Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,943 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:16 PM

Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate (31770 Views)

Get A Copy Of This CV / This CV Should Interest Firms Or Organizations / WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CV ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2016
kaycodes:
Wrong very necessary, he is a fresh graduate, his academic records are his selling points.
I disagree.... Writing CGPA on CV is not needed... Is not even a selling point..
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by terpenoid(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2016
dat moment wen u finally realise dat d dude to interview u is on NL...
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by aoshi: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2016
Naaseer01:
hello guys, help me check out this CV I made by my self. do you think its OK for a fresh graduate?? is there any correction that I can rectify??
Quite okay but try to make it a one-pager.(not necessary but better)
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by uzolexis(f): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2016
chloe7:

I'm not seeking your opinion, please don't be condescending with your comments towards me undecided mind your business please, I chose a writer doesn't mean I don't know what i'm doing okay? Smh

I'm sorry if you saw my comment as condescending but that was not my intention.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by uzolexis(f): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
can I outsource my assignments, exams or even jobs? undecided

Thank you.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by uzolexis(f): 11:24am On Nov 11, 2016
LastMumu:

It is called outsourcing or area of expertise. That you outsource writing of your CV to a professional company with expertise in writing CV does not mean you can't, or you are dull, you just want the best for yourself.

I beg to disagree. Your CV should not be outsourced,it's about you, your professional and educational background and skills, if you are applying for a job you should at least be able to outline that properly. There are samples and guidelines everywhere, use them,learn how to package your CV.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by kaycodes: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2016
Mrokaykay:

I disagree.... Writing CGPA on CV is not needed... Is not even a selling point..
You have a right to your opinion.
Google sample fresh graduate CV template, and you'll see CGPA in almost all of them. Everyone is trying to get an edge, why should someone hide what may give him the edge.

Visit Schlumberger graduate website and see their graduate recruitment form, they have even removed 2.1 as a criteria and instead replaced it with CGPA 4.0 and above. Meaning it's not just Okay to get a 2.1 they want to see stellar grades.

When trying to sell yourself as a fresh graduate, you have to put your best foot forward and that includes academic performance.

Enough said, if you have it flaunt it, any recruiter telling you otherwise is suffering from inferiority complex period.

@Op be careful of the advice you listen to, I have been on the other side of the table and I can confidently tell you that your CV is the single most important document you can present, so please by all means flaunt your achievement, you worked hard for it, employers need to see it.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Christeety: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2016
ekanDamie:
remove all the 4.44 I almost entered 5.0 talk there, ur exact cgpa is not relevant on ur CV.
just put ur classification be but upper or lower dats what can be accepted

Pls don't remove the 4.44 since its written under the Achievement section.
That's a big achievement you've got. My sister got her present job cos she included her cgpa in the C.V. (4.48).

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by kaycodes: 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Christeety:

That's a big achievement you've got. My sister got her present job cos she included her cgpa in the C.V. (4.48).
Leave all those ones suffering from inferiority complex to tell him to remove his CV. I wish I had a CGPA like that to flaunt when I was at his level, I know the kind of companies I would have started with.

After a year or two of solid experience, it's now Okay to remove CGPA and class of degree but any fresh graduate with a good academic record that doesn't flaunt it, isn't doing himself any good at all quote me any where.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by dracool: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
hmmmmm a CV without bio data. I guess ur employer already have it
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Lynbrook(m): 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
You missing a very important section (Personal detail), I also made the same omission on my CV. Your full name again not the heading, religion, Nationality, Marital Status, drivers license or DOB, int'l passport number ( any form of identification) and your Local Govt. area. Most peeps will tell you that these details might induce discrimination but in the long run, it is necessary because your CV is a representation of you in writing .

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ekanDamie: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Christeety:

did d recruiter tell her categorically dat, dats y she got d job? cos of her cgpa?
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by kaycodes: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
uzolexis:

I beg to disagree. Your CV should not be outsourced,it's about you, your professional and educational background and skills, if you are applying for a job you should at least be able to outline that properly. There are samples and guidelines everywhere, use them,learn how to package your CV.

A professionally written CV is never a bad investment.
What you're probably not getting is that a CV is your advertisement, there are people who have mastered the art. If you have the cash please let them do it for you, or at least get a free critique so you know where to improve.

All you have to do is provide them the key details they need, and let them use their creativity to rebrand you. I am planning on working with a professional to revamp my LinkedIn profile and CV, and it's not because I can't speak or write very well, but I may not be very savvy with HR lingo that can send the right message.

Except you have some exceptional skills and experience, you need serious packaging.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by NaijaEfcc: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
uzolexis:

Thank you.
u welcome my dear, don't mind them, it's always easy and convenient to cover the truth with grammar

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Emasel(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Impressive
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by tosyne2much(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
emmkeffs:
Please understand that you are moving into another phase of your life.

