Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,576 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before (16788 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Mr Seun Your Attention Is Needed / Mr. Seun Pls Dis Goes To U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by olaolaking: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

Mostly fiction. Bible scholars believe that the bible isn't a historical book. I agree. I wouldn't believe something just because it's in the bible.
Please can you mention even one event that you think is fiction.
I respect your thinking. Years after I left my parents, I thought of it and asked myself if I have been brainwashed by my parents. They referred to the Bible and I asked myself why do I have to believe in bible? I was disturbed for several years until I ask myself one single question. The question made me to ask for another one. And so on.
Today, I don't believe in any pastor nor have special regards for them. But I regard the Bible and believe in it.

Seun please let talk more. Our discussion will be based on facts and reasoning not pastor or parent says.

Thanks
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaolaking:
Please can you mention even one event that you think is fiction.
I can mention more than one: the resurrection of Jesus, his virgin birth, his miracles, and every supernatural event described in the bible.

I rI was disturbed for several years until I ask myself one single question. The question made me to ask for another one. And so on.
Today, I don't believe in any pastor nor have special regards for them. But I regard the Bible and believe in it.
Can you tell me the questions you asked yourself? I can help you to figure out whether the answers you came up with are the right ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

I can mention more than one: the resurrection of Jesus, his virgin birth, his miracles, and every supernatural event mentioned in the bible.

Can you tell me the questions you asked yourself?
Oga Seun i have been following your jibs here about God, you called yourself an atheist,
You embraced creation and rejects the creator.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Montelukast(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun left Christianity for Islam. Why do you think he favor muslims so much? Simple. He's one of them. They even have their own special section. Non-muslims cannot access the muslim section. Amusing.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaolaking:
Leave the scholars. Your view is more important here. You must have heard story of Moses leading the Israelite away from Egypt till they get to the red sea blabla like that. Do you think that is fabricated? Please let me know your mind on this.
Most bible scholars believe that the exodus from Egypt as described in the bible never happened:

"The archaeological data do not accord with what could be expected from the Bible's exodus story:
there is no evidence that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt,
the Sinai Peninsula shows almost no sign of any occupation at all for the entire 2nd millennium BCE,
and even Kadesh-Barnea, where the Israelites are said to have spent 38 years,
was uninhabited prior to the establishment of the Israelite monarchy.
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity <-- Please click the link on the left and read the entire section.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

Most bible scholars believe that the exodus from Egypt as described in the bible never happened:

"The archaeological data do not accord with what could be expected from the Bible's exodus story:
the Sinai Peninsula shows almost no sign of any occupation at all for the entire 2nd millennium BCE,
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity <-- Please click the link on the left and read the entire section.

@ olaolaking: There may be no evidence for now but that does not mean that the Israelities never experienced the Exodus . As time goes on , archaeological evidence to buttress the remaining bible stories will be found

There are numerous evidences for other bible stories

There is now archaeological evidence of Sodom and Gomorrah :https://www.nairaland.com/2674904/pics-archaeologists-discover-city-sodom
There is the unearthed 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah ! : https://www.nairaland.com/2779265/photos-2700-year-old-private

Jesus has now been proven to have never been married : https://www.nairaland.com/3187004/wow-harvard-professor-reveals-truth

Anyone can visit this site to read exciting discoveries validating biblical stories and cities : www.biblearchaeology.org
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Seun(m): 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
chisco82:

Oga Seun i have been following your jibs here about God, you called yourself an atheist,
You embraced creation and rejects the creator.
What makes you so sure that a creator exists? You haven't seen him or talked to him? You just believe because you were brought up that way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Montelukast(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:
What makes you so sure that a creator exists? You haven't seen him or talked to him? You just believe because you were brought up that way.
That is so dumb, closeted muslim!
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by olaolaking: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

"

OK. I am tempted to reply but I will have to read through this link first.
I will get back to you.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Gift101(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

The phone/ipad you're using, i'm sure it created itself, right ?
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
Gift101:
The phone/ipad you're using, i'm sure it created itself, right ?
Living things do build themselves, definitely. You were once nothing more than a microscopic single-celled fertilized egg but that egg took in food inside and outside the womb and built itself into an internet-literate adult. A satanist could take a cocoa seed and plant it in the ground while cursing God, yet that little seed will still grow into a lucrative plant if properly managed because God is not the one who makes seeds grow.

Living things like plants and animals do build themselves through the process of cell division. It's a natural process that doesn't require any divine intervention. The iPad has nothing to do with this. Clearly, it's not a living thing.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HyDef(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Seun:

Well this is one of the most apt remarks towards creationists, honestly, I feel it's brilliant.

However, a lot of them will carry their delusions and tell you that they have truly talked to God.

I remember when my fanatical roommate was telling us about how he was praying at around 3 AM and then the sky opened, white and bright, in the middle of the night, with light pouring down. Yes... That was my oddest roommate. I remember wondering whether that seriously happened, or whether he was simply delusional. Now I know which I'd think.

He used to nearly cry as he prayed... Maybe he actually did. Roll on the floor he did as well. And sing in tongues too. He was odd.

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2016
Seun:
And you just believe that the creations just existed? Just nairaland just appears.
On your own you never reason that nothing happen without a cause, if you have, have thought about how the creations came into existence? If you have then you must know there is a creator but if you have n't then you need your head examine. Sorry for the bolded sir but i got to say that, maybe that will help you to think about it. Oh i see you are part of the new age group who support abortion but went all out to protect animal right.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by tobillionaire(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2016
Seun:

Living things do build themselves, definitely. You were once nothing more than a microscopic single-celled fertilized egg but that egg took in food inside and outside the womb and built itself into an internet-literate adult. A satanist could take a cocoa seed and plant it in the ground while cursing God, yet that little seed will still grow into a lucrative plant if properly managed because God is not the one who makes seeds grow.

