Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,804 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother (45109 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by dre11(m): 5:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Okechukwu Nnodim , Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday declared that it was working hard to come out with a policy that would limit the number of children that a mother could have in Nigeria .

It stated that traditional rulers and other leaders across the country were being engaged as regards this , adding that the move was aimed at addressing one of the “ great challenges ” in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan of the Federal Government .

The Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed , who disclosed this while responding to questions during a session at the 24th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja , noted that the country’ s population had been identified as one of the great challenges confronting the successful implementation of the ERGP .

Ahmed said , “We have been engaging traditional rulers and other leaders .

Specifically, we have found out that to be able to address one of the great challenges that we identified in the ERGP , which is the growth in our population, we need to engage these institutions.

“ And we hope that with their support , we will get to a point where we can come out with the policy that limits the number of children that a mother can have because that is important for sustaining our growth . ”

When asked about the sustainability of the ERGP by successive governments, Ahmed argued that the plan would be sustained as it was purely a document that focused on the development of the Nigerian economy.

https://punchng.com/fg-to-limit-number-of-children-per-mother/

lalasticlala

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Toosure70: 5:48am On Oct 24, 2018
Not for us in the North. we are created to over produce. We invented the best Bura Ntashi (man power) in world.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:53am On Oct 24, 2018
Misleading headline,
I support the motive though, if we continue giving birth like this, I wonder how ten years from now will look like.

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by daddytime(m): 5:54am On Oct 24, 2018
This will be a great step at tackling one of the major issues in our country which is "children manufacturing" as if it were going out of fashion, without any recourse on how to give these kids some quality life thereby constantly recycling poverty, ignorance and nuisances.

Part of the circumstances that led me to trekking the desert onward Europe in search of a better life and to help my siblings/family make a sense of their lives. The kids are always the dupe of this poverty-induced past time of baby making.

I support this move wholesomely.

You can read up on this story and buy the book to get a clearer picture.
https://www.nairaland.com/4405326/nigeria-europe-through-desert-a-true

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nogodye(m): 5:55am On Oct 24, 2018
Birth control policy to reduce poverty rate and transfer of poverty to another generation...Nice one

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by FedericGodwin: 5:56am On Oct 24, 2018
grin shocked
Until we start reasoning like this, things will not move forward whether you are atikulating, buharying or what have you or if you like bring Barack Obama to govern Nigeria, it would remain the same until we start taking the right steps in the right direction
A situation where an illiterate driver with #30,000 monthly salary having 3 wives with 11 children all in the name of religion or culture, now complaining of bad economy. Meanwhile, his employer has a wife with just 3 children. Africans must learn when to do away with culture and religion holding us hostage but I doubt if the northerners will accept this especially the Muslim faithfuls. Family planning should also be part of the preachings during naming ceremony in Nigeria

230 Likes 19 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 24, 2018
Toosure70:
Not for us in the North. we are created to over produce. We invented the Bura Ntashi (man power) in world.

It's wickedness to bring a child into the world & subject that child to malnutrition and illiteracy. No proper shelter or clothing too. Abeg park one side guy, we in the North needs this policy to work. Nigeria needs this.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Mynd44: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2018
How about number of children per men? If you want to limit the number of children woman have, it only makes sense to do so with men too seeing that a lot of times, men are the people who decide for the family

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by CanineOfJackal: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Buhari will never implement it because he will see it as anti Islam

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2018
I think it's about time

4 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by agbonkamen(f): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
FG don't come and spoil my plans o cos na football team I want born grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by mabaz(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Education is the key
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Aldebaran(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
China wannabe grin

4 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by MrGreenMavro: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Let's take a poll on this policy

click LIKE if you think this is a welcome development.... Click SHARE if you think otherwise

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by jerryunit48: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Wow good.
Some Catholics wey no dey take pills won’t like this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
dre11:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-limit-number-of-children-per-mother/
China has 1.4 billion people.
China is now the most powerful country in the world.
FG needs to Receive Sense ASAP

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Aldebaran(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
China wannabe grin
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by bankyblue(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
She should talk to her northern people

16 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Exponental(m): 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Good plan but unfortunately, religion/belief will blindfold many. "won ka omo fo l'omo." - don't count children for the bearer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Rindo69: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
First limit the number of wives they marry.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Profayo: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
The economic mess we find ourselves is because of gross corruption and insincerity of our leaders.That should be tackled first.
Then,the policy won't see the light of the day because the NORTH will never agree

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by gilgal7(f): 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
" GOD said ; Go ye into the world and multiply " children are Blessing from GOD... when you have a big family ... your name will go places ... history will never forgets you ... you see the birds,they neither plant nor harvest... but they are well fed ...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by ObservantFellow: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
How beautiful.
A key ingredient in this country finally being able to plan for her citizens. cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by bettercreature(m): 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:
How about number of children per men? If you want to limit the number of children woman have, it only makes sense to do so with men too seeing that a lot of times, men are the people who decide for the family
Dont go there please I am going to have 10 kids.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2018
What about the number of children for a father
Does it mean baba sikira can have as many as possible while mama sikira is restricted?
That's gender inequality!!
Not in my country!!!
The men are the main problem not the women.

29 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by jericco1(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2018
gonna be an issue in the north

5 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Why don't you also limit number of sperm per father??

Very useless government

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by lovedatruth(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2018
I have being waiting to hear this news a very long time ago. Our population is our greatest challenge in this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:06am On Oct 24, 2018
China loading
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Mynd44: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2018
bettercreature:
Dont go there please I am going to have 10 kids.
Compulsory vasectomy will be on the agenda after 2 kids grin

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Many Married Men Are Unhappy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.