Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,792 members, 7,866,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names (8536 Views)

Pastor 'Delivers' Mad Man In Edo After Years Of Madness (Photos) / "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
jonbellion:
lol agnosticism is more of " I don't know and you didn't don't either"
I've told you the gods portrayed by religion are false. Because I said the Abrahamic god is a lie doesn't mean I can claim there is no God
Understand

agnosticism is more of I do not know but I refuse to accept yours until I find out for myself what the truth is.

is that what you are doing?
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by DeSepiero(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

unlike the lot of you my identity is know and not hidden even here on NL. feel free to dig up my unpleasant truth...I even shared one of my construction site info with a nairalander here whom I offered a job...look it up and pay me a visit when you can.

The 'unpleasant truth' I speak of has nothing to do with your occupation; I'm not interested.
I talk about your attitude. Every chance you have to chat with someone (of a different belief system) is a chance to exchange ideas on a "subject". Don't turn it into something personal driven by ego.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by wirinet(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your explanation of an atheistic mind is too lenghty...Let me abridge it for you..Op he means the atheistic mind Is full of skeptism....So if an atheistic mind is naturally skeptical what degree of evidence would clear its skeptism?

Yes the atheistic mind is full of skepticism, we do not accept anything on face value or by faith.
Present your claims, present your evidence and let the skeptic himself decide.

If he shows you video proof you could say he already told the mad man his name prior to the video.

If he shows you witness accounts you could call them paid lackies.

Heck you could even go as far as saying the md man may not be mad afterall and just an actor.
Let him show the video proof and eye witness account first before we can argue about the veracity and validy of the evidence. Here he presented no video proof, no witness account, not even a claim. He only said he heard his name and ran.

How can you from just his post know that the man was actually man? Do you have his medical records or account from close family members. Some people are termed mad because the do not conform to normal societal behaviours, some suffer different types of mental diseases.

So what evidence can satisfy a skeptical atheistic mind?

The skeptical atheistic mind is like a law court, present your evidence and then the person can decide whether the evidence provided supports the claims.

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

The 'unpleasant truth' I speak of has nothing to do with your occupation; I'm not interested.
I talk about your attitude. Every chance you have to chat with someone (of a different belief system) is a chance to exchange ideas on a "subject". Don't turn it into something personal driven by ego.

I see you failed to see the signpost I placed showing you who the egotistical ones are here on NL.... I suggest you reverse and read the signs.. kindly stop quoting me.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2016
wirinet:

Yes the atheistic mind is full of skepticism, we do not accept anything on face value or by faith.
Present your claims, present your evidence and let the skeptic himself decide.

Let him show the video proof and eye witness account first before we can argue about the veracity and validy of the evidence. Here he presented no video proof, no witness account, not even a claim. He only said he heard his name and ran.

How can you from just his post know that the man was actually man? Do you have his medical records or account from close family members. Some people are termed mad because the do not conform to normal societal behaviours, some suffer different types of mental diseases.

The skeptical atheistic mind is like a law court, present your evidence and then the person can decide whether the evidence provided supports the claims.

Are all judgments passed in law courts true? If so why are we seeing wrongful convictions? People being sentenced for crimes they did not commit and later being released years later when they realised their error...was there no evidence that showed their innocence in truth?

Using the law court in your defence is erroneous because the law court is not about truths but who can argue facts better even if those facts are lies...why do you think lawyers are fondly called liars?

If I see a man killed and in a pool of blood and the murder weapon is right there and I ignorantly pick it up while yelling for help for the dying man. People on the scene would say they saw nobody else except me and my prints are all over the weapon and the victims blood is on me.

The law would find me guilty since my defence has no witnesses for me but is that judgment based on truth or facts on falsehood?

The atheist mind is just like that....a twisted skeptical maze.

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by DeSepiero(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I see you failed to see the signpost I placed showing you who the egotistical ones are here on NL.... I suggest you reverse and read the signs.. kindly stop quoting me.

I saw it, but you can't stop talking about yourself and your accomplishments can you? You just finished boasting about your profile, company and employees in a thread created by someone seeking answers.
Tell me one more time that you're not egocentric. angry
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by jonbellion(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

I saw it, but you can't stop talking about yourself and your accomplishments can you? You just finished boasting about your profile, company and employees in a thread created by someone seeking answers.
lol the thread is already derailed as it is

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

You call it boasting I call it truth and I am proud of it.... My God has blessed and is still blessing me and I owe everything to him... Now if you are quite finished ..stop quoting me.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by jcross19: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:
You need deliverance, he shouldn't know your full name, he should only know your authority in the Kingdom of light.
no deliverance is needed here okay!!!! Then are you telling me that jesus need deliverance when that mad man of gaderah call jesus the son of God ? The evil spirits inside the mad man knew who the op is and is a sign of greatness.

