Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! (69991 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Re:Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So - Good Muyis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by mfm04622: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
A witch or wizard is a person who has been granted supernatural powers by 'the devil' and uses them to perpetrate evil against other people.

I don't believe that 'the devil' exists. I don't believe that supernatural powers exist. Consequently, I don't believe witches could possibly exist.

When I read about women and children being beaten and killed for "witchcraft", I feel terrible because I know they're almost certainly innocent.

Do you disagree with me? If so, please share with me the evidence you've come across that has convinced you that witchcraft is real. Thanks.

Let me tell you my personal experience. Not witches or wizards but an experience that shows we are more than flesh and bones.
In 1992, I was in SS3. I was schooling in Ebenezer Comprehensive High School while living in Iba Estate. So, on this day, when I dropped at Iyana Ipaja, while walking from under bridge to the park where I will take Iyana Iba bus, a voice in my head told me that if I miss the bus presently loading, I will suffer that night. So I started running. When I got to the bus, the last passenger was just boarding. No other bus on ground. The conductor offered me to sit beside him, and refused. That was around 7 pm. The bus left and I really suffered that night! No other bus came, by th time I decided to break t journey by boarding Isheri bus, they were nowhere to be found! Around 10 PM, I was standing by the road and a trailer was in my front. The voice came again and asked to beg the driver for a lift. I disregarded it I got to my Estate gate after 12 am and I saw the same trailer packed outside the estate gate! Next day, I discovered my neighbour was in that trailer with his goods! I don't get the voice again. We are certainly more than flesh and bones
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Its real Dont wish to see them
I wish to see them not afraid of em
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by lekkie073(m): 8:16am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

The existence of witchcraft won't necessarily prove the existence of God, you know.

How do you know where to meet them? Have you met them there before? Did they demonstrate their supernatural abilities to you during your visit? If so, please tell us the full story!
a witch or wizard happens to be a person with supernatural powers who has the tendency to use such powers to afflict another person. Seun, have u ever watched a magician doing his thing before?
if yes, then i can tell u dat magicians are wizards of a lower order.
if no, then let me know so dat i can arrange for u to see one at a time of ur choosing but it will definitely cost u monetarily.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Lilimax(f): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun, you don't need to believe on witches for me to know that Witches and Wizards exist.
So far my Bible tells me to Suffer not a Witch to live (Exodus 22:18), your believe is immaterial to me.
Selah!

Therefore I use this medium to come against every witchcraft spirit operating on Nairaland to
die by fire except they repent and confess Jesus Christ...

4 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2016
Why always Benin when talking about witches??

Anyone from Edo care to explain

grin
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2016
The greatest strategy of defeating your enemy is to make him believe you dont exist.

Its fun watching you bask in your ignorance. cheesy angry

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by yormieK(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2016
I've always been an ignorant of these not until I YouTube some videos of people with supernatural powers. You might want to do the same.....they real
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Lilimax:
Seun, you don't need to believe on witches for me to know that Witches and Wizards exist.
So far my Bible tells me to Suffer not a Witch to live (Exodus 22:18), your believe is immaterial to me.
Selah!

Therefore I use this medium to come against every witchcraft spirit operating on Nairaland to
die by fire except they repent and confess Jesus Christ...

what the Bleep.....

Mods; please note this moniker.

Possibly another deranged religious person on the loose

3 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Marv650(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Before you argue read matthew 12:43-45 so for sure evil spirit exist without doubt, i've witnessed some, support for witchcraft are supplied by confession of people who have given up witchcraft for example one african magazine quotes witches mostly teenage girls (i kill 150people by causing motor accidents. I killed 5 children by sucking up all their alone. I killed 3 boyfriends because they played me. ) i personally know one who allegedly killed a pastor because he came to pray in their school. And also a girl beside our shop who kill her mistress because she beat her, she wasn't punished because her mother was a chief. Remember this though THE NAME OF JEHOVAH IS A STRONG TOWER. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Zenlife: 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016
kinggogo:
Oohh so to u evn pastors r tricksters shocked undecided

Absolutely undoubtedly!!!
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by nkpommpko(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016
davtosh:

grin grin you gave me a good laugh in the middle of the night.
But thats a lame excuse you are only afraid when you are ready to do it inform me I would be there with a police in muffty around the corner so nothing like that would happen.
Bro you are only scared grin you no get liver Na to just form atheists on internet.
Real ATHEISTS don't fear. grin
but its true now, there should be a better way of proving they do not have any powers just a name. They way I believe in God is different. He is Divine can't be seen in the form we imagine the thing you can do is persive him, and that is only when whatever is happening to you is in Line with his divine formation negatively or positively, the rest is hog Wash.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Dannidom(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
A witch or wizard is a person who has been granted supernatural powers by 'the devil' and uses them to perpetrate evil against other people.

