Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? (41978 Views)

Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by BigIyanga: 2:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Neither Trump nor Clinton mentioned Africa in all three debates.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2016
campaign for a candidate can influence people's decision on who to vote for. a vote for trump who promised to send d Nigerians there back home plus other promises he made. don't you think this will affect those whose breadwinner are there and supporting the family back home. or them even coming back home, where there's no job. increasing d unemployment level.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by neocortex: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2016
@Toyebarcanista, It makes sense that Nigerians are showing interest in US elections.
Consider the fact that many Nigerians are undocumented immigrants
in the US and also the influence the US has on our government.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by loopman: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly!

During Brexit, you will never see Americans worrying themselves about the decision of the British because their say is irrelevant. But Nigerians Biafrans think a Trump will help fight Buhari or a Clinton will become the financier of APC. I don't just get

I know you are afraid to offend some people, but I've helped you with the appropriate description of those in the category you referred to.
Regardless of who wins, Nigeria or Nigerians will not enjoy any out of this world attention.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by neocortex: 8:03am On Nov 08, 2016
BigIyanga:

But Trump mentioned Africans in his rally and speech.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by 989900D: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2016
mykel20:
Do you know the magnitude of trade that goes on btw Nigeria and the USA. Do you realise that the US president's stance on importation of Oil can affect Nigeria a whole lot( remember what happened when the US stopped buying our crude). Also his position on immigration can greatly affect Nigerian students there( hundreds of thousands of both undergraduate and graduate students) and can also affect ease of doing business in the US by Nigerians. The truth is that the US President is a global citizen, he is most likely the most powerful individual on the planet, his policies affect developing Nations like Nigeria. Why do you think European and Asian news networks keenly follow the US elections, afterall their citizens can't vote in the US also. I see your point though, sometimes Nigerians like to interlope in other peoples affairs.
You don't get the point, do you?

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't get the point, do you?
I was just trying to be polite. The op was totally pointless and quite ignorant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by BigIyanga: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
neocortex:

But Trump mentioned Africans in his rally and speech.
Debate is a platform to reveal what they're going to offer the country. Africa was never mentioned!!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chansmokers: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
loopman:

When you Igbos don't have a way out of an arguement you resort to your default mode, insult to wriggle your way out. Speaks volume of your brain matter.
How can someone's occupation be attacking people who are not from his tribe
Gay you have issues

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by obaloppelujo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
Donald Trump please win and deport my uncle who has been in America for the past 30 years
money he no get, house he no build
come dey farm for Africa he no wan com
na so so yea men yea men he dey talk.
............Lmao

4 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
Billyonaire:

These show how timid you are. You agree you are a global citizen yet you are so ignorant about monitoring the emergence of global leadership. I have no problems with a man remaining ignorant, but what bothers me is when you try to impose the blanket of ignorance on others who have free will. What a cave man this is.

To really believe billionaires dont come online and do not interact does show another level of your stupidity. I repeat, some of us have investments outside of this ceasepit and even in the USA. We have relatives, friends and wives, and kids and we bother about who occupies the seat of govt in USA.

As human beings, we also care who Americans give access to nuclear weapons, so we form opinions, we influence opinions and we do whatever it takes to make sure no unreasonable person occupies the global seat of power.

Like I said earlier, you are a very ignorant person, and I have seen your picture on the blog, you can not stand in my face in real life, cos my little cousins that I groom are better off than you in every ramifications.

Go and sit down!
I sincerely appreciate your response so far.
1 We depend on international aids from countries like a
The us.
2 The Boko Haram crises lingered to this moment because of the US actions or inaction.
3 The secatary of state visited Nigeria at the heat of the 2015 election which one way or the other prevented post election violence.
These and many more are reasons why their election should burder us in Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Ajixegun: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
Billyonaire:

All you type there doesnt make any sense. You have not mentioned why the global citizens shouldnt watch and pay attention to US politics. I will take it that you are ignorant of power play.

Our Naira is valued based on dollars as yardstick
Our Democracy is tailored towards US Democracy
Our electioneering campaign and voting are engineered in US style.

We are global citizens, and Nigerians are not exception. People need global leadership and US has always been that global leader that even your President beg to visit so he can take pictures. Okorocha even put up a bill board showing him shaking Obama's hands yet a small boy like you think you know enough to chastise people.

Stop chatting with me abeg, I didnt know you are this timid.

You are a brainwashed african who always think without western aids Africans will not survive. SMH for u

2 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by neocortex: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
BigIyanga:

Debate is platform to reveal when they're going to offer the country. Africa was never mentioned!!

Was anything reasonable discussed in their debates ?
I don't consider stating how bad your opponent is "an offer for the country".
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ajixegun:

You are a brainwashed african who always think without western aids Africans will not survive. SMH for u
Let me ask you this. This internet that we are using, who invented it ?

5 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Zhedoga: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
realsammie:
Mr Op, America is the world leader so any decision they make will directly or indirectly have an impact on all the countries of the world (Nigeria included). I also read the part you said the decision of Nigeria can also have an impact on the world. How please?
Through self deportation before it is too late grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by DeWorlex45(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Its unfortunate dt many ppl here are arguing OFF POINT, d OP was of d opinion dt Non-American & Ineligible voters in dis America election should not bother too much on what their Decision dnt affect. Everybody knows dt who control America controls d world, bt how does a NIGERIAN decision affect or impacted AMERICA's election? D painful thing is dt many of these people forming Too-know here have neither visited an airport nor have any relations there; even d friends they claim to hve there have forgoten them a long while. So why bother on what my decision dont affect, including our own Nigeria election self?? D OP was very right & corret. Some Nigerians too dey like busybody, taking madicine for another man's sickness.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
BigIyanga:
Thank you. That's because in their scheme of things we are irrelevant
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by donpapa(m): 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
Nigeria's official minimum wage is now about $50/month, less than two dollars a day. Thats what should concern all of us now. Certainly not Hillary and Donald. undecided
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Fortissimo502: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Inkman:
If you don't know.. The President of American is the world's most powerful person, every country has a say in who takes the spot. Believe it or not, the decisions taken by that person directly or indirectly affects other countries.

