Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters (15163 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Recruiters Always Late? / A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by chalsixtus(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2016
eezeribe:
Wailing op, you can as well change the system by creating jobs and recruiting people in the best way you feel...

The recruiter has the right to recruit you any how he likes...

It's not your father that built the company..

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Sent4rina: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2016
eezeribe:
Wailing op, you can as well change the system by creating jobs and recruiting people in the best way you feel...

God bless you my brother. I have come to realise that there is no white collar job anywhere.
We need to creat our enabling jobs no matter how small it is.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Trapnews: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2016
eezeribe:

undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by pragmatistm(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Chai. Just so typical of the wicked and crazy recruiters. That's how depraved the Nigerian system has become. So pitiable.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Karleb(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2016
Bros, go and learn a trade.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by francotunsco: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2016
Xxpress:
All what the OP said can be directed at job center in V.I.
Which one is job center again? Guyz don waka tire oo.. Job center kor custome care center ni.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by ladyverere(f): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2016
eezeribe:

I guess U r one of them recruiters.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2016
ladyverere:

I guess U r one of them recruiters.
But why do you people think that Jobs are out there waiting for you? That recruiters are being deceptive?

Animals are able to live, eat, sleep .... all without a single dime. Why would a human being require, SSCE, Degree, Masters, PHD ... and still is unable to cloth himself, eat or stay alive?

I'm sorry to be comparing with animals but the truth has to be said. Lizards eat and drink and live their full lifespan by just hustling. So do Birds, and all insect. Even trees find their food to eat. Why are human beings, the wisest and most blessed of all creatures unable to fend for themselves and begin CRYING for job?

You know what to do. But you don't want to do it.

The jobs are not enough. That is why all this nonsense from the recruiters. But you have to do something yourself. You must do it. Stay alive. Start something. And stop complaining.

A friend of mine turned himself INTO a recruitment agency. Got people's CVs and selected the best and sent to companies to hire. Collected his pay. Him kwa, no get job. But that became his job.

I'm not saying that will work for everybody. But you need to think and do something.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by emynike2001(m): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2016
How about the unregistered and unlicenced recruiters such as:

Estherbreakthrough ((ojuelegba))

Latosh Nigeria((bode thomas))

16,ondo str., moshalasi bus stop costain

So many in Lagos STATE, pls lets name and shame them, lets keep this thread alive

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Mcbenjamin(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2016
My advice to all of us looking for job is to try and get a handwork or business.
My experience with dangote refinery thought me a lot. I applied for the job November last year, after some months my profile was changed to CV base cleared awaiting interview date. I was happy that I will be invited. First set went no invite, started making enquiries and was told it is in batches then I relaxed and was getting prepared. Till last month when the last batch was called and I didn't get any mail, then they updated our profile that the opening no longer exists. After one year of waiting and preparing for the interview, did mails upon mails no reply. I am doing my haulage business with chivita and God has been helping me. So dear friends if you have anything to do and give less care about our recruiters and their fraud it will save you a lot of thinking. I hardly think of any job to apply, am only looking for where to obtain loan and buy more LT buses for my business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by selfemployed(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
amicable09:
3 Jobs/Vacancies Drive,
Off Recruitment Portal,
Recruits Ville,
Nigeria.
4th November, 2016.

Dear Nigerian Recruiters,

Hello. I choose to start with Hello because it seems that's one language you all have in common. Hello! Heck! That greeting upsets me. More upsetting is the pact you all entered to infuriate me. Yea, like you by this time have known, this is no love letter. At the end of the letter, I'll leave you to decide what to call it based on what you'll make of it.

Last year, one of you took to the national dailies to advertise a major vacancy. You called it... what's that headline again? "Massive Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment" Exactly! That's it. In your exact words and the opening sentence read thus, 'our client is a financial services company...'. Your client? I'm going to get to that. I don't want to jump the gun yet. Back to the advert, you called the recruitment massive, giving applicants hope albeit false, that at least 200-250 out of the over 5000 eligible will get in. I, like other thousands, dusted my CV and applied.

Your portal was supposed to be open for two weeks but you shut it down after 5 days with claims that the server was down when the truth is that you intentionally ended it so as to control the number of applications you'll receive. Do I hold it against you? I don't.

You lie! I do! I hold it against you! Why will you even do that? Are you the client or are you now the financial services company? Why don't you leave the site alone and give everyone interested equal opportunity to sit for an aptitude test? Anyway, that's not the issue now. I just feel I need to ask you some 'whys' before I go on. (Let me know when you have an answer, even though I know what it is you will reply. You all are totally predictable!)

