Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,753 members, 7,955,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! (9378 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by lailai2(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2009
Then it can be said henry does one of the simplest things in barca relative to the others in barca. So d fact that he does it with higher efficiency can not thus transmit that he is better than them. Hope u get.

I know the criteria used for the list and leave it like it is - just a LIST. Not the criteria for the best player in the world.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2009
Those are all opinions you are expressing. You are not backing them up with anything. Henry puts in a lot of assists, scores a lot of goals, puts in lots of crosses. Remember the video said every time you lose possession of the ball or make a bad pass it counts against you. That is why I'm saying you guys don't seem to understand how the rankings work. That messi or xavi are talented and work hard isn't the point. . . Henry is just more efficient. He doesn't make unnecessary runs and then lose the ball, or make sloppy passes. When he has it, he puts it to good use, and it helps the team win. He is on point. The rest na story.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Sauron1: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2009
Krayola:

Those are all opinions you are expressing. You are not backing them up with anything. Henry puts in a lot of assists, scores a lot of goals, puts in lots of crosses. Remember the video said every time you lose possession of the ball or make a bad pass it counts against you. That is why I'm saying you guys don't seem to understand how the rankings work. That messi or xavi are talented and work hard isn't the point. . . Henry is just more efficient. He doesn't make unnecessary runs and then lose the ball, or make sloppy passes. When he has it, he puts it to good use, and it helps the team win. He is on point. The rest na story.

On this point alone, O'Shea should be the 100000000000th best defender in the EPL.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2009
haha. . .  maybe your eyes are deceiving you  grin. I'm surprised Denilson is so high up the list too cause I thought he was shite, but i could have been wrong about him. Sometimes we can be biased against a player and it'll affect how we rate him.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by lailai2(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2009
So all the wahala messi and xavi do are unneccesary, it's better they do the easy stuffs according to this ranking. I can clearly see you are makng the argument fr Henry and not mainly fr the ratings.

anyways, it's yur opinion, even Henry cannot say he's in the current list of top 5 players in the world
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by ritchboy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2009
What krayola still doesnt understand is these rankings are based on the criteria of castrol which make it no more relevant or "official" than anyone elses.
It's no different to dayokanu telling me Lahm is the best left back in the world. SAD!
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by lailai2(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2009
Been trying to tell him
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2009
Na waa o.

WHICH RANKINGS DO YOU AGREE WITH, AND WHY? WHY ARE THOSE RANKINGS ANY MORE CREDIBLE THAN THIS ONE?

Look at the game by game rankings for Henry, Xavi, and Messi. You will notice that messi scores higher than Henry in most games. It's just that Henry was sensational between december and April.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/player/910/Thierry_Henry
http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/player/6272/Lionel_Messi
http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/player/2304/Xavi

They have also shown us that 70% of Henry's shots are on target compared to an average of 42%. If you notice xavi has a lot of 8s and 7s. . . Henry has some 4s and 5s but then a lot of 9s, etc. when you consider the amount of points that accumulate, the differences between these players are rather tiny. I don't understand why y'all are getting so defensive.  undecided

The main reason you guys can sit in your comfy spots and whine is because I have actually presented something for you to try to rip apart. You guys keep throwing your opinions at me. WTF am i supposed to do with your opinion? I have asked you what ranking you agree with, and why? you have not answered. Is it WPOTY? is it Ballon d'or? which one nah? then we go see which one get swagga pass. . .abi?
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by jonsn: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
In which World? definately not mine sha. MSSSHEW
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by chic2pimp(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2009
. . . . . It's up to y'all to believe what you want to believe cool
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by vislabraye(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2009
IGWE go on, It shouldn't be too surprising that Henry is number 1. The amazing thing is that , he was better in Arsenal. He's an all round player, not just a striker, he's got an impressive work rate. I have no objection to that. personally, i think Rooney should be within the first 20 BASED on that statistics. fabregas is also fantastic.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Nezan(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2009
Henry is definately one of the world's best footballers.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kray,
Please stop making an issue about what rankings we live by.That is not the point of the argument.
This donkey-kong list is just as ridiculous as some of the claims you are making.
You don't watch Luca toni?Then you shouldn't comment on something you don't know.
Luca Toni cannot be in any top 10;even dayokanu won't argue with that.
It's still a list.I can publish a dozen rankings by a dozen group of people.
Everybody knows Henry isn't,by any means,the best player in the world over the last 12 months.
Anything else you say makes you want us to swallow Henry hook line and sinker
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
I don't give a shit what the general consensus is. . . like i said a lot of people strongly believe in a lot of retarded shit. . .

