working?
if condition else get a job else if both do statement. grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Rocorleone: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
When are we to get update from the MSc test?

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rocorleone:
When are we to get update from the MSc test?

Someone I know was called today about ptdf's MSc from ptdf office. He was asked whether he has admission already and what country he would like to do his master
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

Someone I know was called today about ptdf's MSc from ptdf office. He was asked whether he has admission already and what country he would like to do his master
Who else received a call
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

wow
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Madrid02: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello house

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.