Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. (13824 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Icecomrade: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2016
Anything
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by sanpipita(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2016
Siberia101:
Confused Government

During GEJ's era APC Faithfuls told us that a drop in crude oil price should result to a drop in fuel pump price grin grin grin

Now the story is different.... hehehehe

Hunger on the increase

#SenatorSamuelAnyanwu2019

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by drss2(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2016
otukpo:
This APC government is wicked.
next year will even get worse. nigerians don enta real one chance with dis buari govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by sanpipita(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2016
skywalker240:
and NLC has been silent all this while

The same NLC Nigerians criticized when they wanted to stand up against this govt, make una enjoy your change and stop wailing.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Bizibi(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2016
I knew this will happen,
Small small it will get to 200......
Here in abj,big boys no dey fill tank again

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Goke7: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2016
Subsidy is back period. This is actually what the marketers want, all the grammar about landing costs are just lies and deceit. The more you look, the less you see. If am PMB, I will even allow for price increase and let's see how many people will buy.

The forces of demand and supply is not going down well with the players in the downstream sector, Christmas is coming and they need mega bucks to satisfy their greed as usual.

If am PMB, I will pick price increase over subsidy payments.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by frisky2good(m): 8:59am On Nov 07, 2016
Make dem kuku kill us.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2016
I get their grievances about part of the grammar they spoke up there but the question is will the common man afford the 145 naira pump price increase.
We are in it for this ride till 2019. May God be with us.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by skywalker240(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2016
sanpipita:

The same NLC Nigerians criticized when they wanted to stand up against this govt, make una enjoy your change and stop wailing.
Who told this one i voted for change, tufiakwa,

I wont even let my shiit touch them grin

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Aburi001: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2016
madridguy:
The fuel matter self don belleful person self. The NNPC should just maintain their lane and stop adding salt to injury.
Their target is #200 naira per litre. Slowly but surely they will get there.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by francotorti(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2016
eagleeye2:
Which kin wahala person enter for this Buhari regime? Tinubu e no go better for you.
Prophet, Onatisi you should come and talk to us oh.
bros d mata tire me sef oo! everytin abt dis fulani man brings abt hardship, suffering n false hopes. at dis point i only wish him dead wit anoda apple n dis time na him wife go give am d apple herself ni. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by MsFaith: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2016
As if the economy is not harsh enough.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Vince77(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2016
They should just sell this country and settle everybody so we can be certain that we are now officially on our own.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by francotorti(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Both NLC, APC, Tinubu, BUHARI, and Prof David Tam West are all incarnate of hardship, greed and false promises. i see why d Americans backed up on Nigerian Government policies bcus at d end d Government always wins.
Truth be told, a blind warrior do not be a leader on a war front. What we are experiencing today is called "Revenge of the Titans" Vs "Greed for Leadership". If you ask me we do not have leaders who will lead us in the path of peace, prosperity and progress, but i know every intoxication has its expiring date.
At dis point, na to just focus on my MMM cool

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by jericco1(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2016
This is a fcking country, even if the price of petrol is pegged at N1000 per litre, some fuc*kers will still be insatiable...can't they see the current economic condition of the agrieved nation!

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Mexyz(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2016
madridguy:
The fuel matter self don belleful person self. The NNPC should just maintain their lane and stop adding salt to injury.
Oh so you're now injured? Guy they need to add salt to that injury oo.

Somebody sai Baba

6 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by madridguy(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2016
I will stand with Sai Baba till the final whistle.

Mexyz:
Oh so you're now injured? Guy they need to add salt to that injury oo.

Somebody sai Baba
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by vizboy(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2016
Very soon they will increase it to 200/$.
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Oletty: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Nigerians don't seem to understand how bad things could get. Oil is an international commodity and refined products trade at a premium relative to crude oil. Years of subsidies have not only distorted the price of refined products but also killed productive enterprise by fueling wanton and unnecessary consumption not backed by an increase in productivity. The government is now too broke to regulate the price of PMS, diesel and kerosene. The markets will determine the price. If the government intervenes, there will be scarcity.

The good news is that a market-reflective price of petroleum products would make renewables (like solar PV) more competitive in Nigeria. With diesel at N200/litre, solar pays back in 6 to 7 years. And this excludes the health effects and noise pollution caused by burning diesel and PMS in generators. Think of all the future health liabilities like cancers that will result from these.

The government should let the markets determine the price of petroleum products and allow cost-reflective pricing of electricity. Without these, there will be little to no investments in power despite the best efforts of Fashola. Subsidies only work if they can be afforded. Nigeria today is broke and with oil probably going to stay low forever (yes, oil demand will start declining in about 15 years time as rich countries transition to alternative energy sources), this is the time to start building productive enterprises, encouraging entrepreneurs and investing heavily in infrastructure. Population control might also be necessary as the annual 3.3% population growth rate has already become an unsustainable time bomb. No country in the history of the world ever got rich while people procreated without restraint. In Europe, they managed this by shipping excess people to North and South America.

Grid electricity prices at N20-N35 ($0.05-$0.075) per kWh are a sham. These barely cover the cost of generation. No country in the world with round the clock electricity charges such low prices (except in the oil-rich Middle East) given that there are transmission and distribution costs still have to be factored in. What it means is that electricity in Nigeria is subsidized, which is why there is no electricity in the first place as no one would invest--yet we are willing to pay N70/kWh to run diesel and petrol generators! Dangote only opted to build his ongoing mega refinery when government assured him that the refined products market would be deregulated. When completed, his refinery would have a significant impact on the country. The same can be done for power. Deregulate and investors will come.

