Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? (4779 Views)

Who Has Tried Google Adsense Alternatives With Good Results? / Best Google Adsense Alternatives For Bloggers / Why You Should Use HTTPS Instead Of HTTP On Your Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Fedric(m): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2016
why is it that many bloggers in nigeria uses blogsport.com?

cant we use normal HTML, WORDPRESS, JOOMLA, etc .

what is the advantages of using blogsport.com to build website?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by emymeeky: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Fedric:

Spot not sport ... Meanwhile

FTC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Fedric(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2016
emymeeky:

Spot not sport
yes spot. so what ur comment on that?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Bigajeff(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2016
The love freebie, they do not want to pay for hosting

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Temolad: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bigajeff:
The love freebie, they do not want to pay for hosting
you haven't reply to the topic. Is wordpress, joomla, html site not rendering free hosting platform too? Why .com most blogger use?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by teebabsman(m): 6:54am On Nov 07, 2016
money... and some would like to test and see how much they could do first.....
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Ajusshi: 6:55am On Nov 07, 2016
Because of the 'blog' in .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by xprimate(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2016
No they don't offer free hosting at all. It is the CMS(the software) that is free
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2016
"......because Linda Ikeji uses it"

That's what most of them will tell you lol

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by beautycrush24(f): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2016
Fedric:

Because Linda uses blogger and she's successful grin

In other news, christmas sales has started at www.prickles.see.ng
Almost everything there has a 50% price slash.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by ProGSM(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Laziness is the final answer.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by sylvar02(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2016
And Wetin this kind topic dey find for fp?

nairaland at times gan

some mods gan self

no wahala o

where reasonable threads dey

Em no promote

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by johnemeka(m): 7:01am On Nov 07, 2016
It popular.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2016
SIMPLE IT'S THE MOST POPULAR ON THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD,YOU STICK WITH WHAT PEOPLE KNOW NOT THE REVERSE
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by eezeribe(m): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2016
Use your own or join the crowd
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:05am On Nov 07, 2016
The template in iz more easy to edit.. its more easier to understand.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by sakalisis(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2016
embarassed
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by sunboy(m): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2016
Fedric:

I have asked same in the past. It's simple "bad wagon effect" or bush fire effect. We like to follow the crowd in this part of the world jare.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by raziboi(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2016
cause am using it ...... stress free!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by motherfucker: 7:17am On Nov 07, 2016
Na Ogbongeblog and LindaIkeji... I have never seen anyone sold a site on international platforms. It is often HTML or wordpress sites that are sold. lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Okebarn: 7:20am On Nov 07, 2016
They find it easy to use, and it is costless.
www.proftechsms.com For Your Business Promotion
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by robminds: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2016
blogger does most of the dirty jobs for them hence they will do less on their own.But with others, you put in more work. However, wordpress is still king for me. Just check this out: http://www.robminds.com/

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by decode55(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
"......because Linda Ikeji uses it"

That's what most of them will tell you lol

This is the most accurate answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Afam4eva(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2016
I was going to ask the same question sometime ago. It's not unconnected with the fact that blogger does most of the work them. It's weird that i can't remember what the dashboard of blogger looks like. It's been almost a decade since i used it. That's why whenever someone comes to me for help regarding blogger, the only thing is tell them is "Why don't you use Wordpress".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 07, 2016
Fedric:
why is it that many bloggers in nigeria uses blogsport.com .com?

Cant we use normal HTML, WORDPRESS, JOOMLA, etc.

what is the advantages of using .com to build website?

- Cost of maintenance
- Security
- Simplicity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by justFEARLESS(m): 7:34am On Nov 07, 2016
cuz I dig it.
Classikolic..com

Linda ikeji, God told me you will be my wife.

#Singular
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by zeanslim(m): 7:35am On Nov 07, 2016
Everybody has a different taste, here is my up coming blog trendytechbuzz..com

Depends on what you are looking for and some can decide to upgrade later
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by aalafasy(m): 7:36am On Nov 07, 2016
Fedric:

gives u about 15gig to do ur work without charging u for space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2016
Afam4eva:
I was going to ask the same question sometime ago. It's not unconnected with the fact that blogger does most of the work them. It's weird that i can't remember what the dashboard of blogger looks like. It's been almost a decade since i used it. That's why whenever someone comes to me for help regarding blogger, the only thing is tell them is "Why don't you use Wordpress".

Gbam!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:44am On Nov 07, 2016
Funkyswagzz:
The template in iz more easy to edit.. its more easier to understand.

More easy, more easier?......

Na wa o... This kind bomb this morning

(Takes cover)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Use Instead Of The Alternatives? by osjoshua(m): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2016
Cos Linda ikeji and other succeful bloggers use it...simple..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wapkiz Blog Form Codes / Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M / You Can Now Manage Your Files On DATAFILEHOST. COM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.