Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties (18718 Views)

38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties / A Glance At Nigerian Traffic Rules And Offences / FRSC's Offences & Penalties List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2016
braine:
Only once has a driver ever stopped for me to use the Zebra crossing and I'm sure that person must have lived in a sane country before.

Lagos drivers no send anybody.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Aliyullahi(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2016
frerari:
Oh well no death penalty so we are good
I think for someone who kill an individual on the zebra crossing without enough reasons like brake failure when the car is tested has a death penalty around his or her nect
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by tunesoft(m): 7:18am On Nov 05, 2016
Na to sharp up ooo......shine your eye. Drive safely and try to abide by all rules...however, just incase....always have a ready made reply incase....for instance, make dem one nab me for taking gala while driving....(Oga I get ulcer...u wan make I die.......?) wrong u turn....my wife wan born for hospital.....lol
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by femi4: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2016
I only stop for Zebras....if you are not one, sorry is your case
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by khadaffi(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2016
dhardline:
It's good that there are fines for offenses but the only problem I have with this is why would the

fine for an offence in a state be higher than the minimum wage?

So someone who's probably driving his late dad's car while doing a minimum wage job can't

drive in Lagos and buy a bag of rice in the same month embarassed.

How many people are educated enough to know this is an anomaly? I remembered I asked this same question from an Edo state honorable member and he couldn't even give a sane answer.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by frugal(m): 7:46am On Nov 05, 2016
braine:
Only once has a driver ever stopped for me to use the Zebra crossing and I'm sure that person must have lived in a sane country before.

That was probably me grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by khadaffi(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2016
OkoYibo:
One morning at Alausa Ikeja, I and some others wanted to cross the road at the Zebra Crossing when all vehicles stoopped except one bus. In his hurry, he nearly knocked the lady beside me down. When he stopped at the traffic light ahead, I went to challenge him and his response was "are you a Zebra?".

Had to report him to some Lastma guys there who quickly did the needful.

grin grin lol. That driver is an idiot. But in a way he's correct. If it had been a zebra that was crossing, he would have stopped grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Hooola(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2016
Just wondered y dis much?.traffic offenses should never be dis much.ki lo de?
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by lonelydora: 7:54am On Nov 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
When you leave your house, Hold 20k for lagos state gov just in case. What about parking without turning on hazard lights?

This one na choppings for Policemen and Wike boys in Port Harcourt.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by lonelydora: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2016
braine:

They see zebra crossings as 'Tom Tom' advert.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2016
dhardline:
It's good that there are fines for offenses but the only problem I have with this is why would the

So someone who's probably driving his late dad's car while doing a minimum wage job can't

That's NIGERIA and their educated fools for law makers for you.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2016
OkoYibo:
One morning at Alausa Ikeja, I and some others wanted to cross the road at the Zebra Crossing when all vehicles stoopped except one bus. In his hurry, he nearly knocked the lady beside me down. When he stopped at the traffic light ahead, I went to challenge him and his response was "are you a Zebra?".

Men you got me rotfl.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by vislabraye(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2016
dhardline:

They want people to commit suicide. To me, this is heartless. Because of this I will join military.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by maxwell767(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2016
Gasout:
tous Il fois for Lagos
grin
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Odunharry(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2016
braine:

Lagos driver go nearly hit you come tell you whether you no dey see road or curse you on top
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by swtdrms(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2016
dhardline:

Guy why ds thin come dey pain u like ds? I no blame u jare, u don calculate how u wan carry ur dad car go show for babes but d fear of penalty is resetting ur brain to factory settings.

If u re Yoruba pls no reply cuz I no get skills for insults but if u re oda tribe, reply make look into d issue togeda
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 05, 2016
lol @ subsequent offenders!!! Is it not a government that keeps records and has a database that can know who has offended before? Jokers!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Suerexxy: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2016
So help you na peeps like VIO you jam for road and one of your papers no complete or you claim say u forget am for house...na twice your minimum wage you go pay sef.
Or d precious FRSC wey go check your tyre if e don expire..
These fines are good..they help us stay in check.
Driving without seatbelt has a fine too..
Eko o ni baje ooooo
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by citizenjuwon(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2016
This rules does not apply to Danfo drivers.

