Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing (5013 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2009
Cant Ribadu just shut up?

His EFCC couldnt do anything to Anenih, Bode George and OBJ yet he comes here yapping poppycocks
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by mikeoscar: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu again? He never followed due process when he was EFCC boss.

I actually thought it was Yar'adua's administration that re-invented that word "due froses". I hadly heard such buzz word in Obj's administration that Ribadu worked for. cheesy grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu shut up.but u investigated bode george what was d out come
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by koolchicco: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
mike oscar:

I actually thought it was Yar'adua's administration that re-invented that word "due froses". I hadly heard such buzz word in Obj's administration that Ribadu worked for. cheesy grin

Ol Boi, dat accent na waooo! grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by blackboy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2009
Y is it some people don't complain he didn't do anything to Tinubu etc? Always mentioning OBJ etc, let's be sincere. It's all good. EFCC tried under Ribadu. No one is perfect but he set the ball in motion and let the country know truly how corrupt our leaders were and how they were milking the country dry. No more speculations but it was out in the open through the EFCC since our journalist were no longer exposing such things. Ribadu is no saint ( who is ? ) but he should be credited for making corrupt leaders to be exposed . Ribadu has served his country well !! Sure he could have done better so could Great leaders have done better. No ones best is ever the best. That's y records are broken
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by back2back(f): 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2009
another CRAP from Ribadu!

he said Bode was not guilty and less than 2years after, same Bode is now in Prison.

Shame on you, Ribadu.

Next should be that Benin man call Annenih!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by semid4lyfe(m): 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu isn't worth listening to. Make the guy go sleep jare
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 12:01am On Oct 30, 2009
Ribadu cares about nothing but himself (his selfish ambition). Power hungry fool!

The dude has no shame.
His EFCC couldn't complete a single case. His EFCC rushed to Dubai to yank Alam out of his sick bed only to release him in less than a week.
His EFCC saw nothing wrong with Bode George, Chris Uba, Adedibu, Iyabo Obasanjo, Gbenga Obasanjo, Segun Obasanjo, Fani Kayode, Aborishade, Nigerian Banking sector, Christopher Akala and many others.
He went out of his way to protect these common thieves during his time.

If I ever come across Ribadu (either in London, Yankee, Dubai, Liberia or Nigeria) I will slap the shit out of his dull brain.

The fool needs to be castrated for being brave enough to comment on Bode George's case.
If you give me just 5 minutes with this fool, I will fck him up with my hands.

Shakurari!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 30, 2009
Hmmmm
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by kosovo(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2009
all we can in Nigeria is nothing but HOPE . . .

we must also know that Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by sayso: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2009
he wants sympathy from Nigerians,let him come home and face his unfinished business with the law.Ribadu you are no saint
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by marorara: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2009
why bode george?

what he did is absolutely wrong

but is he the only one, those northerners are theieves
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Quietrager: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2009
FACTS

1. LASTMA official takes N25,000 BRIBE and gets SENTENCED to 4 YEARS IN PRISON!! Nice ehn!?!

2. BODE GEORGE - MR. CHAIRMAN BOARDMEMBER steals N87BILLION and gets SENTENCED to 2 YEARS IN PRISON!!-!! NOT 20 - NO!! NOT 200 - NO!! 2 AS IN T W O !!

3. Anti-corruption Czar and Nigerian Journalists and Nigerian Citizens (I nefa forget say me sef dey amongst OOOO!! - after all I am a citizen who has never been disenfranchised for one minute for that matter) praise the Judge!!!

4. Same Judge - ENJOY FACTS ABOUT Judgei:-VANGUARD

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/28/the-judge-who-jailed-george/comment-page-1/#comment-81647

A), he was not known as a fearless legal practitioner, fearless and courageous judge,

B), “he is an upright person, straight-forward, strong-willed and inincorruptiblean”, ”one of the most trusted radical student activists during his days at Ife”, 

C), adjudicated is the EFCC versus Emmanuel Nwude and others including Mrs. Anajemba on the famous fraud on the Brazilian bank, defrauded to the tune of $264 million. He found them guilty of the offences. Apart from sending them to jail, he ordered the forfeiture of their properties acquired illegally from the proceeds of  the advance fee fraud,

D), also convicted the Pastor of the Christ Praying Assembly (CPA), Reverend Emeka Ezeugo, a.k.a. Rev King, for murder, sentenced him to death by hanging,

E), adjudicated on the case of  attempted murder of Mr. Alex Ibru filed against Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and others. Though, he was unable to conclude the case, since one of the accused persons, retired Lieutenant-General Ishaya Bamaiyi, a former Chief of Army Staff  (COAS), opted for a separate trial before him. Bamaiyi was eventually freed on technical grounds and for the failure of the state to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt,  - (dispassionate aside - if I was Cecilia Ibru I would never agree for this man to be my trial judge - NOT THAT I SUPPORT CECILIA OOOO! - just an objective aside if you catch my drift),

F), Oyewole also jailed an Ojota, Lagos-based Islamic cleric, Alfa Rasheed Yusuf and three of his accomplices —Morufu Olaleye, Musa Yusuf and Rafiu Ojesanmi. They were sentenced to 120 years imprisonment each on 12-count charge bordering on conspiracy and obtaining money under false pretence.

