Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,549 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

"A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man (31823 Views)

Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard / Man Told That An Evil Item Is Buried At His Office (Photos) / Lokoja Pastor Attempts To Heal A Mad Man And Was Beaten (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2018
Read Fola Olatunji-David's story below:

God is still in the business of embarrassing us with miracles.

Mentally deranged man's photo used for illustration purposes only
Summary
My car stopped on the road today in Surulere.

Was stranded for 45 mins trying to diagnose and find help.

A half naked MADMAN shows up and tells me what to do (go buy fuel).

15 mins later, problem solved.

History:
Took the car to the shop for some mechanical work a few days back... As per Naija mechanic (fix one, spoil another), he spoilt the fuel gauge. So I didn't realise I was out of fuel (guage was still well over half, and i hadn't driven car in days to remember proper level)

After my informed diagnosis of problem elimination, I conclude that the new fuel pump that was replaced must have been fake. Thank God I kept the old one right? Wrong! I start to struggle with the back seat of the Toyota to access the fuel pump cannister.

Just to be on the safe side, I decide to try starting again. I was wearing a white dress shirt, and was already half soaked in sweat. This guy shows up shirtless and starts to shout "Na the fuel". Thinking it was a tout, I just ignored and continued my "work

After 10 mins of struggling and not making headway, I step out of the car to catch my breath. This guy starts walking to me, it was then I realised that he wasn't a boy in the hood showing off his abs, but a middle aged man who was mentally unbalanced and destitute. MAD MAN!

I was certain today was an unfortunate day because not only was my car bad on Eric Moore Road, I was going to be accosted by a mad man. He calmly walks up to me and says "Oga it's the fuel, go and buy fuel". I said thank you to let him leave me peacefully, and he did!

A few problems here (in my mind):
1. My gauge said otherwise
2. Even if, I didn't have a keg to buy the fuel
3. I didnt know where to buy the fuel
4. It definitely wasn't the fuel - I now remembered that I bought a full tank less than a week, and hadn't gone anywhere with it

30 seconds later, this guy comes back with a dirty 5 litres keg with a makeshift cover made of all the nylons and "pure water" satchets he could find, and says I should "leave here and go buy fuel". Y'all know that in Nigeria, leave here is not an advice, it's a warning.

I decided I needed a break either ways, and I was probably in his turf. As I was flagging a bike he didn't say a word, just looked at me like he was going to sell my car the moment I went out of view. Today couldnt get worse! Have you had a mad man angry at you before?

Anyways, I make a quick trip to the conoil up the road, and come back. Get back to my car and the mad man was gone! Hallelujah. Next up create a funnel out of empty plastic water bottle, I grab one bottle from the car, looking for something sharp to cut it.

Couldnt find something in the car so decided to improvise. Immediately I came out the car guess who was holding an already cut bottle... Yes, this mad man. He gives me and moves back (as you would if you gave someone something very dear to you). I was half spooked, half amused.

Anyways, i pour the fuel, run the engine and the car starts on the spot as if I just drove from servicing... I couldn't believe it. I had reluctantly bought the fuel and wasn't expecting it to work. Stunned i start to thank the guy and he was just smiling.

I reached out to thank him, but by now he was back to being mad... talking complete rubbish and point to the ground and stuff! I forced 1000 on him and left. Mad as in, kolo!

Fam! God made a mad man temporarily gain his sanity to sort me out!!!

I grew up hearing my father proclaim "I can never be stranded" and "I was young and now old and never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed beg bread"... Today, those words became life.

It's more amazing because I'm not righteous, not by a mile, but its a continuous testament of God's love and commitment to embarrassing us with his mercy and grace!

I repeat, God used a mad man to help me! Wow.

https://lailasnews.com/guy-recounts-mad-man-temporarily-regained-sanity/

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 19, 2018
there is absolutely no one GOD cannot use......

GOD IS POWERFUL.

186 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Shedrack777: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2018
it is a good thing he helped you

7 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by shadeyinka(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
May we all receive great help from unexpected sources in Jesus Name: Amen

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by free2ryhme: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Read Fola Olatunji-David's story below:

God is still in the business of embarrassing us with miracles.

Mentally deranged man's photo used for illustration purposes only
Summary
My car stopped on the road today in Surulere.

Was stranded for 45 mins trying to diagnose and find help.

A half naked MADMAN shows up and tells me what to do (go buy fuel).

15 mins later, problem solved.

History:
Took the car to the shop for some mechanical work a few days back... As per Naija mechanic (fix one, spoil another), he spoilt the fuel gauge. So I didn't realise I was out of fuel (guage was still well over half, and i hadn't driven car in days to remember proper level)

After my informed diagnosis of problem elimination, I conclude that the new fuel pump that was replaced must have been fake. Thank God I kept the old one right? Wrong! I start to struggle with the back seat of the Toyota to access the fuel pump cannister.

Just to be on the safe side, I decide to try starting again. I was wearing a white dress shirt, and was already half soaked in sweat. This guy shows up shirtless and starts to shout "Na the fuel". Thinking it was a tout, I just ignored and continued my "work

After 10 mins of struggling and not making headway, I step out of the car to catch my breath. This guy starts walking to me, it was then I realised that he wasn't a boy in the hood showing off his abs, but a middle aged man who was mentally unbalanced and destitute. MAD MAN!

I was certain today was an unfortunate day because not only was my car bad on Eric Moore Road, I was going to be accosted by a mad man. He calmly walks up to me and says "Oga it's the fuel, go and buy fuel". I said thank you to let him leave me peacefully, and he did!

