Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? (41976 Views)

Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Lawcurrent(m): 5:24am On Nov 09, 2016
"It's not even noon yet on the East Coast and every staffer in our office is completely overwhelmed with reports of voter irregularity, vote fraud, bussing, etc.
I’ve been investigating vote fraud for seven years, and have never seen anything like this.
Here’s what I’m hearing so far . . .
-GOP poll workers in Philly and three other counties have been thrown out of polling locations
-Active campaigning for Hillary in Pennsylvania
-Voting machines down in Tennessee
-Reports of busses crossing Mexican border in California going directly to polling places
And that’s just in the last hour."
~ James O'Keefe, Project Veritas, 11:57am
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by emi14: 5:28am On Nov 09, 2016
Flexherbal:

Because some of their policies may affect Nigeria directly or indirectly.
My opinion, though!

Which opinion. Opinion like what. Elaborate.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by toyinid78: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2016
Dis is why ur nigerians,u put ur energy on issues dat does not concern u,if america is world power tell me how much disbursed ino ur families,I even see u people trade insults at each other like ur all americans,wen u shud use dis energy to see wat we can do about our own problems here in nigeria I blame d person dat design phone for some of u,did is how u go to school to get a certificate to come n blow grammar on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by amanikondo: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2016
toyinid78:
Dis is why ur nigerians,u put ur energy on issues dat does not concern u,if america is world power tell me how much disbursed ino ur families,I even see u people trade insults at each other like ur all americans,wen u shud use dis energy to see wat we can do about our own problems here in nigeria I blame d person dat design phone for some of u,did is how u go to school to get a certificate to come n blow grammar on nairaland

It affects the fight against malaria. Also, aids. The cheap aids drug.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by planetx: 5:52am On Nov 09, 2016
This is turning out to be a momentous landslide victory for Donald Trump like I rightly predicted. It's about time Nigerians jettison all this their fake so called men of God that couldn't even see his own building collapsing but is telling you who the next American president is going to be, when anybody on the ground in the US like I was will see Americans disenchanted with conventional politics coming out heavy for Trump. 30 more electoral votes with Wisconsin and Michigan trending his way and Trump is the next American president cool

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by ojayunited(m): 5:52am On Nov 09, 2016
Electoral vote count - @realDonaldTrump leads @HillaryClinton 254 to 209. Tune in to Fox News Channel now. #FoxNews2016
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Olateef(m): 5:55am On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Kingbuhari(m): 5:55am On Nov 09, 2016
field marshal Donald Trump is having a field day crooky Hillary is unelectable make I book space joor 2day we gonna celebrate our hard earn victory.... Afonjas will not sleep tonight
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by evilapc: 5:56am On Nov 09, 2016
supporters of APC, afonjas, almajiris, it seems Ipob don win for USA ..what can you zombies say?
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by zheroes(m): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2016
ekanDamie:
I tire o. dey claim dey made a wrong decision in our own elections
now dey want to gwan make anoda decision in a country dat does not concern us.
why we like busy body like this? US elections is not Manchester Derby
now am gonna take you on this. As far as am concerned whatebver makes you happy and whatever you believe in die with it.if any one decides to pitch tent with any candidate its their choice as long as they don't put a rag on your face trying to do that. Now how does manchester derby affect nigerias recession? In no way!!!! But it does make you happy as a person . Am a true arsenal fan but when they mess up I take a week or two leave from football. What we simply need to do is know where to draw the line. OP has a point but I dont totally agree with him. We all need each other in live even if individual decisions can not alter our personal destinies. Same applies to countries. Because we do trade on international level
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:00am On Nov 09, 2016
ojayunited:
Electoral vote count - @realDonaldTrump
leads @HillaryClinton 254 to 209. Tune in
to Fox News Channel now.
#FoxNews2016
Lol....been watching Cable News since.....Trump is 232 while Hillary is 209...

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by omolayomi06: 6:00am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On August 11, 2008, Madam Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, the Chairperson of Nigeria Stock Exchange organised a fundraising dinner to support United States Presidential hopeful and Democrat Nominee, Senator Barrack Obama. In the said event that was help in Lagos, more than $630,000 (N94.5 Million) was raised to support Obama's candidacy. This event was held WITHOUT approval of Mr Obama, and also it was against the laws of America. Organisers held the event at a point when the average Nigeria could not boast of $2 in a day. In fact, Obama eventually won, but Nigeria got no special benefit of his Presidency. He was elected as the President of United States of America, and not anywhere else.

Like 2008, Nigerians are now concerned about the forthcoming USA Presidential contest between Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Nominee Hilary Clinton.

