Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing (5014 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cre8tivity(f): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2009
ok, now you sound like we are finally getting there.

Only a court of law can prevent him from leaving the country and no court has done so in his presence or absence so come up with another fraudulent claim for me to destroy.
this is exactly my point: only the court of law can prevent him from leaving the country. in fact, ribadu clearly knows this and this is one of his main reasons why he refuses to show up in court. he knows the rules, he knows the process; he had also used the process on others in the past.
ask any lawyer what is usually the first step of the court of law, if you are being investigated or any charges is brought against you (as a former or current top government official) .
your passport is always the first thing to be surrendered.
i'm still waiting to hear from you regarding akingbola's situation. i wonder if you see any thing in common? i also wonder if you realize why ribadu should be stopped quickly.
we will get somewhere as soon as we all realize that ribadu will come and go, but nigeria will stay here for ever. we must not encourage stupidity from anyone regardless of anything.
embracing ribadu's shenanigans is the height of encouragement of stupidity and degration of the sovereignty of this nation.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by olinco: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
why r ppl cruxifying Ribadu? who among us in d forum has d gut as exemplified by Ribadu? does anyone think its easy fighting crime in dis corruption-riddden country? personally i never believe he ever acted d script of OBJ. he who owns the piper, they say, dictates d tunes. wen OBJ discarded d ist report on Bode George by giving us flimpsy excuse during RIBADU'S era, wat do u expect Ribadu to do? n if anyone says Ribadu was doing mere witchhunting, d question i would ask dem is DIDNT dos convicted guilty of dia crimes or not. the same critism is now trailing Lamido Sanusi of CBN as some claim that the man is not only being selective but playing a NORTHERN AGENDA. even GANI FAWEHINMI, how many of us here voted for him when he contested for presidency? naija, noting wey we no dey condemn.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2009
Ok, I'm not sure if I completely understand your post, but I'll try to answer you.

Ribadu had the best security around him, he had access to money, and he was given unlimited power. Now what else was left?
Given all the things Ribadu had to himself during his time, I honestly do not see any big deal in getting the job done correctly and I do not think he's special at all. Even a blind man could have handled the position much better with all that power.

People like late GANI FAWEHINMI and late KEN SARO-WIWA did not have access to anything but fought like troopers. They did not care about nothing, all they wanted was justice and the rebirth of this nation.

On the other hand, Mr. Ribadu was power hungry, was selfish, was stupid, was corrupt, was very unprofessional and clearly unorganized.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Stevogue(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2009
Whether it was swung by Ribadu or Farida, what is important is that an elite thief, for once, is paying for his crimes. And the neon light says, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 4:06am On Nov 02, 2009
Ribadu should be castrated for having any reaction toward Bode George's sentencing, he should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Maxidoe(m): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2009
olinco:

why r ppl cruxifying Ribadu? who among us in d forum has d gut as exemplified by Ribadu? does anyone think its easy fighting crime in dis corruption-riddden country? personally i never believe he ever acted d script of OBJ. he who owns the piper, they say, dictates d tunes. wen OBJ discarded d ist report on Bode George by giving us flimpsy excuse during RIBADU'S era, wat do u expect Ribadu to do? n if anyone says Ribadu was doing mere witchhunting, d question i would ask dem is DIDNT dos convicted guilty of dia crimes or not. the same critism is now trailing Lamido Sanusi of CBN as some claim that the man is not only being selective but playing a NORTHERN AGENDA. even GANI FAWEHINMI, how many of us here voted for him when he contested for presidency? naija, noting wey we no dey condemn.

What else can i say?Spot on,this is the most intelligent post in this thread, please tell them oh
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by bibiking1(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2009
We are dreaming in circles, from nightmares to wet dreams yet we refuse to awake! I have found out that most of us still fail to see the wood for the trees and not until then we shall forever remain asleep. A corrupt cop condemning a gangland mafia boss?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
A corrupt cop condemning a gangland mafia boss?

What else can i say?Spot on,this is the most intelligent post in this thread, please tell them oh
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
Ribadu doesn't deserve any credit

http://www.tribune.com.ng/02112009/news/news8.html
The former anti-graft boss was reported to have said Chief George’s conviction, along with four others, was the result of the efforts of the EFCC under his leadership.

But the ANPP has rejected that assertion, saying, in a statement signed by its national publicity secretary, Mr. Emma Eneukwu and made available to the media in Abuja, on Sunday, that Mallam Ribadu could not take the glory of the legal victory that he did everything to scuttle, as EFCC boss.

The statement posited that the same case demonstrated the double standards applied by the former EFCC boss in the fight against corruption, as he allegedly operated according to the whims and caprices of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and “protected government’s friends while hounding its perceived enemies.”

The ANPP wondered whether Mallam Ribadu had forgotten so soon, that after his investigation indicted George, he was made a member of a presidential administrative panel that returned a verdict of innocence on the former NPA boss.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by kosovo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2009
We have lost men with Great Integrity. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Records One Month Rain In One Day, Says Expert / Pack And Dump Drainage Clearance: Navy Town Road / Hilarious Reply From Efcc Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.