Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,883 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother (983 Views)

The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2019
The Biblical Jesus is not a very good role model to follow when it comes to knowing how to speak to your mother. Let us observe how the Biblical Jesus spoke to his mother...

John 2:3-4
3When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine." 4"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied, "My time has not yet come."

This is definitely not an appropriate way to speak to your mother. "Why do you involve me?" How can a respectable role model say such a thing to his mother?

Donald Arthur (D. A.) Carson says.
The form of address, gynai ('Dear Woman'), though thoroughly courteous, is not normally an endearing term, nor the form of address preffered by a son addressing a much loved mother. (D.A. Carson, The Pillar New Testament Commentary: The Gospel According to John, Commentary on John 2:1-11, p. 170)

One might argue back that Jesus' statement to his mother was not rude. However, as D.A. Carson indirectly admits, Jesus could (and should if he is the perfect example to follow) have chosen his words better when speaking to his mother.

In another passage, the Biblical Jesus says....

Matthew 12:47-49
Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."[a]
He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

New Testament scholar Craig L. Blomberg says in his commentary:
Jesus does not directly address his family but does implicitly rebuke them. They deserve no preferential treatment. Human kinship does not take priority over spiritual kinship, and Jesus is busy ministering to crowds that include his spiritual family. On calling disciples his brothers, cf. Heb 2:11; also cf. Matthew 28:10. The 'will of God', as through out Matthew, means obedience to God's commands by following Jesus. Matthew does say what Mary thought of her unusual son at this point in his career, but the most natural reading of Mark 3:21 would include her among those who thought he was 'out of his mind'. His brothers are singularly unimpressed and in no way yet his supporters (cf. John 7:1-5). Given the strong family ties in ancient Palestine, Jesus' attitude here would have proved as shocking as in 8:22 and 10:37. (Craig L. Blomberg, The New American Commentary, Commentary on Matthew 12:48-50, pp. 208-209, added emphasis is mine)

It appears that even Jesus' mother and disciples had a problem with his attitude (to the extent that they thought he was out of his mind!).
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2019
You are right, that Jesus wasn't a great example in the sight of the world who are ignorant of the Truth, that Jesus was also the Lord of His mother!

2 Likes

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
You are right, that Jesus wasn't a great example in the sight of the world who are ignorant of the Truth, that Jesus was also the Lord of His mother!

Let me also add that "Mary is also the Mother of God"

grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Let me also add that "Mary is also the Mother of God"

grin
But you could never add that Mary was God. wink
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Dec 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
But you could never add that Mary was God.

Yes, but I add that The father (God) is the father of Jesus (God)
Mary is the Mother of Jesus(God)
Mary is the Mother of God.
Joseph is the foster father of God.
Even the Mother of God had other children. God has sibling!

Shall i continue? cool
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Yes, but I add that The father (God) is the father of Jesus (God)

Shall i continue? cool
You can continue until you can add that Mary was God, then you can stop.

By the was, the Father of Jesus was also God. wink
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
You can continue until you can add that Mary was God, then you can stop.

By the was, the Father of Jesus was also God. wink

The father (God) is the father of Jesus (God)
Joseph and Mary were afraid that the evil king will kill God so they fled. They protected God from death!
Jesus (God) was circumcised as a kid.
Jesus (God) was suckled by Mary the Mother of God.
Jesus (God) wept.
Jesus (God) spend a couple of Months in the womb of his Mother!
Who can tell us the relationship between Mary (Mother of God) and the father( Father of God)?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Joseph and Mary were afraid that the evil king will kill God so they fled. They protected God from death!
Jesus (God) wept.
Who can tell us the relationship between Mary (Mother of God) and the father( Father of God)?
You should continue until you can tell me that Mary was also God, then you stop.

Being a mother of God doesn't make you God.

