Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Come And Let's Reason Together. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come And Let's Reason Together. (2914 Views)

Come Let's Reason Together. / Let Us Reason Together.... / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

Thank you so much. I'll gladly welcome your inputs anytime.

You're welcome. smiley Love the opening post that's why I dived in.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

I bet you this - they will never admit the reality of anything that hasn't the stamp of approval of Science even if they see it unfolding before their very eyes. If Science has no explanation for it then it must be some superstition or the mind playing tricks on the observer. According to them, it is not real or feasible if Science has no logical explanation for it. Talk about myopic view of reality.

They call others myopic, even when common sense should make them understand that they're the real myopic people.
I sometimes wonder, if scientists over time dismissed the things they have come to discover today, if they were not open minded and curious, would they have known all they know today? If scientists were like these folks who predicate their beliefs and myopic view on science, would they have known what they know today?

Science has gradually become their god.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by orunto27: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
ln Christian Parlance, we have: Darkness : Light. Bad : Good. Death : Life. Forget : Faith. Abandon : Hope. Worry : Peace. Hate : Love. Devil : Jesus. Satan : Christ. There're many more which come either as Blessings or Chastisement Spirits directly from God. For example, God blesses with SUCCESS and chastises with FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

They call others myopic, even when common sense should make them understand that they're the real myopic people.
I sometimes wonder, if scientists over time dismissed the things they have come to discover today, if they were not open minded and curious, would they have known all they know today? If scientists were like these folks who predicate their beliefs and myopic view on science, would they have known what they know today?

Science has gradually become their god.

There are many scientists in the US and Germany now looking into cases of the supernatural because they can no longer ignore the facts of past and present cases presented before them where the subjects were revived with a defib only for them to be screaming things like 'the heat!,' 'fire!' and such like. Some others when revived said they hovered around the room and witnessed the surgical procedure being performed on them and even accurately related what was said though their bodies were lying on the bed 'seemingly' oblivious of their surroundings. Many of these scientists have come to the conclusion that they may not know what lies beyond the grave but they are pretty convinced that life does not end with physical death.

Here, some folks wearing the distinguished badge of atheism thinking it is the official symbol if wisdom will be quick to refute any argument of life after death while they have never made even a little research on the matter neither do they possess a quarter of the knowledge that the scientists now looking into that possibility possess. This gets more absurd by the day.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

There are many scientists in the US and Germany now looking into cases of the supernatural because they can no longer ignore the facts of past and present cases presented before them where the subjects were revived with a defib only for them to be screaming things like 'the heat!,' 'fire!' and such like. Some others when revived said they hovered around the room and witnessed the surgical procedure being performed on them and even accurately related what was said though their bodies were lying on the bed 'seemingly' oblivious of their surroundings. Many of these scientists have come to the conclusion that they may not know what lies beyond the grave but they are pretty convinced that life does not end with physical death.

Here, some folks wearing the distinguished badge of atheism thinking it is the official symbol if wisdom will be quick to refute any argument of life after death while they have never made even a little research on the matter neither do they possess a quarter of the knowledge that the scientists now looking into that possibility possess. This gets more absurd by the day.

That's the problem with these 'over-sabi' atheists we have here. When you hear them argue, you'd think that they're the ones who through scientific research arrived at their claims, when in real truth, they just try as much as they can to read scientific books and journals, then come here carry it on their heads....they will always be very quick to ask you for proof of God; me, these days I have also learnt to ask them to replicate and demonstrate all those theories that they hinge their belief on. If you say evolution is true, demonstrate it to me, don't tell me scientists did or said that; prove it to me, yourself, simple.

If you can't verifiably replicate the theories that inform your stand that there is not God, don't ask me to show you proof of God, simple.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

By physical, what do you mean - Man, trees, matter in general? Be specific.
Material; Detectable with the senses or any known instruments.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
orunto27:
ln Christian Parlance, we have: Darkness : Light. Bad : Good. Death : Life. Forget : Faith. Abandon : Hope. Worry : Peace. Hate : Love. Devil : Jesus. Satan : Christ. There're many more which come either as Blessings or Chastisement Spirits directly from God. For example, God blesses with SUCCESS and chastises with FAILURE.

Wow! That's quite an insight.

But all some group of people think is just SCIENCE language .They've forgotten there is ENGLISH language and even ART and others have their languages. All words can't be attributed to or interpreted as SCIENCE. It seems their mental capacity is only LIMITED to science.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

That's the problem with these 'over-sabi' atheists we have here. When you hear them argue, you'd think that they're the ones who through scientific research arrived at their claims, when in real truth, they just try as much as they can to read scientific books and journals, then come here carry it on their heads....they will always be very quick to ask you for proof of God; me, these days I have also learnt to ask them to replicate and demonstrate all those theories that they hinge their belief on. If you say evolution is true, demonstrate it to me, don't tell me scientists did or said that; prove it to me, yourself, simple.

