Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash (3176 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by onyekachee(f): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2016
I went to visit my young cousin who put to bed 2 months ago but I noticed she hasn't been happy for a while now because of her daughter who was named after her husband's ex ADAOBi,she had an argument with the hubby because she knew ADAOBI is the one he has been in love with but she got married to another man...my cousin is thinking of opting out of the marriage because she feels disrespected and that no matter what she does she would never measure up to adaobi.......please nairalanders do you think it's a wise choice for her to leave the marriage?whAt will you do if you were in her shoes?
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by yomi007k(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2016
undecided

Nne biko tell her to bear for if she vex commot, who go marry her?

Men dont benefit much from marriage u know...Recession dey ground biko

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Papiikush: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2016
Your cousin is still too young for marriage. So immature if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Davash222(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2016
Women sef undecided.

Dis one na small matter na,

Tell your cousin to calm down, she should just pray for God to give her a male child, then she can name him her ex boyfriend's name. Nobody dies.

28 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by general111(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Did her husband tell her that he christened his daughter adaobi because of his unforgettable ex?even if he did, she shouldn't quit her marriage.she should try to make him love her more becos,if he married her,it means he also has love for her,even though it may not be like the one he had for his ex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Viking007(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Truth be told , e dey pain. My ex named her first son after me. Tho I doubt if the husband is aware.

But will I condone such behavior? NO. It is very disrespectful. Me think she should just have a heart-to-heart talk with the husband. Let him know it's not fair & it's hurts.

Divorce? That's way too early.

12 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by afanide: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2016
She's not the first in such situation and shouldnt worry herself.

Refer he to OPM Port-Harcourt. I have heared thousands of testimonies concerning this same issue.
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by kinggogo: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2016
Adaobi is a pretty nyc name

She myt jst b over-reacting
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by thorpido(m): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2016
If she decides to quit the marriage,what happens to the name ADAOBI?Will she change it?

I thought couples agree on names before birth/naming ceremony.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by pyyxxaro: 10:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Give them Parachute

So that it won't crash embarassed cry

Which Airline did they enter cry cry cry tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2016
Let her call her child by the name she desires. She is the mother and most times, the names our mothers call us will stick more. Everyone will know us by that name. The other (Adaobi) may only be used for school records.
Its painful but in my opinion its not enough reason to quit the marriage yet. So if they ask her, she will say I walked out cos he named my child after his ex...
Ppl will shake their head at her.

Didnt she know he still loved his ex b4 accepting to marry him. Why is she complaining now? She should continue the way she started and work towards making her man love her more if she feels otherwise. Its possible he will forget the other lady with time and care but the man no try sha. When you marry, you should forsake all others and face your own. His ex is even married. Her husband should be flogged.

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by dangotesmummy: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2016
Yet another one undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by zed7: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2016
Is Ada not the name Igbos give to their first daughters? What's d big deal if an ex also answers Ada, because she is also the first daughter of her parents.
So she wants a divorce? I'll gladly divorce an immature and petty woman like that if i was married to her.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2016
Viking007:
Truth be told , e dey pain. My ex named her first son after me. Tho I doubt if the husband is aware.

But will I condone such behavior? NO. It is very disrespectful. Me think she should just have a heart-to-heart talk with the husband. Let him know it's not fair & it's hurts.

Divorce? That's way too early.

shocked That your Ex must have been really Dickmatized by you cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2016
Loisemm:
Let her call her child by the name she desires. She is the mother and most times, the names our mother call us will stick more. Everyone will know us by that name. The other (Adaobi) may only be used for school records.
Its painful but in my opinion its not enough reason to quit the marriage yet. So if they ask her, she will say I walked out cos he named my child after his ex...
Ppl will shake their head at her.

Didnt she know he still loved his ex b4 accepting to marry him. Why is she complaining now? She should continue the way she started and work towards making her man love her more if she feels otherwise. Its possible he will forget the other lady with time and care but the man no try sha. When you marry, you should forsake all others and face your own. His ex is even married. Her husband should be flogged.