1 Like

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by july66: 8:56am On Nov 05, 2016
INTROVERT:
grin
This is crazy. They are the once making the naira worthless. All these in the name of generating revenue. I am sure they will not have enough space to park impounded vehicles. The levies are to high for ordinary citizens. Maybe they want to reduce the number of cars on Lagos roads. Fela calls this authority stealing. If the road is clear I will rather escape. Moreover if not for road safety I ll rather use a jalopy which I will just leave with them rather than pay the fine. I hate insult on this platform but permit me to say this people are stupid people.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by LEXYCOM: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2016
For all the offences listed, I can bribe the official with just 1,500 and go free
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by dhardline(m): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2016
swtdrms:

Guy why ds thin come dey pain u like ds? I no blame u jare, u don calculate how u wan carry ur dad car go show for babes but d fear of penalty is resetting ur brain to factory settings.

If u re Yoruba pls no reply cuz I no get skills for insults but if u re oda tribe, reply make look into d issue togeda

Lol.. Bros them no send the masses for this country abeg.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by heem(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
These are some of the driving offences in Lagos and their penalties. Some of laws are over-implemented while some are under-implemented. What ever the case may be, it is good to be aware of the following laws:

1) Failure to stop for pedestrians at Zebra crossing: The fine is N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders. Your vehicle will also be impounded.
2) Driving on BRT lane: N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders. Alternatively, the driver may be sentenced to 3 years imprisonment or both.
3) Exceeding prescribed speed limit: N100,000 fine or 1 year imprisonment or both fine and imprisonment.
4) Wrongful overtaking: N100,000 fine.
5) Illegal U-turns: N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders. Driver most also undergo a mandatory training before he/she can drive again.
6) Bullion van driving in a wrong direction: Forfeiture of vehicle and 3 years imprisonment.
7) Making phone calls while driving: N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders.
cool Motorist resisting arrest: N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders.
9) Disobeying traffic control personnel: N20,000 for first time offenders and N30,000 for subsequent offenders. Your vehicle may also be impounded.
10) Learner driver without an accompanied licensed driver: The driver will be dislodged. He/She will also pay a fine of N20,000 for first time offence and N30,000 for subsequent offences.

Do you stop for pedestrians at Zebra crossings, why or why not?

https://autojosh.com/10-driving-offences-lagos-penalties/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
I once stopped for some pedestrians at zebra crossing in Lagos State. You needed to hear the curses the danfo drivers hauled at me. The conductor even threw a pebble at me. I was just confused.

1 Like

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Emassive(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2016
Someone has to charge the state to court over this frivolous law in Lagos. This fines shouldn't exceed 3000ngn to 5000ngn due to the minimum salary wage per month in the state and Country.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by matiandu(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2016
Zebra crossing ke! You mean pedestrians don de become zebra. I fear ooo
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Pronmix(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2016
dhardline:

You know everything on that list is avoidable, if you know the rules why don't you just obey them and "buy bag of rice with minimum wage". Not everything you complain for.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Pronmix(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2016
vodutive:
lol @ subsequent offenders!!! Is it not a government that keeps records and has a database that can know who has offended before? Jokers!!!
Trust me they have records.

1 Like

Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by Saule: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2016
Na naija we dey wooo, una wan do copy copy ba.
Abi Lagos state don turn to Dubai?
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by rhektor(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2016
diportivo:
6) Bullion van driving in a wrong direction: Forfeiture of vehicle and 3 years imprisonment.

grin grin grin grin grin

Who is fooling who

undecided

And what will happen to the money it carries?
Just asking grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by dhardline(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2016
Pronmix:
You know everything on that list is avoidable, if you know the rules why don't you just obey them and "buy bag of rice with minimum wage". Not everything you complain for.

OK sir.
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by barresi(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2016
OkoYibo:

lmao
Re: 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties by iamkingzlee(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2016
seunoni34:

Na because say you dey follow them argue. Don't claim rights, just humble yourself and smile. They'll cooperate with you.
Oya na! Thanks boss cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid / Bad Roads Made Sales At Nigeria's Largest Auto Market To Drop By 92% (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.