The list does not measure talent, effort, likability, or general opinion. It measures efficiency on the pitch.

YOu can reject the ranking, but the only reason you are giving is that you just disagree with it because it strikes you as odd. It isn't that you have some other method of ranking players that you can produce as more credible. It's all sentiment, and that means absolutely nothing to me.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
The reason why you're trumpeting this lousy piece of sh%t as a ranking is because there are 4 barca players in it.
i'd like you to tell me that Henry was the best player you had over the past 12 months.If you seriously believe it.
Again,Luca Toni cannot be in any top 10,whatever yardstick you decide to use.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
Eastbay:

The reason why you're trumpeting this lousy piece of sh%t as a ranking is because there are 4 barca players in it.

Pretty much all rankings this year are dominated by Barca players. It has nothing to do with Barca and everything to do with Thierry Henry. He is the worlds best and you just can't stand it!!!

Eastbay:

i'd like you to tell me that Henry was the best player you had over the past 12 months.If you seriously believe it.
He was the most efficient. He did more to help the team than everybody else. Doesn't mean he was the most fun to watch, or a fan favorite

Eastbay:

Again,Luca Toni cannot be in any top 10,whatever yardstick you decide to use.

YOu are entitled to your opinion. Are you going to tell me how you would come up with your own rankings, and how your methods are better than this one, or are you just going to keep telling me how much you can't stand Henry and Luca Toni?   grin grin
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
They made the ranking based on some stats and its here for all to see. Try and argue intelligently and not like.

" Messi is the world best? That short boy? How can he be?"

They made the ranking based on stats either you tell us the stats are wrong or whatever.

Not just "How can Lucatoni be the best? Someone asked this earlier and they brought out his scoring and assist stats which floors Berbasuck like Mohammed Ali did Sonny Liston.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by ritchboy(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
Krayola still doesnt have a clue! cheesy
OK, just answer this one question:
ARE THE RANKINGS BASED ON CASTROLS CRITERIA? YES OR NO?
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
dayo,
try not to be stupid.pretend for once to be smart.
The issue here is the so called rankings.Krayola cannot come here and tell us that TH14 is the best player on the planet because some people said so.
You should know that rankings are subjective.Anybody can give any mark for anything in football.Are you telling me Henry is the World's best?Because it would contradict all you've said about him on NL previously.
Please face your bayern maggots.Luca Toni is worse than Berbatov.I have never seen a striker as bad as Toni,aside Gomes.
Toni has stats?Please show me enough to convince me he has a spot in any credible top 10.
Like stats were made for football in the first place.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
Lucatoni had 18 goals in 35 appearances last season Goal per game ratio of 0.5
Berbatov had 14 goals in 43 appearances last season goal per game ratio of 0.32

These are the stats.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Eastbay:

dayo,
try not to be stupid.pretend for once to be smart.
The issue here is the so called rankings.Krayola cannot come here and tell us that TH14 is the best player on the planet because some people said so.
You should know that rankings are subjective.Anybody can give any mark for anything in football.Are you telling me Henry is the World's best?Because it would contradict all you've said about him on NL previously.

My point exactly. . . you think disagreeing with something makes it wrong. That because something challenges a core belief that you hold, it must be dismissed. Some people are willing to reexamine these beliefs, and not just dismiss them because it is the easy thing to do.