If you can't verifiably replicate the theories that inform your stand that there is not God, don't ask me to show you proof of God, simple.

Lols. This post got me laughing. Proof of God as if God were matter that is subject to test tube or physics experiments to verify His reality. Such a pity.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
Material; Detectable with the senses or any known instruments.

Still vague. The Op was clear that the spirit is the opposite to the body, so to speak. Now, when you say the physical are you referring to everything physical or to a particular physical?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:
Bennyann, thanks for the comments. The truth is I am as weak as any man in this corrupt flesh but I learn from my falls and am confident in the fact that Jesus holds my hands and leads me along therefore whatever I am today, the credit goes to Him only. smiley

You're not the only one dear, God has also been my strength. Though our flesh is weak but God strengthens the mortal bodies of those focused on Him.

If I should focus on quoting you, the pages would be filled with thank you's smiley. So I'll stop here.

2 Likes

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

Still vague. The Op was clear that the spirit is the opposite to the body, so to speak. Now, when you say the physical are you referring to everything physical or to a particular physical?
Never mind.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

Lols. This post got me laughing. Proof of God as if God were matter that is subject to test tube or physics experiments to verify His reality. Such a pity.

In their very infinitesimal mind, God is subject to their whims and caprices.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by MrRichmond: 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Okay I have read the comments here and I choose to ask a simple question.
I am not an atheist btw, but I can sympathize with their beliefs.
Since op said he wanted to reason, I implore him to do so.
If u say duality is a constant in the universe, and I am sure u agree with me that God is the creator of everything.
Wouldn't that make God the creator of both Good and evil?
Wouldn't that make God be both Male and Female at he same time?
Afterall one cannot give what he doesn't have, so if God created male and female, then there must be both male and female inside of him.
I do not intend to derail, I am just trying to 'reason'
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ElsonMorali: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Op I'm sorry, but you missed it.

Body and spirit are not opposites like the rest that you mentioned.

They are different, but not opposites.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ElsonMorali: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
MrRichmond:
If u say duality is a constant in the universe, and I am sure u agree with me that God is the creator of everything.
Afterall one cannot give what he doesn't have, so if God created male and female, then there must be both male and female inside of him.

Blasphemy. Nothing evil comes from God.

God is said to be good. But strictly speaking, God is goodness. There's no iota of evil in his infinite being.

Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of good.

Satan reigns supreme where God isn't welcome, like in the hearts of depraved and godless people, atheists as well. They have shut out the light, so there only darkness. Hope you got that.

Also, we refer to God as Father because He is the generator of Life. Spirit is not composed of any parts. It cannot be male or female. God is The Supreme Spirit who generates everything.

Evil is an aberration.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
MrRichmond:

Now I will attempt to tackle your questions one after the other: first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it. Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, “Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good. As finite human beings, we can never fully understand an infinite God (Romans 11:33-34). Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought. God looks at things from a holy, eternal perspective. We look at things from a sinful, earthly, and temporal perspective.

To the second question: It has become increasingly popular in Christian circles to apply politically correct sentiments to language for God. Some have even supplemented the Trinitarian language of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with feminine formulations, such as Mother, Child, and Womb. This raises an important question: to wit, does God have a gender?

First, the Bible tells us “God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them” (Genesis 1:27). As God created both male and female in his image, he does not participate in one or the other gender, but rather transcends gender.

Furthermore, while the Bible uses masculine titles for God, such as Father and Son, it also employs feminine images for God, such as mother (Isaiah 49:14–15; 66:13) and midwife (Isaiah 66:9). Likewise, his judgment of Israel is likened to that of a mother bear robbed of her cubs (Hosea 13:cool. Whether masculine or feminine, all such images are anthropomorphisms or personifications that reveal God to us in ways we can understand.

Hope it helps.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
I'm going to create a Topic about "God's gender."
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
I am sure you know that some people consider this enough reason to aver that there is no such thing as the spiritual. How does one use something that cannot be ''non-existent'' as the opposite of something else.

Want you to know I like your dp. I find myself laughing out loud. Thanks for making me laugh.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Op I'm sorry, but you missed it.

Body and spirit are not opposites like the rest that you mentioned.

They are different, but not opposites.

Please explain further, I'm interested and willing to learn.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:
I'm going to create a Topic about "God's gender."