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by jcross19: 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

Though your story is strange, the fact is 'anyone could possibly know your name. Anyone, at anytime. Its all about chance.

Second, how certain are you that he's not from your village. Do you know everyone from your village?
lol funny!!!!! A mad woman have came straightforward to me in the midst of crowd and told me about dream I had in some days back!!! What about that how did she knows? Huh!!!!.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by promise10: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

You are not ready
if you can answer, why not storm out?!
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by promise10: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
stonemasonn:
It might be trial and error.

OP abeg ask the madman for Monday special lottery winnings for tomorrow lets start from there.

#atheisticDelusion1
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by raphieMontella: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So says the agnostic who feels he is open minded yet his posts show an acute closemindedness...

He defines his stance as diluted atheism yet he is sitting tight on staunch atheism based on his comments.

Honesty is a beauty very few can wear. ....Naijadeyhia 2016
so you think you are honest?
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by promise10: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

I don't think its a mystery at all.
You only think he called your name. Our brain is quiet suited for molding information from little bits. Sounds and faces are one of the brains strong points.
That's why sometime you can see a face Patten in clouds or sand. In fact the slightest hint of facial features and the brain is already at work trying to form a face. Same with sound, our brains are primed to recognise human sounds and make accurate information from it, and our names are one of the first things we learn and we all respond to it sometimes without thinking.
The madman probably mumbled out a bunch of words that sounded like your name. And since its in Igbo and not English its easier to confuse. Your brain then constructed the gibberish into something meaningful like your name. As you said the madman didn't repeat it and if he had you would have heard clearly that it wasn't your name.
Totally explainable your brain constructed the name from gibberish.

Bro, i feel so disgraceful to see your comments on NL. Why can't you use your senses?

This is the same guys that said "snowflakes are codes!".

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by promise10: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your explanation of an atheistic mind is too lenghty...Let me abridge it for you..Op he means the atheistic mind Is full of skeptism....So if an atheistic mind is naturally skeptical what degree of evidence would clear its skeptism?
NONE!

If he shows you video proof you could say he already told the mad man his name prior to the video.
come on bro! there default response to this would: "oh this scammer is kidding me, HE STAGED IT!"

If he shows you witness accounts you could call them paid lackies.
100%

Heck you could even go as far as saying the md man may not be mad afterall and just an actor.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! you know them better!

So what evidence can satisfy a skeptical atheistic mind?
NONE!

At worst they can even claim to be drugged or hallucinating!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
promise10:

Bro, i feel so disgraceful to see your comments on NL. Why can't you use your senses?

This is the same guys that said "snowflakes are codes!".
Eh huh. Believe what you want I simply answered a question with logic
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by promise10: 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Eh huh. Believe what you want I simply answered a question with logic
which logic please?

if your above post equals any slightest form of intelligent logic, then i REJECT every bit of it!

it is just an abuse on the word 'intelligence"!
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
promise10:

which logic please?

if your above post equals any slightest form of intelligent logic, then i REJECT every bit of it!

it is just an abuse on the word 'intelligence"!
Lol grin
I operated within the premise that his story wasn't a lie.
But if you can do better please do.
Present a logical explanation to how the madman knew his name.
And please try not to shame the black race more as you do it.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by wirinet(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are all judgments passed in law courts true? If so why are we seeing wrongful convictions? People being sentenced for crimes they did not commit and later being released years later when they realised their error...was there no evidence that showed their innocence in truth?

That is the point. Since the judge or the jury as the case may be, were not physical eye witnesses to the crime, they have to rely only on evidence to convict or acquit the suspect. There is no other way, except you suggest they consult Ifa or Ayilala to convict the suspect. This is not about the truth, this is what can be proven with available evidence.

Using the law court in your defence is erroneous because the law court is not about truths but who can argue facts better even if those facts are lies ...why do you think lawyers are fondly called liars?
As i asked, if using the law court to attempt to get at the truth is erroneous, what else do you suggest, Spiritual means?

I love the quote i bolded. Just as the law courts are not neccessarily about the truth but who have better evidence to support the supposed facts, even if these facts are lies, the same way science is not neccessarily about the truth but evidences that support the supposed truth, even if these truth are "lies". That is why scientific facts are subject to revisions and sometimes reversions due to new evidences. The same way, new evidences are used to exonorate a previously convicted person.
You are engaging in what is called hasty generalization. Not all lawyers are liars, some lawyers lawyers are truthful. The same way not all scientists are truthful, some scientists try to falsify and fake evidence to support their arguments while a vast majority is only after the truth. Science has a peer review mechanism that try to weed out false evidences and dishonest scientists.