Okay, so I applied. Lucky me! Like a rat on a race to get the cheese, I won! But no victory to record yet. Weeks after the deadline for the application, I received a mail from you inviting me to prepare for an online test. Online? On my money! In this Nigeria! You forget the peculiarities of our beloved country when you copy things from other countries. You just copy! Like a cat, you copy! In those days, after tests and interviews, applicants were given transport fare to go back home and thanked greatly for coming. Late Chinua Achebe had this to say that after graduation, his employer offered to arrange an interview with him at his convenience. But not today. Not with all these recruiters. They'd rather organize test for a prospective employee without factoring our epileptic power condition, poor internet access, unavailability of personal computers and so on. This, is still by the way.

So last year I was 26, all thanks to ASUU strikes and delay from my school to compile my results on time for mobilization, last year I wrote the test and within 48 hours was notified of my success. Victory at last? Nay! Not with Nigerian recruiters, the process is only just beginning. Month 1, no word. Month 2, no update. Month 3, no information. Month 6, no mail. Sent them a mail and then Month 9, no reply. Month 12! It's my birthday!!! Hurray! I'm 27!

You expect me to be happy right? But why should I? My application is pending. Even though I do not know the company I'm preparing to work for, I have no doubts about them being a leading provider of financial services in Nigeria. What will it cost these recruiters to fast track the process? If a company is not ready for MASSIVE recruitment, why announce it? Oh! it's the new trend! 30,000 graduates applied for 200 entry level slots in XYZ company. Statistics huh? That's what they need it for? From there we'll get a press release and you'll hear something of this sort,

' 30,000 qualified graduates applied for only 200 vacant positions. 3,000 of which are first class and below 23 years of age. 2500 out of the whole are graduates from foreign universities. '

This must really be a thriller. You do this thinking you're doing me but I laugh at you like I've gone bananas. For your information, this joke is on you!
Now I'm 27 but it doesn't end there. After one full year! I get a text from you Mr/Ms. Recruiter on my phone at 5:30 pm inviting me for an interview at 8 am the following day. How professional! No apologies whatsoever. In the text, you instruct me to come with an 'updated' CV. I hope you realize updated means my age will have gone up and I most likely will have a job doing (no matter how small) I've got sense you know?

8 am at your office with my updated CV and you're not there. You show up at 10 am as fresh prince of Bel-Air concerned and announce that the interview will commence immediately. I wait another 30 minutes before you invite me in. As the interview begins, you realize I'm good for something and there's pressure on your company to produce 50 marketers for a client, you begin smooth talking me into taking up the job. For how much? Half the amount the client is paying per head!
That's 50%

Wait! Do you see any similarity between you and a human trafficker? Or you want me to point out the similarities? Classic case of Monkey dey work baboo dey chop!

'What about the financial services company', I ask.
'Sorry', you say, 'you are above the age limit'.

On this present offer, you attach a clause like a village headmaster. 'You must remain with us as a marketer for at least one year...!'. Is that so? 1 year of trekking under hot sun. 1 year of refusing/rejecting better offers. 1 year of being stuck on stupid!

Now I ask you, is that how your counterparts in other countries recruit? Or you feel you can wake up 5 years down the line, dig up my number from your database and text me to come and be a feces evacuator?

You better get updated yourselves!
#NuffSaid!

Sincerely Yours,
A Nigerian Applicant.

dear of, you are such a creative writer. with such skill, you can create a good job for your self on the internet

I can guide you if you are interested

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by orieoda(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2016
ghostmist:
These kind of people are the reason why Nigeria is where it is today...

just imagine how he reasons...

that guy might be a primary school dropout...I stopped replying mentions on Nairaland the day I discovered that the guy quoting me and saying jargon on my thread was just in SS2 sad grin cheesy

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by jaedswosh(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2016
Sent4rina:

God bless you my brother. I have come to realise that there is no white collar job anywhere.
We need to creat our enabling jobs no matter how small it is.
and do you want us to steal to raisr the capital to start a decent business... it isnt as easy as that. so many young men and women have business ideas and dont have anything.. i mean anything to even start up with. the banks dont help and a steady form of income is their only form of savings....... so many people only endure their current jobs just cos they are saving for another.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by harffie(m): 9:10am On Nov 05, 2016
God honest truth

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by XaintJoel20: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2016
selfemployed:

dear of, you are such a creative writer. with such skill, you can create a good job for your self on the internet

I too would like to be guided.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Sent4rina: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2016
jaedswosh:
and do you want us to steal to raisr the capital to start a decent business... it isnt as easy as that. so many young men and women have business ideas and dont have anything.. i mean anything to even start up with. the banks dont help and a steady form of income is their only form of savings....... so many people only endure their current jobs just cos they are saving for another.

