Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink (1779 Views)

How To Make a DESKTOP Executable Software Using PHP,MYSQL,SQLITE / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service / Pls I Need Help In My Final Year Project:creating An Online Recruitment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by bug24(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2009
Guyz, pls i need help:

I just created an auto run cd for a media company. This CD contains setup for their client's internet connectivity setup.
I created all the effizy around the stuff with flash but where am having problem is this. When someone clicks on the link that leads to the executable, it tries to download, u know when you are tryina download somethin from the net, it asks u, do u wanna open or save?

WHat i want is for this application to launch and start installing on the computer. i dont want the SAVE AS whateva,

can some one help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? cry cry cry
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by sweetpawn2: 12:05am On Oct 30, 2009
Hey Bug24, relax!
There are some details that are not too clear to me yet but from what I gather, you are trying to build an autorun flash application with some flash editor.
If I am correct, then try to search for the topic, 'How to launch exe application with flash'
Hope that helps. . .
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by bug24(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2009
No, i guess u dont understand me, its like you link to a .exe file from a html page and u want it to run the installer, not to appear as SAVE AS , or OPEN dialogue,

i need it to launch the installer for the .exe at once

got me right now?
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by sweetpawn2: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2009
Sadly , I still dont get you!
Could you state step by step what you want to do and what tools / software you intend to use so we dont end up misunderstanding ourselves .
Still, let me assume this is what you mean:
There is a setup file on a cd you want to give out.
Instead of just clicking on the setup, you want to present an interface containing 'stories' from which the user can click a link that will start the setup file directly.
I am assuming that you are using a webpage with embedded flash content -
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by sweetpawn2: 10:55am On Nov 01, 2009
Could you state step by step what you want to do and what tools / software you intend to use so we dont end up misunderstanding ourselves .
Instead of just clicking on the setup, you want to present an interface containing 'stories' from which the user can click a link that will start the setup file directly.
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by sweetpawn2: 11:23am On Nov 01, 2009
Re: Help On Creating An Auto Executable Hyperlink by sweetpawn2: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2009
There is no way you can launch a .exe file using the <a> tag.
However, with the help of an embedded javascript code you can launch it:
View code sample here : www.dotnetspider.com/resources/19547-Run-exe-file-Java-Script.aspx

Please, if that is not what you want, still explain in details what you want.

(1) (Reply)

Front-end Web Development Guidelines For Beginners / Need A Technical Partner (web & App Developer) / Revolutionizing The World With Artificial Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.