That point where the new lady doesn't erase the memory of the Old one. Then there is fire on the mountain.
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Viking007(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2016
truthsayer007:

cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by abdeiz(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Haven't your cousin seem people who name their children with many names? grandfather get im own, grandmother too get her own, aunties and uncles dey, na Wetin, she too should move own and name her child what ever she so desires and be calling her with that.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by AuroraB(f): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2016
That's downright absurd, goes to show the man's disregard to the woman and disrespect to the union. To you all downplaying her concern, I bet you won't be happy being in her shoes.
She better stamp that name out and make sure it never sticks angry. Cos he wouldn't agree their son be named after the wife's ex undecided
Wubbish sad

13 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Davash222(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2016
truthsayer007:

Choi. Lol
Nairaland get talents ooo
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Richy4(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
OP, please do not just make this as a gossip you heard and wants to share.......Please make sure the end user which happens to be your cousin gets to know about the thoughts of the people you have asked... ..Because I believe there are experienced and intelligent people on NL who might give useful information that might help your cousin...and your job will be to pass it across...

In my opinion, flimsy reason as this is not enough for marriage to hit the rock..... why can't she give the child a name only her will be calling the child if it will make her happy....

Marriage is a deep and serious sh!t, Your cousin was not prepared for it at all....

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by nnamdibig(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
This is not an issue, when your cousin gives birth to a boy, she should name him after her ex shikina.
And again, leave your cousin alone & mind your business.
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
"They that seek me- wisdom- early {before marriage/while dating/after seeing the red flags/after realising he isn't over his ex} shall find me".

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by fowosh: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
it should crash na....wats my own business wt dat
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Chibaby87(f): 12:34am On Nov 07, 2016
If she born a boy, she should name him after her ex too
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by njiasi30(f): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2016
Chai!!! Some men self undecided it would ve been a diff case if u didn't knw abt her. Dere is nothing she can do bc she didn't take her stand 4rm d onset. Why must it b Adaobi, dere re many Ada...he can choose 4rm,nt all first daughter bears Ada.
she shld call her baby d name she likes, tell ppl d name u call her, let Ada only b on her records... Nobody will even know dat her name is Adaobi, with time her hubby will get tired and even join in calling her d name d wife named dere baby.

Divorce is out of d issue and 4 ppl telling u to name ur son after ur ex, if ur hus knew abt him sorry is ur name. Unless u want to start what u can't finish. Two wrong don't make a right. Its painful tho undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by dayleke: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
Eleyi gidi but ko gan....
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
Some battles are not worth starting much more fighting. How did your sister arrive the conclusion that the hubby named their daughter after an ex? Is it your sister's insecurities disturbing her undecided

If the child is their first child or daughter, the likelihood of her being named an Ada-something is 95%. Your sister should chill abeg. Some people like giving themselves unnecessary headache sha.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Teddyjames: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
Let her go biko, nobody will tell her to come back. Over to you guys in the street, free Pomo is about to enter street. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Teddyjames: 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Most of our young ladies are not ready to start a family and not even ripe for marriage. Most problems are not from the men but the ladies. She wants to leave her home just because of ex's name. Just imagine, I will be glad if she leaves and learn to protect her home. U've said it all
ifyalways:
Some battles are not worth starting much more fighting. How did your sister arrive the conclusion that the hubby named their daughter after an ex? Is it your sister's insecurities disturbing her undecided

If the child is their first child or female daughter, the likelihood of her being named an Ada-something is 95%. Your sister should chill abeg. Some people like giving themselves unnecessary headache sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by suraaj(m): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
general111:
Did her husband tell her that he christened his daughter adaobi because of his unforgettable ex?even if he did, she shouldn't quit her marriage.she should try to make him love her more becos,if he married her,it means he also has love for her,even though it may not be like the one he had for his ex.
she should not jump to conclusion biko because such would have happen in my marriage too not because of the love of my ex but because I naturally fall in love with the name itself.but for now I have four BOYS but still waiting for a girl to name with the name.
Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by ElsonMorali: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
I guess the million dollar question is why did she marry him if she knew she couldn't play second fiddle to a memory.

I'm sure she was aware that the man still had strong feelings for the ex.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Marriage Is About To Crash by Viking007(m): 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
suraaj:
she should not jump to conclusion biko because such would have happen in my marriage too not because of the love of my ex but because I naturally fall in love with the name itself.but for now I have four BOYS but still waiting for a girl to name with the name.

Interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things To Never Say To Your Daughter-in-law / My Mother Hates Me / Now my watch is ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.