G), He sentenced them to 10 years imprisonment on each count and ordered them to pay $138,495, 200 pounds and N2.714 million as restitution to the victim, one Mrs. Aderanti Kayode,

SO:-

A) WHY 2 (T W O) YEARS?!?! for a crook that stole N87Billion from an outstanding Judge?!? Given the initial set of facts about the LASTMA Ofiicial etc - where is the Justice in the T W O year sentence that we should be happy about?? Pray Tell ME!!! (because Yes although he - Oyewole - failed in this case he seems to have passed other tests). We should divide N87Billion by N25,000 and multiple the result to get the number of years OLEBODE GEORGE deserves!!

That is N87Billion-:- N25,000 = 3,480,000.

Now we multiply this by 4.

So 4 X 3,480,000 = 13,920,000 years. That is number of years OLEBODE should be sentenced to prison for, going by the LASTMA issue should be 13,920,000 years!!!

B) What's all the thank GODs and soft sentimental journalism about?!? Do journalist even realize their position in this thing we call democracy?!? I think not. Journalist are suppose to be, "CALLING IT OUT - AS IT IS!!!". That is all that is asked of them and that is all they are suppose to have signed up for!! - to, "CALL IT OUT AS IT IS!!!" Not useless journalism!! - PLEASE!!

C) I'd be disappointed in the sentence if I was Nuhu - after all the effort, the MOFO gets just T W O YEARS (2) - GOD knows I'd be disappointed!!! And if only for that reason, I would be QUIET,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Juniordav: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2009
Ribadu is a man! Our society can only be corrupt free wit men of good charater. Bode George has nevered had good plans 4 9ija, reasons was dat he was d agent of 3rd term campain. I have nevered seen him articulate good issues on 9ija. He's good at destructions and not creating good moral 4 people 2 emulate.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Goddex: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
blackboy:

Y is it some people don't complain he didn't do anything to Tinubu etc? Always mentioning OBJ etc, let's be sincere. It's all good. EFCC tried under Ribadu. No one is perfect but he set the ball in motion and let the country know truly how corrupt our leaders were and how they were milking the country dry. No more speculations but it was out in the open through the EFCC since our journalist were no longer exposing such things. Ribadu is no saint ( who is ? ) but he should be credited for making corrupt leaders to be exposed . Ribadu has served his country well !! Sure he could have done better so could Great leaders have done better. No ones best is ever the best. That's y records are broken

We forget too soon in this country my brother. Our politicians milked this country with impunity until Ribadu entered the scene. He could not go after everybody at once anyway but the consciousness we have today about corruption or EFCC we owe it to him.
Besides, is the woman in charge now doing any better? EFCC and the fight against corruption is dying gradually. I learnt she was almost stoned in New York last week.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2009
i haven't heard a single credit for the new efcc chairman yet. instead, we are here as usual wasting our time giving attention to mr attention seeker (ribadu).
this lady has done something ribadu did not or couldn't do. and i think she deserves an acknowledgement for this great accomplishment.
bode george was professionally arrested, he was given bail, his trail date was set, he showed up for his trial, he presented his case, he was convicted and now he's wearing his orange prison attire.

during this process, we did not hear that efcc used machine guns to arrest anybody, we did not see efcc boss on the tv every second during the trial, nobody fell off from the back of a pickup truck, nobody tried to be a super hero;
every unit just handled their position like bunch of professionals.
if things are done like this in nigeria and mr super hero is kind enough to just hide his face, may be the rest of these corrupt officials would join bode george some day.
as promised before, i do not want to rubbish this man, but please let us all ask dr. ribadu with utmost respect to stay away and allow nigerians to continue to fight this war to the best of their abilities.
i am sure that we'll get it right sooner or later, but we must not allow the interuption of hypocrite, who finds it very difficult to obey the same laws he embraced or promoted not too long ago.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by debosky(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2009
cre8tivity:

if things are done like this in nigeria and mr super hero is kind enough to[b] just hide his face[/b], may be the rest of these corrupt officials would join bode george some day.

It must be the height of incredible stupidity and abject mendacity to suggest that Ribadu's commentary has prevented corrupt officials from being prosecuted. Your inability to hide your latent hatred of Ribadu shows itself again - you blame his WORDS for the ineffectual EFCC and it's inability to do ANYTHING about corruption in the land?