A few problems here (in my mind):
1. My gauge said otherwise
2. Even if, I didn't have a keg to buy the fuel
3. I didnt know where to buy the fuel
4. It definitely wasn't the fuel - I now remembered that I bought a full tank less than a week, and hadn't gone anywhere with it

30 seconds later, this guy comes back with a dirty 5 litres keg with a makeshift cover made of all the nylons and "pure water" satchets he could find, and says I should "leave here and go buy fuel". Y'all know that in Nigeria, leave here is not an advice, it's a warning.

I decided I needed a break either ways, and I was probably in his turf. As I was flagging a bike he didn't say a word, just looked at me like he was going to sell my car the moment I went out of view. Today couldnt get worse! Have you had a mad man angry at you before?

Anyways, I make a quick trip to the conoil up the road, and come back. Get back to my car and the mad man was gone! Hallelujah. Next up create a funnel out of empty plastic water bottle, I grab one bottle from the car, looking for something sharp to cut it.

Couldnt find something in the car so decided to improvise. Immediately I came out the car guess who was holding an already cut bottle... Yes, this mad man. He gives me and moves back (as you would if you gave someone something very dear to you). I was half spooked, half amused.

Anyways, i pour the fuel, run the engine and the car starts on the spot as if I just drove from servicing... I couldn't believe it. I had reluctantly bought the fuel and wasn't expecting it to work. Stunned i start to thank the guy and he was just smiling.

I reached out to thank him, but by now he was back to being mad... talking complete rubbish and point to the ground and stuff! I forced 1000 on him and left. Mad as in, kolo!

Fam! God made a mad man temporarily gain his sanity to sort me out!!!

I grew up hearing my father proclaim "I can never be stranded" and "I was young and now old and never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed beg bread"... Today, those words became life.

It's more amazing because I'm not righteous, not by a mile, but its a continuous testament of God's love and commitment to embarrassing us with his mercy and grace!

I repeat, God used a mad man to help me! Wow.

you can never be stranded confession worked for you

8 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by binsanni(m): 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
you too dey mad now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how your fuel go finish, you don't no, and nah mad man con tell you what to do. mehn you are really mad

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by jeronimo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yy
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by cristianisraeli: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018

[/quote]

they are not mad men..they are on drugs...junkies not mad

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by simonlee(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
I think the man is also made... only more severe than the alleged mad man!

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Jh0wsef(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
So you had not driven the car for days and common sense didn't indicate a fuel leak of some sort.

Infact both you, the mad man, the fuel attendant, the owner of the filling station, the car brand owner. All of you are mad undecided

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by MorataFC: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ok
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by MrImole: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Lol
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by ubergold(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Tt
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Untainted007: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Good to read that, but you shud have asked him of 9jabet sure odds or baba Ijebu sure number that can win you millions of naira. It's then I will know he's meant to come and help you.

16 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by BlackPantherxXx: 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Didn't bother reading it because the headline seemed dumb enough

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Bustincole(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
MadMan is now a Prophet grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by afroniger: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
E for ask the mad man 'sure banker' numbers for babajebu. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by moscobabs(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
grin
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Some of these mad men r not mad. Bt informants nd criminals

2 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by ZombieTAMER: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
hajoke2000:
there is absolutely no one GOD cannot use......

GOD IS POWERFUL.
sad

So God cannot cure the mad man
But is quick to use him

Africa's got a long way to go

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by CuteMadridista: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yahweh is such an incompetent god, so he helped this guy fuel his car through a mad man while thousands die daily of easily preventable diseases like starvation and malaria?

It appears Yahweh hasn't got his priorities straight at all if it exists

This is one of the many reasons why I have long maintained despite lip service to things like selflessness and humility, religions mostly function by providing an ego trip to people that allows them to cast aside a bigger picture of reality that they're not able to make sense of, and have a nice smaller picture, with them at the center, where what really matters are those things that happen to them.

I guarantee you if we had a full on nuclear war that saw 90 percent of the world's population killed off, there would be among the survivors jackasses walking around talking about how great God is and how much he loves human beings because they survived, even while the survivors would be living through hellish conditions and dealing with all kinds of illnesses. That is the power of faith, the power of delusion.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Fanatique: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hj
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nonnyflex(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
You for snap am make we go pay into his acant... Personally I need to ask him a thing or two on bet9ja, lotto or pool...

2 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Mutemenot(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Even mad people are becoming helpful in this country .which should we pray for ....mad or sane people ?
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Ademoore07(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Great God..

Away m'aridi
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Lincoln275(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
y u know ask am for sure odds or baba ijebu no
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by nurez305(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
We have not been hearing sex doll news on Nairaland again, are they all pregnant or what?

2 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Sunymoore(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Addressing him as Mentally challenged man will be better than a mad man..
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by MrImole: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
He uses the foolish things of this world to confuse the wise.

4 Likes

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by talk2riel: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Always set your kilometre reading after every purchase of fuel. With that you'll always be on the safe side of fuel don finish for my car
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by dewizzo: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
God works in mysterious ways. Has the heavens is far from Earth, so is His ways far from ours. Selah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by McStiiviin01(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Why you no ask am correct score for 6 football match? wink

Lemme comma be going grin ��

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity - / ‘my Pastor Husband Conspired To Sacrifice Me For Ritual’- Wife (photo) / Pope Francis Puts On Costume To Sneak Out Of Vatican To Help The Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.