Please let me know when you do cos I'm interested. If possible paste the link here. Thanks in advance.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
MrRichmond:

I'm interested in your questions too but you've not told me if you believe or know spirits exist.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

Please let me know when you do cos I'm interested. If possible paste the link here. Thanks in advance.

Here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/3450292/god-male-female
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by MrRichmond: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Blasphemy. Nothing evil comes from God.

God is said to be good. But strictly speaking, God is goodness. There's no iota of evil in his infinite being.

Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of good.

Satan reigns supreme where God isn't welcome, like in the hearts of depraved and godless people, atheists as well. They have shut out the light, so there only darkness. Hope you got that.

Also, we refer to God as Father because He is the generator of Life. Spirit is not composed of any parts. It cannot be male or female. God is The Supreme Spirit who generates everything.

Evil is an aberration.

To ask a simple question is blasphemy??
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ElsonMorali: 6:30am On Nov 07, 2016
bennyann:

Please explain further, I'm interested and willing to learn.

Well I wouldnt say I've earned the rights to teach concerning this matter, but its just my opinion.

OP mentioned light and darkness, good and evil, body and spirit.

While light and darkness, good and evil, etc are opposites and mutually exclusive, body and spirit or more accurately matter and spirits are not. That's why our bodies which are made from matter can accommodate our spirits.

Light and darkness cannot coexist in the same space, neither can good and evil. But matter and spirit can as evidenced by a living human bring who is composed of body and soul.

The difference between body and spirit is that our physical bodies are made of gross, dense particles. While the spirit is a simple organism which does not contain any parts at all. So there's no way it can be broken down into it constituent elements because it is the simplest thing that ever existed.

This reason by the way is why a spirit can never die (except for a direct act of its creator, God).

Modified: oh by the way, I like your signature. Quoting St. Augustine I see. You should read more from him. He was a very good theologian.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Well I wouldnt say I've earned the rights to teach concerning this matter, but its just my opinion.

While light and darkness, good and evil, etc are opposites and mutually exclusive, body and spirit or more accurately matter and spirits are not. That's why our bodies which are made from matter can accommodate our spirits.

Light and darkness cannot coexist in the same space, neither can good and evil. But matter and spirit can as evidenced by a living human bring who is composed of body and soul.

The difference between body and spirit is that our physical bodies are made of gross, dense particles. While the spirit is a simple organism which does not contain any parts at all. So there's no way it can be broken down into it constituent elements because it is the simplest thing that ever existed.

This reason by the way is why a spirit can never die (except for a direct act of its creator, God).

Modified: oh by the way, I like your signature. Quoting St. Augustine I see. You should read more from him. He was a very good theologian.

Thanks dear for your explanation. The reason I believe you understand it that way is because you believe spirits exist and I understand your perspective.

Personally, I've experienced happiness and sadness simultaneously which we call mixed feelings and I'm sure I'm not the only who's felt that.

I believe we can find out more of words and opposites that co-exist if we think higher or do some research which I'm yet to do.

AND about my signature, I got it from a book but I can't remember which and who quoted it. So if you please, help me get more info on st Augustin and how to access his books. Thanks
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2016
skeendyke:

Please, I'll like to know your view on this:

ElsonMorali:

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ElsonMorali: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
bennyann:

Thanks dear for your explanation. The reason I believe you understand it that way is because you believe spirits exist and I understand your perspective.

Personally, I've experienced happiness and sadness simultaneously which we call mixed feelings and I'm sure I'm not the only who's felt that.

I believe we can find out more of words and opposites that co-exist if we think higher or do some research which I'm yet to do.

AND about my signature, I got it from a book but I can't remember which and who quoted it. So if you please, help me get more info on st Augustin and how to access his books. Thanks

Emotions are not exactly substantial and they don't exactly fit into this discussion. There are people with multiple personality disorder who carry around different personalities withing them ranging from 2 to sometimes up to a hundred. These emotions, feelings all belong in the psychological realm.

We are talking of physical and spiritual realms here.

Also note that, no human is 100% good nor 100% evil. Only God and Satan fall in both ends of the spectrum

We on the other hand are a blend of both inasmuch as we are all sinners.

When I say darkness, I think we both know I meant pitch darkness and not the grey of the dusk or dawn.

Darkness is the absence of light.

No way God can have any pinpoint of evil within him since evil is the absence of good and God is goodness itself.

Like I wrote earlier, strictly speaking, God isn't good, he is goodness.
God isn't beautiful, he is beauty.
Gid isn't wise, he is wisdom
God isn't just, he is justice.