Development is not rocket science. It is the outcome of sound and progressive policies. We know the problems, we are so unwilling to tackle them head on.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2016
where is this government heading?

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Okeikpu(m): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2016
Good news
Sai Buhari
Buhari is a blessing to Nigerians
He was sent by the gods
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by onatisi(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2016
francotorti:

bros d mata tire me sef oo! everytin abt dis fulani man brings abt hardship, suffering n false hopes. at dis point i only wish him dead wit anoda apple n dis time na him wife go give am d apple herself ni. lipsrsealed
The truth is he can't do the job,he simply hasn't got the ability to do it. This has got nothing to do with partisan politics or not but the real actual fact truth. I have said it countless times that this man will crash the economy ,ppl thought my opinion about him was due to partisan hatred.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by squino(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2016
They won't just stop till we are all dead

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by duni04(m): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2016
Nigeria is in a serious dilemma. The variables affecting pump price are just too distant and unpredictable. If the price of oil goes up, our earnings from crude sale is supposed to go up to but those idiots in the delta, blowing up pipelines won't let it be. Then the IOC's that are supposed to sell more dollars to the marketers have less dollars to sell.
The our forex regime is another variable. The higher the value of the dollar, the more expensive it is to import.
These problems we're facing are relics from the past. The past managers of this country really failed us.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by fourthworld: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2016
fuckerholic:
Pls bubu where is the 45 naira per litre pump price you promised ? You see what desperation for power can cause ?

The joy about the whole recession and what follows it is that the Afonjas are the most affected by it. Very interesting indeed, next time they will not allow their hatred for igbos make them vote blindly. Increase the pump jare, the lazy ones will be mostly affected

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Ramon92: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2016
Oletty:
Nigerians don't seem to understand how bad things could get. Oil is an international commodity and refined products trade at a premium relative to crude oil. Years of subsidies have not only distorted the price of refined products but also killed productive enterprise by fueling wanton and unnecessary consumption not backed by an increase in productivity. The government is now too broke to regulate the price of PMS, diesel and kerosene. The markets will determine the price. If the government intervenes, there will be scarcity.

The good news is that a market-reflective price of petroleum products would make renewables (like solar PV) more competitive in Nigeria. With diesel at N200/litre, solar pays back in 6 to 7 years. And this excludes the health effects and noise pollution caused by burning diesel and PMS in generators. Think of all the future health liabilities like cancers that will result from these.

The government should let the markets determine the price of petroleum products and allow cost-reflective pricing of electricity. Without these, there will be little to no investments in power despite the best efforts of Fashola. Subsidies only work if they can be afforded. Nigeria today is broke and with oil probably going to stay low forever (yes, oil demand will start declining in about 15 years time as rich countries transition to alternative energy sources), this is the time to start building productive enterprises, encouraging entrepreneurs and investing heavily in infrastructure. Population control might also be necessary as the annual 3.3% population growth rate has already become an unsustainable time bomb. No country in the history of the world ever got rich while people procreated without restraint. In Europe, they managed this by shipping excess people to North and South America.

Grid electricity prices at N20-N35 ($0.05-$0.075) per kWh are a sham. These barely cover the cost of generation. No country in the world with round the clock electricity charges such low prices (except in the oil-rich Middle East) given that there are transmission and distribution costs still have to be factored in. What it means is that electricity in Nigeria is subsidized, which is why there is no electricity in the first place as no one would invest--yet we are willing to pay N70/kWh to run diesel and petrol generators! Dangote only opted to build his ongoing mega refinery when government assured him that the refined products market would be deregulated. When completed, his refinery would have a significant impact on the country. The same can be done for power. Deregulate and investors will come.

Development is not rocket science. It is the outcome of sound and progressive policies. We know the problems, we are so unwilling to tackle them head on.
nice comment I must say...
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by optimist25(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku kill us Na......stewpid pipo

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Mexyz(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2016
madridguy:
I will stand with Sai Baba till the final whistle.

Oya na, we are here together. I don't know why you are injured when we've only played 20mins, remember we're still heading to 90mins if care is not taken we might get to extra time.

Happy recession.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by preetyb(f): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2016
It is well
Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by Ramon92: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2016
duni04:
Nigeria is in a serious dilemma. The variables affecting pump price are just too distant and unpredictable. If the price of oil goes up, our earnings from crude sale is supposed to go up to but those idiots in the delta, blowing up pipelines won't let it be. Then the IOC's that are supposed to sell more dollars to the marketers have less dollars to sell.
The our forex regime is another variable. The higher the value of the dollar, the more expensive it is to import.
These problems we're facing are relics from the past. The past managers of this country really failed us.
On the contrary, I think the past managers are partly to blame but the immediate past one tried to make it better, honestly. It's just that a vast vast majority of Nigerians are too 'unintelligent' to see, blinded by sectarian and partisan politics and distanced themselves from modern realities..
So far, the current manager is the worst and Nigerians ain't ready to learn..

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by mengho(m): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2016
I will also like to urge bubu & anything APC to start packing thier stuff cause they are in for a massive rejection at d polls in d next election

1 Like

Re: Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. by jbaby265(f): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2016
crazy government.. but am happy because the more stuffer it becomes the more God 's blessings showers on me. simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Denies Closing Maiduguri-monguno Road (photos) / Enugu Decides: No Observer Killed, What Transpired In My Home - Senator Eze / Why Traditional Rulers Are Victimized By State Governors – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.