Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

For Computer Science Students - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Computer Science Students (55730 Views)

Is Programming Meant Only For Computer Science Students? / Free Project Topics, Cheap Program And Materials For Computer Science Students / SIWES For Computer Science Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2017
Clarity Matters
In whatever endeavor you pursue in life, be clear on your goals. Life seems to always want to test whether you are indeed true to your words or not. And it seems that those who are not clear on their goals are those that lose in the end.

Have you ever realized you wanted to achieve something, then people talked you out of it and you gave up? Well, that was a way of testing if you were indeed interested in that thing and what did you say, you gave up and said you were not interested.

It matters that you live every day with a sense of clarity in all that you do. When everyone does not understand your goal, it is your clear goal that would keep pushing you forward even when no one sees or understands your goal. Everyone wants to conform and remain on the same path, but you must see and present a new clear path to everything that you do.

You need to be clear because it seems that every day, we are tested to determine if we are truly clear about what we want.

The Prophets of God were all tested to determine if they were really clear on their mission. What did they do? They remained clear and steadfast on that path. To begin to seek a goal, seek first to be clear about it. Only by dwelling on clear goals can we make progress.

Beyond being clear in our goals, we need to be clearer with our communication. People do not hear what you say, people interpret what you say based on their bias, experience, and exposure. You must continue to ensure that you leave very little space for a wrong interpretation of what you say. As a leader in your field and domain, you must always continue to seek to be clear in your communication.

Communication is complete only when the receiver of the information understands what you are saying and also understands your intent. Seek to be clear in your goals and communication because clarity matters.

Thanks and God bless.

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2017
How To Pray
Prayer can be defined as an earnest hope or wish of something from God. It could also be defined as an expression of help or thanks to God. Whichever definition you choose to believe in, the baseline is that you are seeking something from God.

In seeking for something, you must do it with all your heart with no iota of fear or doubt that the request would be granted. When you pray, you must believe that the outcome would always be in your favor.

Even when you do not get what you wished for, your prayers were definitely answered. Look back and realize some of the things that you prayed for that you now have and also look at the things that you prayed for but did not have and you are grateful for that.

Sometimes we wish to have something and when we pray, it seems to not come. But the denial of that thing, in the end, was a blessing in disguise. You can definitely think of such scenario and that means that your prayer was answered.

To pray, you must believe with conviction that your prayers are answered. If you pray and still have fear about what you prayed for, then you still have not prayed. Prayer is about asking and believing that the person you have asked would give you the best. Until you believe that, your prayers are yet to become as powerful as you would want them to be.

Prayer is faith. Faith that the person you are calling upon would answer your request. But when you pray and still do not have faith or hope, then your prayers need to be checked.

Pray every day and not only when you feel overwhelmed with the issues of life. Pray with your heart and mind present. Practise mindfulness when you pray. Seek to flow with Almighty God in your request. Understand that the outcome after you have prayed is the best option for you.

That you did not get what you asked for is no indication that your prayers were not answered. It might be that you are asking for something less. Seek more and be hopeful and faithful that the Almighty God you are conversing with will give you the best.

Prayer is a way of faith. Seek to be faithful and hopeful when you pray. Never give up when you pray. By praying, you believe that your hard work would definitely be rewarded. When you pray, you do more hard work, you do not relent because prayer only works when you work.

Keep up the good work, and keep praying. Prayer conquers all. Never make the mistake of praying without working. Praying alone without praying is about wishing only. You need to wish but also go out and work for it.

Ensure that in the end, all you have done is your best. Ensure that your prayer is with a great faith and hope. Never pray with a mind of fear.

Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:21am On Dec 19, 2017
Why I Applied to MIT, Cornell, Harvard, and Caltech
Currently, on my journey to graduate school, I have applied to four of the most prestigious schools in the world. Cornell, Caltech, Harvard, and MIT are some of the schools I have submitted my applications to.

Why then do I seek to apply to these great institutions while I could simply choose to apply to others? Well, not that these are the only schools I would apply to, but I seek to apply to these schools for one reason: HOPE. Many more reasons abound but this is one of my strongest reasons.

What is the context or meaning of hope in seeking admission? I am seeking admission to these schools with the intention that I would be able to give hope and inspiration to anyone who has the same background like me to also aim for the best. Due to our upbringing, some of us choose to follow the least difficult path, leaving the higher paths for others we think are better than us.

But it does not have to be like that. I pray and hope to secure admission into all these schools so that anyone who thinks he/she is disadvantaged because of their background can think twice. Your current conditions should only determine your past, not your future.

I am the first child in my family to attend the university. This would inevitably give hope to everyone in my family and my community to believe that if I did it, then they can also do it. Graduating with a first-class is another motivation that they can also do it.

One of the events I remember most during my secondary schools days is having to be sent home because of my school fees payment. All these conditions and much worse happen to a whole lot of people and I want to be able to give them hope.

Imagine how it would feel if you realize that I finally get into my dream school. If my background was not too favorable. That would give you the hope and drive not only to apply for a better school but to also pursue whatever it is you want in life.