I don't believe that 'the devil' exists. I don't believe that supernatural powers exist. Consequently, I don't believe witches could possibly exist.

When I read about women and children being beaten and killed for "witchcraft", I feel terrible because I know they're almost certainly innocent.

Do you disagree with me? If so, please share with me the evidence you've come across that has convinced you that witchcraft is real. Thanks.
Mr let's argue it out and not making wishful assertions

Do you believe in hierarchy?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Lilimax(f): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2016
SirWere:

what the Bleep.....

Mods; please note this moniker.

Possibly another deranged religious person on the loose

Mr Were, I may need to cast out that spirit of insanity in your name before responding to your comment.
Don't you know that 'Were' means madness? undecided smiley
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by habsydiamond(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Na which course and lecturer tell you say witches and wizards no exist. To confirm, go to your village and start slapping all the old people there. B4 e enter the seventh night u go know witches and wizard.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Queenybliss(f): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
if magic exist then witches and wizards exist too ...I have seen a magical performance where a girl was just standing and flower was thrown at her and immediately her clothes and makeup changed !!
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2016
kenoc:
i believe that witches and wizards are real. pls note that whatever has name do exist.
Does this mean super man and spider man exist too.?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by itzsniper(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

This is an interesting hypothesis, but you forgot to include any evidence that supports it. I don't believe humans can commune with evil spirits because I don't believe evil spirits exist. I don't believe that people can possess animals in real life. Why should a rational person believe you?

I have two things to say about that: (1) How convenient! (2) If it's impossible to get any proof of witchcraft, how can you be sure that it's real?
Mr seun I might not av a concrete evidence but I av witness a woman a woman confessing live of d evil she'd committed with her witchcraft power, my broda witchcraft is real
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by onlyTheTruth(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2016
good morning my brother, allow me to enlighten you a little,,,,,,
among the creatures God created, you have three entities , MAN, ANGEL, JINN,,

MAN and JINNs have free will, to choose between right and wrong, we live in a parallel world .,,,,, JINNS on the other hand have this supernatural powers,, in their world, it is normal, they can travel the length n breath of the world in a short time, they can take shapes and forms of other creations of GOD, like animals, trees, humans etc etc... jinns on their own can cause havoc,,,, the bad ones amongst dem are the ones reffered to as DEMONS...... like d bad ones in our world r called CRIMINALS

ANGELS, have no free will, they obey God 101%, they take commands from God and execute 100%,

WITCHES and WIZARDS,,,,, this is an army that consist of a 'CRIMINAL and a DEMON', ... it is jus a name given when these two entities comes together under one umbrella..

for the powers to work, it hapns in many ways, including,,,,,,, 1.demon possessing its criminal team mate and perform the things the criminal intended to do,,,,,
2,, in the case of most pastors claiming to do miracles using juju or jazz, whicever way u want to call it,,,,, the demon, knows wot d guy wants to do, so d demon wil b doin it, hence it an entity we humans cant see,,,, the act of moving tables in churches s done by demons whose criminal counterpart is the pastor performing the magic (miracle)...

the killing of women and children and branding them witches, this shows how retarded we are in terms of knowledge,,,,,, humans cant acquire extra powers without the help of a demon,,, "YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" many pastors have not bn caught yet, but a good number of them are into the witch wizard business...

manny water, marine spirit, and all other things people believe in dont exist,,,,, it is these same demons that transform into these things to scare or make gullible people worship them...

demons exist, and sometimes they dont need a human partner to teamup and cause havoc ,,,, they can, on their own, cause alot of atrocities,

because of humans greed for power, these demons make dem do filthy and sinful things to get the contract,,,,,