Now who gathered the EVIDENCE on George? Was it the current EFCC chairman? Who started the journey? In your haste to rubbish Ribadu you casually ignore the fact that all this started long before Farida's time, not that I expected better from you.

as promised before, i do not want to rubbish this man, but please let us all ask dr. ribadu with utmost respect to stay away and allow nigerians to continue to fight this war to the best of their abilities.

More rubbish from you - first of all, neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell Ribadu to 'stay away' - he is as NIGERIAN as anyone else and has the full and inalienable right to comment as he deems fit, especially with regard to a group of individuals determined to ruin all the good work he started.

i am sure that we'll get it right sooner or later, but we must not allow the interuption of hypocrite, who finds it very difficult to obey the same laws he embraced or promoted not too long ago.
More falsehood - Is Ribadu not being defended in his court case? Must he be physically present for the case to proceed? What law has he disobeyed? You are as mendacious as the corrupt politicians you are fronting for and only a blind man would fail to see the lie in your claim to 'not rubbish the man' but make insidious and false accusations against him.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by debosky(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
To the people who claim Ribadu called Bode George a saint, kindly produce the evidence.

As far as I remember, Ribadu was the one in charge for the investigation and indictment from 2005, NOT anyone else.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2009
Is Ribadu not being defended in his court case? Must he be physically present for the case to proceed?
first, hello ribadu worshipper. how is ur wk so far? i hope everything is well with u.

i thought by now most of these worshippers would have realized their stupidity, but i guess, i was wrong. they must be waiting for something else.
fyi: ribadu has failed to show up at the court of law (at least 5 times, all within 18 months). do you know what happened to people that failed to acknowledge ribadu's invitations?
ribadu left the country without the consent of the fed govt. is this how things are done?
ribadu continues to show us in every way that he's bigger than nigeria. is this what we want in this country?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by debosky(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
cre8tivity:

first, hello ribadu worshipper. how is your wk so far? i hope everything is well with u.

i thought by now most of these worshippers would have realized their stupidity, but i guess, i was wrong. they must be waiting for something else.
fyi: ribadu has failed to show up at the court of law (at least 5 times, all within 18 months). do you know what happened to people that failed to acknowledge ribadu's invitations?

Evidence please - is the trial proceeding or not? Must Ribadu be in court before the case proceeds? In any case, Ribadu has claimed his life is under threat and has every right to self preservation.

ribadu left the country without the consent of the fed govt. is this how things are done?
ribadu continues to show us in every way that he's bigger than nigeria. is this what we want in this country?
More rubbish - when did a free citizen need the 'consent' of the federal government to leave his country? Who examined his passport at Customs before he left the country? Isn't the Customs agency an arm of the federal government so again, who gave 'consent' to his travels?

Your resort to lies and ridiculous tales is not surprising.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2009
debosky darlin:
what do you think about the situation with former chief executive officer of intercontinental bank, dr. erastus akingbola?
fyi: akingbola flees to uk, he refuses to show up in court, he's very scared for his life, he feels that his enemies want him dead, he's also planning to continue his education at the oxford university.
is this what we want in this country?
how long can we allow this to go on?
@debosky: what do you think about this guy (akingbola)?
why do you think this guy thinks he can get away with his crime if he uses this strategy well?
do you see anything in common when we mention ribadu's name?
how many more do you think would use the same game or tactic ribadu is currently using to hide from the law?

this is why nigerians (who truly love and respect this country) must make sure ribadu has his day in the court of law just like any other nigerian.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2009
when did a free citizen need the 'consent' of the federal government to leave his country?
debosky, what kind of post was that? are u ok?

as a top federal government official, if you're being investigated by the fed govt for anything, the first step is to surrender your international passport. but ribadu has refused to show up in court because he clearly knows how these things work.

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Maxidoe(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2009
cre8tivity:

first, hello ribadu worshipper. how is your wk so far? i hope everything is well with u.

Point of correction nobody is worshiping Ribadu,if from you own understanding supporting an individual's action is worshiping fine, and if it also means stupidity to you then i can rightly say from your assertion everybody is stupid.Ribadu worked under difficult and political circumstances,he did what no Nigerian living or dead has ever done,he is human and definitely not perfect.Just name one Nigerian either living or dead that has fought corruption with determination and zeal like Ribadu,Name one innocent person Ribadu has prosecuted.Before Ribadu was frustrated out of this country how many ex Governors where on trial?and when last did you here of an ex Governor in court.Bode George's case was almost completed before Farida came in,we all no Ribadu is never stronger than OBj,he did not have the needed independence to carry out his function.What costed him his job?His bravery to arrest and prosecute the King of Thieves James Ibori,and you and i know that the strongest political figure in this present admin is Ibori,if you must know it was cos or Ridadu Iyabo Obasanjo had no scale fence when she was indicted in the Austrian firm contract saga.Pls can you still kindly answer the questions above if u dont mind, we are interacting not insulting,pls no hard feelings.Less i forget you said he should come and face justice,which is laughable are u in Nigeria?Do you know Ibori selects judges to oversee cases,is there justice in Nigeria?u want him to come and face a cabal that has no shame and integrity,a cabal that wants to pull him down no matter what it costs,the same people who should be in jail,if it where you would you come?