So when I get asked why I applied to these prestigious schools and would still apply to more, my answer is so that I can give hope to that child who thinks any of his/her goals are impossible to attain.

Right now, getting into these schools seem such an arduous task that the only thing that keeps me moving is the faith that I would get in.

Whatever it is that you want to achieve, no matter your background, you can reach it. Never be intimated by anyone.

You can only know when you try.

Thanks and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: For Computer Science Students by TheManOfTheYear: 12:42am On Dec 20, 2017
azibit:
Why I Applied to MIT, Cornell, Harvard, and Caltech
Currently, on my journey to graduate school, I have applied to four of the most prestigious schools in the world. Cornell, Caltech, Harvard, and MIT are some of the schools I have submitted my applications to.

Why then do I seek to apply to these great institutions while I could simply choose to apply to others? Well, not that these are the only schools I would apply to, but I seek to apply to these schools for one reason: HOPE. Many more reasons abound but this is one of my strongest reasons.

What is the context or meaning of hope in seeking admission? I am seeking admission to these schools with the intention that I would be able to give hope and inspiration to anyone who has the same background like me to also aim for the best. Due to our upbringing, some of us choose to follow the least difficult path, leaving the higher paths for others we think are better than us.

But it does not have to be like that. I pray and hope to secure admission into all these schools so that anyone who thinks he/she is disadvantaged because of their background can think twice. Your current conditions should only determine your past, not your future.

I am the first child in my family to attend the university. This would inevitably give hope to everyone in my family and my community to believe that if I did it, then they can also do it. Graduating with a first-class is another motivation that they can also do it.

One of the events I remember most during my secondary schools days is having to be sent home because of my school fees payment. All these conditions and much worse happen to a whole lot of people and I want to be able to give them hope.

Imagine how it would feel if you realize that I finally get into my dream school. If my background was not too favorable. That would give you the hope and drive not only to apply for a better school but to also pursue whatever it is you want in life.

So when I get asked why I applied to these prestigious schools and would still apply to more, my answer is so that I can give hope to that child who thinks any of his/her goals are impossible to attain.

Right now, getting into these schools seem such an arduous task that the only thing that keeps me moving is the faith that I would get in.

Whatever it is that you want to achieve, no matter your background, you can reach it. Never be intimated by anyone.

You can only know when you try.

Thanks and God bless.
I can totally relate to everything you typed. I also wish to do my graduate studies in the US, with MIT being my dream school.

I would never let my background discourage me rather it will be a source of motivation. God bless you bro for this post.

I wish you success

2 Likes

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2017
Getting Back Up
It rained this morning and everywhere was wet. People still have to move around. While heading back home from the mosque, I saw a biker fall off from his motorcycle. The most important part was not him falling but what he did after he fell.

Luckily, he was not injured much, just a little bruise I guess he must have sustained. What he did after that was to dust himself and keep going. This might seem like the normal thing to do but how many of us use this principle in real life.

How many times have we fallen and just gave up? How many times did something not work our way and the only thing we did was to let it go and give up. The story of the bike man might not really inspire or move you but I want you to always have the attitude of the biker when something happens.

No matter how bad you must have felt, sitting down and complaining would never have prevented the accident from happening. The biker would be in more serious case if he just sat on the road and never did anything. Maybe an oncoming car not looking properly would simply pass and squatch him.

But he stood up and continued. He really made my day. Started the bike and without any sign as though he just had an accident, he proceeded and moved on.

Take this simple principle with you everywhere you. Get back up no matter what happened. Your case might be much worse than the biker but the same principle applies. If you stay in the same place without doing anything but lamenting, you might essentially be exposing yourself to a greater danger.

So everyone out there who is facing one issue or the other, simply get back up and keep moving. You never know what the future holds. Keep going, keep moving.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by mbz101(m): 6:40am On Dec 21, 2017
We buy and sell Bitcoin and other digital money

For ur online Clean E-marketing tools
Php Mailer:$15
Cp:$15
Rdp:$15
Google voice:$10
Webmail:$15
VPN No logs $30 yr

Take note as will are solution provide for accounts and credit code

Amazon AWS EC2 Active (3) Accounts $75 One Account is $30

$50 AWS Credits | Srise 2017 $25

Digital Ocean $50 credit code $25

bing Ads coupon 200$ worldwide $50

Crypters & binders software MegaPack 60+ items $85

Stealth PayPal account age 2010+ Bank+card+Cookies $100

Lynda and Udemy with github account lifetime $20

Premium Linkedin.com 119$/month 1 month is included $50

Windows 10 PRO x64 Pre-Activated Cracked OS iso $30

I'm legitimate business man . No games please..

Contact me to place order: 08051671260
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2017
Keep Pushing Forward
I recently read an about an Intern who cost her company millions of dollars. Well, all I had in mind while reading was that the lady would definitely have been fired due to the lost the intern cost the company.

However, this was not the case. The person narrating the experience explained that the intern was let go because she simply froze and could not do anything after she discovered what she did. It was an incident on a plane.

That really got me thinking about what we normally do when things break down or do not work out. It is fine to cry when things go wrong, but never let that incident stop you. The past should never determine your future.

