Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. (8155 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by deor03(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2009
Good move, You never know until you're a victim.
I left my former apartment because of a noisy mosque. Their speaker was directly shooting into my room. At some point, i was almost running mad.
In order not to run kolo, i moved my family into another area. I made sure there was NO church or mosque in the vicinity
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by emiemi(f): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2009
The operation of the religious organizations in Nigeria is really crazy.

This explains in part why some peeps in Nigeria can think sensibly
i.e their heads have been daily bombarded with noise here and there
so much that the brain is used to turmoil and disorganized thots.
I welcome this development by the able gov. kiss
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by emiemi(f): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2009
deor03:

Good move, You never know until you're a victim.
I left my former apartment because of a noisy mosque. Their speaker was directly shooting into my room. At some point, i was almost running mad.
In order not to run kolo, i moved my family into another area. I made sure there was NO church or mosque in the vicinity

It's hard to find such an apartment where u won't find either churches or mosques.
My area has about 6 mosques and 8 churches and I'm not exaggerating.

I tell you one can become irrational after a long time with the noises.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by deor03(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2009
emiemi:

It's hard to find such an apartment where u won't find either churches or mosques.
My area has about 6 mosques and 8 churches and I'm not exaggerating.

I tell you one can become irrational after a long time with the noises.

That's true, I should have put "for now" on my post.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by TEEZERO(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2009
I have tried in vain to know for the law setting up LASEPA, just to know what their various sanctions are, and all that.
Anyone who can post a link would be appreciated.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by 3kay945(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2009
uhm thank GOD, my street only ve one church, with 3 or 4 membrs so they dont make much noise.grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by gist: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2009
nice one fashola,the governor after my heart.
sincerely, the noise pollution of churches is really bad,morning oooo, afternoon ooooo,evening oooooo,night oooooooooo, they are having services with so much noise disturbing the neighbourhood.
its either they remain shut  or something is done to that noise pollution abeggggggggggg.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Akanniade(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2009
The music record sellers at ikotun, mushin, oshodi, egbeda etc should be part of this sanitisation. They blast music at public places with impunity. The fuji record guys are the most culpable with their heavy speakers and tweeters.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by citizenY(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2009
There is a notorious record seller on Tin Can Island.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by bandely(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2009
One of the closed Mountain of Fire is located here in my area.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2009
These hypocrites who call them selves Christians use buildings that were residentially approved for churches,and they make our lives hell with very sophisticated music equipments and after making all the noise,they go to their homes in quiet areas to enjoy their sleep,while we that reside in the middle of their churches are left to suffer
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2009
to leave the country because i couldn't take the shit any longer.

These hypocrites who call them selves Christians use buildings that were residentially approved for churches,and they make our lives hell with very sophisticated music equipments and after making all the noise,they go to their homes in quiet areas to enjoy their sleep,while we that reside in the middle of their churches are left to suffer
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fashola is an ideal man to rule Lagos at a time like this, I am not disputing issues that will lead to the development & modernization of Lagos State. Great Work man!
   In the reasoning of the common man, there is tendency to act against a sect or anyone without a thought especially when you don't belong there, if Fashola is justified enough let him destroy a mosque, I learnt blood is ticker than water, so is religious believes ticker that blood, especially when the person is a staunch believer. The international community is in chaos because of nothing else but religion,
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by lawrence83: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fashola, Baba ni governor
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by r231(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fashola teking care of biz as usual. Eko oni baje
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by meine: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2009
cry cry cry

Meeeeennn, I can never forget my ordeal from the noise polution i suffered from a Celestial Church and a record seller  beside my former rented apartment in dopemu. I moved out of the area to a private estate in Ikeja a year ago, kindly take a look at my horror stories starting from sunday

[b]1. Sunday= Cele starts service by 10am blasting music untill around 4pm, luckily for me i escape to the first service of my church which starts by 7am, after that service i walk around the church greeting brothers and sisters to while away time,so i dont bother going home after my sunday service at ilupeju, i will be driving aimlessly arround visiting friends before returning home in the evening. Sometimes God dey catch cele ooo, because if i decide to go home and there is no light i put on my generator thereby blasting my own noise for cele ear.

2. Monday to Saturday= Record seller start blasting songs from 9am till 9pm , The favorites songs are ayefele, some pasuma, and one alhaji from Ilorin , thank God for office,i will stay back after work then drive home by 9:30 pm by that time record seller would have closed shop.

3. Monday,Wedsday and Friday Nights= Cele starts some deliverance vigil in the middle of the nite, so i go to bed early so i can catch some sleep such that the noise from the deliverance sessions will not be overwhelming.[/b]
After some time i had memorised some of the Cele songs so i usually sing along if i couldnt find sleep, the Record blaster also had these song about Islam in the city of Ilorin, i was amazed whenever i found myself singing along.

grin grin grin, Now i can laugh over it because my level don change small, but those were some good old days.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by galatico(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2009
There is this church Celestial Church next building to where I reside they disturb alot, I think LASEMA or whatever there name is should come and lock up the church .
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by lannre(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2009
Time- Time will tell, I only pray those praising him now will not say otherwise if any of his policy affects them. Whenever the real campaign starts , AC should not pollute the air with their political songs, and no posters should be pasted.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by lyfe(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2009
You should serve God without disturbing others, God does not support people disturbing others.

