Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion (2614 Views)

The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) / RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2016
It is always paradoxical how Nigeria is so religious and yet so corrupt. We as Nigerians always wonder if God has forsaken us. Fortunately, it is not a question of God forgetting Nigerians but a reality of Nigerians forgetting how to love thy neighbour and treating themselves with respect.

The Redemption Camp event is a scourge to any driver in Lagos on every first Friday of the month. Many routes are blocked with traffic, which is caused by thousands of people going from Lagos to the Redeemed Camp in Ogun state. Furthermore, the event also creates a problem for those coming or going into Lagos through the particular route.

One has to truly wonder if The Redeemed Church that runs the Redemption Camp cares that it causes a lot of problems for people on the first Fridays of every month? What truly stops the church from deciding to tell its members to arrive on Saturday mornings so as to reduce the traffic? Why was the Redemption camp event set on a weekday and not on a weekend?

I truly want to ask Redeemed church members if they like to be a nuisance to people driving on Friday afternoons. Why must your church inconvenience others who are not your church members?

Honestly, if Nigeria was a better country, the government should continuously fine the redeemed church until it finds a way to stop causing traffic and inconveniencing innocent Lagosians. What many people don't realise is that there are a lot of accidents during such traffic. But then, the church does not care.

The summary of all this is that the typical Nigerian is a religiously intolerant person that will walk over people's bodies to go and worship God. I wonder what then is the person worshiping if he or she cannot empathize with his or her fellow human being.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by EHMIR(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2016
Icantfit believe that i spend 2hrs yestrday on d road frm alausa to gbagada,after spending an hr on d bus stop waiting for buses

because of this so called redemption campsad

2 Likes

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by mii4u(f): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2016
I don't understand ur anger cos even schools, market place also cause a lot of traffic. The rccg convention is just once on a month and u are complaining

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by KingRex1(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
It's a terror to motorists n passengers

3 Likes

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2016
mii4u:
I don't understand ur anger cos even schools, market place also cause a lot of traffic. The rccg convention is just once on a month and u are complaining

Schools do not block a whole state. The worst a school or market will do is block one street.

Please, have some empathy. People are suffering. A lot of cars broke down yesterday- finished fuel or overheating.

5 Likes

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by Medicis(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2016
EHMIR:
Icantfit believe that i spend 2hrs yestrday on d road frm alausa to gbagada,after spending an hr on d bus stop waiting for buses

It's not because of redemption camp, it's as result of the repairs being done on Lagos ibadan express way
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by EHMIR(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2016
Medicis:
It's not because of redemption camp, it's as result of the repairs being done on Lagos ibadan express way
my brother,redemption camp has been causing traffic since d days of father Abraham,yestrday's was just one of those regular traffics of every first friday of d month

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by micfoley: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2016
I just hope that when the road construction is completed that things will be better. I've experienced the traffic jam and it's not funny
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2016
Medicis:

Even without the repairs, there is still a lot of traffic
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by Pwhitelaw(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2016
mii4u:
...... Why won't he complain. If you get stuck on that road you will understand better. Their activities should not create problem for people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2016
EHMIR:

I spent 3hrs on the road for a 30 min journey

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by eph12(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2016
Those guys are beginning to annoy me. You have to spend triple the usual amount and much longer hours to ply that route whenever they have their programme. Why can't people just stay at home and watch it on the satellite?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by DeSepiero(m): 9:16am On Nov 05, 2016
You can't blame the RCCG management for that. Government owes the citizens some responsibilities.
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by ever811(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2016
oga...touch not our anointed and do our prophet no harm...don't worry they will soon tell you this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2016
DeSepiero:
You can't blame the RCCG management for that. Government owes the citizens some responsibilities.

I blame both. Both are failing Nigerians.....
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
oga...touch not our anointed and do our prophet no harm...don't worry they will soon tell you this...

I know. That's their poor mentality....
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by BossLadyF(f): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2016
Truth is you can't stop people from worshipping God. Every Holy Ghost conference, people come in from other states and even politicians go for it. They know what they want.

I think the govt should create alternative routes or is there any? RCCG has populations and you can't stop people from trooping in and considering the location, it won't be easy.
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2016
BossLadyF:
Truth is you can't stop people from worshipping God. Every Holy Ghost conference, people come in from other states and even politicians go for it. They know what they want.

I think the govt should create alternative routes or is there any? RCCG has populations and you can't stop people from trooping in and considering the location, it won't be easy.

Really? If the Govt throws a 2 billion naira fine at RCCG, what then?

Jokes aside, the church has to show compassion. They should do some logistics.

-they could move it to saturday mornings so that people get there without causing that much traffic.

The government should also look into it

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by BossLadyF(f): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2016
JackBizzle:

Really? If the Govt throws a 2 billion naira fine at RCCG, what then?

Jokes aside, the church has to show compassion. They should do some logistics.

-they could move it to saturday mornings so that people get there without causing that much traffic.

The government should also look into it

Its a vigil. Even if they say its a Saturday morning meeting, the road will still be blocked on Friday cos of travelers that will want to be in camp on Friday against the Saturday meeting and even that Saturday will also be blocked.