DURING MY CHILDHOOD DAYS, MY GRANDPA MAKES BULLET PROOF JAZZ, WHICH I HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND AND SEEN IT WORK,,,,,, WHILE GROWING UP, I WAS EXPOSED TO THE REALITIES OF HOW DANGEROUS IT WAS,,, HE TOLD ME,, BEHIND EVERY CHARM, THERE IS A DEMON THAT MAKES IT WORK,, IT CAN FAIL WEN THE DEMON DIES OR, IT S BUSY DOIN ANOTHER THING AND FAILED TO SHOW WHEN U SUMMONED IT TRU DOIN WOT THE CHARM IS FOR....

IT S YOUR RIGHT NOT TO BELIEVE, BUT IT DOESNT STOP THEM FROM EXISTING,, ALL MAGICIANS HAVE DEMON BACKUP, DOING THE THINGS BACK STAGE ...

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

This is an interesting hypothesis, but you forgot to include any evidence that supports it. I don't believe humans can commune with evil spirits because I don't believe evil spirits exist. I don't believe that people can possess animals in real life. Why should a rational person believe you?

I have two things to say about that: (1) How convenient! (2) If it's impossible to get any proof of witchcraft, how can you be sure that it's real?

I have a proof: This happened in the early 90s, my immediate elder sister's friend told her (my sister) about how her grandmother would turn into a cat at night while she was asleep, she swore she saw her transform into a cat one night. While we discarded the story, the most unexpected happened later that day when that same OLD WOMAN (my sis friend's grandma) came to our apartment and accused my sister of telling people she transforms to a cat every other night. We were all startled as she wasn't even close while her grand daughter told us the story; can you explain how she came to know?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by itzsniper(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2016
Hawlahscho:

I've seen a boy chewing blade before. New blades! This is not THEM SAY .

Can you scientifically prove how possible? before I conclude it's spiritual.
bros m sef don see a man bringing out clothes, eggs and money from an empty box, theres even dz guy i know dat use to turn leaf to money
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Ugosample(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2016
But really, assuming witchcraft os real, which btw I strongly believe, but have not really seen before, why are the witches and wizards always petty?

Like they don't better themselves nothing, just to be causing havoc, and why didn't we use our witchcraft to make our former oppressors (the whites) miserable to the extent that they leave us alone....
instead they stole our people, destroyed our shrines (some even pissed on the idols and exploited us.

I think that our powers should have been directed towards resisting them.

this is me just thinking out loud that's all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Jay542(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2016
Kruzilano:
leave him, he is high
Na aseangry

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2016
Lilimax:

Mr Were, I may need to cast out that spirit of insanity in your name before responding to your comment.
Don't you know that 'Were' means madness? undecided smiley

Yes I do. I'm Yoruba, born and bred.

There is no such thing as a "spirit" of insanity, Insanity is a function of damaged neurons or an insight to a higher perception the masses cannot attain.

And how exactly will you "cast" out a spirit on NL

Through online prayer rooms grin
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by itzsniper(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2016
onlyTheTruth:
good morning my brother, allow me to enlighten you a little,,,,,,
among the creatures God created, you have three entities , MAN, ANGEL, JINN,,

MAN and JINNs have free will, to choose between right and wrong, we live in a parallel world .,,,,, JINNS on the other hand have this supernatural powers,, in their world, it is normal, they can travel the length n breath of the world in a short time, they can take shapes and forms of other creations of GOD, like animals, trees, humans etc etc... jinns on their own can cause havoc,,,, the bad ones amongst dem are the ones reffered to as DEMONS...... like d bad ones in our world r called CRIMINALS

ANGELS, have no free will, they obey God 101%, they take commands from God and execute 100%,

WITCHES and WIZARDS,,,,, this is an army that consist of a 'CRIMINAL and a DEMON', ... it is jus a name given when these two entities comes together under one umbrella..

for the powers to work, it hapns in many ways, including,,,,,,, 1.demon possessing its criminal team mate and perform the things the criminal intended to do,,,,,
2,, in the case of most pastors claiming to do miracles using juju or jazz, whicever way u want to call it,,,,, the demon, knows wot d guy wants to do, so d demon wil b doin it, hence it an entity we humans cant see,,,, the act of moving tables in churches s done by demons whose criminal counterpart is the pastor performing the magic (miracle)...

