Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (627986 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2017
Funny enough, a guy is already saying PTDF list will come out tomorrow based on yesterday discussion. Just saw this on NDDC thread. Let it comes out for once o:

https://www.nairaland.com/3766253/2017-nddc-foreign-msc-phd/55
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2017
He joined in 2005 or thereabout
DreManuel:

And he joined in 198Something?

My prof too graduated in the 80s. Then scholarships to attend MIT and the likes were already waiting for him upon his final exams, and yet he wasn't the top of his class. He even dey take MIT do yanga say he no wan go as many options boku for ground.

30 somethings years later, we dey here dey even beg for scholarship to attend Coventry.

In short, times have changed, mbok.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Alright
usqoh:

Your uncle got d job when Nigeria is still good. I am talking of
present situation. Oil companies are downsizing and sacking. If anything production and exploration reduce significantly, they will sack you unless you have international degree and you are competent. Many guys have been sacked with nothing to show for. If it is NNPC, DPR got you get, take the job. They won't sack you unike IOC and will even encourage you to go for PTDF.

IOC don't give a shit, at this times, they sack sporadically at any period. When there is promotion opportunity, u will be left alone.

Go for OSS in Canada, USA, AUSTRALIA and even in the UK and have good grade. People that complain go there and have Pass. No one wants a Dillard in their organisation. The non-graduate job I got in the UK was equal to the salary they pay Nigerians in IOC. With my UK MSc degree, I have got full PhD scholarship in Asia and just got a job in Kuwait but I am scared of Asia culture. I want to make informed decision so waiting for PTDF offer.

You can easily get residency in Canada and Australia and the life of your family will change significantly. I will do that after my PhD.

THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE, NOT PRESENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by peterayoola7: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2017
Please ignore my first post...

As I said earlier, this is my first post on #ReleaseTheList Campaign

God bless you...

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 11:11am On Aug 24, 2017
stanisbaratheon:
Alright
Guy, if you get good offer from any IOC, go for it. Don't allow their long sermon caged you. Perphaps, some schools do long distance program. You can enrol while working with IOC. But if you must go OSS way, avoid UK. The chance of getting a job after your program is less than 2%. It is not about a grade as being speculated. It was their policy that for any non european to get a work permit, the company would have to pay you above £30k or so on annual salary scale. This has made recruitment difficult for non EU students from getting a job. No company would want to pay non experience with such amount. Apart that, the company must first consider citizen, follow by EU, and then non EU, which you belong.
God still work wonders, you maybe lucky you fall under the categories God wants to favour. The only thing UK certificate does, it paves way for opportunities outside UK.

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by nuel1648: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2017
The list will be released when it will be released.

Please you guys should stop acting like you are foreigners. We all knew that this would happen.

I would suggest that people start making plans to differ their admissions till January or if it's not possible, next year. People should learn that the attitude to adjust to changes makes them a better person especially in this era of Changji. We will not always get what we want so we have to make do with what we've got.

While we all agree that the conditions are unacceptable, it is also unacceptable if you fail to prepare for unfavourable conditions. Use your head, plan for the future, find things you can do to accommodate this unfortunate situation.

Best of Luck.

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by modash(m): 11:51am On Aug 24, 2017
peterayoola7:
Morning All,

This is the first time am commenting here about #ReleaseTheList campaign

I have a friend whose blood-sister is in UK now under the auspices of PTDF for PhD. She travelled in January this year and since January she have not been paid a dime! PTDF gave her full sponsorship letter for a fully funded scholarship. However, they are now saying it is a Partial Scholarship... She travelled from London to Abuja this week and she was at PTDF Towers in Abuja to state her claims and you know what?

She said all PTDF Management Board and those in charge of the scholarship are not in the country as we speak. So, there is nothing like LIST BEING RELEASED until dey return.

They even told her 'hopefully' upper week, they will release the list... Can you imagine NOT EVEN NEXT WEEK o... Hopefully Upper week!... We need to make sure we get to the front page of Newspaper headlines. It is disheartening that the Senate is on break now to resume 19th September or so...

We need to do something and act fast about this... PLEASE LET US VERIFY THIS FIRST

Now who can help us verify this info...or who has links to any staff of PTDF to put a call to them to verify the authenticity of this information... Hopefully upper week ke?

Thanks and Good Morning

She was mislead
Its not true that none of them are in the country

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DXXMI: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ok
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
nuel1648:

Please you guys should stop acting like you are foreigners. We all knew that this would happen.

I would suggest that people start making plans to differ their admissions till January or if it's not possible, next year. People should learn that the attitude to adjust to changes makes them a better person especially in this era of Changji. We will not always get what we want so we have to make do with what we've got.

While we all agree that the conditions are unacceptable, it is also unacceptable if you fail to prepare for unfavourable conditions. Use your head, plan for the future, find things you can do to accommodate this unfortunate situation.

