Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T (44773 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Lt Col Mohammad Abu-ali's Body Transported To Base, See Wife And Kid Too (pic) / El-Rufai Blasted For Writing An Ode On Muhammad Ali's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by gemale(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
vislabraye:

You're asking the right questions.
Since 1 year plus in office, this administration has not bought a single bullet. We keep hearing Gej bought fake weapons but which ones has Buhari bought ? None.
Some ignorant people say that it's a shame for Nigeria to hire mercenaries. That's so ignorant

Wts ignorant abt dt? Y shld we hire mercenaries 2 fight our wars when we hv an army? We hv nda dt trains both commissioned & non commissioned officers & oda military institutions dt r supposed 2 b sufficient 2 teach our men in uniform all dey need 2 do their jobs well. Dnt u know mercenaries fight 4 money? So imagine if later bh offers a higher price 2 fight against Nigeria, wldnt dey go & reveal our secrets & weaknesses 2 bh?

2 Likes

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
Blue3k2:
Wow millitary man Buhari lost upper hand. I'd expect more from him in this regard after studying in American war college. I think the issue is foreign funding funding. Boko haram is likely getting funding from their whahabbi ideological master from Saudi Arabia. If we cut the tap they won't be able to sustain themselves. Boko haram will have no were to run because the have enemies on all sides of border.
you are in disarray
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Blue3k2: 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
gemale:

Y must we purchase? Cnt we manufacture our own? R our brains less developed Dan those we r buying 4rm? Dnt we hv pple dt hv d training? Even if we dnt hv, can't we send our own pple over dere 2 learn instead of all d money we waste sponsoring pple on pilgrimage & oda frivolities? d pple doing it were dey born a superior race? We r nt serious because we lack d will 2 truly make our coun3 beta. D AK47 u c d police & army carrying; do u know dt it was invented by a Sergeant in d Russian army during ww2? Ds is a man dt most likely didn't attend a tertiary institution & yet he did something over 70 yrs ago dt we a nation dt boasts of hw many graduates & engineers cnt do 2day. Even if our brains r dull & we lack d imagination, y can't we obtain d needed info by corporate espionage? Dt was hw d Chinese were able 2 dev their own tech. Instead, we r content 2 beg, plead & grovel 4 everything. Whether we go 2 China, US, Russia or even North Korea, it wldnt solve our main problem. D fact dt a slave changes masters doesn't make him a Freeman; he's still a slave. Until he frees himself & has no master den is he a Freeman. Let us continue looking 4 oda coun3s 2 help us solve our problems meanwhile our South African counterparts hv already started 2 build their own defense sector by demselves. Kindly Google paramount group & u wld c dt we in ds coun3 r so far behind dt case is starting to look Hopeless.

From what I read we do manufacturer alot of stuff like small arms and ammunition. I agree we need to use our own brains for ounce in our lives instead of being beggers on world stage. Then beating our chest as king of little league as giant of Africa. We should focus research on weapons at universitiesso they can make stuff or through defense contractors.

The embarrassment we suffered should be our motivation. If north Korea can build nukes as pariah state what's our excuse? Egypt, south Africa and Ethopia don't beg.

bamidelee:

you are in disarray

Try making salient point please. Your just talking but have no rebuttal anywhere. I'd appreciate it so I could rethink my position.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by LeemahLuv(f): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Why do I have the feeling dah dia ris a new sponsor sponsoring bh
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Themandator: 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
progress69:

This is the most useless excuse i have read in recent times. The annoying thing is u guys don't even know what you are talking about. When actually was this embargo placed? And when exactly have did this war start. It is annoying when i see excuse of arms embargo. The US are not the only ones selling weapons. Asides the human rights abuses, it is no news that BH were actually snatching weapons and equipmets from the previous ill motivated army. They raid barracks, which is meant to be one of the most secured places and loot weapons and ammunitions, they even take over tanks and move them to their hide outs. Are u telling me BH is more equipped than the NA? When even many of their weapons were looted from the police and military in the past. Enough of these excuses, the war was a money spinning machine for the previous government.

Even abandoned AK47 from war theatres like Iraq needs servicing before they can be put to use .... Military hardware takes time to manufacture to specifications.... America stopped Israel from selling some military hardware store to Nigeria .... When Nigeria went round the Western axis and Americas area of influence without success she turned to available alternative, Russia

If Buhari makes the mistake of going for brand new that can be used in the NE ,he won't take delivery of them before 2018... All we are receiving now we're already paid for before the elections of last year ..

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by orbitriz: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
I can tell precisely that the death of Ltd. Col. Abu Ali was a setup because I can tell that boko haram has people in the government and military who doesn't want that war to end so coming of col. Abu and the rising profile he created by wining the war and taking those territories back did not go down well with them so they set him up and killed him.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
slap1:
Bubu keeps buying warships and sending them with soldiers to the Niger-Delta. SMH for this clueless man.
Bubu did not buy any warship it's GEJ that bought the ships
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by excel101(m): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
Due respect to the late gallant soldier, We should stop this whole talk about the death of the Late Lt Col. Abu Ali, cos about 3 other soldiers. Moreover all other High rank officers has been dieing before. So what's so special about him. Maybe cos he's from the north.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
Themandator:

Even abandoned AK47 from war theatres like Iraq needs servicing before they can be put to use .... Military hardware takes time to manufacture to specifications.... America stopped Israel from selling some military hardware store to Nigeria .... When Nigeria went round the Western axis and Americas area of influence without success she turned to available alternative, Russia

