Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M (4780 Views)

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? / Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage / Hostgator Sold To EIG For $225 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by item: 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
What a news? Hostgator has just been sold for $225 million USD!

This is all over the internet now and this maybe a bad new to many of hostgator users. As there might be some downtimes during this period.

The major hosting giant HostGator has been sold. According to the sources HostGator has been sold to EIG [Endurance International Group]. The deal is already signed however there is no specific reason mentioned for it. This is a major occurrence in the web hosting industry. EIG is a group of web hosting companies and over a period of time they have acquired many prominent web hosting companies. Among the arena of web hosting companies, EIG also has HostGator now.

It is believed that an amount of $225 Million USD was offered to HostGator owner, Brent Oxley and the deal was accepted by him. The process of transfer of ownership is still in process. Previously, EIG has acquired a lot of big web hosting companies. In terms of the acquired web hosting companies, the effect of this step was the loss of customer base. As EIG transfers all the account to their data center, the customers experience downtime at regular intervals and thereby the customer base is lost. The outcome of the deal between EIG and HostGator is unknown however considering the effects on the prior web hosting companies acquired, there will surely be a major impact on the web presence, brand awareness and customer base of HostGator. HostGator currently has over 400,000 customers globally, there is a big question as to how EIG will be able to mange the HostGator setup.

http://dailyincometips.com/hostgator-sold/
http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/lounge/9115-hostgator-sold-eig-225-millions.html
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by helsinki: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2012
Domain business is big business globally.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by MrNigeria2(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
that's bad news for we
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by Excelboi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
Just a domain website sold for $225m? Thatz kinda weird
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by item: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Excelboi: Just a domain website sold for $225m? Thatz kinda weird

Not just that. That company is big. Very big main!
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by Decryptor(m): 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
Opps! I've tried all the websites i know hosted by them and i'm already recieving an error page. Thank God i did not fall for their $1.99 per domain offer which i saw last month o !
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
choi, make hostgator no play with my vps hosting
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by supereagle(m): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
www.bluehost.com or www.D9hosting.com my choice. Hostgator usually makes life diffcult for Naija men.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by dking123: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
dis is a real problem for me.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
supereagle: www.bluehost.com or www.D9hosting.com my choice. Hostgator usually makes life diffcult for Naija men.

Not really if you know their secret. If you want to pass through hostgator verification issue which is the problem Nigerians face, al you do is use your master or visa card to pay them then once the request for verification, Send them a scanned copy of your drivers license and also grab the screenshot of the transaction from your master or visa card online statement and send it to them with a scanned copy of the card used. you will be verified instantly. i have used this method a lot of times and still using it anytime i create accounts on Gator for my clients.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by eyoniggar(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
hostgator is shit, personally i despise hosting company that provides hosting on a cpanel platform.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Good deal for the owner. Life continues..
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
I better get in touch with Support and inquire about the status of my Account(s). shocked
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by realkola: 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hostgator sold 200million usd plus.Dont be cut unaware d buyer are member of the illuminatti gradually gain control of the world in preparation for the New World Order...vis a vis One world government.

1 Like

Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by soloqy: 2:37am On Jul 01, 2012
supereagle: www.bluehost.com or www.D9hosting.com my choice. Hostgator usually makes life diffcult for Naija men.

Blue Host is also owned by Endurance International Group(EIG). Those people want to rule the world. Its so irritating...
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by gogomotet: 9:35am On Jul 01, 2012
realkola: Hostgator sold 200million usd plus.Dont be cut unaware d buyer are member of the illuminatti gradually gain control of the world in preparation for the New World Order...vis a vis One world government.
The greatest fool of all time.
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by efe22(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
gboss4sure:

Not really if you know their secret. If you want to pass through hostgator verification issue which is the problem Nigerians face, al you do is use your master or visa card to pay them then once the request for verification, Send them a scanned copy of your drivers license and also grab the screenshot of the transaction from your master or visa card online statement and send it to them with a scanned copy of the card used. you will be verified instantly. i have used this method a lot of times and still using it anytime i create accounts on Gator for my clients.
Absolutely
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by efe22(m): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
realkola: Hostgator sold 200million usd plus.Dont be cut unaware d buyer are member of the illuminatti gradually gain control of the world in preparation for the New World Order...vis a vis One world government.
What's all this? By the way TRUE Christians don't worry about rapture/antichrist because they know their salvation is garanteed. Why not give your life to Christ TOTALLY and stop worrying for rubbish so you stop thinking or spewing trash like this. Come on wake up!
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by majaal: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
lets hope this is for better smiley
Re: Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M by item: 2:57am On Jul 02, 2012
This is funny. Sometimes I wish I Nigerian will have a company that some will come and price that much.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Start A Classified Ads Website In Nigeria / Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? / thread closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.