Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Ladies Know Your Limit - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Know Your Limit (26560 Views)

Why Marry When You Know Your Libido Is Low???? / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Know Your Angels And See How They Can Be Of Help To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by onegig(m): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis just confirmed my long held belief that he has psychosis.

As for the Op.
SMH. I know you are Yoruba. Eni ta se lore ti o dupe....You know the rest. Yours is even worse.

Yeah she sacrificed herself and what she did as at that time "may have" been wrong( you guys could have pulled through without her needing to go that route or you guys may have died of hunger and become homeless) You may never know where it would have led to. Prolly you could have joined a cult yourself while in school to survive and get killed in the process. Your mum could have being a road side vendor and crushed in a car accident or anything. Millions of possible assumptions that could have been worse.

You have no right to judge her. All you could have just done was learn to respect the intention behind the act and love her and help her overcome the consequences she's paying now for her actions. And I am suprised you as a doctor is seeing HIV as a doomsday scenario. When there are millions out there living life comfortably with it.

Your message could have been worded much more intelligently that people shouldn't resort to doing wrong just to overcome a challenge. There are many ways out of a market. We might just have to look a bit more painstakingly to see it and not this slander you wrote up there.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2016
onegig:
Acidosis just confirmed my long held belief that he has psychosis.

As for the Op.
SMH. I know you are Yoruba. Eni ta se lore ti o dupe....You know the rest. Yours is even worse.

Yeah she sacrificed herself and what she did as at that time "may have" being wrong( you guys could have pulled through without her needing to go that route or you guys may have died of hunger and become homeless) You may never know where it would have led to. Prolly you could have joined a cult yourself while in school to survive and get killed in the process. Your mum could have being a road side vendor and crushed in a car accident or anything. Millions of possible assumptions that could have been worse.

You have no right to judge her. All you could have just done was learn to respect the intention behind the act and love her and help her overcome the consequences she's paying now for her actions. And I am suprised you as a doctor is seeing HIV as a doomsday scenario. When there are millions out there living life comfortably with it.

Your message could have been worded much more intelligently that people shouldn't resort to doing wrong just to overcome a challenge. There are many ways out of a market. We might just have to look a bit more painstakingly to see it and not this slander you wrote up there.

Thank you!
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

True.

But Cococandy is also pointing out that @op's biased judgement of his sister's past actions are based on her HIV status.

Sex is not the only way to get HIV. She could have led a "clean" life and done things morally right and above board and still gotten it. One the other hand she could have lived her life the opposite way (prostitution, drugs, etc) and not gotten it. Afterall, does every Olosho out there have HIV?

@op's misplaced grouse is with her HIV status. People like him deserve to be held upside down and dunked into a bucket of shyte for his utterances.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

So some of them will come after a woman who successfully pulled her family through, out of jealousy for what she has achieved, even if she has HIV?

Unbelievable! But I have seen it with my own eyes.

Anyway.

Happy Sunday to you my dear! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

Unbelievable, isn't it?

So some of them will come after a woman who successfully pulled her family through, out of jealousy for what she has achieved, even if she has HIV?

Unbelievable! But I have seen it with my own eyes.

Anyway.

Happy Sunday to you my dear! kiss

I know. You meet / read all kinds of outrageous stuff from weirdly wired folks only on Nland.

Happy Sunday to you too darling.

I'm off scalp hunting. Join me kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I know. You meet / read all kinds of outrageous stuff from weirdly wired folks only on Nland.

Happy Sunday to you too darling.

I'm off scalp hunting. Join me kiss kiss

Ok. grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2016
University, weddings and homes. undecided If I say what I'm thinking people will chat so I reserve my comment.
lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2016
nubian999:
University, weddings and homes. undecided If I say what I'm thinking people will chat so I reserve my comment.
lipsrsealed

Don't hold back. tongue

Happy Sunday darling. kiss
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

Don't hold back. tongue

Happy Sunday darling. kiss

Beautiful kiss

Happy Sunday darling grin

I'm saying nuffin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2016
nubian999:

Beautiful kiss

Happy Sunday darling grin

I'm saying nuffin lipsrsealed

grin grin
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2016
Interesting . . . .

Anyway I hope that all of you who she played God for are looking after her properly and you are all making sure that she is enjoying the fruit of her labour.

For example the sibling that built a 4 bed house for your mum should be building an 8 bedroom apartment for your sister bearing in mind your sister took over the father role after your dad died.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by ElsonMorali: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
So you've made your sister who sacrificed her health and dignity to sustain you all, a cautionary tale for others?

Why don't you go right ahead and spit in her face while she's still alive and call her a prostitute to her face.

She did absolutely wrong prostituting herself for whatever reason.

While you have said the truth that she shouldn't have gone all the way like she did, it should not come from you and definitely not on a public forum where you even have your own picture displayed.

Madam, delete this thread ASAP.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by ElsonMorali: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

True.

But Cococandy is also pointing out that @op's biased judgement of his sister's past actions are based on her HIV status.

