Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,434 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T (44817 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Lt Col Mohammad Abu-ali's Body Transported To Base, See Wife And Kid Too (pic) / El-Rufai Blasted For Writing An Ode On Muhammad Ali's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Abeymills(m): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2016
Shame on bubuhari shame on burantashi d snake shammer army hq is located now in bornu yet top men are killed nothing seems 2b working well under dis useles old tyrant all he wants is power

2 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by CSTR13: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Why is this not on the front page?
lalasticlala or whoever.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by malel1: 8:17am On Nov 08, 2016
kabman:
We are not serious in this country.lets purchase russian and chinese 5th generation jets and stop begging western countries.

Are u for real
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by progress69: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2016
ezugegere:
"So how did we achieve the initial upper hand, cutting down Boko Haram down and capturing territories from the terrorists?

The upper hand started in February 2015 due to the arrival of T-72 tanks in the theatre. Chadian troops also assisted in mounting pressure on Boko Haram terrorists at the same time. This resulted in Boko Haram splitting their forces to several places at the same time.

So how did we lose the plot?

Recall that there were mercenaries that fought with Nigerian Army troops in the first and second quarters of 2015.

Yes

Boko Haram seems to have good strategist who study our modus operandi and cause them to adjust accordingly. The Nigerian military may need to reappraise its approach to counter insurgency operations.

Those mercenaries really assisted us and their withdrawal signalled the gradual regrouping of Boko Haram terrorists. This is because their withdrawal was sudden and not in phases.

But why was their withdrawal sudden?

The new government terminated their contract.

What did the mercenaries bring to the table that our troops lack?

They came with armoured fighting equipment. Above all, they had night fighting capabilities."

The upper hand recorded was not Buhari's doing but Jonathan's!

Keeo deceiving yourselves. After 5 years, and election was around the corner initially slated for Feb 14. A purposeful delay tactics.
If the money channneled to the war was rightly used from the begi of the insurgency, those animals will never have grown to be the monster that they are now.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2016
progress69:

Keeo deceiving yourselves. After 5 years, and election was around the corner initially slated for Feb 14. A purposeful delay tactics.
If the money channneled to the war was rightly used from the begi of the insurgency, those animals will never have grown to be the monster that they are now.
the delay was due to their thinking that the West will change and sell weapons to them but, it became clear that the west will not and they have to rush to buy from existing(used) Inventory from friendly nations and that's how China, Ukraine, Czech Republic sold weapons to us.
This the same mistake that GEJ did and that is what Buhari is doing, his thinking is that America will sell to him the attack jets that he wants but, you and I know better.

9 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by progress69: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2016
o42austino:
the delay was due to their thinking that the West will change and sell weapons to them but, it became clear that the west will not and they have to rush to buy from existing(used) Inventory from friendly nations and that's how China, Ukraine, Czech Republic sold weapons to us.
This the same mistake that GEJ did and that is what Buhari is doing, his thinking is that America will sell to him the attack jets that he wants but, you and I know better.

This is the most useless excuse i have read in recent times. The annoying thing is u guys don't even know what you are talking about. When actually was this embargo placed? And when exactly have did this war start. It is annoying when i see excuse of arms embargo. The US are not the only ones selling weapons. Asides the human rights abuses, it is no news that BH were actually snatching weapons and equipmets from the previous ill motivated army. They raid barracks, which is meant to be one of the most secured places and loot weapons and ammunitions, they even take over tanks and move them to their hide outs. Are u telling me BH is more equipped than the NA? When even many of their weapons were looted from the police and military in the past. Enough of these excuses, the war was a money spinning machine for the previous government.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2016
progress69:

This is the most useless excuse i have read in recent times. The annoying thing is u guys don't even know what you are talking about. When actually was this embargo placed? And when exactly have did this war start. It is annoying when i see excuse of arms embargo. The US are not the only ones selling weapons. Asides the human rights abuses, it is no news that BH were actually snatching weapons and equipmets from the previous ill motivated army. They raid barracks, which is meant to be one of the most secured places and loot weapons and ammunitions, they even take over tanks and move them to their hide outs. Are u telling me BH is more equipped than the NA? When even many of their weapons were looted from the police and military in the past. Enough of these excuses, the war was a money spinning machine for the previous government.
for the fact that the weapons where delivered February 2015 to the war front does not mean that it's was bought then. In defence industries things work differently, yes the Equipment bought where used equipment but, it still needs to be service and modifications made to suit the theatre its needed and that takes time. dude weapon are not manufactured like you Toyota camry or your Mercedes benz.