If Buhari makes the mistake of going for brand new that can be used in the NE ,he won't take delivery of them before 2018... All we are receiving now we're already paid for before the elections of last year ..
u have knowledge about arms procurement.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by famosh: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
o42austino:
Bubu did not buy any warship it's GEJ that bought the ships
Biafran, how did you come across this info?
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
excel101:
Due respect to the late gallant soldier, We should stop this whole talk about the death of the Late Lt Col. Abu Ali, cos about 3 other soldiers. Moreover all other High rank officers has been dieing before. So what's so special about him. Maybe cos he's from the north.
it is not because his from North it is because his good at what he does, he can handle the T72 tanks like no other before him, his the God of Tank wars.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by o42austino(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
famosh:

Biafran, how did you come across this info?
u should grow up and stop name calling. Use Google and you will find when the ships was ordered. The first arrived last two years, the second just arrived and the third is expected by December this year or early next year....everything is not about propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by famosh: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
o42austino:
u should grow up and stop name calling. Use Google and you will find when the ships was ordered. The first arrived last two years, the second just arrived and the third is expected by December this year or early next year....everything is not about propaganda.
I only asked a question, biafran. I don't really know much about these things. Thanks.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by vislabraye(m): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
gemale:

Wts ignorant abt dt? Y shld we hire mercenaries 2 fight our wars when we hv an army? We hv nda dt trains both commissioned & non commissioned officers & oda military institutions dt r supposed 2 b sufficient 2 teach our men in uniform all dey need 2 do their jobs well. Dnt u know mercenaries fight 4 money? So i[b]magine if later bh offers a higher price 2 fight against Nigeria[/b], wldnt dey go & reveal our secrets & weaknesses 2 bh?

Hahahahaaa. I'm laughing at the bolded. You guys just have a funny way of assuming things.
I know Nigeria has a good army but what matters most is result. Don't you know the death of a good soldier is a blow on the morale of the army
Nigerian army is having a difficult time dealing with bokoharam. Except you want to lie that bokoharam is technically defeated
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Mojoy88(m): 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lies from the deepest pit of hell. Sabotage at first, now propaganda. All is well sha.
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by gemale(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
vislabraye:

Hahahahaaa. I'm laughing at the bolded. You guys just have a funny way of assuming things.
I know Nigeria has a good army but what matters most is result. Don't you know the death of a good soldier is a blow on the morale of the army
Nigerian army is having a difficult time dealing with bokoharam. Except you want to lie that bokoharam is technically defeated
U r wrong. Wt matters most isn't just d results bt d methods used 2 obtain those results. In war as well as in lyf, dere is a need 2 tnk abt d full ramifications of actions b4 we carry dem out because actions hv consequences dt r most tyms more far-reaching Dan we tnk initially. If we were 2 follow ur line of reasoning, wldnt it b easier 4 d military 2 just cluster bomb d entire Northeast since it wld eradicate bh 1ce & 4 all. U tlk abt d death of a good soldier kills morale;wldnt morale b weakened more by d use of mercenaries? D men wldnt interpret it as a vote of no confidence in their abilities. Also d least amount paid 2 any mercenary dt fought 4 Nigeria was 500k/month. No officer in d noncommissioned cadre receives dt much & I dnt tnk even a Lt col earns dt much. Wldnt d preferential treatment given 2 d mercenaries stir up envy in d troops & make dem seriously ques whether dey shld risk their lives 4 a nation dt treats Dm so shabbily?

1 Like

Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by Kizito2nv(m): 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
PMONEY6:
This interview is somehow and questionable.
You've not had better equipment for over a year now, but no frequent bombing and the rest as opposed to what we used to witness? What have you been using?
The war against Boko Haram has been significantly won, which can be testified by many.
Oga soldier, please tell us another version abeg.
I'm suspecting you...
my brother leave sentiment a family just lost a dad because of this poo what part of the interview do you want to question has pmb bought any weapon for the army No, as to oppose to what youwitness hear, it's d media lai mohammed control what have dey been using. ?do weapons of gej without the mecinaries, yeah significantly won b4jeg left
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by riczy(m): 6:08am On Nov 09, 2016
Is it not Gen Burutai who was indicted to own a million dollar mansion in Saudi, leaders sacrificing d lives of their colleagues cox of MONEY
Re: Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T by romme2u: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
carmag:

thank you bro...I was scrolling down to see if there is any one who can think out of the box

all the officers including politicians who are connected in distribution of funds ment to fight BH would never want the crisis to come to an end

the more BH strikes the more money in their pockets, hence govt efforts will always go anticlockwise

Nigeria the headquarter of corruption

is their time to buy their own houses abroad na

what do u expect, afterall we are in a free for all chop chop world. some people naively think it is only in Nigeria or maybe Africa but if u open your eyes you will be shock. Private MIC (military-industrial complexes), government officials in the defense sector and some top military officials ensure that governments the world over invest money in national defence and security by instigating and prolonging conflicts to guarantee them a steady supply of slush funds. Sacrifices have to be made including loss of lives and territories to evoke empathy from the masses who will pressurize the government to push in more resources to the battlefields.

look at it this way WHERE IS THE MONEY FLOWING to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / Why I Divorced Atiku Abubakar, Jennifer Atiku's Full Statement / Buratai With Emir Of Zazzau After The Attempted Assassination - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.