In fact, I have seen various facebook pages, whatsapp groups and those of other forum run by Nigerians to solicit support for either of the candidates. It is ironical that most of these Clinton/Trump campaigners have never left the shores of Nigeria since they were born not to talk of possessing the right to vote in America. Some of them that are residents in America are either temporal residents or illegal residents. The negligible few that are citizens of America don't disturb the peace of Nigerians with the Trump/Clinton noise as they are concerned with their lives there.

It was laughable to read a piece that quoted Prof Wole Soyinka of threateing to destroy his American Green Card should Trump get elected. I laughed and ask, does Soyinka opinion or emotional feelngs now important in the scheme of things in America? Of what value is his Green Card to the American economy or even an average American? "na who even know Soyinka for America? Which American has his Green card helped for him to assume that Americans will be swayed by his emotional preference?

Though I am not for spiting Wole Soyinka or any Nigerian, but I think it is embarrassing for Nigerians to leave important pressing issues at home front just to appear important by joining the American campaign when their sermon are targeted at Nigerians with no single voting value in America. Beside, the emergence of either candidate will not help Nigeria out of recession. Americans are for America's interest, Nigerians should concern about Nigeria's interest.

A friend once told me that USA election affects the world, my reply to him was, same with the election of Nigeria, but should USA make wrong decision, they will bear the consequences and go down for another to rise. Same is applicable to every countries.

Finally my compatriots, let the truth be told, our opinion as Nigerians and non America citizens DOES NOT count in the American election. Let us at least learn to mind our business. I will end with two portions of the Bible:

"Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears."- Proverbs 26:17

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before."- 1 Thessalonians 4:11

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shaered on Palmchat Social Network
ignorance of the highest order. if you don't know try to know today america rile the world, so if they choose a wrong leader that mean the world is in chaos already try to lead before you write you so call write up... I think I support wole Soyinka because he as been to America and knows what it going to bevthe faith of the the world if that stupid trump win the election...
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2016
planetx:
This is turning out to be a momentous landslide victory for Donald Trump like I rightly predicted. It's about time Nigerians jettison all this their fake so called men of God that couldn't even see his own building collapsing but is telling you who the next American president is going to be, when anybody on the ground in the US like I was will see Americans disenchanted with conventional politics coming out heavy for Trump. 30 more electoral votes with Wisconsin and Michigan trending his way andTrump is the next American president cool
lol
It's not that way bro, if you remember back in 2012, Mitt was leading Obama but it all changed at 04:11am and Obama had a surge of votes and ended at 278 or so and 270 is the mark..
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chloedogie(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Everybody is a global citizen, but everyone knows his father's compoubnd.

All Hail the e-Dangote. Keep kwayet, real billionaires have no time with irrelevances. I understand that you wish to be one, I pray you become one.

The fact remains that you don't have ANY opinion outside affairs in Nigeria.

I've bn following you guys' debate on this matter. But that statement of All Hail the e-dangote says it all about you. Here you are, busy hailing Dangote when the person you are exchanging words with is telling you he has investments in places. Can you see the Nigerian mentality? Hailing Dangote? Maybe you should ask at what age he broke into wealth. And you are here hailing him? Just thinking loud sha.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2016
Trump just sped past Hillary in Pennsylvania
Trump now has 238
Hillary now has 209
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On August 11, 2008, Madam Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, the Chairperson of Nigeria Stock Exchange organised a fundraising dinner to support United States Presidential hopeful and Democrat Nominee, Senator Barrack Obama. In the said event that was help in Lagos, more than $630,000 (N94.5 Million) was raised to support Obama's candidacy. This event was held WITHOUT approval of Mr Obama, and also it was against the laws of America. Organisers held the event at a point when the average Nigeria could not boast of $2 in a day. In fact, Obama eventually won, but Nigeria got no special benefit of his Presidency. He was elected as the President of United States of America, and not anywhere else.

Like 2008, Nigerians are now concerned about the forthcoming USA Presidential contest between Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Nominee Hilary Clinton.

In fact, I have seen various facebook pages, whatsapp groups and those of other forum run by Nigerians to solicit support for either of the candidates. It is ironical that most of these Clinton/Trump campaigners have never left the shores of Nigeria since they were born not to talk of possessing the right to vote in America. Some of them that are residents in America are either temporal residents or illegal residents. The negligible few that are citizens of America don't disturb the peace of Nigerians with the Trump/Clinton noise as they are concerned with their lives there.

It was laughable to read a piece that quoted Prof Wole Soyinka of threateing to destroy his American Green Card should Trump get elected. I laughed and ask, does Soyinka opinion or emotional feelngs now important in the scheme of things in America? Of what value is his Green Card to the American economy or even an average American? "na who even know Soyinka for America? Which American has his Green card helped for him to assume that Americans will be swayed by his emotional preference?