Whatever situation it is you are currently in, you basically have 2 options. One is to give up and never continue or continue pushing forward. Continue to lament about the challenges and wishing everything was better. If everything was better, you would have also prospered.

But sometimes, the worst thing to do is simply sit and take no action. You do not have to take the big step now. You can start small. Whatever it is you are currently facing, you can do more and be more.

Great people did not attain greatness because everything around them was perfect. In contrast, most great men achieved success because almost everything around them was not perfect and they sort to make it perfect.

Your current situation should not determine your future. Imagine the humble beginning of messengers of God and the number of people they have touched and inspired today. Your current situation should not hold you back. Rather let it keep pushing you forward.

In face of a difficulty or a mistake, the most important thing to do is to learn from the mistake or difficulty. Learn as much as you can and then move on. Life is like a school but you have no physical teacher to teach you.

You would have to figure it out on your own sometimes. So when you face a difficulty, do your best and keep moving. You are being tested for something greater than your current situation. How then can you succeed when you do not win at the small challenges?

It would be truly difficult if I say I understand what you feel right now, but all I can say is that staying where you are does not bring greatness. You have to move from where you are to where you want to be.

Go out there and make it happen. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2017
Fear of Criticism
Have you ever been criticized? How did you feel? I am absolutely sure you do not want to be in the same situation again. We all do not want to.
Criticism is an expression of disapproval based on the perception of faults or mistakes. So, therefore, it means that you can only be criticized for doing something no matter how small. It is in criticism that we realize that inactivity is also a decision.

People would criticize you for doing something and also still criticize you if you choose to do nothing. Such is life and you would have to learn to deal with criticism. In the best form, criticism makes you better and stronger and in the wors form, seeks to make you feel as worthless as possible.
Whatever form of criticism you are feeling now, you are not alone. We all have the fear of criticism in one thing or the other. But it seems as if some people have better mastered it.

Since I was a kid, I was always afraid of speaking to strangers especially females even if I had something important to say to them. I would feel what if she snaps and says get out of here. Well, I did allow my self-criticism dissuade me from getting to meet and know more people but now I know more than ever before, I would have been much better if I fought my fears.

So now is never too later. I have taken it upon myself to face my fears for as long as possible. I still tremble every time I want to speak to a stranger but I would still continue and never let my fear of criticism stop me.

Whatever it is that is stopping you, you can always win. Give yourself some tasks you have always shun due to your fear of criticism and get on with it today. You might never know until you try.
So whatever your fear of criticism is, go out there and be the best that you can towards fighting it off. You never know what can happen until you try.
Do have a great day and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2017
Saying NO
We all want to be as productive as possible in everything that we do. We want to achieve all and everything that we set out for. But sometimes, we overburden ourselves and become overwhelmed by what is not important that we forget what is indeed important.

It is necessary that we choose to focus. Choose to start and complete one thing, then move to another. Most of the time, we seek to multitask hoping to complete all the tasks at once, but it is always much better to single-task.

Take one task, complete it and move on to the next one. Therefore, choose a single task today and decide that to be your main task. Then start saying NO to every other task. Because if you say YES to another task, your current task might not be your main task anymore.

In a world where we are continuously distracted, we want now more than ever to be focused and dedicated to the most important tasks. We feel productive when we start the number of tasks and activities we are working on. The power we feel when we say all these tasks makes us feel good.

But decide today what it is going to be. Choose the main task. Begin and make it your most important task. Complete that and move to the next task. This does not mean you only deal with one task. It simply means that you have a major task you are always working on.

Others might be secondary but make sure you have the main task you are working on. Start today with that single most important task and do not add any more main task until you are done.

Say NO to all other distractions. Have a great day and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:55am On Dec 24, 2017
Think Differently
Many of us want to be successful in life. We want to achieve all the great things the world has to offer. We want to drive the best of cars, have the finest of clothes, and the best of everything. But often, we miss the most important thing we need to handle.

That is our thought. Your thought is the only thing you can have full control over. Your thought. But how do you use your thought every day? Your thought manifests in how you handle the small things. Every small thing that you think about. Your thought comes into play.

Until you begin to think differently, you would always be on the path everyone is on. When your thought is same as others, you simply become as others, but when your thought is different, you start a new path. A path never followed before.

Take a few minutes and realize the great men and women that have changed history. These people simply took a course no one was willing to take. They decided to follow a path not followed before. They decided to think differently.

Until you begin to be interested in the way you think and the way you do the small things, you would not change. Decide today to focus on the little things and do them well. Doing the small things well is what becomes the great things.

Life has no single path to greatness and as such, follow God in the way that you can and continue to seek better paths. That is the way too greatness. But greatness has never been about following the crowd. When you follow the crowd, you become indistinguishable. Follow your path and your name echoes in the air.

Take a few minutes today to think differently about the little things you are doing. Find a better way. Do not follow the path, create your path and follow it.