the killing of women and children and branding them witches, this shows how retarded we are in terms of knowledge,,,,,, humans cant acquire extra powers without the help of a demon,,, "YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" many pastors have not bn caught yet, but a good number of them are into the witch wizard business...

manny water, marine spirit, and all other things people believe in dont exist,,,,, it is these same demons that transform into these things to scare or make gullible people worship them...

demons exist, and sometimes they dont need a human partner to teamup and cause havoc ,,,, they can, on their own, cause alot of atrocities,

because of humans greed for power, these demons make dem do filthy and sinful things to get the contract,,,,,

DURING MY CHILDHOOD DAYS, MY GRANDPA MAKES BULLET PROOF JAZZ, WHICH I HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND AND SEEN IT WORK,,,,,, WHILE GROWING UP, I WAS EXPOSED TO THE REALITIES OF HOW DANGEROUS IT WAS,,, HE TOLD ME,, BEHIND EVERY CHARM, THERE IS A DEMON THAT MAKES IT WORK,, IT CAN FAIL WEN THE DEMON DIES OR, IT S BUSY DOIN ANOTHER THING AND FAILED TO SHOW WHEN U SUMMONED IT TRU DOIN WOT THE CHARM IS FOR....

IT S YOUR RIGHT NOT TO BELIEVE, BUT IT DOESNT STOP THEM FROM EXISTING,, ALL MAGICIANS HAVE DEMON BACKUP, DOING THE THINGS BACK STAGE ...

bros I am a fighter so I do go for dz African bullet proof stuff, iv seen it work life and direct
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Gift101(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
johnmars:
My people calm down. Witches don't exist! Why are children of the poor always witches? They're no witches in King's college, Queens college, Babcock university but they're witches at a government grammar school. Witches is just a poor man's excuse for poverty and hardship he's facing. The poor wants to know their problem while the rich solves problems. Anyone old, poor and ugly na witch but those in private jet are not. Well.. How does this witch thing transferred? Adam and Eve didn't become possessed after eating what d devil gave them so where did it start from? Witches and wizards na lie joor!!

Witches are poor physically, but they're very rich spiritually.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Lilimax(f): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2016
SirWere:

Yes I do. I'm Yoruba, born and bred.

There is no such thing as a "spirit" of insanity, Insanity is a function of damaged neurons or an insight to a higher perception the masses cannot attain.

And how exactly will you "cast" out a spirit on NL

Through online prayer rooms grin
You've answered the question on how to cast out the evil spirit of insanity.
Yes, through online violent prayers and the spirits will submit.
You'll become free! smiley
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by brownlolly(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2016
So Seun (an ijebu man) doesn't believe in God, witches or wizards...

Hmmmm

Let me ask. Do you acknowledge the authority of Ifa?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by fromnigeria(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

first of all my friend, you didn't catch the meaning of witch or wizard.

A Witch is a person who and have magical powers and could get information from spirits that are Not of GOD. (familiar spirit.)

a native doctor is a typical, some of our so called prophets today are too.

Seek true knowledge! You will find.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by fortunejum: 8:53am On Nov 16, 2016
Do you think that the witches and wizards here will agree that they exist?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by nkpommpko(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2016
habsydiamond:
Na which course and lecturer tell you say witches and wizards no exist. To confirm, go to your village and start slapping all the old people there. B4 e enter the seventh night u go know witches and wizard.
I don't understand this kind of thought process, how can you go around slapping old persons in your village without any provocation just to prove wizards exist? You don't even reason like a 10year old. Their grand children will arrest you and jail you and you will blame the devil. Kai! The level of intelligence on this thread is alarming, I blame it on the poor educational system in this country, and come to think of it, some are even graduates looking for jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by itzsniper(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2016
Queenybliss:
if magic exist then witches and wizards exist too ...I have seen a magical performance where a girl was just standing and flower was thrown at her and immediately her clothes and makeup changed !!
wat of issue of late prof peller, iv witness him performing live on stage in d early nineties back den in ondo state

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / Enenche Of Dunamis Donates Safety Items, Medical Equipment To Combat COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.