Fashola has nothing to do with this, do say he his stepping on toes again. The LASEPA is an Agency which one of its objective is to maintain serenity and check anything causing (Pollution) nuisance to the environment. Noise is among, Apart from the psychological effects, it causes over 72 known illness.
people sue their neighbours for this in developed countries.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by bjmighty(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2009
meine:

cry cry cry

Meeeeennn, I can never forget my ordeal from the noise polution i suffered from a Celestial Church and a record seller  beside my former rented apartment in dopemu. I moved out of the area to a private estate in Ikeja a year ago, kindly take a look at my horror stories starting from sunday

[b]1. Sunday= Cele starts service by 10am blasting music untill around 4pm, luckily for me i escape to the first service of my church which starts by 7am, after that service i walk around the church greeting brothers and sisters to while away time,so i dont bother going home after my sunday service at ilupeju, i will be driving aimlessly arround visiting friends before returning home in the evening. Sometimes God dey catch cele ooo, because if i decide to go home and there is no light i put on my generator thereby blasting my own noise for cele ear.

2. Monday to Saturday= Record seller start blasting songs from 9am till 9pm , The favorites songs are ayefele, some pasuma, and one alhaji from Ilorin , thank God for office,i will stay back after work then drive home by 9:30 pm by that time record seller would have closed shop.

3. Monday,Wedsday and Friday Nights= Cele starts some deliverance vigil in the middle of the nite, so i go to bed early so i can catch some sleep such that the noise from the deliverance sessions will not be overwhelming.[/b]
After some time i had memorised some of the Cele songs so i usually sing along if i couldnt find sleep, the Record blaster also had these song about Islam in the city of Ilorin, i was amazed whenever i found myself singing along.

grin grin grin, Now i can laugh over it because my level don change small, but those were some good old days.

LMAO!!!!!!God no go let you kill person with laff!!!!! I thank God for you now as levels don change. I hope say you never forget your neighbors wey you leave for there? Too funny, haba!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaa
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by mrperfect(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2009
God knows who is right.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by cvibe: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2009
My loudspeaker is bigger than yours churches.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by becomrich15: 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2009
rasputinn , what nonsense are you talking about. Can lagos be better than white people. even just close by my house over here is a large mosque, nearly half the size of lagos central mosque. the right to religion is a most. and we should not use religion to look for vote.

look mosque in lagos, make more noise than churches. That is  a well know fact. What it means is that fashola would close down all the mosque in lagos, because they all make noise.

every mosque in lagos at 5 am , make noise to call thier worshipper? Yes it may be wrong. how do you stop them. you go and close them all down or what?. stay away from religion.

we already have religion problem from the north, dont bring it over,
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by DisGuy: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2009
Good moves by Fash, I hope they go after noisy cars and motor cycles too then 2010 they sjould go after noisy generators!!

I think for the mosque, One call to prayer is enough for a district or 'estate' depending on how the area is
If one mosque does the call to prayer everyone should go to their nearest mosque instead of getting a call to prayer
for every individual mosque
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2009
@becomrich

young man, i can see from your reasoning that u are myopic and shallow in thinking.
i doubt if you are even educated,
so just because religion is a fragile issue in nigeria does not mean that the right thing shouldnt be done.
if we dont change our lifestyle now,when will it be changed.
The fact is that those churches and mosques are breaking the law,so they should be made to face the law.

i live in norway,and i attend a church here,the church i attend here also has a large congregation,yet their noise level is considerably low,and you wont know its a church until u go inside the building,save for the sign board.
That is the way a modern society should look like, so young man if you have no sensible opinion to post on nairaland,i suppose you shut your mouth up, so we all here dont contact any disease.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2009
@becomrich

young man, i can see from your reasoning that u are myopic and shallow in thinking.
i doubt if you are even educated,
so just because religion is a fragile issue in nigeria does not mean that the right thing shouldnt be done.
if we dont change our lifestyle now,when will it be changed.
The fact is that those churches and mosques are breaking the law,so they should be made to face the law.

i live in norway,and i attend a church here,the church i attend here also has a large congregation,yet their noise level is considerably low,and you wont know its a church until u go inside the building,save for the sign board.
That is the way a modern society should look like, so young man if you have no sensible opinion to post on nairaland,i suppose you shut your mouth up, so we all here dont contact any disease.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2009
And what beats my imagination about this matter,is that these problem is much more prevalent in areas where you have poor and less educated people in lagos state.you can never see this people set up their illegal religious worship centers in places like ikoyi,v/island, lekki. gbagada or those highbrow areas because they know what they are doing is wrong,and they would be chased out if they go those areas,but in areas like surulere,okota,ojuelegba,and the likes,where mainly traders and people who dont know their rights reside,you find them establishing mosques and churches indiscriminately and claiming that they are spreading the gospel. spreading the gospel my foot, yet the crime rate still is on the rise
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by vikiviko(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2009
Eko o ni baje.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2009
meine:

cry cry cry

It's posts like this one that make me really enjoy NairaLand!
grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by mbulela: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2009
RichyBlacK:

It's posts like this one that make me really enjoy NairaLand!
grin

you are not alone.
i had a hard time restraining myself while reading that post.
If you are outside the country, such posts make you so nostalgic that you may find yourself shedding a few tears and missing naija despite its imperfections.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Goldmind1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fashola be careful with this issue. Otherwise your end will be worse than your beginning.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2009
Gold-mind:

Fashola be careful with this issue. Otherwise your end will be worse than your beginning.

Would like to share with us your prophesy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weird Facts In The Book Of Job / Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? / .............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.