7 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Lilimax(f): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2016
READ THIS:
What is the true state of affairs?

The truth is that from September to November this year, we have lost so many troops that can’t even be accounted for.

Prominent amongst those lost are Maj DS Erasmus and 8 soldiers – 25 Sep 2016 due to IED / ambush along Bama – Banki road. Lt Col K Yusuf and 83 soldiers missing in action on 16 Oct 2016 when Boko Haram attacked troops location at Gashigar. Lt Col M Abu-Ali and five soldiers were killed on 4 November 2016 on their way to reinforce troops at Mallam Fatori during Boko Haram attack.

On 5 November 2016, two soldiers were killed at Kwada during Boko Haram attack on troops location. One soldier was wounded while another two were declared missing in action.

In another attack in Kangarwa on 6 November, one soldier was killed while four other soldiers were wounded in action. Thirteen Boko Haram terrorists were killed and unconfirmed number of them was wounded.

shocked shocked shocked shocked Are they really winning this war

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by obailala(m): 9:39am On Nov 08, 2016
This is sad... Is there ever a time when we can get things right in this nation? undecided
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by glossy6(f): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2016
I stopped reading the story when I got to the point where he mentioned that uncountable troops had been killed.

What a waste! And somebody started this just to get back at GEJ & assume the seat of power by all means possible. What a loss!!!

May God help us in this country

4 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by doctokwus: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2016
This is just a beer induced talk but I feel that God is just showing his wrath to the govt of PMB that his refusal to remove Buratai is tantamount to going against his will.
God is telling him that if Buratai is being kept because he is deemed efficient,then his incompetence will be exposed for all to see.
Remove Buratai,prosecute him and see a more competent army general lead d army and take it to new heights.
Random thoughts though.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Godwingist(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2016
cry cry cry just too sad
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by sekundosekundo: 9:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Pangea:
From all indications,
There is a resurgence
And Buhari seems not to understand what is going on.
I think we have made a great mistake!

God bless you. Buhari terminated the contract of foreign mercenaries and released top commanders of BOKO HARAM members. THIS IS WHERE HE MISSED IT.

2 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by sholavictor(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2016
MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PEACE AND GOD SHOULD CONTINUE TO GIVE THE FAMILY THE HEART TO BEAR THE LOST.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by KingsleyCEO: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2016
Apart from human right abuse, they are also political. Even when this regime was yet to add to anything to their arsenal they were already singing the military is well equipped now we are winning the war... Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Orikinla(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2016
The military tactics of the Nigerian Army in the 1960s, 70s and 80s cannot work in the 21st century.
We are loosing soldiers, because of failures of military intelligence and sabotage.

We have failed to infiltrate the Boko Haram.

Deployment of drones will reduce military casualties.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by AmAlbert(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2016
Abeg who tissue paper, I wan shit abeg
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by alaskido(m): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2016
So up till now this foolish President never buy new equipment for Army to fight Boko Haram. I think they were blaming GEJ that he could not fight Boko Haram. What happened to the huge budget they padded? These politicians go kill us o. Playing with peoples lives. I thought they said Boko Haram has been technically defeated. Lies everywhere. Liar Mohammed, you see your life.

2 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by citizenjuwon(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2016
This is where Nigerian armed forces needs to focus more.
" armoured fighting equipment and night fighting capabilities."

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by ArabMopol(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2016
the Sweetest line I read in this epistle ..... (The big
question is, how many
equipment has the present
government procured and
where are they deployed for
use?) Zombies will skip this hard truth, buhari that keep blaming Jonathan for embezzling arm fund how many have he procure so far...
according to this guy he said Buhari foolishly
terminated the contract of hired mercenaries... Buhari is fighting boko haram with bias, buhari is selfish and shortsighted he wants all the glories all for himself alone, boko haram is still a formidable force in North East... buhari is gaining from this war he deliberately setup so he can realised his Islamic agenda in Nigeria, buhari installed inside man in Nigeria Army that keep licking intelligent gathering and movement of this brave soldiers,
Nigeria is not worth dying for... I spit on buhari grave, he is playing politics with the lives of this guys,

3 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Gkemz: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2016
Insightful thoughts. These boko haram terrorists shouldn't be taken lightly for granted. They strategizes to counter every mode operandi of Army while the army image maker keeps talking and boasting to boost Nigerians confidence in them.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2016
amazingspiderma:
Nigeria's problems are all manmade.

Useless country I tell you

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by ndcide(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2016
We will know the truth some day. I've explained severally, but those with extreme sentiments will push it aside because of buhari. The politics of boko haram, the strategy of arm purchase, the evil of political propaganda just because of Jonathan, the idea of stealing from available funds, the issues of sabotage, the need for mercenaries etc. I've highlighted them several times.