The world awaits your greatness but it lies in thinking differently.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Pay Attention To The Small Things In Your Marriage
Have you ever seen a hen move around with her chicks and some young ones that are not even chicks? Maybe young turkey or other birds. This happens when hens are incubating and people add eggs of other birds so that the hen incubates them together and then watches over them like her own.

When the hen hatches, all the chicks and the young of the other birds work together in all aspect. They follow the mother hen and do almost everything together. In the end, all the birds are like one.

But when you look at it, how did that union happen? It happened from sharing and doing the small things together. The young birds both search for food together, play together and in fact do almost everything together.

In time, they become way closer and the relationship bond is very strong that they do not see themselves as birds of different species. If birds can get to love one another even when they are not of the same species, then it is possible for love to grow among humans that are basically of the same species.

Love grows. For love to grow in your marriage, the small things must matter. Simply checking on your loved ones makes the relationship stronger. Doing almost every possible thing together is a way to get relationships to be stronger. Love is like a garden, it grows when we pay close attention to it and it grows weeds when we forsake it.

Live your life today full of love. Love is one of the strongest and greatest forms of energy we can share with others. Seek to do the small things and see how it becomes very great things in your relationship. Seek to do the very small thing.

When people court, the relationship seems to be perfect because attention is paid to even the simplest things. You seek to appreciate your partner on every small accomplishment, you seek to do things together. You eat together, and many more.

At this stage, you are simply growing your love by the little things you are doing. At this stage, your love is growing and that is what makes you feel so over in love. The small things are catered for.

But after we get married, we seem to forget the small things and simply think that my partner would understand. It is like leaving a garden without paying attention and saying that the garden would understand what you are currently passing through. If you do not give it time, weeds would take over and it would soon be a bad place to visit as different dangerous animals would have sought abode in the garden.

So is our relationships. So take a few minutes today to grow your relationship and your love. Focus on the small things. It is always the small things that matter. The compound effect of the small things is the big effect but you must start small.

So take a few moments today to focus on the small things in your marriage. That is what matters. Remember the number of people who are currently seeking to have what you now have.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Do not let failure stop you
We do not lose for making mistakes, but the actions we take after making the mistake is all that matters. We seem to think that great people made it all by simply following the best step in what they do. It seems that they simply were lucky and in time to meet all the opportunities available.

But on a closer look, you would realize that a lot more factors were involved in the success. It was not only about the timing, it was simply about how they reacted when they were not successful that caused all the success in the end.

Reading through part of the book “The Intel Trinity”, it became quite clear that the success of Intel did not come basically because they played their games quite well. It was because they indeed persevered during their failure and found a better way out. That was the revolutionizing point for them.

Same goes for me and you today. How do you handle failure? Do you simply give up and let go or you simply understand your weakness, gather your strengths and get back up? It matters that you get back up.

Has it not occurred to you that success only comes when you are busy doing something? Busy trying to achieve success. It is that point success knocks on your door. I have not seen anyone who became successful by doing nothing. Even royalties have to be born first.

So make sure you never let a mistake or a failure pull you back. The greatness of this world is infinite to those who never give up. It belongs only to those who continue to see better ways to come back even in the face of defeat.

If everything was perfect, there would be no need to develop another solution. It seems that the world is the way it is so that we can create more values than we can currently see and imagine. Whatever it is you are onto, you can give up, but remember that greatness comes to those who keep trying.

You might persist in another direction. Not giving up does not mean continuing on the same path when there is a better path to follow. Seek to find better paths and never cease to follow them.

The future is only for those who seek to never be deterred by mistakes or failures. The world needs you. Do not let failure stop you.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2017
So I Made A Toast At A Wedding
Yesterday at a friend’s dinner party for his wedding, I was asked to make a toast to the bride and groom. Kindly understand that I am someone who hardly ever attends any wedding and if I do, I mostly simply remain quite at such weddings.

To be the center of attention for the few minutes caused me to shiver simply at the thought of it. I gathered my strengths and gave the toast. Well, apologies to the couple and those in attendance, I think I made one of the worst toast ever in history. I really felt I could have done much greater.

But isn’t that how we feel when we do something. We believe we could have done better. I have learned never to stay too long in the past, simply learn by lessons from such events and move on. One such thing I learned yesterday was to always never be afraid.

Whatever the situation is, try to never succumb to your fears and let them win. I am sure I could have done a better toast but how would I have known that if I did not make the first toast. True success comes only by starting something. Only after I did the toast did I realize some of the ways I could have been better.

Same in life. Some of the things that scare us can only be better only when we try and learn from them. Some people keep away from their fears creating very good alibis of why they believe they cannot do it. I could have also said I did not want to make the toast. Opportunities come all the time, but they simply dress up so badly that we mistake them for something else.

If I never made the toast, I might not have known how much I can improve on. Come to think of it. Look at the bright side, I get to be introduced to everyone at the event for free. It was simply also a way to fight my fear of appearing in public.

In whatever way I look at it, it was a major success. Well except probably from the angle of the couple who wanted something better. But yes, we can improve and get better. And maybe I will make another toast for their wedding anniversary.

