Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar (23555 Views)

EFCC Arrests 4 Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Photos) / 2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) / EFCC Arrests 4 Lagos Yahoo Boys With Charms And Exotic Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Caleycash(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
royalfamily:
Igbo kwenu!!!!!!! I just pray una no go tag this country name n rebrand it to Mexico. ......... I see reason y they have to grant u people Biafra Asap.... We tired of u disgracing this country.
Gbam, please make it fast if you have the connection!!!
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by deenvibe(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
Walahi dix people are cursed.. Indonesia of all country where nigerians are still in their jail

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by kolaaderin: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
OkoYibo:
See them. The 4 apostles of the cursed tribe of Israel. Their elders wouldn't warn them, their elders are waiting for them to use drug money to buy chieftaincy titles.

The reason why their voting strength is low in Nigerian elections is because most of them are in foreign prisons. Instead of their elders to caution them, they would say Buhari is imprisoning ipods.

If you doubt me, before the end of November, they would catch a MINIMUM OF 18 Igbo drug dealers and couriers and it would be reported here on Nairaland. Who wanna bet? 4down, remaining 16.

Any Ipod should quote me negatively and let 99MW thunder (2017 Model) from Prayer City pieces ur flat skull.

That is as sure as yesterday. No one dares bet on that its a sure loss.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by cole265(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
mikeczay:
Mtcheww. Apc and propaganda. Countless afonjas are carrying drugs everyday. It's only our Igbo brothers that they will be showing. One mmanus

#proud Igbo
grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The thing dey pain am grin

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by alexblazzzer18(m): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
m here to read comments.... Lolz this guyz with tribalism sha

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Vince77(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Zico5:

What kind of person is this for God sake. U have broken my ribs with laughter. Chai! Igbos

Hahaha.. No vex.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by SaffronSpice: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
There is a similar thread on FP already. A mod should take down this one down.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Vince77(m): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
nextprince:

Choi, na true o. I just try am after I don c ya post. Na im be say even nl don know d people wey deir head flat like grinding stone. Chai

Me sef shock wen i see am... Lmao

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Gozzzy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bolustic:
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), on Friday, arrested four drug couriers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, while attempting to take the drugs to China, Indonesia and Qatar. Drug trafficking is punishable by death in the three countries. A statement by the spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, gave the names of the suspects as Aniebue Peter Nnamma, 50; Sokpe Zubbye, alias Nzube Chukwudi), 37; Ugwuezumba Hyacinth Arinze, 38; and Obinna James Obi, 30.

A statement by the spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, gave the names of the suspects as Aniebue Peter Nnamma, 50; Sokpe Zubbye, alias Nzube Chukwudi), 37; Ugwuezumba Hyacinth Arinze, 38; and Obinna James Obi, 30.

Mr. Ofoyeju said Nnamma, who sells clothes at Aswani Market in Lagos, inserted 11 wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into his anus, while Zubbye, a freight forwarder from Anambra State with a Ghanaian passport, ingested 955 grammes of cocaine.

Both suspects, Mr. Ofoyeju added, were on their way to China.

The NDLEA spokesman also said Arinze, who sells musical instruments at Alaba International Market in Lagos, was caught with ingested wraps of methamphetamine, weighing 570 grammes and 1.560kg of the drug packed in his luggage while on his way to Indonesia.

The other suspect, an aluminium fabricator in Umuahia, Abia State, who was flying to Doha, Qatar, was caught with 5.2kg of cannabis. Mr. Ofoyeju stated that all four suspects are under investigation and will be charged to court soon.

He explained that if the suspects had been arrested in the countries they attempted to courier the drugs to, they would have been executed.

Commenting on the arrests, the NDLEA Commander at the MMIA, Mr. Ahmadu Garba, said that the agency will continue to ensure that drug couriers are arrested at the country's airports and other points through which they might want to carry out their illicit trade.

Also, the Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd.), expressed worry over the spate of execution of Nigerians abroad for drug trafficking offences and the number of those on death row.
Colonel Abdallah urged traffickers to see beyond the transient monetary gains of narcotic trafficking and appreciate the fact that they are actually endorsing their own death warrant.

He described the action of the suspects as unfortunate and shameful, saying that drug trafficking is a criminal offence that has caused the death of many young people.

β€œIt is sad that the execution of those caught with drugs in these countries has not deterred them. Many have died prematurely while others are daily counting down to their execution. This development has left their family members and friends in pains,” he said.
In his confessional statement, Zubbye said he was promised N1 million by sponsors to smuggle the drug abroad.

"I work in China as a freight forwarder and I am married with two children. Due to the recession, I am having difficulty in settling my bills and I was lured into drug trafficking while seeking assistance. They promised me N1 million. Since I live in China, I felt it would be easy for me to go through security checks, but unfortunately, I was caught,” he said.
Nnamma also blamed his involvement in the crime on financial hardship.

"It was financial hardship that made me smuggle the drug. I was afraid of swallowing the drug, so I inserted eleven wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into my anus. I sell clothes at Aswani Market, but poor patronage and family problems have turned me into a pauper. I regret everything" he lamented.

Arinze, confessed that he was given the drug along Badagry Expressway and was promised $3,000 by his sponsors.

