Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,201 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate (31773 Views)

Get A Copy Of This CV / This CV Should Interest Firms Or Organizations / WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CV ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by beautiful232(f): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2016
it's ok sha...can't say much cause I'm working without CV.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by jammyunn(m): 6:52am On Nov 11, 2016
make good use of capital letters please.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by danjaD(m): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2016
There is nothing about ur age
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by saintkash(m): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2016
Naaseer01:
hello guys, help me check out this CV I made by my self. do you think its OK for a fresh graduate?? is there any correction that I can rectify??

perfect one..well constructed and pls don't let nairalander scatter ur well arrange cv with dia badmouth

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ipreach: 7:13am On Nov 11, 2016
This guy just advertised himself here
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 11, 2016
You should put your c.v within one page and let it be in Ms word format not Pdf, your c.v is fine but too verbose, let a professional do it for you, I don't know of any professional o, Jobberman wrote mine and it was damn too expensive and I won't advise you use them that's why I say I don't know anyone who rewrites.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2016
Naaseer01:
hello guys, help me check out this CV I made by my self. do you think its OK for a fresh graduate?? is there any correction that I can rectify??
Remove the CGPA, not necessary
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Mexyz(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
To the house, can someone include leadership positions held in school when writing his/her CV?
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Bollove: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2016
Since you are proficient in Eview and STATA, there is no part of your CV that stated you possessed analytical skill and I think that should be included.

Also, remove your CGPA from Ur CV , d thing dey shakara you !!! grin

it is not relevant on Ur CV but u can humbly chip such achievement in during your interview pls "HUMBLY" because if non of Ur interviewer holds a 2'1 talk less of 4.44 cgpa, Na only God fit help u.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by iamauxin(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
beautiful232:
it's ok sha...can't say much cause I'm working without CV.
Did you sleep yourself through?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ednut1(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2016
too many unnecessary info. which one is willing to work individuallly or as a team member . bros if u wan get job ur a team player abeg
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by kaycodes: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2016
Naaseer01:

thanks..where should it be then.
Find a way to make that CV one page. Remove irrelevant information.

WAEC, please nobody needs that.
Change your page margins in word to narrow so it could take more content then convert to pdf again.

Bottom line is, remove irrelevant content. Even with some experience my CV is just two pages.

That your career objective nearly resemble cover letter, bros you don't need that to be too long. Short and straight to the point is better.

Like someone said, just add "references available on request"

No one will call your references except you're being considered for employment.

Ehen let me add, as a fresh graduate after your academic qualifications, please let's see your skills. Then please try and indicate what level of proficiency you have with the skills and software you listed. Strong knowledge, working knowledge, basic knowledge etc. You can Google these words to have an idea then properly estimate yourself. If I was a recruiter looking at that CV I'll be wondering what you mean by proficiency, I need to know know how good you are and how much training will be required.

That preface thingy should be reformatted it's eating too much space.

Work experience should come last except you've had some sound job related work experience.

Overall you did a good job, way better than some I've been unfortunate to review sometime back angry

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by kaycodes: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2016
Mrokaykay:

Remove the CGPA, not necessary
Wrong very necessary, he is a fresh graduate, his academic records are his selling points.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by sweetilicious(f): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2016
I need to add this quick book to my achievements. I just don't usually have time.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by sekem: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2016
emmkeffs:
Please understand that you are moving into another phase of your life.

Earning profits is better than wages. Create a future that you will be proud of. There are lots of investment opportunities you can take advantage of. Think about it.

Better to build a system that generates income than living in someone's monthly cycle system.

Preach it, sister.

1,000,000 Likes for you.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by hotspec(m): 8:28am On Nov 11, 2016
Who CV don epp? When ur JOB, I mean ur JOB comes, they are d ones to request for it. Haaa, I did CV tired looking for unavailable jobs. But dt day, i was called upon.....end of story.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by uzolexis(f): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2016
chloe7:
You should put your c.v within one page and let it be in Ms word format not Pdf, your c.v is fine but too verbose, let a professional do it for you, I don't know of any professional o, Jobberman wrote mine and it was damn too expensive and I won't advise you use them that's why I say I don't know anyone who rewrites.

