Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) (46415 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Man Harvests A Very Big Cassava. Photos / After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Lekewatt(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rhotiz:
Okro fr US
Pray mk donald trump no enter else he go pack u n ur okro cum naija
bros, se d brain dey draw like okra?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
queenmonalisa01:
as in I wan chew am raw

Live!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Chukazu: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

Our okro can not grow in this fashion in the US. These shots are probably from Enugu or Owerri or Awka if not any of the Southern Nigeria.

The man must be high on burukutu...nonsense

is Okra indigenous only to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by ekene247(m): 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

Our okro can not grow in this fashion in the US. These shots are probably from Enugu or Owerri or Awka if not any of the Southern Nigeria.

spotted
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
what special in this nao

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by charloski(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

what is this one saying...... dont dey grow yam there.. abi are u high too...... look at the building close... does that look like a naija way of bulding houses....?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

Obviously you're being sarcastic. But if no, then you need a serious thought process reset. . . . don't be like an average American who doesn't believe that other countries and people exists outside the shores of US.

Okra doesn't grow in the south east of Nigeria, only. The best species of okra are found in the US. In fact, in Africa as a continent, Senegal has the best breeds of okra. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Obviously you're being sarcastic. But if no, then you need a serious thought process reset. . . . don't be like an average American who doesn't believe that other countries and people exists outside the shores of US.

Okoro doesn't grow in the south east of Nigeria, only. The best species of okoro are found in the US. In fact, in Africa as a continent, Senegal has the best breeds of okoro. Thanks.

Abelmoschus esculentus
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Leader01(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
I was expecting to see okro large enough for export,
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by rickyrex(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
sixtuschimere:
A Texas-based Nigerian man Smart Madu has become internet sensation after he shared photos of Okro harvested from his farm in Texas,USA. According to him, every Nigerian should try and have a garden instead of blaming President Buhari on the rising cost of living. He wrote....

'Bumper harvest yesterday from my experimental Okra farm in Houston, Texas, USA.....

Every Nigerian who can, should cultivate a garden instead of blaming the rising cost of foodstuffs on President Buhari alone as if he is a father Christmas because, when a nation slides into recession, its citizens are compelled by a default to look deeply inwards in search of immediate, short and long-term solutions geared towards enduring self-reliance'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/texas-based-nigerian-man-becomes.html

Bros na only okra we go eat? Abi if that one finish u no go buy again abi
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by IamEntropy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

Its scientific name is Abelmoschus esculentus. The word (okro) okra is from the Igbo ọ́kụ̀rụ̀. Yoruba's call it draw-draw (xx) grin grin grin grin

You really think its only Nigeria that has monopoly on okro?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by ikefrank: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
Is very important all civil servants open small vegetable farm. That will go a long way in curtailing the continuous rise in price of vegetables

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by eezeribe(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
The man should just shut up.

That he planted few stands of okra doesn't give him right to open mouth and spill trash...

If he sees people's okra farms in Nigeria ... He would just go and die
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
Olulinks:
Where is the bumpa harvest? I still can't find it here yet abeg.
It is like mustard seed, look well and you shall saw it... . wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Mexyz(m): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
Most of you here did not even bother to go through the comments there, the man is obviously trying to find his way into the heart of the gullible ones among us... He is a politician and planning to run for the governorship position in Delta state. Maybe I will tell a LAGOS LANDLORD to provide me a land in his house to turn to a garden.
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Dantee005(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
See as d okra fresh.... shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by bams2999(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
good development, stop blame PMB fine your shot time solution
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by koolcat: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
we should indulge in agriculture and stop blaming Buhari? WTF.!!!!!! idiot i dont blame u, its cause u are opportuned to live in USA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Pavore9: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mexyz:
Most of you here did not even bother to go through the comments there, the man is obviously trying to find his way into the heart of the gullible ones among us... He is a politician and planning to run for the governorship position in Delta state. Maybe I will tell a LAGOS LANDLORD to provide me a land in his house to turn to a garden.