Who do we blame when there is no employment opportunity nowhere, government or the employer?

Bros you have a point though but think our problem is, we don't want to start little. Its very hard (almost impposible) to secure a job in this country due to the volume of eligible unemploy graduates in town.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Beamborla(f): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2016
jaedswosh:
This is where you need information. There are many firms/foundation out there ready to help startups start their businesses with soft loan, grant or even equity.

There is AYEN, Bigportal, Tony Elumelu and so many of them.

Informations are just a click away from us...utilize the internet very well.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Abduletudaye(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2016
I understand what OP is saying. Nigerian recruiters dont have conscience. This is the more reason people are pushed to go into business they even no nothing about.

Its a pity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by FakoMaybach1: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2016
i remember how the HR person of Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) yaba treated me and other job seekers, The woman was so rude, shouting on people and making condescending statements....even before the test her attitude scared me.

We were asked to check our names from a list, the list contained people that acknowledged the test invite; at first i wondered since when we had to reply test invites to qualify for test but fortunately i had already done that, maybe due to my nature of always checking my mails and replying

After that hurdle, the woman said there was a form we must have filled if we wanted that test, i asked her which form...she said and i quote "you cant work here if u dont check your mails, how can u not check ur mails" at first i wanted to ask her if na her papa dey buy data for me, or if i no dey check mails how wud i have come there but i held myself....and number two as a job seeker i had filled not less than 1000 bio data forms, u know how all this online jobs will require u to create a profile, so to be sincere i lost count....so i ran to a cybercafe checked my mail and behold it was there, i tried to fill the form but the link didnt go through, after spending my little money on ticket and transport...i went back to tell her that the link was bad and she said well then u dont deserve to work here.....i just looked at her and that was when i knew that HR people are heavily laden with pride

They are impatient with job seekers and expect an Einstein; forgetting that there was a time they were also green and inexperienced.
As i left the place i told myself what i usually told people anytime a lecturer was forming galadimma, these people dont have ur destiny, ur destiny is in ur hands...u will be successful dont stress yourself trying to please them; they may have a hold over u now but they cant keep you down for long.

So to all proud HR personnel and recruiters; Bleep ALL OF YOU...please mods dont edit that foul language i really need them to see it

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by ghostmist: 10:34am On Nov 05, 2016
orieoda:

that guy might be a primary school dropout...I stopped replying mentions on Nairaland the day I discovered that the guy quoting me and saying jargon on my thread was just in SS2 sad grin cheesy
lol...

grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by giftedart: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2016
Watch who you eep by olamide @ cartoon version created by giftedart.....more funy cartoon video coming soon...this the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27RnVop7Gk&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCPTl1K21kNACFQHHFgodyiwKw1Ibb2xhbWlkZSBmdCB3aG8geW91IGVlcCwyMDE2&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by rhektor(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2016
eezeribe:

A criminal recruiter spotted.
Maybe you don't know what right mean, please go and read about it and thank me latter
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Adesiji77: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2016
Thumbs up @amicable09 wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by elfeezy(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2016
amicable09:
3 Jobs/Vacancies Drive,
Off Recruitment Portal,
Recruits Ville,
Nigeria.
4th November, 2016.

Dear Nigerian Recruiters,

Hello. I choose to start with Hello because it seems that's one language you all have in common. Hello! Heck! That greeting upsets me. More upsetting is the pact you all entered to infuriate me. Yea, like you by this time have known, this is no love letter. At the end of the letter, I'll leave you to decide what to call it based on what you'll make of it.

Last year, one of you took to the national dailies to advertise a major vacancy. You called it... what's that headline again? "Massive Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment" Exactly! That's it. In your exact words and the opening sentence read thus, 'our client is a financial services company...'. Your client? I'm going to get to that. I don't want to jump the gun yet. Back to the advert, you called the recruitment massive, giving applicants hope albeit false, that at least 200-250 out of the over 5000 eligible will get in. I, like other thousands, dusted my CV and applied.

Your portal was supposed to be open for two weeks but you shut it down after 5 days with claims that the server was down when the truth is that you intentionally ended it so as to control the number of applications you'll receive. Do I hold it against you? I don't.

You lie! I do! I hold it against you! Why will you even do that? Are you the client or are you now the financial services company? Why don't you leave the site alone and give everyone interested equal opportunity to sit for an aptitude test? Anyway, that's not the issue now. I just feel I need to ask you some 'whys' before I go on. (Let me know when you have an answer, even though I know what it is you will reply. You all are totally predictable!)