So when you behold a flower with beautiful petals, you say it is beautiful right? In other words and more accurately, it mirrors God and reflects that attribute of God, Beauty, in its own little way. Just like the moon reflects the light of the sun to us on earth.

That's why it is baffling when you come across atheists and God-haters who claim they don't believe in God.

Is it possible to look around you and observe the beauty of nature and your heart would be closed to God?

St Augustine is a Catholic saint and a doctor of the church.

He lived a life of debauchery before he was mercifully converted to Christ due to the prayers of his saintly mother, St. Monica.

He became the Bishop of Hippo and immersed himself in finding God. His writings are rich and beautiful.

Search for his works in any authentic Catholic bookshop especially, any St Paul's bookshop in the city where you live.

You may also want to read the works of St. Thomas Aquinas. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. Most Catholic parishes have bookshops within their compounds.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Emotions are not exactly substantial and they don't exactly fit into this discussion. There are people with multiple personality disorder who carry around different personalities withing them ranging from 2 to sometimes up to a hundred. These emotions, feelings all belong in the psychological realm.

We are talking of physical and spiritual realms here.

Also note that, no human is 100% good nor 100% evil. Only God and Satan fall in both ends of the spectrum

We on the other hand are a blend of both inasmuch as we are all sinners.

When I say darkness, I think we both know I meant pitch darkness and not the grey of the dusk or dawn.

Darkness is the absence of light.

No way God can have any pinpoint of evil within him since evil is the absence of good and God is goodness itself.

Like I wrote earlier, strictly speaking, God isn't good, he is goodness.
God isn't beautiful, he is beauty.
Gid isn't wise, he is wisdom
God isn't just, he is justice.

So when you behold a flower with beautiful petals, you say it is beautiful right? In other words and more accurately, it mirrors God and reflects that attribute of God, Beauty, in its own little way. Just like the moon reflects the light of the sun to us on earth.

That's why it is baffling when you come across atheists and God-haters who claim they don't believe in God.

Is it possible to look around you and observe the beauty of nature and your heart would be closed to God?

St Augustine is a Catholic saint and a doctor of the church.

He lived a life of debauchery before he was mercifully converted to Christ due to the prayers of his saintly mother, St. Monica.

He became the Bishop of Hippo and immersed himself in finding God. His writings are rich and beautiful.

Search for his works in any authentic Catholic bookshop especially, any St Paul's bookshop in the city where you live.

You may also want to read the works of St. Thomas Aquinas. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. Most Catholic parishes have bookshops within their compounds.

I understand you perfectly especially from the spiritual perspective.

But we are talking about words and their antonyms. Personally, I don't think it matters whether they co-exist or not - words and opposites are not based on that but on relative differences in their functions and what they represent. E.g

Body is mortal - spirit is immortal
Body is lifeless - spirit gives life or is full of life
Body is material - spirit is immaterial
Body has a material force - spirit has immaterial force
Body is tangible - spirit is intangible
Body is a person's physical part - spirit is person's non physical part. And so on and so forth.
Spirit suits perfectly the opposite of everything that has to do with a body. Even the mind and intellect is associated with the spirit.

Please Note: the spirit is not limited to the Spirit you're referring to but we're talking about all kinds of spirits. The essence of this thread is to prove logically, that since we all believed the 'words and their opposites' taught us, meaning they exist, why then don't they believe that spirit which is the opposite to body exist also.

Forgive me, I didn't plan to go biblical but intellectual, according to what we were taught academically. But for you I have to so you can get me better.

Even the Bible proves this in Galatians 5:17
New International Version
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

If still you don't agree with me in this context, then may I please know your answer, if I should ask 'what is the opposite of body?'

Have it in mind I understand the perspective you're coming from. And thanks for the info on St Augustin. I really appreciate it.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ElsonMorali: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
bennyann:

I understand you perfectly especially from the spiritual perspective.

But we are talking about words and their antonyms. Personally, I don't think it matters whether they co-exist or not - words and opposites are not based on that but on relative differences in their functions and what they represent. E.g

Body is mortal - spirit is immortal
Body is lifeless - spirit gives life or is full of life
Body is material - spirit is immaterial
Body has a material force - spirit has immaterial force
Body is tangible - spirit is intangible
Body is a person's physical part - spirit is person's non physical part. And so on and so forth.
Spirit suits perfectly the opposite of everything that has to do with a body. Even the mind and intellect is associated with the spirit.

Please Note: the spirit is not limited to the Spirit you're referring to but we're talking about all kinds of spirits. The essence of this thread is to prove logically, that since we all believed the 'words and their opposites' taught us, meaning they exist, why then don't they believe that spirit which is the opposite to body exist also.

