Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? (3603 Views)

"Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) / Fallen Angels Have Marriage With Human Beings. / Angels Have Charge Over Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This sounds very wrong, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by GoodMuyis(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Book Unbooked

I can't think of any reason God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?

I think Like As it is in heaven so it on earth (Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven - Matt 6:11).

According to Bible Angel are Ministering Spirit, hence they interact with Human. Now that human has diverse language, the angels too need to have diversification of language so as to be able to communicate to people in their Jurisdiction (but I suppose angel should be able to speak all human language, if given the authority).

Am coming soon...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This makes no sense, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?

I suppose you have heard all the tongues spoken by all the spirit filled believers worldwide and have done a comparison or perhaps you also speak in tongues yourself. ...Do you have an empirical evidence to your claim?
a baby born today does he speak the language of an adult? A baby believers tongues is it at the stage of a matured believer because I do know there is the stage of groanings and not words being uttered.

Show me your empirical data Seun.

13 Likes 7 Shares

grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Seun:
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This makes no sense, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?
oga seun what do u wanna pull from this?

Well, there are millions of languages around the world and speaking in tongues doesnt mean speaking an unknown language... All the languages were created by God and are understood by angels according to their ranking... Understand that, somebody might be speakin in tongues and it would be somebody else language.. I have been in a gatherin where d holyspirit came on someone who couldnt speak yoruba and d man started speaking yoruba and the the holy spirit came upon anoda person to interpret it

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Scholar8200(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:
This wrong notion is based on hearsay and even contradicts the Bible! How did the people understand them in Acts 2:8-11 if what was spoken was language of angels?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

1 Corinthians chapter 13 Vs 1 says " Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels and have not love, I am become like a sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal"

This tells you that there are tongues of men and tongues of angels.

Acts chapter 2 vs 4 says that "They all were filled with the ghost and began to speak with other tongues as the spirit gave them utterance"

Acts Chapter 2 vs 8 says " And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?"

This tells you that the Jews understood what the apostles were saying, because they heard them speaking in their tongues.

Tongues are either human languages or angelic language. There is no confusion anywhere, Mr Seun.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by omowumeee(f): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
what do you expect from a confused religion undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by APCsupporter: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Christians, gather your lies and come here to defend your religion of falsehood
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
APCsupporter:
Christians, gather your lies and come here to defend your religion of falsehood
undecided
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by jeff1993: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
g
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
He has been answered. If any one of you, atheists still need more proofs, go and get a bible. Am sure it would help you grin
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
This wrong notion is based on hearsay and even contradicts the Bible! How did the people understand them in Acts 2:8-11 if what was spoken was language of angels?
That was supposed to be unique. The tongues that spirit-filled Christians speak nowadays are known to not correspond to human languages.

naijadeyhia:
I suppose you have heard all the tongues spoken by all the spirit filled believers worldwide and have done a comparison or perhaps you also speak in tongues yourself.
I heard at least 6 distinct 'tongues of angels' while watching a short documentary about speaking in tongues. That's already 5 too many.

a baby born today does he speak the language of an adult? A baby believers tongues is it at the stage of a matured believer because I do know there is the stage of groanings and not words being uttered.
If the words spoken by people who have been filled by the Holy Spirit come from the Holy Spirit, who isn't a baby, then this shouldn't apply.

GoodMuyis:
According to Bible Angel are Ministering Spirit, hence they interact with we Human. Now that we human has diverse language, the angels too need to have diversification of language so as to be able to communicate to people in their Jurisdiction (but I suppose angel should be able to speak all human language, if given the authority).
This implies that the tongues spoken by Christians are human languages. But that's not the case, which is why pastors don't make that claim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by felixomor1: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Seun do you believe in angels?

Do you believe in Heaven?

Do you believe in God?

if your answer for all three questions is NO then take down this thread because it is the most ridiculous thread you have ever created.

I suppose you have heard all the tongues spoken by all the spirit filled believers worldwide and have done a comparison or perhaps you also speak in tongues yourself. ...Do you have an empirical evidence to your claim?

The guy matter dey tire person.