See us providing stats and responding to ur critique. U are yet to tell us how, in ur opinion, players should be ranked.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
In the goalscoring department, Lucatoni showed last season he was better than Berbatov

The stats are obvious to see.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by bammy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
Henry has tried! Hes worth it!
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by vikiviko(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
Until Thierry Henry wins a major individual award some persons will not sleep they will twist, argue and even prove beyond doubts that Igwe deserves more.

I for one love Henry for his humility on and off the pitch.

Last season Henry scored 18 league goals and 5 champions league, copa del re i can't confirm but less than 30 in all competitions.
The rankings is debateable?
Arsenal fans will be jumping now he's our own.
Henry is one of th best footballers in the history of the game based on his Arsenal performances.

Igwe i still love you.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by bammy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2009
vikiviko:

Until Thierry Henry wins a major individual award some persons will not sleep they will twist, argue and even prove beyond doubts that Igwe deserves more.

I for one love Henry for his[b] humility on[/b] and off t[b]he pitch.[/b]

Last season Henry scored 18 league goals and 5 champions league, copa del re i can't confirm but less than 30 in all competitions.
Henry is one of th best footballers in the history of the game based on his Arsenal performances.

Igwe i still love you.

Hes not humble when he scores MR! tongue i dislike his jubilation back then in Arsenal.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by ritchboy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2009
My grand mothers have also collected stats from last season and given "appropriate" points to each stat. . . . .
After a long, hard process, Emmanuel Eboue emerged as the highest ranked player. Dani Alves is 140, and Henry is 111. However, theres a place in the top 10 for Marlon Harewood.

Can anyone prove to me they are wrong? Afterall, "just because you disagree with something doesnt make it wrong".

Maybe i should open a thread titled "Eboue is OFFICIALLY the best player in the world". . . Because my grandmas said so.
Some people are beyond hopeless. . .
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by rasputinn(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2009

Any ranking that has Luca Toni on it is a joke. WTF!!! did i just see pizarro. Fidel Castro had better channell cuba's money into better things!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by rasputinn(m): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
All for the undisputed IGWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
ritchboy:

My grand mothers have also collected stats from last season and given "appropriate" points to each stat. . . . .
After a long, hard process, Emmanuel Eboue emerged as the highest ranked player. Dani Alves is 140, and Henry is 111. However, theres a place in the top 10 for Marlon Harewood.

Can anyone prove to me they are wrong? Afterall, "just because you disagree with something doesnt make it wrong".

Maybe i should open a thread titled "Eboue is OFFICIALLY the best player in the world". . . Because my grandmas said so.

oh!! the irony. . . grin grin
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
Anyways, those stats have game by game player rankings. . . feel free to look thru them and tell us what game u don't agree with and why?

I've come to the conclusion that all we are goin to keep hearing are how people "FEEL" about the rankings.

Remember though, that once, EVERYBODY believed the earth was flat, and everything revolved around it. It was obvious for all to see.   undecided
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by chic2pimp(m): 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
ritchboy:

After a long, hard process, Emmanuel Eboue emerged as the highest ranked player
. Dani Alves is 140, and Henry is 111. However, theres a place in the top 10 for Marlon Harewood.

ROFLMAO!!!!! I have said this time & time again, football is all about individual opinions hence the reason why almost every football thread on NL always end up with peeps having disagreements.
Re: Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! by Krayola(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
stats don't have opinions. They don't measure talent, or entertainment. Just effectiveness. What makes u the best player? your skill, or ur contribution? Does Messi dribbling pass 3 defenders and taking more shots at goal, though many off target, have more value that Henry making simple effective runs and passes, and getting 70% of his shots on target. The ineffective runs will leave an impression on the viewer that makes messi the better player. . .meanwhile stats no send. U lose possession, they deduct points, whether or not u dribbled 50 players before u lost possession.

I'm not a fan of stats, but with the amount of different measures used in this ranking, I think they tell us a lot that we wouldn't otherwise be able to see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 19th February 2022 / Chelsea Vs Fulham (0 - 0) On 28th November 2012 / Manchester City Vs Shakhtar Donetsk: UCL (1 - 1) On 26th November 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.