Sex is not the only way to get HIV. She could have led a "clean" life and done things morally right and above board and still gotten it. One the other hand she could have lived her life the opposite way (prostitution, drugs, etc) and not gotten it. Afterall, does every Olosho out there have HIV?

@op's misplaced grouse is with her HIV status. People like him deserve to be held upside down and dunked into a bucket of shyte for his utterances.

I beg to disagree with this.

The fact that the op specifically pointed out that her sister has HIV and didn't bother to mention whether she has a job or whether she is married gives room for speculations and conclusions.

Besides, from her story and the heading, she made a cautionary example out of her sister, like saying she did bad things to take care of us because she didn't know her limit.

An ingrate if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by sunvick(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
It's shameful that you the Op could say this about your own elder sister.
Wetin fit you nah to carry hot pressing iron put for that your mouth.

Your appreciation for all her effort, would have been to ensure she gets the best medical care needed. Get best RVD for her and provide best treatment care for her.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Why're you taking a dig at his sister?

What's your problem with her? You sound just as materialistic and myopic as the @op himself.

Just grow up, will you?

Grow up like everyone else to insult OP?

I've read his posts severally and I couldn't find a single fault. Sorry, we have different views about issues.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I beg to disagree with this.

The fact that the op specifically pointed out that her sister has HIV and didn't bother to mention whether she has a job or whether she is married gives room for speculations and conclusions.

Besides, from her story and the heading, she made a cautionary example out of her sister, like saying she did bad things to take care of us because she didn't know her limit.

An ingrate if you ask me.

Who is the ingrate? @op or his sister?
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

Grow up like everyone else to insult OP?

I've read his posts severally and I couldn't find a single fault. Sorry, we have different views about issues.

Oh?

So what was this about?

Acidosis:

I will share in your view if OP can attend to my queries:
- does your sister purchased a car, fine and expensive jewelry, a house, or at least a well furnished apartment for HERSELF?

Care to explain the bolded part of your sentence?
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh?

So what was this about?

Care to explain the bolded part of your sentence?

I've talked about that earlier.

Nobody will pick up guns to rob for my sake. It is either the person loves robbery or needs the resources of innocent persons. When he or she chooses to share the loots with me, it still doesn't mean the robbery was done for my sake.

I don't think I have to explain more than I've done already, and the good thing is, everyone must not agree with me. As for the OP, the lessons in his/her post have been well noted. The level of insults melted on him/her is absolutely unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

I've talked about that earlier.

Nobody will pick up guns to rob for my sake. It is either the person loves robbery or needs the resources of innocent persons. When he or she chooses to share the loots with me, it still doesn't mean the robbery was done for my sake.

I don't think I have to explain more than I've done already, and the good thing is, everyone must not agree with me. As for the OP, the lessons in his/her post have been well noted. The level of insults melted on him/her is absolutely unnecessary.

And if the robber who robbed for your sake offers to share their stolen proceeds with you, will you say, "No"?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

And if the robber who robbed for your sake offers to share their stolen proceeds with you, will you say, "No"?

No robber will rob for my sake.

We may have to include psychology as one of elementary subjects in our primary schools.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

No robber will rob for my sake.

We may have to include psychology as one of elementary subjects in our primary schools.

That wasn't what I asked you.

I repeat: will you accept the proceeds of stolen goods stolen on your behalf? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nancy2016: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
I think I know what the OP is trying to say. Yes he's grateful for all the sacrifices his sister made in order to take care of the family, but when he sees the sister's current status, he feels she should have also thought about herself. We have people abroad who live in what can be termed as slums, they work all kinds of hours so that they can save money to send to their families back home. Some of them rarely treat themselves because they feel it would take away from their savings.
I remember a story of a Ghanaian who was found dead in the attic of a home. This guy died with thousands of pounds but his lifestyle was that of a pauper. He was building a home in Ghana. Guess who is living in the house he built and living a lavish life, his younger brother.
Going back to the OP's story, his sister should have done what she could but also put herself first from time to time. A wedding isn't important and university students should work part time to take care of their personal needs.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by baby124: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
If OP's sister did not take care of them, they would have been spreading rumors that she used their father for money or used their star to make herself rich. And a consequence for that richness is not sharing her money. Some will even go to fake pastor for confirmation. They will hate her and even try to rob or kill her out of envy. Op, you are not even ashamed. You even put your mother in the worst light because she was so lazy, she let her daughter hustle so she can eat. You think that kind of mother would have provided any future for you if your sister did not hustle? You no get sense sha, na where your mind expand reach you use come take yab yourself for NL.

11 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

That wasn't what I asked you.

I repeat: will you accept the proceeds of stolen goods stolen on your behalf? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Thanks.

I don't believe anyone can steal goods solely on my behalf. However, if I receive SOME of the proceeds of their actions (ignorantly or in tough times), I would be forever grateful. I could also share in some of the consequences when the robber gets caught.