God is God, man is man.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by BlueAngel444: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2019
This whole thing is amusing, because Jesus was a man

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2019
BlueAngel444:
This whole thing is amusing, because Jesus was a man

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know
Acts 2:22
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
You should continue until you can tell me that Mary was also God, then you stop.

Being a mother of God doesn't make you God.

God is God, man is man.

Mary too is God, If she can give birth to God. isn't she God? God beget God! Humans beget human!

Only Jesus is son of God and Son of man at the same time!

100% God +100% human= 200% Hoax
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
Jesus was Allah's prophet and Mary (Jesus' mother) knew that Jesus can't be her own son!

WHY?

First of all the children she planned to have and train were the ones she had through sexual relation with her husband (Joseph)! Mark 6:3

Secondly before Jesus' birth, Mary visited her auntie Elizabeth (old enough to be Mary's mother) and at the hearing of Mary's knock on the door, Elizabeth exclaimed "the mother of MY LORD came visiting me"! Luke 1:41-43

If Elizabeth old enough to born Mary could address the yet unborn Jesus as "LORD", how could he be Mary's son? Matthew 22:45

Mary gave birth to Jesus, breastfed him and brought him up as her own son until the day Jesus went to John the baptist, he was baptized and that was the moment he started his work as God's anointed son, NO MORE THE SON OF MARY because Allah has blessed Mary's marriage to her husband with many children, she must forgo Allah's son now to go and do Allah's work for which he was born! smiley

So Jesus has been baptized by then and God's holy spirit have anointed him as Lord and Christ, Mary thought it's still the same Jesus she breastfed from cradle not knowing that Jesus is now a powerful prophet foretold long ago to be the Messiah (Saviour) of the whole world!

He is now Lord of all! smiley
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maximus69:
Jesus was Allah's prophet and Mary (Jesus' mother) knew that Jesus can't be her own son!

WHY?

First of all the children she planned to have and train were the ones she had through sexual relation with her husband (Joseph)! Mark 6:3

Secondly before Jesus' birth, Mary visited her auntie Elizabeth (old enough to be Mary's mother) and at the hearing of Mary's knock on the door, Elizabeth exclaimed "the mother of MY LORD came visiting me"! Luke 1:41-43

If Elizabeth old enough to born Mary could address the yet unborn Jesus as "LORD", how could he be Mary's son? Matthew 22:45

Mary gave birth to Jesus, breastfed him and brought him up as her own son until the day Jesus went to John the baptist, he was baptized and that was the moment he started his work as God's anointed son, NO MORE THE SON OF MARY because Allah has blessed Mary's marriage to her husband with many children, she must forgo Allah's son now to go and do Allah's work for which he was born! smiley

So Jesus has been baptized by then and God's holy spirit have anointed him as Lord and Christ, Mary thought it's still the same Jesus she breastfed from cradle not knowing that Jesus is now a powerful prophet foretold long ago to be the Messiah (Saviour) of the whole world!

He is now Lord of all! smiley

Stop diverting the Topic! Stop acting dumb! Calling someone Lord makes him God? Then who is Lord Lugard?

Jesus (God) wept.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
This are vain arguments

The life of a child comes from the father...

Mary was a vessel
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Stop diverting the Topic! Stop acting dumb! Calling someone Lord makes him God? Then who is Lord Lugard?

Jesus (God) wept.

Calm down my Baby Muslim friend, don't flair up now! cheesy

Jesus served as God just as Moses also served as God! Exodus 7:1

But both of them were born and breastfed by their mothers.

The difference between Moses and Jesus is that Allah foretold that Mary a virgin will become pregnant through his holy spirit!

If Hadiza is pregnant and she was asked "who impregnated you" and she confidently answered "Antichristian", everyone will ask you if it's true.
If you confirmed that it's true and Hadiza finally delivered a bouncing baby boy, whose son is the child? cheesy

Jesus was Allah's son but he had no power to protect himself as a baby just as Moses who also served as God had no such power as a baby! smiley

It's the erroneous doctrine of TRINITY that you're basing all your argument upon, so stop lying that you're not a Muslim, i know the utterances of a Muslim when i hear one because i was once a Muslim and i know how shallow we do think! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Calm down my Baby Muslim friend, don't flair up now! cheesy

Jesus served as God just as Moses also served as God! Exodus 7:1

But both of them were born and breastfed by their mothers.