If I see a man killed and in a pool of blood and the murder weapon is right there and I ignorantly pick it up while yelling for help for the dying man. People on the scene would say they saw nobody else except me and my prints are all over the weapon and the victims blood is on me.

The law would find me guilty since my defence has no witnesses for me but is that judgment based on truth or facts on falsehood?
In a proper just society the law would not find you guilty simply because you are holding a knife beside a stabed victim, otherwise O J simpson would have been in prison for life. To prove murder, you will have to prove motive and intent in addition to having the murder, and you will have to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt.

The atheist mind is just like that....a twisted skeptical maze.
Fallacy of the century. It is you theists that are a cocophony of twisted and delusional beliefs. Atheist simply say prove that your God exists.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
wirinet:

That is the point. Since the judge or the jury as the case may be, were not physical eye witnesses to the crime, they have to rely only on evidence to convict or acquit the suspect. There is no other way, except you suggest they consult Ifa or Ayilala to convict the suspect. This is not about the truth, this is what can be proven with available evidence.

As i asked, if using the law court to attempt to get at the truth is erroneous, what else do you suggest, Spiritual means?

I love the quote i bolded. Just as the law courts are not neccessarily about the truth but who have better evidence to support the supposed facts, even if these facts are lies, the same way science is not neccessarily about the truth but evidences that support the supposed truth, even if these truth are "lies". That is why scientific facts are subject to revisions and sometimes reversions due to new evidences. The same way, new evidences are used to exonorate a previously convicted person.
You are engaging in what is called hasty generalization. Not all lawyers are liars, some lawyers lawyers are truthful. The same way not all scientists are truthful, some scientists try to falsify and fake evidence to support their arguments while a vast majority is only after the truth. Science has a peer review mechanism that try to weed out false evidences and dishonest scientists.

In a proper just society the law would not find you guilty simply because you are holding a knife beside a stabed victim, otherwise O J simpson would have been in prison for life. To prove murder, you will have to prove motive and intent in addition to having the murder, and you will have to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt.

Fallacy of the century. It is you theists that are a cocophony of twisted and delusional beliefs. Atheist simply say prove that your God exists.

Atheists say provide proof of God yet are skeptically close minded and fail to understand that their skeptical physical mind cannot rationalise a spiritual occurrence. Oga I am done with you. let me be.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by wirinet(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Atheists say provide proof of God yet are skeptically close minded and fail to understand that their skeptical physical mind cannot rationalise a spiritual occurrence. Oga I am done with you. let me be.
If our physical minds cannot rationalise God, how then can people like you claim to be able to rationalize him/her or even it. How can we know the emperor is wearing clothes if the clothes are invisible to the eyes?
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
wirinet:

If our physical minds cannot rationalise God, how then can people like you claim to be able to rationalize him/her or even it. How can we know the emperor is wearing clothes if the clothes are invisible to the eyes?

I have what you lack...Its called faith and His spirit. .Till you get both then we are done.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
Appleyard:

Yeah. I believe you must have been shocked to hear your name from a source you had never imagined, therefore you running away is well understood. But what I think you should have done is to stay put, ask him some questions and and see if he had something meaningful to say. He could be trying to pass you a message or a warning. Things like this just don't happen for the fun of it; there is a always a significant perspective to them.

If, like you said you're a Christian, and a fervent one, you could have command the spirit in him to speak out or keep silence before you, because there is certainly a demonic spirit possessing the mad man, and that evil spirit recognizes something in you, which could be related to your spiritual life (as happened to Paul in Acts 16) or something relating to your past life (ancestral background-forefathers and idol worshipping), or something that is to happen to you in the future.
Believe me, there is always a connection to this things. In the spiritual realm, nothing happens by chance.

Notwithstanding, based on what your friend told you that it is a regular with that particular mad man, you may need not worry since it might have been just another demon-possessed fund of name-calling. But on the other hand, you may want to ask: how many people in that neighborhood are complaining of the same mysterious embarrassment? If the answer is on the negative, then we are back to the aforementioned possibilities cited above.

The bottom line is that, from now on, you have to be more spiritually conscious of yourself/environment. But don't panick and never believe some of the nonsense some people above me are saying-that you are demonically possess. Just like Paul, you're not. So, chill and focus on your spiritual life.

That's all.

Thank you so much brother!

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

I don't think its a mystery at all.
You only think he called your name. Our brain is quiet suited for molding information from little bits. Sounds and faces are one of the brains strong points.
That's why sometime you can see a face Patten in clouds or sand. In fact the slightest hint of facial features and the brain is already at work trying to form a face. Same with sound, our brains are primed to recognise human sounds and make accurate information from it, and our names are one of the first things we learn and we all respond to it sometimes without thinking.
The madman probably mumbled out a bunch of words that sounded like your name. And since its in Igbo and not English its easier to confuse. Your brain then constructed the gibberish into something meaningful like your name. As you said the madman didn't repeat it and if he had you would have heard clearly that it wasn't your name.
Totally explainable your brain constructed the name from gibberish.