For those of you saying Ribadu pronounced Bode free, i put it to you it is a white and cheap lie, if not give us prove.Like it or not accept it or leave it no leaving or dead Nigerian has fought corruption like Ribadu and it would take time to get another Nigerian like him,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
oh boy, here comes another worshipper.
bode george was one of the people ribadu protected.
bode george stole our money and abused his position not during Shagari's regime, but during Obasojo's regime, under ribadu's watch.
mr. super hero spent 98% of his time chasing around his boss's #1 enemy (atiku).

and please let us all cut the bull shit, bode george was a notorious corrupt govt official during ribadu's time as the chairman of efcc, but mr super hero didn't have the ball to call him out.
fyi: obasojo had 4 best friends, bode george was one of them.

please stop posting if you know nothing about what really went down.

and please note that i do not dislike ribadu, i just happen to love nigeria (my country) a little bit more than a common cocky hypocrite.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Maxidoe(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2009
cre8tivity:

oh boy, here comes another worshipper.
bode george was one of the people ribadu protected.
bode george stole our money and abused his position not during Shagari's regime, but during Obasojo's regime, under ribadu's watch.
mr. super hero spent 98% of his time chasing around his boss's #1 enemy (atiku).

and please let us all cut the bull shit, bode george was a notorious corrupt govt official during ribadu's time as the chairman of efcc, but mr super hero didn't have the ball to call him out.
fyi: obasojo had 4 best friends, bode george was one of them.

please stop posting if you know nothing about what really went down.

and please note that i do not dislike ribadu, i just happen to love nigeria (my country) a little bit more than a common cocky hypocrite.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You love your country my foot.no matter how much you try to hide your hate and disdain for Ribadu,you cant help but show it,i asked you few questions yet you cant answer one,yet u try to glorify yourself and show ur none existing love for our beloved country.Most of you hate Ribadu cos of the part of the country he is from.Pls name one person either dead or living in Nigeria that has fought corruption like Ribadu?name an ex Governor that is been prosecuted since Ribadu left?You choose to ignore this few facts just to exhibit ur ignorance.Once again if you worship human beings i dont,try a little bit even if its not part of you to be respectful to pple, it dosent make u a coward just shows ur level of maturity
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by keba(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2009
WOW!!!! I should get the Bleep out of here fast before the missiles get launched,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2009
@maxidoe
and you wonder why you were called a worshipper.
is it necessary to raise your blood pressure over a simple discussion? is it necessary to call each other names? is it legal to agree and disagree?
may be you should check the level of your maturity
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by wunmilyn(f): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nonsense!!!!!
as far as am concern they are all birds of dsame feathers.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2009
debosky darlin:
what do you think about the situation with former chief executive officer of intercontinental bank, dr. erastus akingbola?
fyi: akingbola flees to uk, he refuses to show up in court, he's very scared for his life, he feels that his enemies want him dead, he's also planning to continue his education at the oxford university.
is this what we want in this country?
how long can we allow this to go on?
@debosky: what do you think about this guy (akingbola)?
why do you think this guy thinks he can get away with his crime if he uses this strategy well?
do you see anything in common when we mention ribadu's name?
how many more do you think would use the same game or tactic ribadu is currently using to hide from the law?

this is why nigerians (who truly love and respect this country) must make sure ribadu has his day in the court of law just like any other nigerian

If I ever come across Ribadu at anytime at anywhere, he'll be getting a dirty slap from me and you guys will hear about it. Mark it down.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nonsense!!!!!
as far as am concern they are all birds of dsame feathers
I agree.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by debosky(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2009
cre8tivity:

debosky, what kind of post was that? are u ok?

[b]as a top federal government officia[/b]l, if you're being investigated by the fed govt for anything, the first step is to surrender your international passport. but ribadu has refused to show up in court because he clearly knows how these things work.

Correction - he had been SACKED by the FG so he was no longer a 'top government official'. Secondly, where is it stated in the LAW (and not your imagination) that you must surrender your international passport? Or is this another case of your ridiculous and baseless statements?

Only a court of law can prevent him from leaving the country and no court has done so in his presence or absence so come up with another fraudulent claim for me to destroy.

Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos / Tinubu Declines PMB Invitation To Escort Him To The US. / Ghana Sends Begging Team To Nigeria Against Friday-channels Tv

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76