He doesnt believe angels exist, yet he wants the "language of angels" to make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
felixomor1:
He doesnt believe angels exist, yet he wants the "language of angels" to make sense.
This guy gets me. I want everything to make sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:
That was supposed to be unique. The tongues that spirit-filled Christians speak nowadays are known to not correspond to human languages.

Nowadays, people speak as they are led, not as led by the spirit, hence the need for every believer to have discernment of spirit. The Bible says that we should test every spirit, that many spirit are gone out into the world, to deceive.

The tongues that was spoken in the Acts of the apostles was pure, unadulterated and straight from the source; the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
I expected something reasonable man , even my kid won't ask me this question lipsrsealed

Anyway , the coming of the Lord is at hand , how are y'all preparing smiley
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by mrmrmister: 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tongues aren't languages they are just expressions of uttermost bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

1 Corinthians 2 vs 14 says " But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit : for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, for they are spiritually discerned."

No matter how much you tend to make scorn of the word of God, they can never make meaning to you until you inquire sincerely from the source: The Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by felixomor1: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

Why will the language of spirits you believe dont exist, make sense?
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

Everything makes sense to me , I wonder why you think your opinion as an atheist counts undecided . Beats me .

Anyway , there's a logical fallacy called argument from (personal) incredulity or divine fallacy or appeal to common sense : I cannot imagine how this could be true or this does not makes sense to me , therefore it must be false - you are making an illogical argument

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by DeSepiero(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
I remember Christ Embassy church fellowship compelling me to speak in tongues sometime ago. grin
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
marsoden:
1 Corinthians 2 vs 14 says " But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit : for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, for they are spiritually discerned."
No matter how much you tend to make scorn of the word of God, they can never make meaning unto you until you inquire sincerely from the Holy Spirit.
You believe that (1) God created the human brain, and also (2) inspired the bible. Why would he make them so incompatible with each other?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by jonbellion(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lol babies below the age of one and intoxicated people also speak in tounges. Its basically gibberish disguised as having any lexical meaning. It reminds me of Japanese, African and Australian aborigine rituals. Nothing to see here people! *in Boston accent*

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Very strong point brother , solid in fact .

Looks like opening this thread was a rather impulsive decision and of course suffused with a salient logical fallacy , the divine fallacy .

Illogical thinking , suppositions , nothing adduced to buttress anything , thread closed if you ask me . cool
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

You believe that (1) God created the human brain, and also (2) inspired the bible. Why would he make them so incompatible with each other?

They are incompatible because after the fall of man in Genesis, man brain was only interested in doing evil and everything that God detested.
The natural man can NEVER please God, hence the work of salvation was to reconcile us back to our default place in God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by skydancer: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
For the sake of replying, an angel can have a million or billion voices, just the same way they can play a million tunes or instruments. If you know french and English, don't you enjoy or prefer saying some things in French? Can you explain why you can identify a natural resonance with language and mood, if you as a human can identify that, what then can you guess or say about a being that is not limited by any means to make sense with any 'language'?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

I heard at least 6 distinct 'tongues of angels' while watching a short documentary about speaking in tongues. That's already 5 too many.

If the words spoken by people who have been filled by the Holy Spirit come from the Holy Spirit, who isn't a baby, then this shouldn't apply.

This implies that the tongues spoken by Christians are human languages. But that's not the case, which is why pastors don't make that claim.

when you guys talk sometimes it leaves me wondering. Post the documentary here so we also can see and hear what you heard afterall the documentary should have accompanied this thread in the first place to buttress your point.

The holy spirit is mature but the human tongue adjusting to the language of angels is not. I for one do not speak in tongues today the way I began almost 20yrs ago.... Tongues mature and on the first day you receive it its uncontrollable. ..however after that day you can choose when to speak and when not to speak but the more you speak the more you are inspired and the more the holy spirit reveals to you.

So seun show us your documentary. ..Back up your claim with proof.

Besides how on earth would you think that as human in the flesh you would be able to discern the language of angels without the Holy spirit? Can you unscramble a puzzle without a code breaker? why would you think you can somehow shrink the divine into the earthly without divine help?

You are supposed to be smarter than this but your comments are like a voice speaking against that.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain / 10hrs Of Praying In Tongues / My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.