Obi also admitted to investigators that he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking. He explained that the bag he was caught with was given to him by a friend for delivery in Doha, but during a search, NDLEA discovered cannabis inside it.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/04/nigerian-drug-law-enforcement-agents-arrest-four-persons-attempting-smuggle-drugs-china

ndi nwere obi e ji akpata ego.... Onye ujo anaghi akpata ego!!!! Cowards don't get rich... it takes bravery at heart, to get the money!!!!! For not being afraid of death, I hail you men!!!! That's the Igbo spirit..FEARLESSNESS!!!!
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by HCF(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
They should even thank their stars they were caught here in Nigeria. What if they were caught in Indonesia?.. or is that not where the offence attracts death sentence?....

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by cnanu(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
Abeg change the topic to

NDLEA saved 4 persons attempting to die in China, Indonesia and quatar by selling HardDrugs

Waliahi them get luck

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Damfostopper(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
lol Igbos ....ewoooo na dem o

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by shiimah: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
See as their faces be.... d love of money sha

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Rollwitu(f): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Igbos

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by ginggerxy: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
SWORD419:
ALPHA BRAVO 257 Do u read me
Itz captain sword reporting from kano
Itz the cone headed heroes again

NCAN KANO BRANCH
you are junkie you don't NL code of operation and code of Identity the are my brothers from east they not cone head they flat head and am proud of them they are merchant they did not rape 5yrs old girl, they did not cut their wives breast, they were not caught with human parts they are merchants if you don't lie their goods don't buy if don't buy they will not bring it for you.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by DesChyko: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
BEENUEL:
cry

Lol.. You dey pity for them?
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
curiouses:

Aniebue Nnamma Nzube Chukwudi Ugwuezumba Arinze Obinna James Obi
** signs NCAN registrer, shakes head & walks away **

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Oblang(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
mikeczay:
Mtcheww. Apc and propaganda. Countless afonjas are carrying drugs everyday. It's only our Igbo brothers that they will be showing. One mmanus

#proud Igbo

I no blame u na. Na ndlea I blame wey for leave make dem go murder them for where dem dey go. Na so ur elders wey suppose call una to order go dey shout propaganda upandan.....Nonsense..

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
1stCitizen:
After NDLEA discovered the drugs and that they were going to an Asian country they should have allowed them to go with their goods and simply alerted their counterparts in China, Indonesia and Qatar.

This one seems like a rescue mission on the part on NDLEA
How are you sure they wouldn't escape checking when they get there. As strict laws are, there are loopholes to it
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Oblang(m): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
Gozzzy:

ndi nwere obi e ji akpata ego.... Onye ujo anaghi akpata ego!!!! Cowards don't get rich... it takes bravery at heart, to get the money!!!!! For not being afraid of death, I hail you men!!!! That's the Igbo spirit..FEARLESSNESS!!!!

U ppl won't stop taking stupidity for bravery. U see sambisa there u no carry gun enter make we no say u no be coward...smh..

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by wink2015(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Men from the Biafra republic. I salute you!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by swezenberg(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bunch of lazy people. They should be thanking Nigerian government for helping them commit their death sentence in those countries to jail terms here in Naija. Them for allow them go to those countries to reduce their population in Nigeria. wicked people. They keep destroying lives elsewhere and living large in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by nijascammers: 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
What is this nonsense? The NDLEA should have allowed them to go to Qatar, China and Indonesia with drugs and alert the drug agencies of these countries.
Obviously, they have death wish. A man from Anambra state with a Ghanaian passport? Very smart and hard working indeed!
If caught in Indonesia, his obituary would have read, a Ghanaian instead of an Anambran man was executed for drug trafficking. This will save us some money we will waste in prosecuting those rogues and rid the country of some wailers. Look their heads you can tell, it's flat,fake jews who invaded Nigeria from Cameroon. Can you imagine if there wasn't biafran war? their population and crime would have been beyond human comprehension.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
hakeem4:
This news was on front page before

They're all from the east grin grin

NCAN branch otta ogun state

Where for otta branch u belng to?? Sango otta or alakuko side?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by eolafao: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
These are the people spoiling the name of this country. .... grin Change has come

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by jumper524(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
Vince77:
Flat heads never disappoints

Haha.... I typed 'flattie.s'(without dot) on NL and it changed to 'Igbos' .
Chai... Even NL don know them.
U Dont Mean It Igbos

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by piratez: 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
Am proud of my people......
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by SWORD419(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
ginggerxy:
you are junkie you don't NL code of operation and code of Identity the are my brothers from east they not cone head they flat head and am proud of them they are merchant they did not rape 5yrs old girl, they did not cut their wives breast, they were not caught with human parts they are merchants if you don't lie their goods don't buy if don't buy they will not bring it for you.
good day Jonny english

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by centboy123456(m): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
planetx:
Is there a special machine at MMIA that detects people who swallow drugs, cause I have taken international flights from that airport many times and always wonder how they regularly catch this guys.

Dey use some powers wen dey see someone wit drugs dey know without person nor tell them
Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by MeAboki(m): 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
deliveryboy:
IBOS AGAIN?!!! Must you develop everywhere? SHAME!!!

These ones were setting out to develop Asia; lucky they will not be returning in caskets like many of their blodas with similar ambition.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar by barresi(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
they should be charged for attempted suicide. this guys have guts mehn!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill 2 Soldiers, Take Captive; Burn Operational Vehicle In Benue/Taraba / Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers / Nigerian Student Jumps To Death While Fleeing Malaysian Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.