In essence, I'm mad too or hallucinating? Continue...
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 07, 2016
HardMirror:

when will you folks get sense?
someone has given you a very good advice up there, go back and start feeding him in return for sure lottery winnings. when you have made at least 50 million naira from his predictions, then you can mention me again so i will take you serious.
i dont have time for all these yeye talk childish tales by moon light

1. I expected something logical from you
2. I have no plans of getting close to any mad man, not to talk of the one with extraordinary behavior
3. I don't bet
4. I didn't say the mad man said he has access to winning lotto numbers
5. He called my name

Remain Blessed
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Weah96:

Yes, but remember that the nature of the evidence is anecdotal. It could be true but it is also possible that the storyteller is a Nairaland Christian sockpuppet, someone who is hell-bent on inventing a thought puzzle for atheist to solve.
I would love to hear the testimony of Hausa, Yoruba, or Ijaw people who may have passed by the madman. Is this talent reserved only for human pedestrians who are of Igbo descent?
Without being able to authenticate the story, all I can say is that it defies credulity. It may be that he witnessed a true manifestation of the so called psychic endowment.

Just like Chibok girls, Boko Haram and Herdsmen killings lack credulity to me cos I haven't witnessed them...
Every man to his opinion
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by olureignforever: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
H
Princewilla:
I Really regret that this will be my first post since joining Nairaland 2011.
Anyway back to topic., I just got into this neighborhood recently, only few people know me, the one's that even know me, knows only my first name Princewill

So I was returning from Church this morning, when I met this mad man, he was literally standing on the way, just as I was about to pass, he called out 'Ejyk nwa-eze nwa-okegwo biko chorom something'

I was transfixed, not only did he call my name, but he even called upto my Grandpa's name;

For the records, it's only my Grandpa (now late) that calls me just like this mad man did.

I told a friend of mine who lives in the same area and he told me that's a regular occurrence with that particular mad man.

I really want to know if there is any logical explanation to this or maybe atheists can help me unravel this mystery

Seun & Lalasticlala pls can more people see this?

Dear, don't disturb urself, Mad people see what we can't see, I remember when baba ijebu was new, a mad man gave about five no. to someone and the person won ever since then, I see people calling that mad man name saying "give me no" and those no will always win. Next time you should have given him something, you might receive pleasant suprises. My people will say, o ti di ebora. I.e he has turn to diety.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
Princewilla:

In essence, I'm mad too or hallucinating? Continue...
grin No oh
I simply said you heard something else and your brain translated it into your name.
You would have waited for the mad man to repeat it.
If you had you would have discovered it wasn't your name he was calling
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by wirinet(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
Princewilla:

1. I expected something logical from you
2. I have no plans of getting close to any mad man, not to talk of the one with extraordinary behavior
3. I don't bet
4. I didn't say the mad man said he has access to winning lotto numbers
5. He called my name

Remain Blessed

Why the morbid fear of the mad man? Was he exhibiting violent behaviour? Phsychiatic doctors deal with mad men everyday.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by wirinet(m): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
olureignforever:
H

Dear, don't disturb urself, Mad people see what we can't see, I remember when baba ijebu was new, a mad man gave about five no. to someone and the person won ever since then, I see people calling that mad man name saying "give me no" and those no will always win. Next time you should have given him something, you might receive pleasant suprises. My people will say, o ti di ebora. I.e he has turn to diety.

The bolded is what we skeptics hate. You made a claim with no name, location or any detail, but you want us to believe it as the truth. How do you expect someone to verify this your story.

1 Like

Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

^^^^
Folks reading this thread..right up there is a classic example of what delusion looks like...or what confusion was defined from.

Some people never know when to shut up..But must spill trash everywhere just to refute anything and make themselves sound intelligent.

Wisdom says be quiet but the foolishness in man just has to speak... tsk tsk tsk ...They never listen!
That my vile friend is a logical explanation using well known occurrences, if you can give a more logical answer please do.
Re: Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
jcross19:
no deliverance is needed here okay!!!! Then are you telling me that jesus need deliverance when that mad man of gaderah call jesus the son of God ? The evil spirits inside the mad man knew who the op is and is a sign of greatness.

Did the man call his name in fear like it happened with Jesus and the mad man of Gaderah?

The mad man was not afraid of him but rather he called all his names as if they were kinsmen or childhood friends, without fear at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout Bishop David Oyedepo’s Luxurious House, Cars And Private Jet / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.