Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. (942 Views)

IPOB Members Confront Obiano In Church, Chant ‘No Election In Anambra’ / PMB, Aisha Buhari And The Dilemma Of Nigeria's First Family / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
THE DILEMMA OF CHOOSING A LESSER EVIL CONFRONTS AMERICA.

Adeniji , O

Today would never be forgotten in the history of America not only for holding an election to elect a president to the most powerful position on the planet but also the questionable characters that both candidates, Donald J. Trump and his closest rival, Hillary Clinton possess. With a cupful of scandals that have rocked the campaign trains of both candidates, the question on the minds of many is 'who is the lesser evil among the candidates? ' . Some media outlets have concluded that never in history has any election divided Americans this much.

Inquisitive, a lot of Nigerians including myself have followed the electioneering campaign and reactions closely, equally observing the Americans' choice and why they have chosen to settle for such. Unbelievably, most Americans' choices are not centred on how the candidates would elevate the glory of the country but which candidate will pose a less threat to undermining the unity of the nation and which candidate has the lesser measures of scandals. That unfortunately has been the state of the race in God's owned country.

A closer gaze at the media's report about the contest should worry anyone who has followed closely, in my opinion, I can only but conclude that constructive journalism in politics is dead and buried, what we have today is junk journalism. It is in no way different from what is obtainable in Nigeria where NTA would go extreme on a candidate and TVC would continues to dig out scandals of any candidate who is not endorsed by her media outlet. This is not different from CNN which some Americans call Clinton News Network, skewed towards portraying Hillary as the lesser evil and Donald Trump as a beast in human clothing. FOX news won't help matters as well as ABC and Economist. I am not shocked about the media being partisan, taking it to the extreme is just what disappoints me.

So far, it has been interesting observing both candidates, I simply hope the America's decision would a good one for Africa.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
I've always said it that whoever America votes for, America is doomed.

Trump is deeply flawed, Hilary is deeply evil.

Whether you vote or not, one of them will win.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ioannes:
I've always said it that whoever America votes for, America is doomed.

Trump is deeply flawed, Hilary is deeply evil.

Whether you vote or not, one of them will win.

I wonder why the other candidates don't even seem in the race.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
LARRYDKING:

I wonder why the other candidates don't even seem in the race.

It's just like our own 2015 elections. People focused more on the two giant parties and forgot there were others.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by citizenY(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
This is an apt demonstrtion of what it means for a doctor to become a patient.

Just imagine the level of mischief in the US from Trump, Comey,Hillary, The
business community, FBI, Wikileaks and so on

This is only as it concerns one family , the Clintons,in "Gods own " America.

Can you imagine what other prominent American politicians and their
families have been doing to America??

Abeg, Tranparency International should come up with a new ranking and put America at the top.

THANK YOU FOR THANKING ME
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by citizenY(m): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
This is an apt demonstration of what it means for a doctor to become a patient.

Abeg, Tranparency International should come up with a new ranking and put America at the top.

Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ioannes:

It's just like our own 2015 elections. People focused more on the two giant parties and forgot there were others.

It's either Republican or Democratic
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
citizenY:
This is an apt demonstration of what it means for a doctor to become a patient.

I'm utterly disappointed at America's politics.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
Unfortunately, y'all got Buhari and Jonathan
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
They operate a two-party system grin
Ioannes:

Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
Fabulocity:
They operate a two-party system grin

Not exactly. They have independent candidates who contest without being affiliated to any party.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by neocortex: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
All these uninformed columnists won't let people rest.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
LARRYDKING:

It's either Republican or Democratic

Nope. They have independent candidates.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ioannes:

Nope. They have independent candidates.

I know but it's either Republican or Democratic that would come out victorious.
Re: The Dilemma Of Choosing A Lesser Evil Confront America. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
LARRYDKING:

I know but it's either Republican or Democratic that would come out victorious.

For sure.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Not Recession But Gov. Fayose Takes Okada To Govt House / Apc Wins Ikwerre Fed Constituency / Lagos State Government Are Owning Lsmtl 4 Month Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.