Whatever the situation is, just try. You never can tell what happens until you try. Your mistakes can only become clear when you try. Hoping to try never brings out the mistake. Take a few moments today and try to do some of those things that really scare you.

It might not work out the way you wanted but at least, you learned a lesson or two. Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by faithogiga(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Skill up this new year. I got some stuff for programmers and designers. I am on the file and resource sharing side.

That's one way to grow.

http://vializer.com/BoAM - PHP and Mysql beyond the basics.

http://vializer.com/BnUD - PHP for beginners

http://activeation.com/4Cm1 - Graphic design videos

http://activeation.com/4Ciw - Graphic design books

http://activeation.com/3abJ - Photoshop duotone course.

Take anyone you like

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:25am On Dec 28, 2017
faithogiga:
Skill up this new year. I got some stuff for programmers and designers. I am on the file and resource sharing side.

That's one way to grow.

http://vializer.com/BoAM - PHP and Mysql beyond the basics.

http://vializer.com/BnUD - PHP for beginners

http://activeation.com/4Cm1 - Graphic design videos

http://activeation.com/4Ciw - Graphic design books

http://activeation.com/3abJ - Photoshop duotone course.

Take anyone you like

Thanks very much for sharing

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:25am On Dec 28, 2017
Seek Life Changing Events
So when we look back and analyze the things that we are grateful for, we are most grateful for the good things that happened in our lives and seldom are we grateful for the bad things that have happened.

But looking back now and looking at where I currently am, the activities that have led me here have not only been the good ones, but some even not so fantastic events have all led me here.

Imagine when I had to write my first university entrance examination (JAMB) and I did not make it as I did not have a certain subject in my O-level result. This was a pivot point as I did not gain admission into the university that year and I was able to get introduced to computers. My introduction to computers have been a live-changer for me as I simply moved from wanting to study medicine to been interested in computers and that decision has led me to where I am today.

Looking back, I simply am grateful for the missing result in my O-level result and many more events that have not really looked good when they happened but have indeed turned out at the end to be the very best choice ever. As humans, we do not go around being happy when bad things happen, but when we critically look at some these events, they are sometimes even more impactful than the great things that have happened in our lives.

They sometimes seem to be the very things that push us to achieve greater success. So when you begin to list and remember the things you are grateful for, remember the not-so-interesting events that have turned out to be the very best in the end.

Life is a school and we have to learn every day. Remember back in the days when you were in school and you used to despise some teachers for giving you too many homework and assignments. Looking back now, one seems to be most grateful for having had those teachers. Those that indeed made us into better versions of ourselves.

That is how we should always look at events in life. Rather than simply listing the things we feel happy about, I think we should start to categorize events based on the impacts they have had in our lives. Some people find their love only after a divorce. Some find out their callings only after having to drop out of school. These activities can look bad from a distance, but their effects, in the end, are most impactful.

So before you begin today, consider some of those activities that are currently happening in your life that seems to not be immediately the best things, simply be present in the current moment and learn all that you have to from all these events. In the end, it would all make sense.

Look back at the year 2017 and not only list your accomplishments, but also those events that have brought you to where you are today. Seek to learn from every event and be a better you, a better person than you were yesterday.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by faithogiga(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
azibit:

Thanks very much for sharing

You are welcome. Do well to share with your friends
Re: For Computer Science Students by mbz101(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
We buy and sell Bitcoin and other digital money

For ur online Clean E-marketing tools
Php Mailer:$15
Cp:$15
Rdp:$15
Google voice:$10
Webmail:$15
VPN No logs $30 yr

Take note as will are solution provide for accounts and credit code

Amazon aws EC2 Active (3) Accounts $75 One Account is $30

Business verified Account Payza $60

$50 aws Credits | Srise 2017 $25

Digital Ocean $50 credit code $25

bing Ads coupon 200$ worldwide $50

Tinkoff Bank wallet + verified iD+ virtual MasterCard $50

Verified USA paypal merchant account worldwide $60
Note: REQUIREMENT: you must have an active payoneer account, which is free to open.

BUSINESS Paypal Verified Account w/ Transaction History $100

Crypters & binders software MegaPack 60+ items $85

Stealth PayPal account age 2010+ Bank+card+Cookies $100

Lynda and Udemy with github account lifetime $20

payoneer.com USA GBP EUR approved account not used $45

Premium Linkedin.com 119$/month 1 month is included $50

Windows 10 PRO x64 Pre-Activated Cracked OS iso $30

Account capitalist.net verification payment service $60

I'm legitimate business man . No games please..

Contact me to place order: 08051671260
Re: For Computer Science Students by inspirational93: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
click to download free PDF file on any topic and related courses on any topic(java,python,c++,c#,ruby,HTML,php)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: For Computer Science Students by ak22(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2017
azibit:
What Motivates a Programmer?
As I sat quietly listening to one of my bosses explain why he wanted to really change environment of work, it did occur to me that programmers were not a normal type of employee. What do I mean my that?

He did not really complain about the salary, but continuously explained that he was no longer feeling challenged in his work. Some employees would not mind continuing at the same task for the rest of their lives but the life of a programmer is way different. After listening to his story, I did grab some things about what motivates programmers.