As a matter of fact, that would serve as a lesson for me and for anyone that cares to listen.

I understand the ethical perspectives some posters have tried to raise. Oh yell! Our parents always say they're working to feed US. Some will say: they're working for their Children. It is a proper thing to say 'ethically', especially for parents who out of working for their children have bought 2, 3, exotic cars for themselves. Even parents who wants to build their career and increase their status in community can as well say they're working for their children. Who wouldn't say that, especially after enrolling their wards in expensive private school.

We can continue to pretend and shy away from the truth we all know...and scared to say. The truth remains that (i) OP, in my own understandings, has good intentions; (ii) He/She would be forever grateful to her sister because she cared in a difficult time; (iii) If the ailment has anything to do with the nature of her job, it is psychologically improper to say she contracted HIV for the sake of her family.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

I don't believe anyone can steal goods solely on my behalf. However, if I receive SOME of the proceeds of their actions (ignorantly or in tough times), I would be forever grateful. I could also share in some of the consequences when the robber gets caught.

[s]As a matter of fact, that would serve as a lesson for me and for anyone that cares to listen.

I understand the ethical perspectives some posters have tried to raise. Oh yell! Our parents always say they're working to feed US. Some will say: they're working for their Children. It is a proper thing to say 'ethically', especially for parents who out of working for their children have bought 2, 3, exotic cars for themselves. Even parents who wants to build their career and increase their status in community can as well say they're working for their children. Who wouldn't say that, especially after enrolling their wards in expensive private school.

We can continue to pretend and shy away from the truth we all know...and scared to say. The truth remains that (i) OP, in my own understandings, has good intentions; (ii) He/She would be forever grateful to her sister because she cared in a difficult time; (iii) If the ailment has anything to do with the nature of her job, it is psychologically improper to say she contracted HIV for the sake of her family.[/s]

So you wouldn't say "no". You'll accept them while adopting the moral high ground.

You're a hypocrite, Acidosis and no different from @op.

15 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

So you wouldn't say "no". You'll accept them while adopting the moral high ground.

You're a hypocrite, Acidosis and no different from @op.
So receiving some of the stolen goods is enough reason to avoid preaching and warning others? nawao

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by EfemenaXY: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

So receiving some of the stolen goods is enough reason to avoid preaching and warning others? nawao

If you accept stolen goods from a thief, you're no better than the thief and you definitely do not have the right to judge the thief knowing fully well your acceptance of the ill-gotten goods only encouraged the thief to keep on stealing. On your behalf.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

If you accept stolen goods from a thief, you're no better than the thief and you definitely do not have the right to judge the thief knowing fully well your acceptance of the ill-gotten goods only encouraged the thief to keep on stealing. On your behalf.

Judging? that's strange.

Anyway, our views are bound to be different. Take care
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nancy2016:

I think I know what the OP is trying to say. Yes he's grateful for all the sacrifices his sister made in order to take care of the family, but when he sees the sister's current status, he feels she should have also thought about herself. We have people abroad who live in what can be termed as slums, they work all kinds of hours so that they can save money to send to their families back home. Some of them rarely treat themselves because they feel it would take away from their savings.
I remember a story of a Ghanaian who was found dead in the attic of a home. This guy died with thousands of pounds but his lifestyle was that of a pauper. He was building a home in Ghana. Guess who is living in the house he built and living a lavish life, his younger brother.
Going back to the OP's story, his sister should have done what she could but also put herself first from time to time. A wedding isn't important and university students should work part time to take care of their personal needs.

Now this is a non-bias view devoid of mal-emotions/interpretations.
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Caracta(f): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Just when you thought you've seen it all...

OP, I don't get. What limits exactly? And why is it gender-based? If she had held back, you would have been the first to throw stones at her and condemn her for doing really good without helping her siblings. You would have condemned her for eating chicken while you ate ponmo. There is no satisfying humans. No matter how well you try, people would find faults. That's some scary shiiit coming from one's sibling.

And acidosis, sorry, are you OK?

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Caracta:
Just when you thought you've seen it all...

OP, I don't get. What limits exactly? And why is it gender-based? If she had held back, you would have been the first to throw stones at her and condemn her for doing really good without helping her siblings. You would have condemned her for eating chicken while you eat ponmo. There is no satisfying humans. No matter how well you try, people would find faults. That's some scary shiiit coming from one's sibling.

And acidosis, sorry, are you OK?

got problems with my views?
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Caracta(f): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
Acidosis:

got problems with my views?

Yes. You sounded like you've never been under the strong influence of love. The simple fact that you cannot cross certain boundaries for loved ones doesn't make people who can do that fo0lish.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nancy2016: 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
It seems the OP is female. My previous post referred to her as a male. @drbolade, my apologies, I actually thought you were a guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend's Mother Just Aborted Our Four Months Old Pregnancy (pictures) / Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / Smith Takema: It’s Ungodly For You To Marry Woman Without Giving Her Enough Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.