Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Come And Let's Reason Together. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come And Let's Reason Together. (2913 Views)

Come Let's Reason Together. / Let Us Reason Together.... / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2016
bennyann:

Please, I'll like to know your view on this:

Sorry for the late reply, Bennyann. Just logged in today and saw your post. Here are my thoughts concerning ElsonMorali's comments.

While light and darkness, good and evil, etc are opposites and mutually exclusive, body and spirit or more accurately matter and spirits are not. That's why our bodies which are made from matter can accommodate our spirits.

Wrong. The body and the spirit cannot be distinguished on the basis of structural makeup because they share the same characteristics, shape and function. It is exactly like looking in a mirror. The image that stares back at you is the spirit or say your body having the same appearance as your spirit. They are opposites because one resides in the other but still the same personality, able to see, feel, touch, speak, hear. Classifying their relationship on the basis of structural makeup - matter - is unsuitable reference as that would imply that the existence of man's spirit can be determined through scientific means, therefore the onus would be on you to prove their existence before going on to prove their structural makeup or lack of it.

Light and darkness cannot coexist in the same space, neither can good and evil. But matter and spirit can as evidenced by a living human bring who is composed of body and soul.

Here lies another blunder from you. The argument for or against the classification of opposites, especially as it relates to man, has nothing to do with co-existence. You are only speaking from the physical point of view without considering other factors. For example, if man is made of matter and the spirit is not, then why does the Bible say, in the parable of the rich man, that the rich man being in TORMENT looked up to heaven and saw father Abraham with Lazarus? By your argument, only matter can feel and touch. The rich man and Lazarus were already dead in this illustration. Why then did they still possess the physical characteristics of matter such as feeling or the sense of touch? We would expect something that is not made of substance to be immune from external sources of pain or joy.

The difference between body and spirit is that our physical bodies are made of gross, dense particles. While the spirit is a simple organism which does not contain any parts at all. So there's no way it can be broken down into it constituent elements because it is the simplest thing that ever existed.

Not only is this paragraph wholly wrong but the bolded also makes me think you are not familiar with your subject of discussion. In fact, you don't possess even an average knowledge of the concept of the human spirit. Not intended as insult and should you take it to mean one then I apologize in advance. Just stating the obvious as is.

@Bennyann, couldn't check my mail as I have forgotten the recovery email address required in the verification process in order to be granted access to my account. Reason is I have never used that address in years. I have changed my email addy here in case you wish to re-send, if not, then another time.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2016
orunto27:
Pneumatology is the study of the Spirits, Science and Arts with classified languages for each. God is awesome. In Spirit, He is a Wonder, a Miracle. In Science, He is a Phenomenon and in Arts, He is Our Shadow.

Wooooow. That's a great one. Very great knowledge.

Also, the bolded caught my attention. Doesn't it mean science believe in spirits?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
skeendyke:

Sorry for the late reply, Bennyann. Just logged in today and saw your post. Here are my thoughts concerning ElsonMorali's comments.

Wrong. The body and the spirit cannot be distinguished on the basis of structural makeup because they share the same characteristics, shape and function. It is exactly like looking in a mirror. The image that stares back at you is the spirit or say your body having the same appearance as your spirit. They are opposites because one resides in the other but still the same personality, able to see, feel, touch, speak, hear. Classifying their relationship on the basis of structural makeup - matter - is unsuitable reference as that would imply that the existence of man's spirit can be determined through scientific means, therefore the onus would be on you to prove their existence before going on to prove their structural makeup or lack of it.

Here lies another blunder from you. The argument for or against the classification of opposites, especially as it relates to man, has nothing to do with co-existence. You are only speaking from the physical point of view without considering other factors. For example, if man is made of matter and the spirit is not, then why does the Bible say, in the parable of the rich man, that the rich man being in TORMENT looked up to heaven and saw father Abraham with Lazarus? By your argument, only matter can feel and touch. The rich man and Lazarus were already dead in this illustration. Why then did they still possess the physical characteristics of matter such as feeling or the sense of touch? We would expect something that is not made of substance to be immune from external sources of pain or joy.

Not only is this paragraph wholly wrong but the bolded also makes me think you are not familiar with your subject of discussion. In fact, you don't possess even an average knowledge of the concept of the human spirit. Not intended as insult and should you take it to mean one then I apologize in advance. Just stating the obvious as is.

@Bennyann, couldn't check my mail as I have forgotten the recovery email address required in the verification process in order to be granted access to my account. Reason is I have never used that address in years. I have changed my email addy here in case you wish to re-send, if not, then another time.

Thank you so much skeendyke.
Can you please send me a pm?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
bennyann:

Thank you so much skeendyke.
Can you please send me a pm?

I sent it sometime ago. Hope you got it.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
skeendyke:

I sent it sometime ago. Hope you got it.

I haven't gotten it. I tried sending you a pm again, don't know if you got it too.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
bennyann:

I haven't gotten it. I tried sending you a pm again, don't know if you got it too.

I saw it but turns out I am unable to successfully update my email address on my profile page which is why I sent a pm to you.

Here is what I will do. I shall write a mail address right now through which you may reach me but it is not my main address. I shall disclose that privately to you after I must have received your mail.

_________________@gmail.com

Let me know if you have seen this so that I can wipe it off before email hunters arrive.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
skeendyke:

I saw it but turns out I am unable to successfully update my email address on my profile page which is why I sent a pm to you.

Here is what I will do. I shall write a mail address right now through which you may reach me but it is not my main address. I shall disclose that privately to you after I must have received your mail.

Let me know if you have seen this so that I can wipe it off before email hunters arrive.

You may now wipe it off. Thanks for the sacrifice

Modified : that was funny. Mission accomplished.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
bennyann:

You may now wipe it off. Thanks

You're welcome. smiley There's only one teeny problem. It is still visible in the quote you mentioned, the email. smiley

Edit...
I took another try at updating my profile a few minutes ago with a new email and this time it was successful. You could decide to use that facility or use the one I wrote here. Any one of them is OK.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2016
I'm still wondering why some of us do not believe spirits exist even when it's academically accepted that the opposite of body is spirit.

Is it that we only believe what we want to believe and discard the rest?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
Bennyann, that is not any source of wonder to me.

If a person can look at the universe and witness the order of creation, the relationship of one to another that ensures a healthy balance to sustain life, the artistic design of the universe which the imagination of the even the best painter in the world cannot hope to conceive, everything adapted to its environment that is just PERFECT for it, nature, man, stars, the oceans, all these and still maintain that the universe was brought into existence through an expansion of energy so as to give randomness the credit for order, then that, my friend, is a real source of wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Jesus An Extraterrestrial? / I Will Like To Apologise. / Dr Dk Olukoya Honours 77 First Class Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.