Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. (2832 Views)

I Am An Atheist And A Humanist. Ask Me Anything! Let's Talk! / A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. / Buddha Is An Atheist And So Are Buddhists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
..I tried following science theories and atheist propaganda.. I almost run mad,life became so useless to me,..I was as empty as the word empty.. I almost gave up everything cause there would be no need for anything if I have no hope of an everlasting life. if I die that's all..pls scientist, atheist and other,s who don't believe in God,..how do you guys manage to live such a hopeless life..?..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by herzern(m): 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hope yhu came with bashinq-proof??....

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by policy12: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
@op I thank God for ur life o pls watch this msg by John Haggee the final farewell.
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
policy12:
@op I thank God for ur life o pls watch this msg by John Haggee the final farewell.
where is d video...thanks
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by Chubhie: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun, come and re-evangelize atheism to a stray sheep.

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by policy12: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:
where is d video...thanks

Sorry can't post it here the file is heavy, if u don't mind add me on whatsapp I will it send to u. This is my number 08030711384.
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:
there would be no need for anything if I have no hope of an everlasting life.
As an atheist, you choose your own purpose. You make your own meaning. You select what is important to you, and then you pursue it. You plan your own legacy. This is certainly harder than going to church and living according to the teachings of your pastor, but it's more rewarding.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by shadeyinka(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

As an atheist, you choose your own purpose. You make your own meaning. You select what is important to you, and then you pursue it. You plan your own legacy. This is certainly harder than going to church and living according to the teachings of your pastor, but it's more rewarding.

From dust you came from and to dust you shall return hopeless after you discover the reality of life beyond the dust.

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ashjay001(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:
..I tried following science theories and atheist propaganda.. I almost run mad,life became so useless to me,..I was as empty as the word empty.. I almost gave up everything cause there would be no need for anything if I have no hope of an everlasting life. if I die that's all..pls scientist, atheist and other,s who don't believe in God,..how do you guys manage to live such a hopeless life..?..

U, are actually living the hopeless life! No self belief, no confidence yet u want to deny God?!

Pack well, abeg! U think they share gifts for atheism ni?!

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
shadeyinka:
From dust you came from and to dust you shall return hopeless after you discover the reality of life beyond the dust.
We live on in the lives of the people we touched while alive, the people who we continue to touch with the works we leave behind, & our kids.
I don't believe that my consciousness will persist after my brain stops working. There is no evidence for the idea of disembodied consciousness.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:

Atheists indeed live hopeless lives , no wonder they generally achieve so little and are also filled with so much hate and bitterness .

Most scientists in the world believe in God though , so I think only atheists should answer your questions
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by shadeyinka(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

We live on in the lives of the people we touched while alive, the people who we continue to touch with the works we leave behind, & our kids.
I don't believe that my consciousness will persist after my brain stops working. There is no evidence for the idea of disembodied consciousness.

What you believe doesn't count into the face of Reality.
Beyond the Brain the Grey Matters is the Living Software that runs it. The software doesn't belong to this mundane level of technology.

You step out of your Body and discover that you have just undied

https://www.nairaland.com/3414597/undying-short-story-shadeyinka

A ngba oromodiye lowo iku, Oni won o he k'ohun l'atan lo jeun.

Preparing for eternity does not absolve you from enriching the lives of others in love, itsba requirement!
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

so who is gonna reword you?...
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
ashjay001:

U, are actually living the hopeless life! No self belief, no confidence yet u want to deny God?!

Pack well, abeg! U think they share gifts for atheism ni?!
pls read my comment... again...carefully this time thank you
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

sir...the bible said,so too but resurrection is the hope for the sons of God
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists indeed live hopeless lives , no wonder they generally achieve so little and are also filled with so much hate and bitterness .

Most scientists in the world believe in God though , so I think only atheists should answer your questions
thank you...but they avoid atheist avoids such trend...you will never see them here
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by holuwatobhy(m): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

See what oluwaseun or Olorunseun
has turn himself into...
Romans 1:28
New Living Translation
Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.

English Standard Version
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by onetrack(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you have actual evidence to back up any of this?

I am quite happy by the way. I try to make the most of the here and now.

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by holuwatobhy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
You can ban me... but it will worthy it at the end when we'll meet in heaven.
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:
thank you...but they avoid atheist avoids such trend...you will never see them here

Its difficult for them to admit that they indeed hopeless , so its understandable .

Bro , most atheists subscribe to nihilism - the view that life is meaningless and without purpose . Read more about this philosophical doctrine here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
holuwatobhy:

See what oluwaseun or Olorunseun
has turn himself into...
Romans 1:28
New Living Translation
Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.

English Standard Version
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
thanks...for this bible passage...
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ever811(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its difficult for them to admit that they indeed hopeless , so its understandable .

Bro , most atheists subscribe to nihilism - the view that life is meaningless and without purpose . Read more about this philosophical doctrine here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism
..I will read it thanks

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by onetrack(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yes, atheists in a strict sense are nihilists, however I would bet that a large number are existentialists, in which we find our own meaning in life.