Forgive me, I didn't plan to go biblical but intellectual, according to what we were taught academically. But for you I have to so you can get me better.

Even the Bible proves this in Galatians 5:17
New International Version
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

If still you don't agree with me in this context, then may I please know your answer, if I should ask 'what is the opposite of body?'

Have it in mind I understand the perspective you're coming from. And thanks for the info on St Augustin. I really appreciate it.

While I understand your point we may just agree to disagree.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Those qualities that you listed are the differences between the two. Doesn't exactly makes them polar opposites.

The opposite of body?

Body doesn't have an opposite. Its just like me asking what's the opposite of a dog? Surely its not a cat. They are two different animals.

Let me put it this way.

When two things are opposites they can't be together, we say they are mutually exclusive.

For example, the opposite of male is female. We can't have transgendered occurring naturally.

The opposite of light is darkness. We can't have both light and darkness together in the same place.

The opposite of East is West, North is South, because they can't be together no matter what.

The opposite of cold is hot, a thing can't be cold and hot at the same time.

The body, soul and spirit are different entities. And they can all be together in the same place as evidenced in man.

But hey, we don't have to agree. It's good to see someone who thinks about these things too.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 3:26am On Nov 08, 2016
ElsonMorali:

While I understand your point we may just agree to disagree.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Those qualities that you listed are the differences between the two. Doesn't exactly makes them polar opposites.

The opposite of body?

Body doesn't have an opposite. Its just like me asking what's the opposite of a dog? Surely its not a cat. They are two different animals.

Let me put it this way.

When two things are opposites they can't be together, we say they are mutually exclusive.

For example, the opposite of male is female. We can't have transgendered occurring naturally.

The opposite of light is darkness. We can't have both light and darkness together in the same place.

The opposite of East is West, North is South, because they can't be together no matter what.

The opposite of cold is hot, a thing can't be cold and hot at the same time.

The body, soul and spirit are different entities. And they can all be together in the same place as evidenced in man.

But hey, we don't have to agree. It's good to see someone who thinks about these things too.

It's more fulfilling and satisfying if we strive to agree, to come to a convincing and satisfactory conclusion.

You've been stressing on 'things in opposition to each other cannot be together'. But that's not the standard for concluding what is opposite to what.

I tried giving an example of happy and sad (mixed feelings) but you rejected it because you feel it happens to those with psychological issues and you termed it an emotional issue which is true but don't forget to normal people, it happens once in a while. Even the spirit in a body is also temporal.

You made mention of body and spirit are different entities, but words and opposites are also graded differently e.g.
Emotional - happy and sad
Measurement - long and short
Directional - left and right
Moral - good and bad
Etc. They can be classified into different categories. And most of these can be together easily by man made works, like long and short things can be put together by work of art. I know this doesn't make sense but I'll give you the best example you're looking for.

Before then, I want you to know that the academic or logical world also agreed that spirit should be an opposite of body. How do they come about that?

For us to understand them and to understand you by following your standard belief of mutual exclusivity. Let's look at it like this - forget about the human spirit.

One thing that makes us to reason greatly on this topic is because you believe spirits exist and you understand them better. But put the human spirit aside for now.

Since you believe in spirits and you're a Theists, you'll agree with me that spirits exist long before humans or/and the human spirit. Meaning not all spirits has a body or have put on a body. Most function without using a body or having a personal body - a body solely meant for a particular spirit.

To make it simpler, let's say the academic world see it like this:

'Body - spirit' and not 'Body - human spirit' as opposites.
I believe you should agree with me on this.

I told you earlier on I would give you an example that is against mutual exclusivity that may convince you and please let me know if it does.

In biology related science, we have what we call recessive and dominant genes. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Using black and white which are contrast to each other, Let's take for example a man with a black dominant gene but having a white recessive gene. - how do you explain that? Does it support your mutual exclusive concept?

What about using blood groups as another example. Let's say an O+ mother with an O- fœtus inside of her. Can you imagine the wonder of such biological processes going on inside of her?

I hope this examples make sense than the foolish ones up there? We all know mutual exclusivity can sometimes be bias. Nothing is impossible after all.

So please let me know your mind. And I will stop here by thanking you for giving me the courage or inspiring me to think higher.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by orunto27: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Pneumatology is the study of the Spirits, Science and Arts with classified languages for each. God is awesome. In Spirit, He is a Wonder, a Miracle. In Science, He is a Phenomenon and in Arts, He is Our Shadow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath / When Will The Rapture Take Place? Before Or After The Tribulation. / Jehovah Witness Cult Founder Tombstone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.