For me, it shows how people long for God.
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2016
BossLadyF:

Its a vigil. Even if they say its a Saturday morning meeting, the road will still be blocked on Friday cos of travelers that will want to be in camp on Friday against the Saturday meeting and even that Saturday will also be blocked.

For me, it shows how people long for God.

Because God lives in redemption camp.

Bunch of fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by BossLadyF(f): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2016
JackBizzle:

Because God lives in redemption camp.

Bunch of fools.

Nice to know you have nothing but a myopic mind. If you read "God's general" you'll be happy we have God's generals in our generation.

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2016
BossLadyF:

Nice to know you have nothing but a myopic mind. If you read "God's general" you'll be happy we have God's generals in our generation.

You are a heartless person who would walk over a person's body to worship God.

Look at Nigeria- with all our "God's generals" why are we still corrupt?

It is because people like you and the RCCG have become pharisees and hypocrites- claiming to be worshipping God but yet, do not care about your fellow man.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by BossLadyF(f): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2016
JackBizzle:

You are a heartless person who would walk over a person's body to worship God.

Look at Nigeria- with all our "God's generals" why are we still corrupt?

It is because people like you and the RCCG have become pharisees and hypocrites- claiming to be worshipping God but yet, do not care about your fellow man.

*lips sealed* not because I have nothing to say but because am too neat to fight dirty with you when I know you're used to it.

Don't quote or mention me again undecided

2 Likes

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2016
BossLadyF:

*lips sealed* not because I have nothing to say but because am too neat to fight dirty with you when I know you're used to it.

Don't quote or mention me again undecided

F4ck off

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:

haha....that's how they do
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by plaetton: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
mii4u:
So we should be happy that your worship only inconveniences us once in a month?

You're confirming that you are all hypocrites who cannot practice rhe the most basic teaching of Jesus: Love your neighbors, and Treat others as you would like them to treat you.

How can you ever profess to love God when you're incapable of loving and showing consideration for your fellow human beings !

I have always said that Nigerian evangelical Christianity is a scourge.

1 Like

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by akintom(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
JackBizzle:

It is always paradoxical how Nigeria is so religious and yet so corrupt. We as Nigerians always wonder if God has forsaken us. Fortunately, it is not a question of God forgetting Nigerians but a reality of Nigerians forgetting how to love thy neighbour and treating themselves with respect.

The Redemption Camp event is a scourge to any driver in Lagos on every first Friday of the month. Many routes are blocked with traffic, which is caused by thousands of people going from Lagos to the Redeemed Camp in Ogun state. Furthermore, the event also creates a problem for those coming or going into Lagos through the particular route.

One has to truly wonder if The Redeemed Church that runs the Redemption Camp cares that it causes a lot of problems for people on the first Fridays of every month? What truly stops the church from deciding to tell its members to arrive on Saturday mornings so as to reduce the traffic? Why was the Redemption camp event set on a weekday and not on a weekend?

I truly want to ask Redeemed church members if they like to be a nuisance to people driving on Friday afternoons. Why must your church inconvenience others who are not your church members?

Honestly, if Nigeria was a better country, the government should continuously fine the redeemed church until it finds a way to stop causing traffic and inconveniencing innocent Lagosians. What many people don't realise is that there are a lot of accidents during such traffic. But then, the church does not care.

The summary of all this is that the typical Nigerian is a religiously intolerant person that will walk over people's bodies to go and worship God. I wonder what then is the person worshiping if he or she cannot empathize with his or her fellow human being.

Everything about religion and religious beliefs are grossly irritating to the rational minds.

Religious folks, no matter how literate or educated they are, they all become disgustingly intolerant and murderous, once they get infected with religious beliefs virus.

It's pathetic.

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by tee4naija(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
Honestly, people can be so daft. Instead of you to call a spade a spade, u are busy rationalizing the Church's action. That schools and market places do it is not a justification for a church to do it. A church ( or any religious organization for that matter) is supposed to be a model for moral standards. One can only imagine the hardship that motorists and travellers go through every time the Church is having its programs. Aside preventable accidents, armed robbers often take advantage of the situation to dispossess people of their belongings on several occasions. Now, what if an accident victim, a woman in labour, or an applicant going for an interview is being held up in the traffic just because some people are practising their owe religion? We should learn to condemn these unwholesome practices irrespective of who is involved.
mii4u:
Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by JackBizzle: 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
plaetton:

Do we should be happy that your worship only inconveniences us once in a month?

You're confirming that you are all hypocrites who cannot practice rhe the most basic teaching of Jesus: Love your neighbors, and Treat others as you would like them to treat you.

How can you ever profess to love God when you're incapable of loving and showing consideration for your fellow human beings !

I have always said that Nigerian evangelical Christianity is a scourge.

@Bold;

It has been one of the biggest sources of misinformation and foolishness in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by Niflheim(m): 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
@jack bizzle,

You dey mind them?!!! Hypocrisy is the central supporting pillar of the "s.hit-infested edifice", otherwise known as christianity!!!

Re: Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion by frubben(m): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
BossLadyF:

And how has the God's general benefit Nigeria? Please

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Man Wicked And Evil? / An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / 7 Most Influential Nigerian Pastors Wit Unique Trademarks(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.