As a graduate, one should be able to construct a CV at least. why should you pay someone to do your CV for you,what's the point of going to school then.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Temitope101: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2016
Remove your cgpa.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2016
uzolexis:

As a graduate, one should be able to construct a CV at least. why should you pay someone to do your CV for you,what's the point of going to school then.

I'm not seeking your opinion, please don't be condescending with your comments towards me undecided mind your business please, I chose a writer doesn't mean I don't know what i'm doing okay? Smh

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2016
uzolexis:

It is called outsourcing or area of expertise. That you outsource writing of your CV to a professional company with expertise in writing CV does not mean you can't, or you are dull, you just want the best for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by tempex88(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2016
send ur cv to kpmg, pwc, delloitte and EY. one will employ you

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by thunderbabs: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2016
It is clumsy.
Needs to be re-formatted to be appealing to the reader.
Skills too, kinda vague to me....Needs some adjustments and not all that listed are skills worth stating.

Needs a total format overhaul in short. Arrangement, spacing, etc
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by sonssyo(f): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2016
Not that bad,please do yourself good by removing your referees phone number.... remove that grade point average,what languages can you speak fluently, can also be added if it's not there

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Ontop123(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2016
Who cv epp? My friend go make connections for ya self else you go write cv tire. Take it or leave it getting a job in this country is who know who unles6you you wan do Ambode Conductor job
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2016
LastMumu:

It is called outsourcing or area of expertise. That you outsource writing of your CV to an professional company with expertise in writing CV does not mean you can't, or you are dull, you just want the best for yourself.

I'm telling you some people are just too naive, i'm sending my c.v for a professional rewrite doesn't mean i'm a dullard or that I don't know what i'm doing, my former resume was verbose and in Pdf there was some basic things included for me which I appreciated but it was rather pricey and would everyone want to spend that much on a write is a personal opinion. Abi
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2016
Xmen149:

I am,too parked,too much details as summary should be the main thing(try itemizing your points,make it brief and meaningful)put the most important things 1st(recruiters dnt have time to read the story of ur life).(each subject title should be eye catching,try underline)..dnt let any1 decieve u its a mess

thanks.. will do my best
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by NaijaEfcc: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2016
LastMumu:

It is called outsourcing or area of expertise. That you outsource writing of your CV to an professional company with expertise in writing CV does not mean you can't, or you are dull, you just want the best for yourself.
can I outsource my assignments, exams or even jobs? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by dayus12(f): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2016
I think the CV is Okay for an entry level.

But I noticed you reiterate more on your CGPA which doesn't matter most for some employer. You can restructure the achievement section that is, write other achievement aside your school cgpa. It could be projects you've worked on, Leadership role or any achievement during NYSC et.c.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by NaijaEfcc: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2016
Bro, there is nothing like a perfect CV, your CV is fine just make sure you can defend whatever you put there! shikena!! gone are those days CV's matters, these days na ability oooh!!
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
can I outsource my assignments, exams or even jobs? undecided
If it is legal to do so, why not?
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2016
kaycodes:

Change your page margins in word to narrow so it could take more content then convert to pdf again.

Bottom line is, remove irrelevant content. Even with some experience my CV is just two pages.

That your career objective nearly resemble cover letter, bros you don't need that to be too long. Short and straight to the point is better.

Ehen let me add, as a fresh graduate after your academic qualifications, please let's see your skills. Then please try and indicate what level of proficiency you have with the skills and software you listed. Strong knowledge, working knowledge, basic knowledge etc. You can Google these words to have an idea then properly estimate yourself. If I was a recruiter looking at that CV I'll be wondering what you mean by proficiency, I need to know know how good you are and how much training will be required.

Work experience should come last except you've had some sound job related work experience.

Overall you did a good job, way better than some I've been unfortunate to review sometime back angry

thanks grin
kaycodes:

thanks
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by micflo28(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2016
Naaseer01:

thanks I just send you a mail
can i send u one too...my whatsapp number is 08064824031.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hurry - Jobs At INEC In All The 36 States / Bank Teller Job Or Customs (ISP-CADRE 6)? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.