Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? (42379 Views)

Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by smileysmiley(f): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2016
realglobe:
Your emotions have nothing to do with the facts..
ok
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by akinmax: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On August 11, 2008, Madam Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, the Chairperson of Nigeria Stock Exchange organised a fundraising dinner to support United States Presidential hopeful and Democrat Nominee, Senator Barrack Obama. In the said event that was help in Lagos, more than $630,000 (N94.5 Million) was raised to support Obama's candidacy. This event was held WITHOUT approval of Mr Obama, and also it was against the laws of America. Organisers held the event at a point when the average Nigeria could not boast of $2 in a day. In fact, Obama eventually won, but Nigeria got no special benefit of his Presidency. He was elected as the President of United States of America, and not anywhere else.

Like 2008, Nigerians are now concerned about the forthcoming USA Presidential contest between Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Nominee Hilary Clinton.

In fact, I have seen various facebook pages, whatsapp groups and those of other forum run by Nigerians to solicit support for either of the candidates. It is ironical that most of these Clinton/Trump campaigners have never left the shores of Nigeria since they were born not to talk of possessing the right to vote in America. Some of them that are residents in America are either temporal residents or illegal residents. The negligible few that are citizens of America don't disturb the peace of Nigerians with the Trump/Clinton noise as they are concerned with their lives there.

It was laughable to read a piece that quoted Prof Wole Soyinka of threateing to destroy his American Green Card should Trump get elected. I laughed and ask, does Soyinka opinion or emotional feelngs now important in the scheme of things in America? Of what value is his Green Card to the American economy or even an average American? "na who even know Soyinka for America? Which American has his Green card helped for him to assume that Americans will be swayed by his emotional preference?

Though I am not for spiting Wole Soyinka or any Nigerian, but I think it is embarrassing for Nigerians to leave important pressing issues at home front just to appear important by joining the American campaign when their sermon are targeted at Nigerians with no single voting value in America. Beside, the emergence of either candidate will not help Nigeria out of recession. Americans are for America's interest, Nigerians should concern about Nigeria's interest.

A friend once told me that USA election affects the world, my reply to him was, same with the election of Nigeria, but should USA make wrong decision, they will bear the consequences and go down for another to rise. Same is applicable to every countries.

Finally my compatriots, let the truth be told, our opinion as Nigerians and non America citizens DOES NOT count in the American election. Let us at least learn to mind our business. I will end with two portions of the Bible:

"Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears."- Proverbs 26:17

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before."- 1 Thessalonians 4:11

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shaered on Palmchat Social Network

My brother don't think or talk small on global issue, its a global village, Global influence is real we all saw what happened in Nigeria during Buahri v Jonathan election.The influence of Washington in Nigeria election, Nigeria follows America democratic approach, America chose division over togetherness.Expect this to reflect on our political pattern Religious division, Class division,history division etc....
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chloedogie(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2016
Boring:

Too much T.V watching

You don't know anything about Trump.. So stfu

okay I will.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by donigspain(m): 10:42am On Nov 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
The only reason to be interested in American politics is because the Igbos are, and God knows how much we relish the very thought of humiliating them every step of the way grin
How far?

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Dainikel(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2016
Jus wondering how the likes of Wole Soyinka, Peter Okoye, Georgina Onuoha are gonna react to Trump's win seeing they indicated over the top interest on it...this turnaround could be likened to Buhari's win over Jonathan just when a significant number thought the 'already in power' would seize the day, the reverse took place.
I honestly wish this feat could be replicated in Nigeria(candidate with no political history; an exclusive businessman. clinching the win over the political inclined running mate).
Let's see how the insinuation of 'blacks in trouble' if Trump wins turns out...
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2016
donigspain:
How far?
Congratulations mr IPOB. Im looking foward to when Trump will be sending his troops to establish your Biafra
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by donigspain(m): 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
Congratulations mr IPOB. Im looking foward to when Trump will be sending his troops to establish your Biafra
I only asked "how far". Don't choke to death! grin grin undecided
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
donigspain:
I only asked "how far". Don't choke to death! grin grin undecided
Still wont get you Biafra
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Stricker321: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously why should i care if Americans elect a fish or cow as president??

You should care because the USA is the most powerful nation on earth.

Go figure.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by donigspain(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
Still wont get you Biafra
Cry cry baby! cry cry cry tongue
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by mrvitalis(m): 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
Stricker321:

You should care because the USA is the most powerful nation on earth.

Go figure.
Says who?? Let them enter Syria
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Stricker321: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

Says who?? Let them enter Syria

Keep deceiving and consoling yourself.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Bollove: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
edpunter:

This is really a tough call for Democrats, I really want Hillary to win cos it will make Nigeria recession alil' minimal, if Trump wins I can guarantee you there will be a surge in Nigeria currency and Nigeria will be in real mess cos he will curb immigration ban or restrict travelling Muslims, be aware as a Muslim you will fill document when entering US as Muslim and be scrutinized (profiling) and can be denied entry at port of entry cos the US already tags Nigeria as terrorist country cos of Boko-Haram. Most Nigerians know nothing just want Trump to win cos the like him but can't think of the aftermath. Listen your dreams of visiting/studying in US will be rejected for no reason cos he's gonna reform the government #DrainTheSwamp.
what a mentality!!! Why can't you study here !! Only travel to US when you have exceptional skills to offer or a sophisticated level of education to acquire and u must be ready to pay !!!

It is high time we Africans stand up for Africa ... white has always been pampering us so as to keep us blind forever, so as to keep our leaders blind.

Trump is the new Truth, a Reality to all lazy global leaders and non-productive countries!!!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by edpunter(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
Bollove:
what a mentality!!! Why can't you study here !! Only travel to US when you have exceptional skills to offer or a sophisticated level of education to acquire and u must be ready to pay !!!

It is high time we Africans stand up for Africa ... white has always been pampering us so as to keep us blind forever, so as to keep our leaders blind.

Trump is the new Truth, a Reality to all lazy global leaders and non-productive countries!!!

I've been to US 5(five) times, thinking about future folks.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chinnyonwu(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
Billyonaire:
What baffles me is why a very unlettered person like you who hasnt traveled out of this country in your life will attempt to form an opinion and even have the effrontery to address others who can educate you as ignorant.

You didnt bother to reason before writing. When you say Empires rise and fall, you are right. So why must I pay attention more to a third world country instead of identifying with the present world power ? I know you are unexposed in the global scheme of things so try and keep quiet and listen to others opinions instead of exposing your stupidity all of the time.

Why do you think America election is a global concern ? Because America is the present world power, and what ever happens there can make or mar the planet. So, if you dare insult me again, I will not hesitate to kick you around.
Oga this is Nairaland. LET me expand it for you. NIGERIA'S LARGEST ONLINE FORUM. Most of our topics here arw Nigeria related.
You skip nigerian news so well and yet you're always on NL and have 13000+ posts. Goto reddit or other forums that you resonate better with.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Bollove: 3:15am On Nov 10, 2016
edpunter:

I've been to US 5(five) times, thinking about future folks.
in the long run you are still a negro to a Caucasian. Donald Trump was racially elected and this shows how majority of white Americans feels about immigrants and the minority groups.

The earlier we start identifying with our nation the better, there are worst Trump cooking out there.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by oduz: 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously why should i care if Americans elect a fish or cow as president??
[size=18pt]

Good question for those who have forgotten that the Cow threatened to re-Colonise Nigeria[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover / Mamoudou Gassama Awarded By Paris Mayor (Photos) / The Top Candidates To Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.