Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? (24387 Views)

Get Over 50k Views On Your Page Or Product / What Are Your Views On This Pls / Homosexuality In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2009
bawomolo:

any "straight" man that was bent wasn't straight to begin with.

with all the righteous rage in cyberspace , it should be clear why bent men prefer the closet - the real world is clearly much worse. imagine being openly gay in nigeria - na soso them go dey fall into ya house everyday to deliver you from satan before you send everyone in your neighbourhood to hell tongue tongue
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by spikedcylinder: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2009
bawomolo:

any "straight" man that was bent wasn't straight to begin with.

Thank you.
The number of "see it my way or you die" people in the world is alarming.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by bawomolo(m): 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2009
yeyeruzi:

Please back your theory if you can

dude its simple, anyone confident about their sexuality can't be "bent".  You have to be at least curious (ever heard of bi curious folks?) to engage in such an act.   The average heterosexual man would be repulsed by a gay dude hitting on him. 

oyb:

with all the righteous rage in cyberspace , it should be clear why bent men prefer the closet - the real world is clearly much worse. imagine being  openly gay in nigeria - na soso them go dey fall into ya house everyday to deliver you from satan before you send everyone in your neighbourhood to hell  tongue tongue

lol i know right.   family members won't let that person rest.  We also have folks like alhaji sauron who would want them dead  grin

spikedcylinder:

Thank you.
The number of "see it my way or you die" people in the world is alarming.

I agree. if homosexuals are happy with who they are, why the urge to change or condemn them?
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2009
I agree. if homosexuals are happy with who they are, why the urge to change or condemn them?
Because bigotry to some = being godly
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by outofideas: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ok I'm a gay man who lives in nigeria, so all questions (and insults) could be directed at me. I would like to say thanks to every one who advocated for tolerance (even those who do it grudgingly). Means a lot to me and a lot of other gay people out there.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by agathamari(f): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
outofideas:

Ok I'm a gay man who lives in nigeria, so all questions (and insults) could be directed at me. I would like to say thanks to every one who advocated for tolerance (even those who do it grudgingly). Means a lot to me and a lot of other gay people out there.
dont mind these people.  unfortunatly the human race has always been paluged by the small minded who are either so brainwashed by thier own ignorence or the ignorence of others to be humane.  its sad but the ones who jump at the chance to crusify others for being sinfull and "disgusting" are useualy the ones who cry loudest when someone is less then perfect towards them.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by spikedcylinder: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2009
naijababe:

Because bigotry to some = being godly

Profound.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by manmustwac(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
what are your views on homosexuality and Is it possible that a person can be born gay why are these both very popular topics to debate on nairaland?
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by adebayo201: 6:41am On Nov 10, 2009
I didnt think pple or guyz are born to be a gay undecided they are made. They practise it. They engage themselves in such act. One of the causes is LONELINESS. If u'r lonely, bad thought, bad idea and d likes wuld fill ur heart and u wil want to execute it. You will go to the xtend of praying that PHCN shd restore the fucking light, u'l luk 4 abusive films or movie to satisfy ur thought. Friends around wuld help u wit dirty idea and together u engage urself in it. Parents wil nt b aware, brothers and sisters wil nt kno d plot u'r doin underneat. In short many things to consider. cry
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by NigeriaHat: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2009
what are your views on homosexuality? can you be friends with an open homosexual? can you have your kids,siblings and friends around them.
do you even consider it a sin to mix with this homosexuals ,africans have strong views on homosexuality but at the rate the Western world is becoming accepting of this gays ,have your views been diluted?

personally my views on Homosexuality are still the same,i still consider them to be living in sin. but i do not consider it to be a taboo to talk with them or even be friends with them. but when i have kids i'm not sure if my position will remain the same. what is yours pls share.

[color=#990000][/color] Africans have strong views or you mean to say are better at concealing their homosexuality, due to the fear of persecution. How many men do you see walking down the street in an average day walking down the street holding hands. Why dont you just follow everyone you see holding hands and cal them gay see what happens.
Being gay is not my thing and i dont think that i ever will be. that does not mean that if some guy who was my friend for years and now comes up and says he is gay , well by your logic i should kick his ass and ostracize him. By mine he is still my friend.
What if one of your kids is gay what will you do then.

live life well and let God guide you, he never makes mistakes.

papabaks (m)
Nigeria

Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality?
« #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:05 PM »

they are demons :-x

Report to moderator Logged

I will do the best i could do, to make Nigeria move Forward.What about U

dakkylove (f)
Nigeria

Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality?
« #2 on: October 29, 2009, 01:21 PM »

haba isn't that a bit extreme, they are human beings like you and I? just that they have been influenced by who knows what,

Report to moderator Logged

live life well and let God guide you, he never makes mistakes.

nedu2000

Demons r ghosts &homosexuals
« #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:37 PM »

