Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile (52376 Views)

Tinubu Private Jet Cost $35 Million Dollars / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu / Jammeh: No Looted Cash On Tinubu’s Private Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by yns4real: 1:27am On Jan 23, 2017
Troops secure Banjul for Barrow’s return

More details of the peaceful battle to restore democracy in The Gambia became known yesterday.

After days of stand-off, former President Yahya Jammeh suddenly agreed to quit office, yielding to last-minute pressure from Guinean President Alpha Conde and his Mauritanian counterpart Mohammed Ould Abdel Aziz, who were with him between Friday and Saturday.

After agreeing to leave and save The Gambia from a major crisis, Jammeh was confronted by big challenge – how to fly out.

The leaders, The Nation learnt, reached out to All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwart Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who authorised his private aircraft to be used to fly Jammeh out of Banjul, sources said.

Jammeh’s exit paved the way for the return of President Adama Barrow to take office after he was sworn in on Thursday in Dakar, Senegal.

Tinubu’s VP-CBT Falcon Jet had been with President Conde, who is a close friend of the leading politician.

It was not until late on Saturday night that Jammeh agreed to go. Sources said Tinubu was contacted to allow the use of his jet to fly Jammeh out of Banjul.

He reportedly gave a condition: it should only be used “if it will facilitate the quick exit of Jammeh and lead to the restoration of peace and democracy in The Gambia”.

The plane eventually flew out with Jammeh, his wife, mother and President Conde on board.

Senegal, it was learnt, insisted on knowing those on board before allowing it to overfly its airspace. This wish was granted. Jammeh was flown to Equitorial Guinea where he will be on exile

Jammeh arrived at the airport amid a large convoy of vehicles and throngs of cheering supporters.

He stood on a small platform to hear ceremonial music performed by a military band and then walked down a long red carpet, surrounded by dignitaries.

He climbed the steps to the plane, turned and kissed and waved a Qur’an at those assembled.

It was an emotional farewell. Many soldiers, supporters and dignitaries were crying. Others in The Gambia were glad to see the end of a 22-year dictatorship which had little respect for human rights and freedom of speech.

http://thenationonlineng.net/tinubus-private-plane-flies-jammeh-exile/

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Intrepid01(m): 1:40am On Jan 23, 2017
How true is this....Hmmm?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by BlackDBagba: 1:57am On Jan 23, 2017
Jagaban!!! grin

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by bcomputer101: 2:15am On Jan 23, 2017
so Tinubu plane now as Gambia flag on it abi?
okay kontinu

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by BabaRamota1980: 2:20am On Jan 23, 2017
Jagaban of ECOWAS!
First Nigeria
Then Ghana
Now Gambia...

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Solowande(m): 2:28am On Jan 23, 2017
Op u can lie

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Atiku2019: 2:32am On Jan 23, 2017
Jagaban Of Africa...#Respect

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by deomelo: 2:42am On Jan 23, 2017
bcomputer101:
so Tinubu plane now as Gambia flag on it abi?

okay kontinu

Solowande:
Op u can lie

What Gambian flag? The 2 reds stripes or the same Jet with 2 red stripes like the one Asiwaju flys all over the place.?

Where is the Gambian flag sef? Abi na only your own eyes fit see the Gambian flag?

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Horus(m): 2:44am On Jan 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbnUInM-b0

Gambian Longtime Leader Jammeh Leaves Capital on Guinea President’s Plane

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by SmartMugu: 3:53am On Jan 23, 2017
So because a plane has two stripes, it automatically belongs to Tinubu? Why would anyone think planes can't be chartered?
Why cant people think Tinubu chartered a similar jet at some point? Even if Tinubu owns a jet with similar stripes, are the registration numbers same?
Jammeh is a freaking billionaire, so are those mediating with him. I'm sure a plane could have been chartered for him. Whoever believes this concucted nonsense needs to get his head checked.

The jet in question is a Mauritanian jet and conveyed Jammeh, his family and Guinea president -Alpha Conde to Guinea where Jammeh was offered exile. I don't see where Tinubu got in the picture like depicted here.
http://www.africanews.com/2017/01/21/focus-jammeh-to-leave-to-conakry-with-conde-barrow-wants-nationals-back-home/

The plane with registration VP-CBT as seen on its tail is ran by a firm - Cumberland Consultancy SA in its fleet of planes.
https://www.planelogger.com/Aircraft/Registration/VP-CBT/620799
Same plane details here. Note it's operator is stated as 'Corporate'
http://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1548204

The same plane with registration number VP-CBT is listed on active aircraft register to belong to Cumberland Consultancy SA

Yet, only Nigerian media online say it's Tinubu's plane.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by FastShipping: 3:58am On Jan 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
So because a plane has two stripes, it automatically belongs to Tinubu? Why would anyone think planes can't be chartered? Why cant people think Tinubu chartered a similar jet at some point? Jammeh is a freaking billionaire, so are those mediating with him. Whoever believes this concucted nonsense needs to get his head checked.