Earning profits is better than wages. Create a future that you will be proud of. There are lots of investment opportunities you can take advantage of. Think about it.

Better to build a system that generates income than living in someone's monthly cycle system.
This is awesome.. Nice one cool
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
Fix your capitalization and punctuations. Recruiters come hard on errors when checking resumes. Who would trust you with creating official documents when you can't write proper english on an important document like a resume?

Your career profile is too wordy. Summarize it to 1 or two sentence. Better still replace it with career objective since you have little work experience. Finally, expand your work experience...you have just two bullet points in each work section. You should have atleast 5 per work.
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Christeety: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
kaycodes:

Leave all those ones suffering from inferiority complex to tell him to remove his CV. I wish I had a CGPA like that to flaunt when I was at his level, I know the kind of companies I would have started with.

After a year or two of solid experience, it's now Okay to remove CGPA and class of degree but any fresh graduate with a good academic record that doesn't flaunt it, isn't doing himself any good at all quote me any where.

Exactly, as a fresh graduate he needs to flaunt his Academic Achievements. That cgpa will make him stand out from other applicants.

I'm sure those special advisers didn't have such beautiful cgpa.

Bros, flaunt it, its your pride!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Harinholar(f): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
ademasta:
Hmmmmmmm... Good small.

But what is NESA doing under professional membership?
....Ademasta...#smile# how u dey

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Christeety: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
ekanDamie:

did d recruiter tell her categorically dat, dats y she got d job? cos of her cgpa?

YES. They didn't really dwell on the questions they prepared for her.
Focus was on why she didn't meet the first class? They were even pitying her, Cos one of the interviewer had similar experience. They automatically felt she was brilliant, that maybe she was cheated. Everybody knows how hard it is to make first class in Nigeria institutions especially in some selected courses.

A job that required 2years experience was given to her(She had no single experience, she was a fresh graduate at that time) Amidst all the 12 applicants(They all had 1-2 years experience), she was given the job

Pls flaunt it, that's your pride!!!

Moreover, you indicated it under the *Achievement section* and not under Qualification section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Christeety:

YES. They didn't really dwell on the questions they prepared for her.
Focus was on why she didn't meet the first class? They were even pitying her, Cos one of the interviewer had similar experience. They automatically felt she was brilliant, that maybe she was cheated. Everybody knows how hard it is to make first class in Nigeria institutions especially in some selected courses.

A job that required 2years experience was given to her(She had no single experience, she was a fresh graduate at that time) Amidst all the 12 applicants(They all had 1-2 years experience), she was given the job

Pls flaunt it, that's your pride!!!

Moreover, you indicated it under the *Achievement section* and not under Qualification section.

lol..thank you my guy

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by princeemmma(m): 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
too old, try and put some effizy
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by eROCK247(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
osolee:

what is this? shocked angry contact me now to help repackage ur cv for free wink
can u help me repackage mine pls?
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by osolee(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
eROCK247:
pm me smiley
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ademasta(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Harinholar:
....Ademasta...#smile# how u dey
Harinholar mi wink
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ekay39(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2016
Naaseer01:
hello guys, help me check out this CV I made by my self. do you think its OK for a fresh graduate?? is there any correction that I can rectify??

I think this Resume is very good for a fresh graduate. You almost made a first class and that alone will pique the curiosity of any employer- please keep the 4.44 Cgpa. However, I think you should put the summary in bullet points so it is easier to read.

Overall, you did a great job.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2016
email it I will help you edit it with the latest format ...for a fee of course
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by ayobase(m): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
Naaseer01:

4.44?

That's Futy for you.

I have a colleague denied first class (4.49) from Elect/Elect Engr department 5 years ago with grade C in his wonderful final year project, courtesy of Kadalla.

You have a nice CV, and keep representing.

I wish they can reverse Mautech back to Futy though.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by osolee(m): 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
eROCK247:
okay
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by NemB: 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
ekanDamie:
remove all the 4.44 I almost entered 5.0 talk there, ur exact cgpa is not relevant on ur CV.
just put ur classification be but upper or lower dats what can be accepted
I think the 4.44 is good there. Incase the recruiter gets to a point where he has to choose btw him and someone else. Cuz if na me get that gp, I go bolden am and increase the font sef
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by NemB: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
nmreports:
Was looking at this CV yesterday.
Did not know it would make front page.
Strike out reference and reduce the career objectives. Too long.

Other than that, I think it's fine.

I am always confident about the links I post here, so check out this article. Trust me it would add value to you.
Write a winning resume yourself: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/08/how-to-write-winning-resume.html?m=1

References are important to some recruiters. No everyone has time to call you to ask for your referees if they need to reach them
Re: Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate by nmreports: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
NemB:

References are important to some recruiters. No everyone has time to call you to ask for your referees if they need to reach them

Great feedback.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hurry - Jobs At INEC In All The 36 States / Bank Teller Job Or Customs (ISP-CADRE 6)? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.