Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble (4277 Views)

Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) / Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart / My Half Brother Is Causing So Much Problem In Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble by bisiki2: 7:42am On Nov 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Interesting (fictional) story.

Having said that, I find it near impossible to empathise with the woman in this story as she played a big (though) indirect part in what her family is currently going through.

She wasn't and still isn't a very smart person.

First of all, she and the husband come across as the live for today, let tomorrow take care of itself kind of couple. Life is never all rosy. There will always be rough patches. The couple lived life on the fast lane without a single thought for the "what ifs". No savings, no investments, no insurance coverage, and worse still, no back up plans in place - especially with the current recession taking its toll on the economy.

And quite unbelievably, they depended entirely on his salaried income. What stopped her from getting a job of her own, even if part-time? Mtcheew. She isn't nursing a baby. No, rather than get up and use her God given brain, she chose to sit at home all dolled up in pancake and horse weave while punching above their weight. Okay, so in keeping up with the Joneses, let them use their "connections" / upper
class social circle of friends to get the husband a new job. She's lucky the husband only lost his job. What if he had died?How would this bimbo of a woman survive financially??

Three expensive holidays a year. Top private schools. Rented accommodation in the lushest, highbrow part of town. Etc, etc all about to disappear and all she can do is stroll round the garden scenting Queen Of The Night, and bursting into tears?? grin cheesy I love this blog.

Anyway, she should start by selling off all her jewellery (except her wedding ring), expensive wrappers / clothes, horse weaves, shoes, bags, accessories, etc. One pair of shoes and a handbag is all she needs.

Oga should sell off all their cars and downgrade to a single, cheap car. He too should sell off his expensive gaming equipment, multiple electronic gadgets, iPads, iPhones, laptops, etc and retain just one item. He should keep some decent suits for job interviews though.

Expensive furniture should go except the basics. No more eating out at all. They should stick to local foods.

The money generated from selling off their "nice to haves", "could haves" and "should haves" will be enough th sort out their feeding for the time being and kick start a business. They should immediately downsize their home. The money saved from that may just about keep their kids in school for another year.

Madam should get off her arsè and start job hunting fervently.

I don't mean to exaggerate: This is the best comment i have read in the year 2016.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Your story sounds like fiction though.

But if it's true, you should first purge your mind of evil.

Why should you give thanks to someone for murdering millions of babies?

Evil holds you back!

They used to be the majority, but many thanks to Gowon
Re: Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble by divinelove(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2016
trishapal:
I looked through the window at my lush garden, well-kept green lawn and the roses about to bloom. It was exceptionally beautiful this evening as Audu my gardener appears to have done a good job on it. The lights were glowing, giving it an ethereal effect. The special “Queen of the night” flower was giving off its unique and delightful scent as usual. I stepped out and looked at the beautiful surrounding and before I knew it… the tears began to roll down my cheeks. Thank God the children were indoors. What would I tell them?

Kole came back last night with the devastating news he has been trying to keep away from me for two weeks… The company Is downsizing. I should have guessed with the turbulence in the oil market and the cries of recession. I should really have been more prepared. Yes I listened to the news and also read about such things in the newspapers but I never thought it could affect Kole. Now he has lost his job. My husband, Kole, works hard. His promotion in the oil servicing firm has been very rapid and that got us within a few years to living in this exclusive part of town as an official residence. My husband is in his prime. He had everything under control and with the huge respect he enjoyed in his office, it was expected that he would be made the Managing Director in the next few years.

As I moved about the garden, touching some of the lovely flowers, I began to reflect upon the implication of this. We have not built a house (we were waiting for the right location), we travel about thrice a year or more, the children attend the best schools… OMG! I almost screamed as the tears began to tumble down again. What would we do? The school fees is huge! What would friends say? How will I face them? Changing schools is the first indication that the status of the family has changed. I chose those schools based on our income and the kind of people we want to associate with. I wanted a school that would align with our status and now everything has changed. Being very realistic, I know that such high-paying jobs do not come easily and we would need to take some hard decisions.

I am trying to imagine the effect of this on our three children aged between 6 and 12. How can I manage their emotions to ensure that they are not destabilized? With the benefit of hindsight, we made a lot of wrong decisions. We thought the income would always keep rising and our ‘piggy bank’ is not exactly healthy. My major worry is how do I manage the children in this traumatic period – change of home, school, lifestyle

Originally posted on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/blog/item/121-my-husband-lost-his-job-and-my-children-will-need-to-change-school

U couldn't build a house b4 nw. You need financial intelligence dt was all you lacked. I kw d story was made up but depicts ppl situation

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Best Friend Is Cheating On Your Sister / Woman Pregnant For Her Step-son - Nawaoooooo / Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.