Do you realize the op didn't create this news? Have you for a second check the source attached to this news?

Smh

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by SmartMugu: 4:01am On Jan 23, 2017
FastShipping:

Do you realize the op didn't create this news? Have you for a second check the source attached to this news?

Smh
I didn't call out the op in my post. Whoever came up with the news could be talking thrash he can't defend.

37 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by HtwoOw: 4:07am On Jan 23, 2017
Even media outlet has become stupid these days

Some op's too

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by mykeljosef: 4:33am On Jan 23, 2017
see the afonjas masturbating over tinubu

abeg who gets bleeps for sale

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by DeLaRue: 4:33am On Jan 23, 2017
Tinubu and the President of Guinea Conakri are good friends.

The story is logical.

By the way, Guinea Conakri is pound for pound, one of the most resource rich contries in the world, but as is common in this continent, it is poor in reality.

24 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by sleeknick: 4:57am On Jan 23, 2017
Gud riddance
Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by deomelo: 5:50am On Jan 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
So because a plane has two stripes, it automatically belongs to Tinubu? Why would anyone think planes can't be chartered? Why cant people think Tinubu chartered a similar jet at some point? Jammeh is a freaking billionaire, so are those mediating with him. Whoever believes this concucted nonsense needs to get his head checked.

Tinubu charters the same jet all the time and the same jet appeared in Gambia to pick up a billionaire who can not afford to buy his own jet.?

And you know the disgraced loser in Gambia is a billionaire because you counted his money or you helped him loot the Gambian treasury?

These NL kids sef..

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by BudeYahooCom: 5:59am On Jan 23, 2017
Can you imagine the trash from Thiefnuubu's the nation newspaper?

Gambian's president's plane has been on standby with his south African pilot for the past 72 hours before his departure yet they claim it's thiefnuubu'd plane because it has 2-strips.

I expect his yoruba muslim zombies to donate their brains to the nation (thiefnuubu's paper) for more brainwashing. Many of them already swallowed the trash unquestionably..

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Flyoruboy1: 6:00am On Jan 23, 2017
SmartMugu:

Maybe we should ask you to have your own head checked as well for outrightly dismissing the veracity of the report without any shred of evidence beyond speculation. Why not shame the source by actually coming up with a smoking gun evidence that the report is false?

Between you, a faceless anonymous nobody, and the source of the news report, who has more credibilty? I smell the usual anti-Tinubu bad-belle and nothing more.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by SEOManiac: 6:12am On Jan 23, 2017
That's Tinubu's jet, however, it's on lease as he uses it for business when he's not in need for it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by FastShipping: 6:13am On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Gambian's president's plane has been on standby with his south African pilot for the past 72 hours before his departure yet they claim it's thiefnuubu'd plane because it has 2-strips.

I expect his yoruba muslim zombies to donate their brains to the nation (thiefnuubu's paper) for more brainwashing. Many of them already swallowed the trash unquestionably..

Look at how you just embarrassed yourself. The plane that was sitting on the tarmac belong to Gambia and not Yahya Jameh. The flag of Gambia was visible on the plane sitting on the tarmac. Whereas, the plane that flew Yahya Jameh out of Gambia was a smaller one with no Gambia flag on it.

It is one thing to hate Tinubu. But hating Tinubu shouldn't let anyone allow him/herself a subject of ridicule like you just did.

Go ahead and insult me. Proof me right... 1, 2, 3 go.... grin

The plane in the picture was what you saw on the tarmac in Banjul, Gambia. A lot different from Tinubu's jet.

Hatred for Tinubu has turned some of you to lunatic. I'm not a fan of Tinubu whatsoever but I wouldn't be stupid to argue based on hate and foolishness.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by MrGreenMavro: 6:14am On Jan 23, 2017
ok
Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by deomelo: 6:17am On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Another kid making up stories. He even counted hours and interviewed the pilot for nationality...

Tribalism and hatred don consume you people's soul patapata grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by SmartMugu: 6:37am On Jan 23, 2017
Flyoruboy1:

Maybe we should ask you to have your own head checked as well for outrightly dismissing the veracity of the report without any shred of evidence beyond speculation. Why not shame the source by actually coming up with a smoking gun evidence that the report is false?