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ashjay001(m): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
onetrack:

Do you have actual evidence to back up any of this?

There's a cornucopia of evidence supporting this , but I'll give you just 5

[size=15pt]1[/size]On January 1, 2011, CNN reported:

People unaffiliated with organized religion, atheists and agnostics also report anger toward God either in the past, or anger focused on a hypothetical image - that is, what they imagined God might be like - said lead study author Julie Exline, Case Western Reserve University psychologist.In studies on college students, atheists and agnostics reported more anger at God during their lifetimes than believers

[size=15pt]2[/size] :

Nairaland atheists become apoplectic with rage anytime God is being discussed .

https://www.nairaland.com/3148752/atheists-express-rage-against-god

[size=15pt]3[/size]

99.9 percent of Nairaland atheists have not made any notable achievement :https://www.nairaland.com/3009541/negro-atheists-show-me-works

[size=15pt]4[/size]

Atheists , Agnostics and Freethinkers combined make up 10.5 percent of laureates while their imperious religious confrères make up 89.5 percent of the laureates cheesy

Wikipedia : Nobel Prize who self-identified as atheist, agnostic, freethinker or otherwise nonreligious at some point in their lives.[2] Many of these laureates were identified with a religion earlier in life. By one estimate, 10.5% of all laureates, and 35% of those in Literature, fall in this category. According to the same estimate Atheists, Agnostics, and Freethinkers have won 8.9% of the prizes in Medicine, 7.1% in Chemistry, 5.2% in Economics, 4.7% in Physics, and 3.6% in Peace

[size=15pt]5[/size] Most atheists have poor relationships with parents

The Cambridge Companion to Atheism which was edited by the atheist philosopher Michael Martin declared:

“ Continuity and discontinuity in any identity may be a function of interpersonal networks, especially involving intimate relations. Apostasy and conversion can both be seen as a rejection of parental identity and parental beliefs. It “might well be symptomatic of familial strain and dissociation... apostasy is to be viewed as a form of rebellion against parents” (Caplovitz and Sherrow, 1977:50)

The book Atheist Persona: Causes and Consequences by John J. Pasquini, Th.D. indicates that many of the prominent atheists and prominent practical atheists who had dysfunctional/absent fathers that he lists in his book also had dysfunctional/absent mothers

onetrack:
I am quite happy by the way. I try to make the most of the here and now.

Do you have actual evidence to back up this I mean seeing that what has been adduced confutes this claim undecided
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by ashjay001(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:

Due to ur experience, trying to live as an atheist, u ask, how atheists are able to live a hopeless life?!

My reply, was just to let u realise, without a belief in self(self confidence) which I perceive, u lack, no one can live without a diety, and remain sane!

1 Like

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
onetrack:

Yes, atheists in a strict sense are nihilists, however I would bet that a large number are existentialists, in which we find our own meaning in life.

No bro , deists are the ones who subscribe to existentialism - since they believe God does not intervene in the affairs of men or mould their destinies .
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by kachi19: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:

Yaaaaaawwwn. warris going on hia?!?
Ohhh Okkkk :O

Atheist live everyday with a goal to prove d nonexistence of God in a means to indirectly find one. That's why there are many atheists who end up converting their ownselves. They want to be free thinkers but thier biggest fear is the existence of God. They know we believers have nothing to lose if we believe and certainly there's no God and they're toasted if there is and didn't believe. I see them as hopeless people indeed jus swimming in thier own darkness
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by raphieMontella: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
shadeyinka:

so adam was existing as adam before being created from the dust?
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by raphieMontella: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Most scientists in the world believe in God though so I think only atheists should answer your questions
all these you comedy talks filled with outright dishonesty tho...
where did you get this abnormal stats from?
Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by BodyKiss(m): 1:44am On Nov 07, 2016
ever811:

Your mindset is what makes you an atheist, you won't become one by experimentation. Not everyone is capable of becoming an atheist, and you just happen to be one.

You think atheists live without purpose, smh. How many atheists do you actually know in real life? If only you know how much "god bless you" I get in a day, you won't be spewing this trash about atheists living a hopeless life.

I almost gave up everything cause there would be no need for anything if I have no hope of an everlasting life. if I die that's all

If you can't be good to others without the promise of an everlasting life, it just shows that by default, you're not a good person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. by jonbellion(m): 3:08am On Nov 07, 2016
OP you sound like you want to become an atheist again. Lol atheists or agnostics don't live a purposeless life oo you basically make a purpose out of your life. We are all basically stardust so we are one with the universe same way the universe is one with is. This is the greatest spiritual feeling anyone can ask for. It's only rational someone would want to live forever. Even christians aren't even sure of their eternal life. They always sing this world isn't they're own but when one of thier brethem dies it's a different story. The thought of heaven is beautiful though who won't like the idea. But I've come to the realisation that it's just a coping mechanism for the fear of our mortality sounds like you still need the coping mechanism a lot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Love Song Sin Also / Benny Hinn Goes Back To His Vomit With Oyakhilome / I Was Deceived.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.