I agree wit Papabaks,i don't think there is any other living tin dat practices homo,male dogs & female dogs,bulls & cows,cocks & hens even male & female. mosquitoes,d act of homosexuality is completely unnatural.personally,i value d life of these animals(apart 4rm d mosquitoes)2 dat of homosexuals
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by jedward: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2009
Spikedcylider get a life,ugly fat woman
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
I can't believe this topic is still raging. Na wa o
@ agatha u be patient person me I don give up since, all these fuddyduddies and their absurd beliefs no go gree for you
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
Spikedcylider get a life,ugly fat woman

And your point is ? Asan oniranu undecided
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by spikedcylinder: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2009
Oh. Yeyeruzi = Tensor?
What a waste of my bloody time! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by agathamari(f): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
naijababe:

I can't believe this topic is still raging. Na wa o
@ agatha u be patient person me I don give up since, all these fuddyduddies and their absurd beliefs no go gree for you
sometimes you have to be patient and wait till people open thier minds to other possibilities, if people gave up to these unenlightened then we would all still think the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. these ones who quote the bible forget that at one point in time christianity was considered a cult.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
The real issue here should not be tolerance for gays but exactly how they can and should seek treatment.

At one level there is psychotherapy which has been and continues to be quite effective in reorientating the patients towards normal sexual behaviour.
For this to be permanent the patient should resolve to disconnect himself from the filthy pro gay websites and magazines and instead immerse himself in the Word of God.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by agathamari(f): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2009
tensor777:

The real issue here should not be tolerance for gays but exactly how they can and should seek treatment.

At one level there is psychotherapy which has been and continues to be quite effective in reorientating the patients towards normal sexual behaviour.
For this to be permanent the patient should resolve to disconnect himself from the filthy pro gay websites and magazines and instead immerse himself in the Word of God.
please can you tell me what respected psychotherapist/psychoanayist/psychiatrist in the last say 10 years has proven that homosexuality is a mental disorder and is curable?
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2009
I really don't want to start listing those psychologists and psychiatrists who say homosexuality is curable and those who take the opposing view. That really is neither here no there, because my own belief is that each one of us has to take personal responsibility for his or her own behaviour. So I certainly don't buy this idea of the pro gay lobby that seek to potray homosexuals as victims.

I am not unaware of the fact that elements in the pro-gay lobby seek to reduce the issue of homosexuality to an abstract social question whilst at the same time downplaying the abhorrent, repulsive, nature of the act of faggotry itself.

In essence the cure must start from the gay himself when he acknowledges that what he is doing is unnatural and then has a strong desire to change. That really is the foundation upon which significant others like pschotherapists and clergymen can build upon to achieve a permanant change in their patient's sexual behaviour.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Obonbo: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2009
homos are demon infested.i will keep my kids & family away from them.influence is a very powerful thing.i ave a divine mandate to protect my family from devilish perversion.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by ccollins(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2009
Homo is wrong and as far as the bible is against it,i am also.

@agatha,are u a homo cos u pretend and act as their support.lol,many immoral things in dis end times.even sum people now support evil things and terrible decadence.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by C2H5OH(f): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2009
lmfao @ this thread lol. funny.

pro-gays and their name calling. it never stops. anyone who stands to reason with them must be labeled an intolerant bigot.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by agathamari(f): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2009
ccollins:

Homo is wrong and as far as the bible is against it,i am also.
@agatha,are u a homo cos u pretend and act as their support.lol,many immoral things in dis end times.even sum people now support evil things and terrible decadence.
no i am not a lesbian and though i dont find the statement offensive i fail to understand why if i practice the cornerstone of nearly every religion on the panet in the ideas of respect for the indevidual, free will, forgivness, peace, tolerance the idea of the golden rule/wheel of balance/three fold law/karma (sorry if i omited one) and i know they are not hurting ANYONE with thier lifestyle i dont see how ANYONE has the right to tell them to stop. fine your personal interpritation (some share it some dont) of the bible says to kill them because they dont share your beliefs but i garuntee if someone elses interpritaition of the bible says they should kill you because of the "sins" you commit (bible is agaist wearing gold, premarital sex, lying, stealing, jelocy, swearing, and hundreds of other things that im sure at least once in your life you have done a few as well all have) you would be the first to scream that they are wrong. there is no differnce. im sorry there isnt. does it not say in the bible in multiple referance that ONLY the one who is without sin should cast a stone/ people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. . . . . . . . . can you honeslty say you have never in your life commited any sin that in any interpritation of the bible states is a sin/commandment/abomination/whatever? no, no one can. not even the pope himself. you cannot sit here and preach the bible says ______. when you and the rest of the ones like you are breaking the laws in the book you hold so dear. they arnt hurting you, if you think they are going to hell then fine they will go, there actions will not send you to hell so get over it. gay people have been around since the begining of time and will be around till the end of time. medical science says it is not some obsession or some curable thing. medical science agrees that they are born with there sexual preferance as we all are. they have every right to be treated as human being the same as you. it is truely sad when a group who had teh bible turned agaist them, a group who was told teh bible condoned them being segragated, beaten and enslaved now use the same book to oppress others.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
Homessexuality is a behavioural aberration. But the good news is that those afflicted by it can be cured but only if they want to be.
This brings us to the evil influence of the pro gay lobby who insist that it is incurable therby to discourage the sick from seeking treatment.
But at the end of the day it is up to the homosexual who he chooses to listen to.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by blankaw: 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
seriously can't believe half the shit i read on this forum. let's set the record straight here:

1. gay people are people attracted to same sex. they fall in love same way as streight people do and don't differ from streight people in way their relationships are built and maintained

2. being gay is not a desease, they are born that way. the same you are born a man or a woman, white or black, you are also born gay or streight. sometimes bisexual (like both). IT IS NOT CONTAIGOUS, some people are dumn, it's like saying if you look at at michael jackson will make you turn white. comon. grow up. how ignorant can you be

3. there is no statistical evidence gay people are any more vilant or anti-social than streight people. such behaviour comes from psychological state of mind and numerous factors in persons experiance, ranging from their childhood to what they see on tv and perceive as normal.

4. thinking a gay man will want to rape you suggest to me you may be a homofoob. in many cases people who are extremely anti-gay actually have experienced being attracted to same sex person. it scared the shit out of them, for he fears what he does not now. that again has resulted in fear and hate towards peope who represent that particular feelings: openly gay people. on other hand you could be complitely messed up and paranoid. either way, check yourself.

5. for all religious preachers outhere. god made all things on earth, didn't he? and gey people were born that way = god made them. if you say ther are wrong you basically telling god he did bad. that you know can't be right. god preaches love and acceptance, you shall not judge. preach what you all say and spread the love towards all things on this plante.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by mccloud224(m): 3:40am On Nov 20, 2009
I've been offline for a while and i can't believe this thread is still on.Nna na wa ooo! ! !
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
Nobody is born a sexual pervert. You are born either male or female. It is a simple as that. People can become peverted due to what they see, hear or meditate about. Also it is known worldwide that male victims of sex abuse can turn to sexual abusers themselves.

Furthermore it is complete nonsense to talk about sexual attraction between people of the same gender since biologicaly speaking same-gender sex is impossible.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by blankaw: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
tensor777 i don't know you, don't know your background, but you out to understand how stupid your comment sound! yes, children tend to take on moral values from their parents and do what is considered normal in their family. in broad sense. so if your family values are about respect to others, love and care, chances are you will grow up looking for relationship where you can cultivate those values. it has nothing to do with your physical and emotional attraction (although freud disagrees saying you will marry your 'parent', anyway, it's a whole different discussion).

based on your remarks, i can see your values are not in respect or understanding. you condemn what you don't know. do some reading son. knowledge is the light. go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual. dude, ANIMALS DO IT!!!

being gay is not a contagious thing. yes, you are born with gender but what about people who are born with both reproductive organs are you going to accuse them of being immoral just because you don't understand it? homosexuality is simply an attraction. attraction to a person of same sex, not just for the sex, for their personality. if you are born a boy and you like other boys, bless you, go out and find yourself a man and be happy together.

tensor777, you should live and let live. maybe you are the one from abused family full of hate and trying to express that hate towards people you don't understand. go read on about it, maybe you will understand, there is no difference between any gay person and you. we are all human.

stop being ignorant, it's dumb remarks like yours that keep stupidity alive.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by yeyeruzi: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2009
@blanka-w

I don't know where you've been while I was online and I don't think you read earlier posts well. You are calling people dummies but did not know that mental and other disorders are also referred as diseases as well. You don't express much intelligence either.

How do you tell gay/lesbian babies from a straight ones if you say gays are born that way? Wikipedia did not even provide answers to that. Give us your source ; I dare you to! grin

I pity you - believing almost everything you see and read on TV , wikis and other media without asking simple but wise questions may be because it makes you feel good. sad
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by hummy: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2010
Homosexuals as far as i'm concern as a christian, it is demonic. Take for example, a person dat is possessed by d spirit of snake behaves like a snake.

Whoever says it is inborn is a gay, cos a man dat behaves fully as a man, starts behaving like a woman as soon as he has been initiated by fucking his ass hole
check around u and u will know what i'm saying

Dis people are demon infested dats all.

Another thing is dat d male gays are mostly ritualist, they use this acts as rituals, the people being used will never get themselves unless they are delivered.

If u are a victim, try and seek for deliverance

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Danfo Driver Smashes Head Of 5-Year-Old Girl In Lagos. Graphic Photos / High Speeding Car Fall In A Culvert, Luckily No Life Was Lost. / What Have You Lost Interest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.