Correction. Putin is the most powerful.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chefetalkane(m): 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Fortissimo502: 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Billyonaire:
They wear funny caps inside house and the women wear hijab. What a confused country. Who wears cap indoors if not bunch of morons.

We are not sovereign yet, so dont blame people who need hope.

What's wrong with women wearing hijab? Are they wearing it on your head? Btw people wear caps indoors all over the world. Including America.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by vicsterling(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
because we got brothers over there, and they are the fücking world power undecided
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by onionsoup(f): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
Flexherbal:

Because some of their policies may affect Nigeria directly or indirectly.
My opinion, though!

I coccur jare. Besides I got loved ones living legit in the US. I'm worried for them too. If the election goes wrong my peeps will be affected
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by cupidhero(m): 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Empire rise, empire fall. Yesterday it was Greek, later it became Rome, then British became very powerful, at a point Germany was like all powerful, USSR too was, today USA is. If USA makes wrong decision, they will GIVE WAY for a new superpower. That has no business on the rest of the world including NIGERIA.

@The Bold, you are ignorant or unexposed
Greek? British? Use pidgin and una go say no now see the nonsense you wrote up there. U no bright at all.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by ayamprecious: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
What is your biz with this USA of a thing , make una mind your business na

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by IVORY2009(m): 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
madridguy:
IPOB terrorists want Trump to un-sit PMB grin grin

I repeat, Hilary Clinton is a terrorist while Trump is a racist. Am more concern about price of Garri.

I hope Zahra will not kick u out of the house becos of this Garri issue grin cheesy
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
God bless Op
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Leez(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On August 11, 2008, Madam Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, the Chairperson of Nigeria Stock Exchange organised a fundraising dinner to support United States Presidential hopeful and Democrat Nominee, Senator Barrack Obama. In the said event that was help in Lagos, more than $630,000 (N94.5 Million) was raised to support Obama's candidacy. This event was held WITHOUT approval of Mr Obama, and also it was against the laws of America. Organisers held the event at a point when the average Nigeria could not boast of $2 in a day. In fact, Obama eventually won, but Nigeria got no special benefit of his Presidency. He was elected as the President of United States of America, and not anywhere else.

Like 2008, Nigerians are now concerned about the forthcoming USA Presidential contest between Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Nominee Hilary Clinton.

In fact, I have seen various facebook pages, whatsapp groups and those of other forum run by Nigerians to solicit support for either of the candidates. It is ironical that most of these Clinton/Trump campaigners have never left the shores of Nigeria since they were born not to talk of possessing the right to vote in America. Some of them that are residents in America are either temporal residents or illegal residents. The negligible few that are citizens of America don't disturb the peace of Nigerians with the Trump/Clinton noise as they are concerned with their lives there.

It was laughable to read a piece that quoted Prof Wole Soyinka of threateing to destroy his American Green Card should Trump get elected. I laughed and ask, does Soyinka opinion or emotional feelngs now important in the scheme of things in America? Of what value is his Green Card to the American economy or even an average American? "na who even know Soyinka for America? Which American has his Green card helped for him to assume that Americans will be swayed by his emotional preference?

Though I am not for spiting Wole Soyinka or any Nigerian, but I think it is embarrassing for Nigerians to leave important pressing issues at home front just to appear important by joining the American campaign when their sermon are targeted at Nigerians with no single voting value in America. Beside, the emergence of either candidate will not help Nigeria out of recession. Americans are for America's interest, Nigerians should concern about Nigeria's interest.

A friend once told me that USA election affects the world, my reply to him was, same with the election of Nigeria, but should USA make wrong decision, they will bear the consequences and go down for another to rise. Same is applicable to every countries.

Finally my compatriots, let the truth be told, our opinion as Nigerians and non America citizens DOES NOT count in the American election. Let us at least learn to mind our business. I will end with two portions of the Bible:

"Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears."- Proverbs 26:17

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before."- 1 Thessalonians 4:11

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shaered on Palmchat Social Network
bro while i agree wit ur writeup
i disagree on d soyinka part
wole has nigeria in his heart
wole was in jail for his support of biafra
wole held a radio station at gunpoint ffs
so yes dos nigerians supporting clinton/trump blindly nid help but wole is a world citizen and a nobel laureate
i respect ur views esp politically bro so ds wole diss saddens me
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by mikeade11(m): 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
Vocal Combat!! to be continued...
TonyeBarcanista:
Empire rise, empire fall. Yesterday it was Greek, later it became Rome, then British became very powerful, at a point Germany was like all powerful, USSR too was, today USA is. If USA makes wrong decision, they will GIVE WAY for a new superpower. That has no business on the rest of the world including NIGERIA.

@The Bold, you are ignorant or unexposed
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by nijascammers: 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
See the reason why Ipods hate Buhari, because under Buhari stealing is corruption.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/08/two-nigerian-americans-arrested-credit-card-forgery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

27 Storey London Tower Block On Fire, Many Feared Dead(photos). / Mali: N’daou, Goita Sworn In As President, VP / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.