Problem Solving: A programmer does not want to continue solving the same problem every day using the same technology or idea. A programmer loves to solve different problems at any time using different techniques and methods he/she can lay their hands upon. Doing the same task daily does not create a source of joy for a programmer and when a programmer does not change tasks, he feels frustrated and demoralized. So for any company who has developers, endeavor to keep programmers more challenged with different issues daily rather than having to remain at the same task.

Autonomy: A programmer would really love to move at a certain pace on a project and not be delayed because of certain factors. Having to wait for certain things to happen before a programmer can get back to solving problems is one of the greatest problems programmers face. Ability to choose what to work on, time schedule and technology to use are some of the decisions programmers love to be involved in and not to be simply pushed into doing something because that is what the employer wants. I have never seen any programmer who wants to deliberately fail, so if a programmer is given the opportunity, the only thing I know is the programmer would always do his best.

Growth: Any organization that wants to keep a programmer must be such that the programmer grows. Growth means being better than the person you were yesterday as a programmer. Becoming a better problem solver using various skills and techniques are some ways a programmer sees growth. A programmer would want to be able to see an idea and simply think of a better way to solve the problem than is already available. Without growth, this is not possible.

Beyond these few points, I would also advise that for any programmer to remain motivated and developing, some personal habits have to be inculcated. Some are:
Reading
Being Religious
Exercising
Eating Good Food
Sleep

These extra few habits would in a long way build a developer even before he seeks for further means of development from his/her environment. The highest point of any programmer I believe is to develop a solution to a problem in a way no one has ever conceived of.
Keep being motivated and become more better.
Thanks for Reading

Good evening all , what advice would you give for a beginner with no prior knowledge but has passion and interest in programing. Route to take, as in programming language to start up the journey. Thanks

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2018
ak22:

Good evening all , what advice would you give for a beginner with no prior knowledge but has passion and interest in programing. Route to take, as in programming language to start up the journey. Thanks

Hi,
It is fascinating to learn that you are interested in seeking a path in Programming.

Check out this link and let me know what you make of it. We can continue from there
https://codeburst.io/what-programming-language-should-i-learn-f3f164ca376c
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2018
A Thousand Place I’ll Rather Be
Life can be very challenging going as far as trying to challenge the very core beliefs we hold dear to our hearts. We face enormous challenges every day and we sometimes wish we gave up even before we started. We dream of those days when we would simply sit at the beach all day simply enjoying what nature has provided us with.

But clearly, it goes beyond simply thinking about what we want, but also going out there and striving for it. In doing that only can we achieve the success we have for long been thinking of.

A thousand place I’ll rather be is a poem by Mariya Sidi that clearly shows the life of a hardworking medical student who wished she could be somewhere else rather than remaining in the hospital, taking rounds, and many more. She wished she could close her eyes just for a minute as her eyes simply could not hold on any longer but her brain keeps explaining why that might not be the best thing to do.

Many more experiences of this wonderful medical student have simply caused me to sit and reflect on the challenges we all face daily. We simply wish all the challenges were over and we did not have to deal with any of them. But no matter what, to be successful in life, you would need to be ready for the challenges ahead,

Being ready does not mean you would not get tired. Being ready means you are aware that the worst might happen but you are optimistic that you would live through. You have a mindset that believes that you would persist and persevere.

Even with the thoughts of all the other activities, you could be doing, you would choose to do the very honorable things. Those that require that you put in your best at all times.

You would wish to rather be watching a movie than working out. You would prefer to remain in bed when you should be awake early in the morning to serve your Lord. You would wish you did not have to do some things but you still need to persevere and carry on.

To be able at any point to give up what you are for what you want to become is one of the greatest traits of great people. A thousand thoughts of all the interesting things you could be doing right now that might simply bring short-term happiness would cloud your mind all day, but continue to persist and never let those thoughts overpower you.

The world is yours to conquer but first, you would have to fight those thousand thoughts of where else you could be.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
Be In The Present
Have you ever been present physically somewhere but your thoughts seemed somewhere else? Have you ever had some thoughts run through your mind that takes you away from the present? These type of thoughts seem to bring the past back to the present or seem to bring the future to the present.

In any case, you are not physically present where you are and all you thoughts does is to take you to that imaginary world where all you can see our emotions or what could have happened if you were either in the past or the future.

The present is all we have. The past is gone and the future is yours now in some hours or days to come. Come to think of it, your current present was a future you have longed for and now that it is here, all you want to do is to seek another future. Whatever the case may be, always seek to be present in all that you do. Now is all that you have.

That does not mean that you would not think about what happened in the past, or what you hope to happen in the future. What you have to do is to make the best use of all that you have around you now hoping that tomorrow comes with great rewards for your actions today.

You do not really have to figure everything out before you begin to be in the present. The idea that everything is not figured out is what makes the present most important. How then can you plan for something that is not certain while you have what is certain right in front of you right now?

The next minute is not certain, the next hour is not certain. Your past experience might not have been the best experience ever. So that means all that you have is now to create the best version of yourself. Whatever happens, remember that all you have is NOW.