Living things like plants and animals do build themselves through the process of cell division. It's a natural process that doesn't require any divine intervention. The iPad has nothing to do with this. Clearly, it's not a living thing.
. well mr seun... i See u dont believe God exists. buh hope believe charms exists if you dont, p.m me ur address let me com charm u nd See whether or Not u wont Transfer all d money in ur account to Mine without u knowing.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by DangotePikin: 11:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Seun:
Nairaland is based in Ota, I'm sure Mr Seun Osewa must have toured Faith tabernacle in the past, you were probably not too impressed, that's why you didn't remain there.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by DangotePikin: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yungkid101:

Read: [b]www.nairaland.com/2290872/pastor-osinbajo-fulfiled-pastor-adebo[/url]

I'm even sure PMB might die in his tenure in order for osinbajo to become president.
But why did we know of this prophecy after it became clear that APC have won the election?

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun, u reason well bro

To all those believing in religion , hope u know wat ur bible tells u to do b4 u cn mk heaven.

Did God know Adam and Eve was going to eat that apple?

Why did he even "create" the apple?if only we can think with our brains and not believe what has been passed from generation to generation

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by DangotePikin: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2017
Yungkid101:

Wow...

And still you're an athiest ?

Sir to tell you the truth, there's no way you can change until you witness the powerful miracles of God by yourself. If you keep on watching videos of powerful miracles it won't change your mind because even if you somehow believe in your heart that the miracles are real, your brain will refuse to believe it and you'll start trying to think of ways to give excuse of the miracle being fake.

Romans 8:6

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Sir Seun, in your case i'll advise you not to set your mind on the flesh (your brain), but instead set your mind on the spirit (your heart) and you shall know that God exist.
why do I think that if Mr Seun had mentioned a church in Otta, you would have looked for a way to link his skepticism in religion to his chosen place of worship?
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Seun:
I stopped going to church years before starting Nairaland. My folks forced me to attend church and the daily family prayer time for a while, but when I started asking questions they couldn't answer, they stopped, because they didn't want me to influence my siblings to lose their faith too.

Here's a thread titled "Why I Am Not A Christian Anymore" which I posted less than a year after starting Nairaland.
Honestly some people are really good in lying..Why was that guy lying sad

2 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Seun:

It would be unwise if the marriage is meant to be a life partnership. Imagine sharing a serious problem with your wife and instead of something sensible she tells you that demons are responsible and the solution is prayer and fasting. Or worse, she deliberately offers no support because she thinks the problem may drive you back to God. She'll try to use 'the rod' to force the children to go to church because the bible says so. If you decide to adopt a black cat and an owl, she'll say "over my dead body" because she thinks they can be used by witches to harm the family. Worst of all, when we are free, instead of using the time for acrobatics, she may use it for prayer and fasting and seeking the 'face of God'. sad
lol

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2018

Pls kindly look for someoneelse to quote and stop trolling me. I know what I know and you know yours. ..Some see see soft drink as a taboo and a poison and embrace alcohol while others see alcohol as a poison and embrace sfot drinks..

What I know is what I know via experience and not literature...Pls stop quoting me.

Prayer is a perspective....it needs to be looked at from the angle of who is praying first and foremost. ..What level of relationship has the person arrived at? Fasting itself is not a law...its a choice in relationship for a personal gain. you think we fast so we draw closer to God? We fast so we can kill the flesh. ..its for mans own good and not for Gods good.

abeg leave me.
Lmao...Boss don tire for d guy..
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
EyeHateGod:

You Christians Are Very Silly. It seams you Guys don't know what Atheism Really means, It seams You guys Don't Understand the Journey B4 we Got to That Point...
I've spent hours on this thread.Best so far.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Icecream4U:
so your pastor go milk am dry abi? undecided
This guy dey hustle for him pastor sha. You know how much be 10% of seun income? Your pastor go leave orna focus on seun, I swear!
lol

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Seun:

I can mention more than one: the resurrection of Jesus, his virgin birth, his miracles, and every supernatural event described in the bible.

Can you tell me the questions you asked yourself? I can help you to figure out whether the answers you came up with are the right ones.
You made a lot of points and really did your research..I respect you for bringing out all these points with proof.."Most" of these religious folks I wont say "all" are hypocrits and pretenders and fear to speak about how they feel about their religion.Whether its true or not I dont care as long as my heart is pure. I also stay at ota close to obj/estate but I respect your privacy as I am also a very private too in reality..Only open on forums like this grin.The privacy is better to stay out of this world troubles..i.e envy jealousy controversies just like Mr. satoshi. smiley..Hopefully we'll see one day..I really wish to at least keep chating with such a very intelligent fellow..At least keep visiting here sir..Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Mujtahida: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
otemanuduno:
You should have told us from the beginning that you wanted to advertise Pastorpreneur church for us. Imagine, Seun became great after leaving religion and not before. I got a comfortable job a day after leaving xtianity and not before. Don't you think the gods of religions are the devils? Well... as for me I have the conviction that Yahweh is Satan. What is Yahweh to you?
That's exactly what I believe too. Yahweh the murderous, vengeful, wicked, twisted god of the Jews is Satan.

Most Jews do not like to admit it, but our god is Lucifer -- so I wasn't lying -- and we are his chosen people. Lucifer is very much alive.'" Harold Rosenthal

https://www.henrymakow.com/lucifers_chosen_people.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos) / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.