Though I am not for spiting Wole Soyinka or any Nigerian, but I think it is embarrassing for Nigerians to leave important pressing issues at home front just to appear important by joining the American campaign when their sermon are targeted at Nigerians with no single voting value in America. Beside, the emergence of either candidate will not help Nigeria out of recession. Americans are for America's interest, Nigerians should concern about Nigeria's interest.

A friend once told me that USA election affects the world, my reply to him was, same with the election of Nigeria, but should USA make wrong decision, they will bear the consequences and go down for another to rise. Same is applicable to every countries.

Finally my compatriots, let the truth be told, our opinion as Nigerians and non America citizens DOES NOT count in the American election. Let us at least learn to mind our business. I will end with two portions of the Bible:

"Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears."- Proverbs 26:17

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before."- 1 Thessalonians 4:11

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shaered on Palmchat Social Network

Get your facts ryt boy. posts at always ill informed
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by justi4jesu(f): 6:08am On Nov 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously why should i care if Americans elect a fish or cow as president??

grin grin grin grin Lmao
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by justi4jesu(f): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:
Lol....been watching Cable News since.....Trump is 232 while Hillary is 209...

Trump is now leading with 244
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:10am On Nov 09, 2016
Michigan, Detroit and Pennsylvania are for Trump.....Trump my guy
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:11am On Nov 09, 2016
justi4jesu:

it's 238 on CNN bro..
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by planetx: 6:11am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:
lol
It's not that way bro, if you remember back in 2012, Mitt was leading Obama but it all changed at 04:11am and Obama had a surge of votes and ended at 278 or so and 270 is the mark..
I like your optimism but Hillary Clinton supporters have seen the writing on the wall and they are crying already. Trump is at 244 and if he wins Pennsylvania it's game over. Obama's 2012 victory was called b4 midnight so I don't know what 04:11am you talking about.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chloedogie(m): 6:13am On Nov 09, 2016
Ajixegun:

You are a brainwashed african who always think without western aids Africans will not survive. SMH for u

I pray God for you to get a job in a proper multinational or service them, your sentences will all change. For now, considering the state of our economy and caliber of leaders we have, man I'm pleased to tell you that we, at this point need the Western Aid. Just put a child that had Western education with one that had African education, you will see a difference of North to South.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:13am On Nov 09, 2016
planetx:
I like your optimism but Hillary Clinton supporters have seen the writing on the wall and they are crying already. Trump is at 244 and if he wins Pennsylvania it's game over.
lol, I am Trump supporter, I was just saying it's kinda early to celebrate.. grin but I know Trump will win so far Hillary doesn't have Michigan..
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:14am On Nov 09, 2016
justi4jesu:

Just tuned to BBC....its 244....CNN dey craze grin
Trump my guy....
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by justi4jesu(f): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:
it's 238 on CNN bro..

Go to BBC.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chloedogie(m): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2016
planetx:
I like your optimism but Hillary Clinton supporters have seen the writing on the wall and they are crying already. Trump is at 244 and if he wins Pennsylvania it's game over.

If is conditional SIR. Although didn't know Trump would do well like this. Tells you the power of voters. I just like this their elections.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by ATERI(m): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2016
Obama came to London a couple of weeks before the referendum vote. He told the United Kingdom that they would always be at the back of the queue in all trade negotiations should London vote to leave the EU

The winner of the best presidential election in Nigeria miraculously died when Americans came visiting

From my own observation, the editorial policy of Nairaland is dictated by America!

Congratulations to all Trump supporters. His mess is your mess not mine! Good luck with the mess!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:16am On Nov 09, 2016
justi4jesu:

Go to BBC.
Ye, seen.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Trump win or Clinton win, I don't give a damn. cheesy

Yes you don't, because you have nothing at stake..but others, who have families, relatives, friends, businesses over there do give more than a damn.
Your opinion is candid, but it's your opinion none-the-less and not a general consensus. Don't try to shove it down other people's throat biko.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Temmywalex: 6:18am On Nov 09, 2016
Update as at this morning.

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Weah96: 6:18am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:
lol

Romney ended up with 222 total. Trump had 222 over 2 hours ago.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2016
chloedogie:

If is conditional SIR. Although didn't know Trump would do well like this. Tells you the power of voters. I just like this their elections.
Well, I had a feeling cuz I've been following this election since.........I am always up to date on the election news and all.... I think the email scandal wrecked Hillary, that was the inception of her downfall...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

27 Storey London Tower Block On Fire, Many Feared Dead(photos). / Mali: N’daou, Goita Sworn In As President, VP / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.