Some people are currently seeking to have what you currently have. Some people only seek to have the situation you are currently in, but why then would you not make the best use of it.

Seek to be present in your everyday task and continue to pursue greatness. Greatness lies in the use of all that you have NOW because NOW is all that you have.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2018
You Are What You Read
Reading is the way we learn about a lot of things, from knowledge to the experiences of others. So for one to gain more knowledge and experience, one of such ways would be to read. Well, you actually can learn the knowledge and experience without having to read, but that would mean that you would have to create the knowledge yourself and to experience all the situations yourself. But well, that is highly unlikely.

So, therefore, one of the ways we can seek to create a better version of ourselves is in reading. How long has it been since you decided to read a book? Reading is a part of life and something that should become almost as important as eating or sleeping.

By reading, you are able to live the lives of a lot of people through the experiences and knowledge they share from what they write. Reading about knowledge other people have sort out to find is another way you become more knowledgeable. In a world where we want to get the information as soon as possible, we decide to go for the summarized versions and simply hope to gain all the information from the summary.

I am not saying that reading summary is bad, I am simply advocating that if you want the full knowledge, then you must follow the hard way, the only way. Read the whole book and get to learn more.

As the world continues to grow, people can only grow if they have a certain value to add to life, but some of these values are written deep down in books. Values we might not find unless we take time out to read more.

Reading comes in a lot of ways, but I would greatly advise you pick a book and try to gain the knowledge and idea involved in the book. It matters that you do because the wealth of knowledge in such books can only be explored when you read.

Beyond reading, you would also need to create and document your own experience. What best way then is available if not writing about it? And the best way to create the best experience is if you have read books others have written about their own experiences.

It matters that you read every day. The world needs more people to read. That is what was said to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) “Read in the name of your Lord” and I say the same to you today READ.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
The Production And Production Capability Principle
There was once a poor farmer who had a goose. One day, he saw one of the eggs of the geese looking very different. On further investigation, he realized that the geese had laid a golden egg. The egg was completely gold. The next day, the geese did the same thing. Little by little, the farmer became very wealthy and one day decided he could no longer wait for the geese to lay the eggs one after the other. He decided to kill the geese and remove all the eggs at once. Well, after killing the geese, he found nothing.

This story might sound familiar to you or not, but it sounds like a very silly thing to do. Despite how silly this story looks, many of us still continue to pursue this concept in our daily lives.

The human body is more like the geese that lay golden eggs every day. That is the production. The farmer was not focused on the production, rather he was focused on the production capability, the golden eggs the geese laid every day. Similarly, we are also more focused on what we do and how to do more neglecting the most important part which is our body. We continue in the pursuit of our daily bread without seeking to maintain the engine that produces the daily bread.

This happens in a lot of aspects of our lives. In our marriages and other relationships, we are more focused on what we can get out of the relationship rather than focus on your partner in the relationship and how to make the relationship works.
It matters that we continue to strive to be better at our jobs, families, and relationships but we should never neglect the engine that produces all that we are seeking. In our jobs, it matters that we focus not only on our salaries but also on the company which is, in essence, the machine that produces our salary.

The story of the farmer might not look so serious but take a step back and look at how much of your life’s production is properly maintained. We are all too focused on the production capability that we forget the source.

It is never too late to start. Begin with the small things, your health, your family, and your environment. These are what creates almost everything we call ours today, but if we neglect it and do not take care of it, it would simply break down one day and there would be no way to get it back to its proper life.

It matters that we all begin to reflect on the things that are very important in our lives rather than simply taking some things for granted. Life is too short to live a life of regret in the end. It is not too late to take better care of your production engine. When you do that, your production capability would definitely improve.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by DeLaker(m): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Programming doesn't cost you lots of money, it cost you time, power, PC, and your dedication matters a lot... try start with simple codes and gradually go dynamic, good luck to the new programmers out there, you've chosen the right path (Y)

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by Towbaba500(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Weldone @ azibit,m just a Newbie Who just gain admission to Study comp Sci In ui.advise Me On BOoks to read aNd materials nEeded

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2018
Towbaba500:
Weldone @ azibit,m just a Newbie Who just gain admission to Study comp Sci In ui.advise Me On BOoks to read aNd materials nEeded

Hi @Towbaba500, that would depend on a lot of things like what you would like to focus on in school and the university you are in, but the first and the most important is excellence everywhere you find yourself.

So seek to get the books you would be using in school and begin to understand the computer science concepts in them. That is what would take you further than someone who did not study computer science.

This is a huge topic and I would really like us to continue this conversation. You can send me a direct message so that we can continue on a personal level. Hoping to hear from you soon
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2018
Winning Is Overrated
It is not about whether you win or lose, it is that you give your best in the end that matters

As a kid, I remember the only position that mattered at the end of every term in school was whether you came first, second or third. Every other person was looked upon as needing a kind of divine mercy to succeed in life.

Looking back now at those days, it seems that those celebrated successes and uncelebrated failures did not really add up. Does it mean that does who excelled then still excel today? The answer is obvious and if the success of yesterday did not determine if someone would still be successful today, how then do we continue to worship winning as it was the end goal.