All in all GEJ did his best and trying to demonize him is most unfortunate.

Where are the equipment purchased by this buhari government and where are they being used.

God will judge boko haram issues in Nigeria. QED

8 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by tymgotel: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2016
thesicilian:
In war there are casualties. Our troops need more support now more than ever
una troops dey Delta state the fight for oil Money.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by nigeriafilm(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2016
I don't know what to say anymore
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by sekundosekundo: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2016
concacid, abdulkabirtobi, flamed, spidey77, siberia101. You all insulted me yesterday when I said that Buhari and APC killed this Abu Ali and his men. Now come and read how Buhari and apc killed them.

2 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by prospect11(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2016
I think its obvious from the extract above, dat d problem we've got is as a result of our govt, who only mumble words without any action.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by progress69: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2016
o42austino:
for the fact that the weapons where delivered February 2015 to the war front does not mean that it's was bought then. In defence industries things work differently, yes the Equipment bought where used equipment but, it still needs to be service and modifications made to suit the theatre its needed and that takes time. dude weapon are not manufactured like you Toyota camry or your Mercedes benz.

Mtcheeew. They are used, at the same time they are not manufactured like Toyota. Why are u contradicting yourself? Sounding like they were specifically just manifactured for Nigeria.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by ocelot2006(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2016
i am defenitely not suprised. The military recorded a turn in its fortunes for the better under the GEJ watch. This was thanks to the following events:

1) The arrival of both T-72M1 and T-72AV series MBTs along the BVP-1 IFVs purchased from the Czech Republic.
2) The arrival of our Russian trained special forces from Russia with better equipment and much needed tactical training.
3) The presence of the famed South African STTeP group within the theatre of operations. This group brought in the much needed in-field tactical training drawn from years of experience from Angola, Namibia, and even Sierre Leone. This group was equally responsible for establishing the highly effective Nigerian Army's 72nd Mobile Strike Force, and taught our troops how to utilize the REVA 2 MRAP effectively.

ALL THESE occurred under the GEJ administration, and led to the recapture of territories previously lost thanks to the Nigerian military's combined arms offensive that saw Boko Haram destroyed as a cohesive fighting force. All these occurred under Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

BUT this administration claimed otherwise, spreading lies and spewing garbage, all soaked in by their supportive zombies who cant think for themselves. Keep in mind that apart from the 12 worn-out MRAPs donated by the USA and the 12 polish Skorpion light utility vehicles bought by the Airforce recently for base protection, this administration is yet to buy JACKSHYTE for the military. EVERY NEW WEAPON, COMMUNICATION GEAR, AND OTHER EQUIPMENT were purchased by GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

But slowly the truth comes out.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by drss2(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2016
tafrica:
Are we truly winning the war?

only God knows how demoralized these soldiers are right now. Losing a brave leader, whom they seemed to love, and also recall they recently lost 83 men to BH. Media houses aren't reporting true situations in NE.

Why hasn't this present govt procured any weapon? what have done with our defence budget?
Why did we withdraw the mercenaries.

Seems initial upper hands were GEJ's efforts; weapons he bought and mercenaries he put in place.
This govt needs to stop politics and fight BHTs holistically.
i remember buari said before election dat it was a shame dat GEJ was using merceneries to fight boko arams, thus terminated their contract as soon as he was sworned in. now d truth is gradually coming out dat significant grounds against boko arams was made wen d merceneris were drafted. to even tink dat dis govt is using lies by claiming victory against boko is very sickening. playing politics to score cheap political point how low can dis govt sink pathetic. lies no matter how long it takes can never last forever.
APC used boko arams as a political tool against GEJ, now d same measure they used against him is coming back to haunt dem.
God bless GEJ.

9 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by justy15: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2016
I think the major challenge facing us squarely now is that the military has been politicized n battered with propaganda n this lead to coming out quick to claim decimating boko haram when in all the landmark feat made by the army actually started earlier 2015 when the equipment purchased by gej arrived. to note that this government has not procured any equipment since assumption of office with all the brouhaha of gej bought inferior equipment, gej didn't buy arms for fighting is bokoharam is the highest scam Nigeria has fell for. my heart felt condolence to the families of the lost heroes especially to my own bothers Israel, Onyinyechi n the ever gallant Lt col Abu Ali. God loves u all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki / Deji Adeyanju: 'We Have Been Attacked By Police & SSS At June 12 Protest' / Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.