Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno (673 Views)

"How APC Removed PDP From Power" - Oyegun / Jonathan Saw Youths As Businessmen While APC See Youths As Conductors - Reno / "How APC Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by KEVIND: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
On March 19, 2014, the then opposition All Progressive Congress, APC, criticized the unemployment situation under then President Jonathan and accused him of not doing anything concrete to help Nigerian youths get employed.
The APC in a statement said the Jonathan administration ‘has no social security or any form of safety net for the vulnerable army of the unemployed.’
This was despite the fact that that administration had set up the Youth With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWIN) scheme to assist Nigerian youths who had good business ideas with training and funding so they could start a business instead of depending on either government or the private sector for a job.

Around Nigeria, approximately 4,000 Nigerian youths got business training from the Lagos Business School and received grants of between 2 million and 10 million Naira (at that time worth between $12,000 to $50,000) to start their own businesses.

This is aside the 41,000 graduates who benefited from the Graduate Internship Scheme of that administration which placed Nigerian graduates with employers who could not afford to pay them so the youths could get experience while the government paid them.

The Jonathan administration also set up two ICT Incubation Centers, one in Lagos and the other in Calabar to enhance and grow the ideas and innovations of Nigerian youths into viable globally recognized businesses.

It is worthy of note that when Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg visited Nigeria, the first place he chose to visit was the Co-Creation Hub (CCHUB) a brainchild of the Jonathan administration.
So, having criticized a government that did so much to spur youth innovation and employment, one would have thought that the APC would do better than the previous Peoples Democratic Party government of President Goodluck Jonathan. So, you can then imagine my shock when it was revealed that the APC government planned to recruit Nigerian university graduates as bus conductors!
Really? Bus conductors? And these are the people that tore the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to shreds with criticism? How sad!

I have one question for the APC. If graduates are to be conductors, then who will drive the buses? PhD and Masters holders?

But it is really ridiculous!

President Goodluck Jonathan gave graduates between ₦2m to ₦12 million each to start businesses and the APC ridiculed him and called him clueless. Today, the clue-full APC is giving graduates ₦50k to be conductors. Jonathan saw youths as businessmen which is why he empowered them to start businesses, but today the APC see youths as conductors. All I can say is welcome to the new Nigeria!

But on second thoughts, it all makes perfect sense when you think about it.

I now understand why the APC is turning our graduates to conductors. APC promised change and suddenly realized that it is conductors who collect change! So while the children of APC big wigs get plum jobs and juicy contracts, your children are ‘blessed’ with the opportunity to collect change! As far as they are concerned, the APC has fulfilled their campaign promises!

Someone told me that the APC has not created jobs and has even lost the jobs created by the Jonathan government and cited the report by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics which revealed that 4.58 million Nigerians have lost their jobs under President Buhari.

However, I disagreed with that person and said the APC has created jobs. When the person asked me what jobs my response was as follows – Examples of jobs APC has created for graduates: (a) Bus Conductors (b) Masquerade Dressers (c) Speech Plagiarizers and (d) which is specially for women; It is called Special Assistant on ‘Other Room’ and Kitchen Duties!

It is so sad that in less than two years we have gone from Graduate Internship Scheme to Graduate Bus Conductor Scheme. Alas, alas!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/apc-turned-graduates-conductors/

1 Like

Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by 7lives: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
Graduates 'been doing menial jobs in Nigeria since SAP, structural adjustment program.
And your worthless PDP couldn't even fix this for 16 good years, how can you expect me to take you serious Reno.

1 Like

Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
It is Economics, if there is no supply of graduates to be conductors, the positions will not be filled but if they are filled then those behind the recruitment know what they are doing.

Reno should keep quiet and wait for the anti-corruption dragnet to catch him.

1 Like

Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by DozieInc(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
The K.O punch, the change is real.
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by Badtman(m): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
Did Reno Forget That FFK was once Taxi driver in Abroad or he think Everybody will be a 419 political pastor like him

Meanwhile if this made front page then BiafraudExposed post must hit Fp
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by leofab(f): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by Metroescobar: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
grin who even listens to whatever tosh this colonial critic ever has to say sef?
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by SoNature(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mr Reno, I weep for this country!
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by NOC1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
But over there in Europe your PHD holders wash dead bodies, nannies, dish washers etc. You've been in government for sometime now Mr Reno AkA windel, what did you bring to the table of graduates, where is your company Mr man, what does your work force look like?
If been cooperate conductors will put food on there table so be it, if some one can paddle all the way to Europe through Mediterranean Sea to be a cleaner and morgue keepers why can't he stay bk here in Nigeria save him self that risk and be a conductor.

1 Like

Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by LadyExcellency: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
EXCERPTS FROM PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN’S REMARKS AT THE FLAG-OFF OF THE PDP 2015 CAMPAIGN IN LAGOS ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 8, 2015

Your Excellency, the chairman of our great party, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, senior members of our party here on this great occasion, we have spent so much time here so I will not bore you with protocols.

Today, I am going to address only a segment of the Nigerian population. I am going to address the people who are voting for the first time, those of you who will attain 18years this year.

That means I am addressing the young people. I donot want to address old people like me, because we are spent already and I will crave your indulgence Nigerian youths, those of you who are here, and those of you watching us at home, listen to what I am saying.

I am going to address political gatherings in 37 cities and I am going to dwell on three key things. I am focusing on the young people.

Whatever I say, when you go back, call your aunts or call your uncles, your father or your mother, or your cousin, that is at least 60 years old and confirm and ask them what you heard that the Presidential candidate of PDP mentioned in any of the rallies because 2015 elections is about the young people: either you vote and continue to be relevant in Nigeria’s political history or you vote for you to be irrelevant.

And I will repeat it, those of you who are voting for the first time, your decision to vote could mean you vote for a Nigerian youth to be important, to be relevant in this country or be a Nigerian person to be treated as a nonsense person and I believe all of you want to be relevant.
Re: How APC Turned Our Graduates To Conductors – Reno by omaguibu(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
For those commented before me asking Reno to shut up hmmmmmm. Nigerians witb hypocrisy. Is it truely with well with us? Expecially youths. Let us grow up or we will remain deprived and turn to serve their children as we are serving their fathers now.

(1) (Reply)

Question!! If Olamide, Wizkid And Davido Should Contest For Presidential E. / PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo, Others Attend Ibe Kachikwu's Book Launch / How Obasanjo Wanted To Remain In Power Forever - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.