Between you, a faceless anonymous nobody, and the source of the news report, who has more credibilty? I smell the usual anti-Tinubu bad-belle and nothing more.
You spoke thrash like you had the tiniest brain you should dig for anywhere you can find it from. I regret even reading your nonsense, I could have spent that 2 seconds on something else. By the way, Jammeh left with Alpha Conde on a Mauritanian plane http://www.africanews.com/2017/01/21/focus-jammeh-to-leave-to-conakry-with-conde-barrow-wants-nationals-back-home/
People like you see pictures and claim all Mauritanian aircrafts belong to Tinubu. Pray for some sense at least. Tinubu is rich enough to own his striped private jet, does it mean all stripe jets belong to Tinubu. Habana, which kain mumu pikin be this
No go and die somewhere.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by lovat(m): 6:38am On Jan 23, 2017
To all the whole idiots celebrating this news what business does Tinubu do to acquire private Jet?

Can we now see it as normal if all the ex governors have Private jets?

Can we also see it as normal if Diezani have private jet since both she and Tinubu retired as senior staff in a major oil firm

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by yns4real: 6:39am On Jan 23, 2017
FastShipping:

Smh

Dnt mind d guy! He commented out of hatred he has for Tinubu. Apart frm The Nation, other newspapers like The Vanguard and The Sun have reported same.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 23, 2017
Jammeh WILL NEVER EVER FORGIVE president of Senegal. This Fulani man, president of Senegal took it upon himself to make sure that Jammeh is out and another Fulani Barrow is sworn in despite clear evidence of electoral fraud. He spearheaded the ECOWAS military invasion and even monitored the occupants of the plane taking Jammeh on exile. Jammeh is not a small boy, he is a former warlord. foreign agents like Charles Taylor and with strong connections. Wherever he goes, he will fund some type of coup in Senegal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by kokoA(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2017
Mcheeww.. See people arguing about Tinibu's jet or not Tinibu's jet. My people, getting a jet is no big deal to some of these men. You guys don't what Nigerian politicians are worth o. Do you realize that Tinibu might be richer than the whole of Gambia, Guinea and Mauritania put together?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by deomelo: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2017
[s]
SmartMugu:

You spoke thrash like you had the tiniest brain you should dig for anywhere you can find it from. I regret even reading your nonsense, I could have spent that 2 seconds on something else. By the way, Jammeh left with Alpha Conde on a Mauritanian plane http://www.africanews.com/2017/01/21/focus-jammeh-to-leave-to-conakry-with-conde-barrow-wants-nationals-back-home/
People like you see pictures and claim all Mauritanian aircrafts belong to Tinubu. Pray for some sense at least. Tinubu is rich enough to own his striped private jet, does it mean all stripe jets belong to Tinubu. Habana, which kain mumu pikin be this
No go and die somewhere.
[/s]

Daily Sun gathered that Tinubu allowed his plane ferry Jammeh out of the country, on the grounds that it will facilitate the former leader’s quick exit, and lead to the restoration of peace and democracy in The Gambia.
It was gathered that Tinubu’s VP-CBT Falcon jet, which had been with Guinean President Alpa Conde for days, was moved to Banjul, the Gambia capital, to ferry Jammeh out of the country, after a two-day stalemate on transfer of power

http://africa.iblackvoices.com/2017/01/22/tinubus-plane-ferries-jammeh-to-exile/

http://sunnewsonline.com/tinubus-plane-ferries-jammeh-to-exile/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by SmartMugu: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2017
deomelo:

Tinubu charters the same jet all the time and the same jet appeared in Gambia to pick up a billionaire who can not afford to buy his own jet.?

And you know the disgraced loser in Gambia is a billionaire because you counted his money or you helped him loot the Gambian treasury?

These NL kids sef..

BRO, I actually think you're the NL kid here.
Just today, Jammeh is accused of withdrawing $11m from Gambian government coffers within the last two weeks
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/gambia-ruler-yahya-jammeh-plundered-coffers-170123033901430.html
Convert that amount converted to Naira and tell me I was wrong calling him a billionaire.
That added to his net worth all over the Internet, and knowing that man is richer than Gambia itself. I knew what I was saying. I have nothing against Tinubu or his plane. I only said all striped planes don't belong to Tinubu only to see two kids screaming like I insulted their master.
Make una sit down abeg.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile by deomelo: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2017
[s]
SmartMugu:

BRO, I actually think you're the NL kid here.
Just today, Jammeh is accused of withdrawing $11m from Gambian government coffers within the last two weeks
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/gambia-ruler-yahya-jammeh-plundered-coffers-170123033901430.html
Convert that amount converted to Naira and tell me I was wrong calling him a billionaire.
That added to his net worth all over the Internet, and knowing that man is richer than Gambia itself. I knew what I was saying. I have nothing against Tinubu or his plane. I only said all striped planes don't belong to Tinubu only to see two kids screaming like I insulted their master.
Make una sit down abeg.
[/s]

It's already established that the plane doesn't belong to him and I don't care about your billionaire rumor if you can nt show me his bank account..

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom / Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death As Two Aides Die In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.