The difference between Moses and Jesus is that Allah foretold that Mary a virgin will become pregnant through his holy spirit!

If Hadiza is pregnant and she was asked "who impregnated you" and she confidently answered "Antichristian", everyone will ask you if it's true.
If you confirmed that it's true and Hadiza finally delivered a bouncing baby boy, whose son is the child? cheesy

Jesus was Allah's son but he had no power to protect himself as a baby just as Moses who also served as God had no such power as a baby! smiley

It's the erroneous doctrine of TRINITY that you're basing all your argument upon, so stop lying that you're not a Muslim, i know the utterances of a Muslim when i hear one because i was once a Muslim and i know how shallow we do think! cheesy

Get behind me Satan!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Get behind me Satan!

Please where is Satan? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Please where is Satan? cheesy
You are the Satan disturbing my life!
Don't you recognise Jesus' words again?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:
You are the Satan disturbing my life!
Don't you recognise Jesus' words again?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! cheesy

Praise JEHOVAH, i've performed a miracle! grin

So the utterances of the prophet of Allah is no more a "THRASH"!

Soon i'll turn you to become a Christian, sebi you're now quoting words of Jesus as written in the Bible instead of your so called Muhammad! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! cheesy

Praise JEHOVAH, i've performed a miracle! grin

So the utterances of the prophet of Allah is no more a "THRASH"!

Soon i'll turn you to become a Christian, sebi you're now quoting words of Jesus as written in the Bible instead of your so called Muhammad! cheesy

Anyone following this thread would see you as a dummy! The Jesus you are carrying is calling one of his disciples Satan and your are here chanting Wow Wow, No be Wow na How!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Anyone following this thread would see you as a dummy! The Jesus you are carrying is calling one of his disciples Satan and your are here chanting Wow Wow, No be Wow na How!

Hmmmmmmmmm it's great having you quote the very words of Jesus of the Bible, the one you've been insulting all this while!

Can you now see that Jesus is your Lord? cheesy

Even after insulting him, you have come back to bow before the Lord by quoting his words as authentic way to reproof your adversary! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by AntiChristian: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmmm it's great having you quote the very words of Jesus of the Bible, the one you've been insulting all this while!

Can you now see that Jesus is your Lord? cheesy

Even after insulting him, you have come back to bow before the Lord by quoting his words as authentic way to reproof your adversary! cheesy

Why are you so foolish like this? OK, Let me quote more of your Jesus' words!

Here Jesus calls you snake and later foolish!
Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

You are a foolish Snake of Jesus! grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
AntiChristian:

Why are you so foolish like this? OK, Let me quote more of your Jesus' words!

Here Jesus calls you snake and later foolish!
Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

You are a foolish Snake of Jesus! grin

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

More and more and more quotes from the words of Jesus of the Bible!

Where are the words of Muhammad? undecided

Jesus is Lord! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by akeensbussy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Religion still remain Scam...you are both arguing on the lies you had been fed and brainwash with from Childhood.... Aja toba ti fe sonu, koni gbo fere olode.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
akeensbussy:
Religion still remain Scam...you are both arguing on the lies you had been fed and brainwash with from Childhood.... Aja toba ti fe sonu, koni gbo fere olode.

Sé o lè fara balè láti jíròrò pèlú opolo pípé? smiley

Nítorí òwe tí o pa yen nio.

Ó fé jo bí eni pé ìwo gangan ni ajá tó ti sonù náà! undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Issue Of First Fruit / A Speechless But Sincere Sinner's Prayer / It's Not A War Against Black People Its A War Against God And His People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.