You can grow it in used sacks alongside crops like cucumber, tomatoes, ugu without touching the ground and can always shift it within the compound.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by adimsmt: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

Its scientific name is Abelmoschus esculentus. The word (okro) okra is from the Igbo ọ́kụ̀rụ̀. Yoruba's call it draw-draw (xx) grin grin grin grin

I know you are just joking, You are not in the U.S to doubt whether okro grow in the U.S and yes okro grows in the southern part of which texas happened to be in the south. I know because i live in the U.S.
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
adimsmt:

I know you are just joking, You are not in the U.S to doubt whether okro grow in the U.S and yes okro grows in the southern part of which texas happened to be in the south. I know because i live in the U.S.

Ok goodmorning, so who is winning in the elections?
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by AreaFada2: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
ibroh22:
nice,,,fellow Nigerians,,let's take back our hoes and cutlass and go back to the farm,,I remembered this song

Ise Agbe,Ise Ile wa
Eni ko sise, a ma jale
Iwe kiko,la I si oko ati ada
ko I pe o,ko I pe o

Farming is the job of our land
Anybody that doesn't work,will steal
Education without cutlass and hoe
It's not complete

Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by buffalowings: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
So because he harvested a bowl of okro he is now preaching

Mtchew God help you if I give you 150 naira angry for that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by RitzyPrince(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
Maski87:
hmm some people go America to study book others go to plant okro wey my grandmother dey plant for her backyard for village
What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. No point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Wolfbrother(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Because you grew okra now you come dey enta boys cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Oakbend16: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
sixtuschimere:
A

Are you looking to invest in Poultry farming but have challenge securing adequate land in a secured, serene environment devoid of omo-onile hassles? If yes, then look no further, this is the opportunity you've been hoping for, this is a mouth-watering offer you cannot afford to miss.

There is a purpose built poetry farm right in the heart of Lagos on offer, see features below:

Location of the property is at Agbowa, Ikorodu very close to Fashola estate

1. 1 acre with perimeter fencing
2. 150 feet by 30 feet Pen with capacity for 4500 layers
3. 5 rooms farm house (uncompleted )
4. Registered Survey and Deed of assignment with Ogun State Lands Registry
5. Accessible road from ikorodu/Epe Expressway. 45 minutes drive from Ajah and 30 minutes drive from Ikorodu
6. 8.5 KVA generator
7.Borehole with clean, fresh water
8. Scaffolding measuring 20ft by 8ft by 20ft inclusive of a Generator room and store room

Asking price is N20million

All interested buyers should please contact Prodria Agro Enterprises on 08054316786

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/texas-based-nigerian-man-becomes.html
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by NovusHomo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Which US?

The only US. I too plant vegetables (okra, eggplant, bell pepper, jamaican pepper, and kalalou/tete) in my yard in New York City. People should stop asking for money from Nigerians resident abroad. They should instead cultivate whatever piece of land is available to them.
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Daniel4wap: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
bros no b much talk...if naija good well well...why u go abroad go stay.....abi rice na okro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
Texas has a weather similar to Abuja and some areas in Northern Nigeria. If he had tried it in a more temperate region of the US like Alaska, it wouldn't grow. Nie effort by him though
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by Daniel4wap: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Okra doesn't grow in the south east of Nigeria, only. The best species of okra are found in the US. In fact, in Africa as a continent, Senegal has the best breeds of okra. Thanks.
bros e never reach..like dat na..abi dem 1 still give...u small tin like that...guy.....moreover you are not d owner of d okro....
Re: Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) by abbey621(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
My people can read but they can't comprehend, this is the biggest downfall of many Nigerians. The man used Okra has an example but the ideology can be used for any form of agriculture. The main message here is instead of waiting on the government to provide some imaginary job before you feed yourself and/or your family, use what you have to survive. A lot of us have completely forgotten about how highly fertile the Nigerian soil can be and rely on importing things like tomatoes, rice, beans and so on, we need to start looking inwards and change our mentality otherwise the future is grim for so many!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eggs Crate/carton Are Available In Large Quantities At Very Cheap Price / Please Caption This Wonderful Farm Produce. Picture. / 10 Most Profitable Cash Crops In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.