Best of Luck.

It's a pity. O ma se o...

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
guiddoti:
Guy, if you get good offer from any IOC, go for it. Don't allow their long sermon caged you. Perphaps, some schools do long distance program. You can enrol while working with IOC. But if you must go OSS way, avoid UK. The chance of getting a job after your program is less than 2%. It is not about a grade as being speculated. It was their policy that for any non european to get a work permit, the company would have to pay you above £30k or so on annual salary scale. This has made recruitment difficult for non EU students from getting a job. No company would want to pay non experience with such amount. Apart that, the company must first consider citizen, follow by EU, and then non EU, which you belong.
God still work wonders, you maybe lucky you fall under the categories God wants to favour. The only thing UK certificate does, it paves way for opportunities outside UK.

guiddoti:
you are right about UK that it paves for opportunities outside UK not in the UK. So try countries with Post study and immigration policy to be safe. Grade matters if you want to get scholarship for PhD and get a good job.

That long distance program is very expensive paying from your pocket when you have opportunity of OSS Scholarship in the best of universities in the world. PTDF won't grant you scholarship for long distance program. This is not about good or not, it depends on the individuals. Choose wisely so you won't regret any decision you take.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
nuel1648:

Best of Luck.

Are we ever going to stand up in this country?

Can I assume you'd do same if you were in their position? <----very honest question.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oluwa Ni
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
guiddoti:
Absolutely.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by peterayoola7: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
@ALL,

Please ignore my initial post...

It was a mistake... you know I said am new on the #ReleaseTheList platform..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by bigarkuwa: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
I don't honestly have any idea about the list but I'm in PTDF Towers as I am typing this.

The statement that the management is out of the country is not completely true. The Executive Secretary 'was' out of the country but came back on Tuesday. He is at the office right now holding a meeting with Nigerian Content Development Fund just after he walks past us to see the Minister of Petroleum Resources off the building.

Like I said, no idea about the list!

DXXMI:

Guy relax, don't allow anyone quench ur optimism. N let me hint u on how to recognize untrue info without wasting energy verifying. Statement with the words that connotes 100% like"all" "everyone" everybody" etc are not always true. U guys should all chill, i said i just................

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
bigarkuwa:
I don't honestly have any idea about the list but I'm in PTDF Towers as I am typing this.

The statement that the management is out of the country is not completely true. The Executive Secretary 'was' out of the country but came back on Tuesday. He is at the office right now holding a meeting with Nigerian Content Development Fund just after he walks past us to see the Minister of Petroleum Resources off the building.

Sir,

Can you help me deliver a message to the "Executive Secretary"? cheesy grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by peterayoola7: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
ATTENTION PLEASE

@DreManuel, @modash, @DXXMI, and @adakoleagbenu

Please contact me ASAP... my email is babaarup1@gmail.com

I have a very crucial info to pass across to you. It is not about PTDF o... THIS IS VERY URGENT!!!

Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
peterayoola7:
ATTENTION PLEASE

I have a very crucial info to pass across to you. It is not about PTDF o... THIS IS VERY URGENT!!!

Thanks

Sent you you mail
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
bigarkuwa:

You mean Buhari came to visit him in the office? shocked shocked grin

Well, you could have just used the opportunity to politely ask him about the list while returning to his office. wink wink

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
peterayoola7:
ATTENTION PLEASE

Thanks

Mailed you
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by nuel1648: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
NairaSand:

Are we ever going to stand up in this country?

Can I assume you'd do same if you were in their position? <----very honest question.
If you want to change things, please wait patiently until you get there.

My own idea of beneficial change is Evolution and not Revolution. Especially as we have seen what this change (the biggest political scam ever) has brought us.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Renzel: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
guys are waiting for tomorrow when d list will probably come out according to sources in d forum

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mballowa: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
usqoh:
guys are waiting for tomorrow when d list will probably come out according to sources in d forum
Everyone should arm himself well, because if the list is not released tomorrow, there will be war. The disappointed one's like usqoh and dremanuel will come here and start the war. I am ready to defend myself. Aha.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by salahudeentope: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
DXXMI:

Guy relax, don't allow anyone quench ur optimism. N let me hint u on how to recognize untrue info without wasting energy verifying. Statement with the words that connotes 100% like"all" "everyone" everybody" etc are not always true. U guys should all chill, i said i just................
Bros hope you are still maintaining the "I just......"

guys have their hearts fixed on tomorrow o
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Mballowa:

Everyone should arm himself well, because if the list is not released tomorrow, there will be war. The disappointed one's like usqoh and dremanuel will come here and start the war. I am ready to defend myself. Aha.

@Mballowa

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
I have taken 55 chill pills �. I really don't care again. e concern dem. if dem like make dem no release the list.

in summary, I wont be surprised if the list is not released.

chichi93 how body?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 1:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by manaja87: 5:55am On Aug 25, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.