Okay, so I applied. Lucky me! Like a rat on a race to get the cheese, I won! But no victory to record yet. Weeks after the deadline for the application, I received a mail from you inviting me to prepare for an online test. Online? On my money! In this Nigeria! You forget the peculiarities of our beloved country when you copy things from other countries. You just copy! Like a cat, you copy! In those days, after tests and interviews, applicants were given transport fare to go back home and thanked greatly for coming. Late Chinua Achebe had this to say that after graduation, his employer offered to arrange an interview with him at his convenience. But not today. Not with all these recruiters. They'd rather organize test for a prospective employee without factoring our epileptic power condition, poor internet access, unavailability of personal computers and so on. This, is still by the way.

So last year I was 26, all thanks to ASUU strikes and delay from my school to compile my results on time for mobilization, last year I wrote the test and within 48 hours was notified of my success. Victory at last? Nay! Not with Nigerian recruiters, the process is only just beginning. Month 1, no word. Month 2, no update. Month 3, no information. Month 6, no mail. Sent them a mail and then Month 9, no reply. Month 12! It's my birthday!!! Hurray! I'm 27!

You expect me to be happy right? But why should I? My application is pending. Even though I do not know the company I'm preparing to work for, I have no doubts about them being a leading provider of financial services in Nigeria. What will it cost these recruiters to fast track the process? If a company is not ready for MASSIVE recruitment, why announce it? Oh! it's the new trend! 30,000 graduates applied for 200 entry level slots in XYZ company. Statistics huh? That's what they need it for? From there we'll get a press release and you'll hear something of this sort,

' 30,000 qualified graduates applied for only 200 vacant positions. 3,000 of which are first class and below 23 years of age. 2500 out of the whole are graduates from foreign universities. '

This must really be a thriller. You do this thinking you're doing me but I laugh at you like I've gone bananas. For your information, this joke is on you!
Now I'm 27 but it doesn't end there. After one full year! I get a text from you Mr/Ms. Recruiter on my phone at 5:30 pm inviting me for an interview at 8 am the following day. How professional! No apologies whatsoever. In the text, you instruct me to come with an 'updated' CV. I hope you realize updated means my age will have gone up and I most likely will have a job doing (no matter how small) I've got sense you know?

8 am at your office with my updated CV and you're not there. You show up at 10 am as fresh prince of Bel-Air concerned and announce that the interview will commence immediately. I wait another 30 minutes before you invite me in. As the interview begins, you realize I'm good for something and there's pressure on your company to produce 50 marketers for a client, you begin smooth talking me into taking up the job. For how much? Half the amount the client is paying per head!
That's 50%

Wait! Do you see any similarity between you and a human trafficker? Or you want me to point out the similarities? Classic case of Monkey dey work baboo dey chop!

'What about the financial services company', I ask.
'Sorry', you say, 'you are above the age limit'.

On this present offer, you attach a clause like a village headmaster. 'You must remain with us as a marketer for at least one year...!'. Is that so? 1 year of trekking under hot sun. 1 year of refusing/rejecting better offers. 1 year of being stuck on stupid!

Now I ask you, is that how your counterparts in other countries recruit? Or you feel you can wake up 5 years down the line, dig up my number from your database and text me to come and be a feces evacuator?

You better get updated yourselves!
#NuffSaid!

Sincerely Yours,
A Nigerian Applicant.

Only God will save us in diz country

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by DICKtator: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
amicable09:

e.

Too many errored in your wrote-up!!!

Your engrish is so poored!!!

Maybe because that was while they are not called you for interviewing or gulder jobs!!.

Kindly worked on your engrish please!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by Udochee(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
amicable09
thought provoking & very insightful. we hope for things to at least get better than how they are now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by HenriFayol(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
DICKtator:

Maybe because that was while they are not called you for interviewing or gulder jobs!!.

grin grin grin grin
Productivity at work is not tied to how well you speak English. The fact we don't speak English perfectly shows we can speak other language.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by DICKtator: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
HenriFayol:
Productivity at work is not tied to how well you speak English. The fact we don't speak English perfectly shows we can speak other language.

Na because you be Henri Fayol oooooo!!!
Na why I respect you or else wetin I for don type

Shaaa thank you for your management principles, na wetin I de use for work( and your Peter Drucker friend too)

How old are you now?

Or you no de die? You be vampire?

grin grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by amicable09(f): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha.

And Mr. clown finally brought me out of hiding grin grin grin

Please teach me engrish cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by amicable09(f): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
Udochee:

thought provoking & very insightful. we hope for things to at least get better than how they are now
They sure will cheesy

Thanks Udo.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Recruiters by amicable09(f): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
selfemployed:

Oh thanks.
I'm interested.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. / Why Employers Shouldn't Discriminate Against Graduates / S S S Recruiting Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.