Do not get me wrong. Winning is worth celebrating but do not make that create an impression in your mind that simply because you lost today, you would not win tomorrow. It matters that you look back and see how much effort you had and how much effort you were able to expend towards that goal.

The most important thing to realize is that anything is achievable as long as you keep pushing forward. The idea that someone did it because he or she is talented is a mentality that needs to be fried out of your memory. The sheer amount of effort a talent puts into his/her work is simply so much that it would be difficult to not achieve the goal.

Imagine the number of works composed by the music prodigy Mozart, about 600 works. Think for a second how much music can anyone produce to become a prodigy. He started at a very early age and continued on that path. It simply meant that it was not the talent alone that bought it such success, the amount of effort put into the whole work was simply remarkable.

Consider the greatest basketballer of all times, Micheal Jordan. Consider the number of throws he had to make to achieve that status. How many people would be able to achieve that number of throws without becoming one of the very best?

It might be said that much more have made more throws or written more works and are yet not considered greater than these men. But one thing should already be clear by that. Such men are no longer the same people they were when they started. It simply meant that they developed and became better and in the end, all that would matter is that they gave their best.

It is not whether they out-performed Jordan or Mozart, it is that they have done the best they can do with the effort available to them. That is the key to handle a lot of our challenges today.

Seek to be victorious, but seek to be victorious over self first. Victory over self is being able to give your possible best at every time
When you get to the end and you gave your best, it would not matter whether you won or not, it would matter that you were able to win over yourself.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by Towbaba500(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2018
azibit:

Hi @Towbaba500, that would depend on a lot of things like what you would like to focus on in school and the university you are in, but the first and the most important is excellence everywhere you find yourself.

So seek to get the books you would be using in school and begin to understand the computer science concepts in them. That is what would take you further than someone who did not study computer science.

This is a huge topic and I would really like us to continue this conversation. You can send me a direct message so that we can continue on a personal level. Hoping to hear from you soon
Thanks for your comment sir.I just gained admission into the university of Ibadan to study computer science. I've to hit the ground running before lecture resume by march.That was why I'm searching for materials so i can get familiar with my course before resumption.
My problem now is where to go from here.I searched for materials on Google but it looks complex to me.Everything now look burdensome to me. That was why i asked for any learning materials you could recommend. I started learning web design last year but it seems I've not gotten anywhere.pls your pieces of advice is highly needed.thanks

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2018
Towbaba500:

Thanks for your comment sir.I just gained admission into the university of Ibadan to study computer science. I've to hit the ground running before lecture resume by march.That was why I'm searching for materials so i can get familiar with my course before resumption.
My problem now is where to go from here.I searched for materials on Google but it looks complex to me.Everything now look burdensome to me. That was why i asked for any learning materials you could recommend. I started learning web design last year but it seems I've not gotten anywhere.pls your pieces of advice is highly needed.thanks

Hi, Congratulations on your admission into one of the best schools in the Country. I am really happy for you. To discuss the materials you might need for school and others, it would be nice if we could get to talk better. You can call me up on 07069414970 to have a better-continued conversation and also try to connect with some of the students I know over there at UI.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2018
So I Have Been Evicted From Another Relationship
Let not the events in your life discourage you, but seek to learn as much as you can from it.

We all want to achieve what we set out for, but sometimes it does not work out the way we want. Same happened to me when I met this lovely lady, we spoke for a while and she finally said she was not interested in a relationship but we can be friends.

Looking at it one way, I lost a relationship but look at the other side. The number of successes involved in the process. Remember I am a guy who is very shy at speaking to ladies, but I spoke to this complete stranger and we are now friends. Imagine the confidence I have now been able to build.

Beyond that, she only said no to the relationship but that we can still be friends. Well, another friend on my list of real friends. This might sound like trying to console myself but when you look at this from that perspective, you might be right. But well, who cares.
Your situation might not have been a relationship gone south, it might have been a plan you so much wanted to accomplish. Whatever it is, you can always learn from the action and gain the best lessons you can from the experience.

Looking back now, I have realized that my level of confidence in speaking to a complete stranger has improved and I look forward to using this level of confidence in all areas of my life. In the end, it is a win-win situation for me.

Seek to find the good sides of the experiences in your life. It might not go as you planned, but it might have gone the best way possible.
Keep this in mind that just because it did not work out does not mean you failed, it might mean that you have simply learned from life that this option is not viable.

Look to life with an optimistic mindset that what you missed was never meant for you and what is for you would definitely find its way to you. You simply have to keep trying. Only when you try can you get it.
So go out there today and live with all the best that you can. Never let any experience remove that greatness in you. Setbacks are simply trying to set you in the right direction. You might have been moving very fast in the very wrong direction and you simply need to be refocused on the important things.

Life might not always give us all that we want, but we can always learn from these experiences to become better. The choice is seriously yours to make. Are you going to be sad about what happened or seek to learn from it? Start NOW.
Thanks and God Bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Differences Between High & Low Level Languages? / Python Programming / Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.