Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

See What Happened When A Receptionist Gave Her Crush A Christmas Card - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What Happened When A Receptionist Gave Her Crush A Christmas Card (787 Views)

Unilag Student Gets Bouquet Of Dollars From Her Crush (video) / Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Crush On Twitter (Photos) / Lady Tries To Convice Her Crush To Date Her. His Response Is heartbreaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened When A Receptionist Gave Her Crush A Christmas Card by positivestory: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2016
When I was a senior in high school, I worked at a Root Beer Drive-In. I would get off earlier than my friend, Judie, who was employed at the local café. I liked to wait there until she was done with her shift. Mostly because I saw this good-looking guy eating there from time to time.

I encouraged Judie to find out about him. She gradually questioned him and learned that he worked for the railroad. More important, he wasn’t married.

I knew he wouldn’t pay any attention to a high school girl, so I waited until I graduated to pursue him. I got a job as a secretary at the local bank. Sure enough, I was in the perfect place to find him again. My gentleman came in twice a month to do business. I told my mom I wanted to meet this certain fella but didn’t know how to go about it. She said, “Send him a card.”

It was nearly Christmas, so I picked out a card with an elf wearing a bell on his cap. I signed it from “an admiring blonde receptionist” and mailed it to him. Instead of stamping the envelope with a return address, I ran the card through the postal meter at the bank. My gentleman was forced to ask Ernie at the post office which businesses in town had postal meters.

“There’s only one,” Ernie said, “and it belongs to the local bank.”

The day my mother’s advice came to fruition, I was wearing a red jacket with a black-and-white skirt. I watched him scan the bank until his eyes found me. My fella came straight to the receptionist desk and asked me out; there and then, I was sure my cheeks turned as red as my jacket.

I didn’t want to act too eager, though. I told him I couldn’t go out that week because my grandma was visiting. He took it well, and we rescheduled our date for New Year’s Eve. We dated steadily from that day on and married in early May.

A year later, I came across the same Christmas card. I sent it to him again, signed from “an admiring blonde wife.”

Source: The Positive Story - http://www.thepositivestory.info/2016/11/see-what-happened-when-receptionist.html

1 Like

Re: See What Happened When A Receptionist Gave Her Crush A Christmas Card by femolacqua(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2016
You lucky.
Re: See What Happened When A Receptionist Gave Her Crush A Christmas Card by theNOISEmaker: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
story story story..

(1) (Reply)

You Guys Know What This Means / To All D Ladies Dat Love Forming.. / Lady For A Serious Relationship!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.