Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? (1452 Views)

At Time Her Ass Will Be Big And Shot Out But At Time It Will Small / ‘your Cassava Must Be Big” – Yvonne Nwosu Send Lists To Husband-to-be / Your Cassava Must Be Big - Yvonne Nwosu Lists Her Requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by fatenzy(f): 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello dear Nairalanders,
My fiance and I are planning to get married, we just want to do the normal rite, paying my dowry and blessings from our parents. But, the problem is my parents, they insist on doing party, my fiance is a Barber, a professional one, and earns close to 50k a month, we want to rent an apartment, we want to furnish it, we want to live a simple life for now, I've tried confusing my parents for them to change their minds, but all to no avail, my in-laws are very good people, I love them so much, and I also love my fiance...
To cut the story short, my fiance told me that we will celebrate our marriage, but maybe after some few months, I've told them this, but they refuse, I don't know what to do, I'm confused.
Please fellow Nairalanders, married men and women, I need your sincere advice.
Thanks for reading.
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by RoyalBlak007: 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
sorry to ask...
are you da first child/only female child?
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by finally1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
ok
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by stobery(m): 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
If your dad can bring 80% of the cash, no p
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by PeachyP(f): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
If you and your fiancee don't want a party your parents shouldn't force you guys. It's your wedding not theirs. But if they keep insisting you can discuss with them and reach a conclusion that satisfies both of you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
Since your parents want a party and your fiance doesn't earn much...you guys can give them a simple party that will cost less...it all boils down to planning.

I think they're excited you're getting married, and could assist too.
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Jostapo(m): 3:00am On Nov 09, 2016
They want it big.. Hit them with the question of sponsorship. If they can sweep everything off with their own money then you shouldn't hesitate to adhere to their want. they want they best for their daughter i could see that.
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2016
Obviously you're a beautiful soul, may you always find peace and fulfilment in all your needs and good wishes.

Kindly don't allow anyone to cajole you into leading a superficial lifestyle. . . . Neither by parents nor anyone else. Live conscientiously by doing whatever you deems right and know is right, irrespective of who get dissatisfied or hurt on the other end. Old age doesn't always equal to wisdom (no insult intended towards your parents).

Why revelling for a matriculation while a convocation should be the rightful occasion to celebrate?

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by fatenzy(f): 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
I'm their first daughter @ Royalblack
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by makydebbie(f): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
my dear,if your parents want party,they should do the needful by sponsoring the event. But maybe you should try convincing someone your parent respects like a pastor or an elder in the family. So that they can see there is more to a "party" its the marriage that matters not the ceremony.

God bless your union in advance.
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
It's your party you can do what ever you want. Serious talk now , who is going to fund this? There is no point starting life as a married couple in debt. If your parents are funding it then then oblige them not may daughters these days make their parents happy.
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Fernandowski(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
that's one thing with Africans
they always want a lavish wedding
as if it's an investment

just make them see good reasons
Re: Help!!! Must Everything Be Big? by Jay542(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
Try convincing your parent not confusing them.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? / Nigerian Couple Recreate Simi And Falz' Photos For Pre-wedding Shoot / March Kvngs And Kweens, Find Your Birthday Mates Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.